Morning Glories 2013 # 1

Gautier, MS

It's going to be a nice sunny day here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Absolutely beautiful blooms this morning Helena. Is that first pic Tonys Tie Dye cross?
Love the blue in pic #2 with the wide white throat and the lovely Hige too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. That first pink bloom is not Tony's cross but just one of the seeds I had mixes of. I know I didn't start any of Tony's seeds yet.
That forth bloom is not a hije either, sorry that was 3 blooms close together that didn't quite open but made a neat look to it. The color was a light lavender.

Hoping for some nice blooms tomorrow.

Helena, the non hige sure had me fooled. :-)
So much for new glasses.
Nice Black King too.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2013 12:25 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I would be blind without my reading glasses, impossible to see details without them on.

I have nice blooms from a blue-purple mix that resembles the youjiro ones from Bluespiral (Karen). The other blooms are repeats but I'm glad to have them blooming..

Blue-purple mix
Blue-purple mix 2nd bloom
Karens Youjiro
Pink
Black King

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

More Blooms from today

BMN
BMN 2nd bloom
Tie dye
Gray haze
Tobacco blooms

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love the Blue Purple mix as well as your blooms from Karens
lovely youjiro. Do you think the youjiro also resembles my BMN just a little that I posted on April 23rd? I think I can
see a resemblance in the pattern.
Your BMN's are very pretty and I love the understated color of the Tie Dye.

Lovely Asago from Ronnies sds in 2011.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, the youjiro does make some neat patterns but BMN seems to have larger blooms. I think the pattern on BMN does seem to change a bit, the color seems to stay the same though. I'm not sure if the humidity has anything to do with those unusual "batlike patterns" on the blooms. It just makes it neat and interesting.

Helena, yes my youjiro blooms are only about 3 inches across. My BMN's were 3 1/2 to 4 inches across.
A couple of cooler nights last Sept may have accounted for my BMN blooms having a different look.

Gautier, MS

I didn't expect those neat blooms from youjiros. I'm just enjoying whatever blooms for me though these vines are not making any seeds. I probably need to feed them with Bloom Booster.

These bloom this morning.

BMN, all dark large blooms even though the closest to the camera came out lighter.
My dark blue mix came out with lighter blue and blizzard.
Neat youjiro
? not sure plain youjiro
From my blue-purple mix

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms, what is the one posted on the 26th? 2nd group of pictures, 2nd picture!

Helena, Your Blue Marble blooms are gorgeous this morning. Love all the
other blues too, very pretty.

I've got a tiny bud on one of Danys seedling mg's. :-)

No Mai last summer

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow i have missed a lot fo beauty Helena and Jackie, you guys are really wowing me with your awsome bloom pics. I to love the Blues especially when they are tinged with white and purple. The rose is gorgesous, I used to have one of those, but I think I lost it. oh well.. I still have these few..plus the mini dark red trailing ones out front and the AMerican Eagle Hybrid yellow out back..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Those are beautiful Debra!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Linda that bloom is from Black King. I like growing it, always a neat color and bloom.

Jackie love your gorgeous no Mai. Hope to grow one of your seeds soon. I have tiny small buds on some of Dany's vines too.

Debra, love your beautiful roses. Just something special about roses.

Repeat blooms.

Beautiful Roses Debra.

Very pretty Helena.

Saginaw, MI

Wow Debra -- roses are beautiful !! I have 5 tea roses we planted last year and am hoping they all survived the winter .

Absolutely gorgeous photos of morning glories from everyone !! Love to see them.

Purchased some "unmarked " envelopes of morning glory seeds from a garage sale -- should be interesting to see what happens !!! Has anyone else every purchased seeds/plants from garage sales ???

Norfolk, VA

Nice blooms, everyone. I'm back!

Hey, welcome back! Where have you been?

Hey Tony.

Norfolk, VA

Trial 2 of my JMG breeding project, "Cherry Pink Lemonade." The "rogue appeal" is my obstacle!

This message was edited May 1, 2013 12:05 AM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Great pics!!

Welcome back Tony!

Norfolk, VA

Great pics, y'all. Have you attempt to plant some of my seeds, yet? If so, let me know how they turn out:-)

those roses were last year, they are leafing out right now this year, and as always great mg blooms, Helena. Dipping down to freezing again, so will be busy dragging some stuff in tonight.
I ha some seedlings ready to get outside .
have a great day.

Gautier, MS

Welcome back Tony.

I have been overwhelmed with all my seedlings so I have not started any new ones. Already have 2 new blooms and others looks like not too much longer before they start blooming.

Debra, hope your weather doesn't get that bad. It's been really crazy weather this year.

Gautier, MS

A few more blooms, I had all of these in gh b/c I didn't want them damaged by the rain.

Norfolk, VA

Helenah, I adore that pale blue on image 3

They are all beautiful!

Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love the big blue with wide white throat and the 1st blue pic too. The purple
bloom is drop dead gorgeous, pic #2
Your 1st pic on row # 2 is lovely. Great blooms you're getting.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Tony, hope that one makes seeds. I'm hoping they all make seeds.

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Jackie that #2 is BMN on row 2. I have to go look at labels, I know I lost a few of them. But it's raining here now. I have a bunch of vines against the house to keep them from getting too much rain. It looks like one will be blooming tomorrow.

Quote from taters55 :
They are all beautiful!

I agree, I love them all.
going to be 34 this comming am and 30 tommrrow night so have been coming home from work, throwing hot grass cuttings from the compost pile on everything I just planted, and brought all the tropicals in I had set out a week ago my dining room is covered in plants, and the basement gardens are still vining and blooming away... sheesh!

Gautier, MS

We had downpours of rain causing a lot of flooding starting yesterday evening. It's still raining here a bit this morning. Sorry that it's getting so cold for you Debra. I think it's over being too cold here.

Tony, I checked the label and have to give credit to that light blue bloom that you liked to Karen, Bluespiral. It's Silky Blue with the white center as in this first pic. Second bloom is from Dany's # 1 envy. The rest are repeat except for the chocolate.

Gautier, MS

I can't help it, I have a few more nice blooms to show. I placed all these inside of gh just so the blooms wouldn't be damaged by the rain. Last picture did get a slight damage probably from me moving it.

Linda and Jackie, hope your vines bloom soon too.

We're getting the rain and the cold too Deb and Helena. Our cold will be here tonight and the next few nights, record low temps for May. Only 57 tomorrow and Sat., gonna hurt after the 80"s.
Absolutely gorgeous blooms Helena. I thought the 1st bloom looked like Silky Blue but your bloom is much prettier
than the one I had. Pretty bloom from Danys sds and I love the Chocolate.
Love the blue with white eye and pink overlay, just beautiful (last one on first row)

I have 2 of your sds up Tony. One has green lvs and the other one has varieg. lvs. Not blooming yet.

This message was edited May 2, 2013 2:17 PM

Love those blooms, they are so pretty! Love all those colors!

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

[quote="helenahkh"]I can't help it, I have a few more nice blooms to show. I placed all these inside of gh just so the blooms wouldn't be damaged by the rain. Last picture did get a slight damage probably from me moving it.quote]
Are your plants in containers to allow putting in GH? Do MGs do well in pots-if so, what is minimum size to do well?
(I guess I didn't do the quote correctly!)

This message was edited May 2, 2013 1:58 PM

Jo, I grew all mine in pots last year, as our caliche soil is so hard, not much grows in it. I use miracle grow garden soil, and they do OK.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

taters55, what size pots did you use?

Last year I used the long window boxes, they were about 6 inches deep. This year I have separate 2 quart pots for each type of seed. So far I have 10 planted, and working on about a dozen more! All along an ugly fence I try to cover with vines every year, in the yard.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Wow! that seems small for growing,. but I'll take your word- maybe I'll try 1 gallon pots- I have lots of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.