Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Starting our regular #d threads.

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304807

Thumbnail by patootie

Nice squared off bloom last summer

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Welcome Joparrot, glad to have you with us.

Love those blooms!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gosh, I have no clue what to tell you Jo, I do plant the long stemmed ones dep, tho, and have never noticed if they like it or not. I treat them a lot like tomatoes.
Thanks, Helena.

I keep missing the pretty blooms downstairs, will try and get a pic of one tommorrow.
Jackie I LOVE that blue and white up there.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I'm just gonna be brave and do it- plant the leggy ones deep, and if they don't make it, it's still early and I'll get more seeds! It won't be my first time to get stung when sowing too early.

Oh Jo, Please do not buy any more seds, I can send you a lot of seeds. dmail me your information to send to?

szarvas, Hungary

Jackie, that blue and white flower ... a beauty !

I just get 26 cultivars from Kyushu University .... sometime with 5 seeds sometime with 10.( 8,070 JPY .... 3 dollar/cultivar ).
And another place morning glory seeds of "exhibition quality."

Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12 Thumbnail by dany12
Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your blue bloom! Is it Diluted Fuji no Murasaki? That's a pretty pink with slight specks too.

Debra, hope your able to get some pics of your blooms.

Dany, so happy to see you here. Your future blooms look awesome. I did buy a few seeds from Azuremore by way of Japan.

Still pretty cold here in the mornings so my blooms have reacted by having smaller blooms. I was able to pot-up some of my seedlings yesterday but still have too many left to find bigger pots.

Here's my tie dye with awful leaves. I love the color of this rose. A hummingbird plant I started from cutting during winter just in case I lost the plant outside.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Morning everyone!
Dany, can't wait to see your blooms, you should be able to get them going pretty soon!
Helena, beautiful blooms, I like that orange rose too!

Thanks everyone. Dany, really nice to see you here. Its been a while.
Helena, that is indeed the mutant, diluted Fuji no Murasaki.
Dany I meant to send you a seed or two of this one. I haven't worked with this hybrid to try and stabilize, wouldn't even know how so every seed doesn't produce this bloom. Some come very close though. Eager to see your new blooms this summer, something to look forward to. :-)

Beautiful Tie Dye blooms Helena, one of my favorites. Love the peachy, orange Rose, a beauty. I like the hummer plant too.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2013 1:38 PM

I agree with everyone on the blooms, the rose and the wonderful return of Dany. I just got out of bed from a Migraine, headed back to bed, missed my pink/mauve splash bloom again.

Hope your feeling better soon!

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone. Hope your feeling better too Debra.

Two nice blooms on the youjiro and a plain light blue bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

patootie, what is that gorgeous dark blue/white bloom at the top of this page? I love it. I am just new to MG growing, and I'm amazed at all the beautiful colors. My favs are blues.

Migraines are debilitating, hope you're over the worst Debra.

The bloom at the top of this thread is the mutant which is actually Diluted Fuji no Murasaki.

The Youjiro is gorgeous Helena.

My Blue Marble nots have germinated and a few others.,
My 1st Blue Marble Not from 2011, thanks to Helena.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I like your pretty BMN, I'm so glad I have one that is similar. Potted up a few more seedlings and trying to weed and get plants into the ground.

Helena, No telling what my new BMN blooms will look like this yr since they change every yr.
Will be looking forward to all the blooms your vine throws

Gautier, MS

I took pictures this morning with my phone and forwarded to my email but it takes so long to get there that I'm not sure it will.

I wanted to start more seeds of some of my favorites from last year but just have can't seem to get around to do it. Kind of lost the real desire to it.
But I am looking forward to see what blooms I get from my seedling maybe in a couple of weeks.

I lost my reply to this I sent yesterday evening or so I thought. Helena, looking forward to newer pics of'your BMN
when it blooms again. Seems like your blooms were darkening up which is what makes this one so striking.
My BMN might be different again this yr as its been the last 2 yrs. A lot of fun seeing what bloom it will make each yr.

An incredible bloom on BMN from last Sept.
Purple Tie Dye last Sept
PPV Plum Purple Velvet I think also from Sept

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms, love that tie dye!

Thanks Linda and thanks to Melody for zapping my multiple posts. Still haven't figured out
why I couldn't see them.

Gautier, MS

Those were beautiful blooms Jackie, very special! My BMN was dark and had the white edge all around it. I'm going to resend the picture from my phone to see if it works so I can post it tomorrow. I had to run around with my older g-kids this morning so it was late when I took the pictures. I'm sure I'll get more blooms from BMN and the youjiro vines. I hope we keep getting those nice blooms this year too.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Would someone please point me to a good source for MG seeds? I am a beginner with MGs, and it seems seed racks don't have much choice. I am partial to blues, and love tie-dyes & picotees. Thanks

Ebay has a lot of nice ones that are nice priced!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=japanese+morning+glory&_sop=15

Have any of you heard of this one?
3 seeds for $9.95. Stictocardia Macalusoi seeds African Morning Glory
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stictocardia-Macalusoi-seeds-African-Morning-Glory-RARE-Perennial-/160996796313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257c282799

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the ebay link- I just ordered some seeds.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

It says perennial- that would be nice!

I have the stictocardia breavenenis.. it is not cold hardy to this zone, so it blooms in winter in my basement.

I love the blues too, Jo. And the BMN is beautiful and Helena your blooms always blow me away. Jackie's blooms are always gorgeous. Heck, All the blooms posted are the best, I think. some from 2011 and 2012

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra! Love all the colors!

Gautier, MS

Looks like Jo has been bitten by the mg bug like us.

Love your blooms Debra, nice show and your stictocardia is really special.

These are my blooms from yesterday, the last is a family of geese at our high school.

BMN
Youjiro
Faded pink from dark blue
Gray haze
geese family

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Today there are more blooms and maybe 2 new ones.

Baby blue from another vine of BMN
BMN
Gray Haze
? didn't check for lable
?didn't check for lable

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wow, beautiful blooms today! Love those geese too!

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful, everyone! I can't wait for mine to grow and bloom. I once tried MGs in Louisiana, but it was so hot the flowers never stayed open long. Hopefully here in WA they will be showy.

Debra, you had lovely blooms in 2010,11,12. Its nice to get to see some of our blooms from those yrs as we
wait for the new seasons blooms. I like to see them and send a few of mine too. :-) Its going to be a while b4 I have new blooms.
Gorgeous blooms you got going on Helena. Love the BMN from the 2nd row of pics you sent.
Your Gray Hazes are impressive and I love the pink with missing label, beautiful color and the last bloom is a beauty too.

oh I love the last bloom the bestest Helena, and it looks so familiar, I think I had that one, wish I knew where it came from, maybe form you?

I have a mama robin on the front porch under the eaves nesting in the honeysuckle, she is so funny..
here are some outside shots of whats blooming for me right now..
forget me nots, tulips and creeping daisey , violets all around the yard beds..
bouncing bets..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Beautiful blooms Debra!

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies. Debra, I don't know about that last bloom on my previous post. It could have come from me since I have seedlings I'm growing this year from my blue and purple mixes and pink fuchsias too. I love your blooms, wildflowers are some of my favorites too.

Had more rain yesterday, a cold front with cool weather this morning, Still had some nice blooms.

Purple bloom
Rose
Blue rayed from the dark blue
Pink

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms, love that orange rose, so pretty with the purple morning glory in the background!

Nice wildflowers Debra.
Love your blooms this morning Helena. All very pretty but the Blue Rayed is gorgeous.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I have quite a few blooms this morning a few new ones but all a pleasure to see.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.