Morning Glories Spring 2013

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1301798

Purple no Mai last summer

Thumbnail by patootie

Bump.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Helena,that was an awsome bloom you posted earlier. Was the purple a light mauvy purple? If so, I know where my blooms came from then, in the basement garden.
Concert was great, just not enough people there..
going to spyro gyro sat nite since where I work at sponsors the show, we get front row seqats and curbside parking with a new Honda LOL

lots of babies here, i have missed pics of the blooms tho.
love the neon pink of that no mai..

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Have fun at the concert Debra.
Does anyone have any red spider lilies, like in today's article? They are so pretty, and it say's they can be grown in full sun. I would love to try them.

Pretty color on your bloom Debra.

I have some of those somewhere, just hafta to find them and hope they are tagged.. LK. After I get back from Sisters I will look while I am undoing the bulbs in the garage..

Jackie, I am pretty sure that seed came from Helena. I can't remember the name just " large purple something" . I am terrible.
Some of the things I had outside have sun burn already, it got so hot here today.

Gautier, MS

Love your purple no Mai Jackie. Pretty bloom & color Debra.

Here's a bloom from yesterday with wrong color and 3 bloom last
2 blooms are purple not blue from today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love that big, white picotee border

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Got a chance to put out some of my older mgs outside yesterday late afternoon. Rain came and gave them a good soaking and wash bugs off on some of them. Even though its kind of cool today I still got 3 blooms and 2 male hummers chasing each other. He looks kind of cold.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms, love that hummer shot too!

Love the blooms Helena, esp the Purple Star.
Little hummer does look cold. My hummers used to be able to find a way into the g house. Had
a hole in the plastic on the back side and they came in that way to stay warm. I wonder if I hang bird houses
if they would use them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. We have been using the air conditioner the last couple of days when it feels muggy.

Jackie, hummers don't use bird houses. I do see them hide low in bushes close to the ground when it's too windy. You probably can get them to go inside with a feeder and leaving the door open. But there's a chance they can get trapped and worn out trying to find a way out. Heard many stories of them getting trapped in people garages.

We had to turn on out AC this weekend, with temps of 98!
Hope you all had a good Easter?

Helena, I don;t want them to get trapped so maybe we will prop open the shed door. It stays open most of the
time anyway.
They arrive back so early that we always have a few cold nights left for them to get thru.
Asking DH to get their feeders cleaned and filled with nectar just in case they're back.

Make sure tou make our own sugar water, the red color in the store bought or home made is not good for them. 4 cups of water to 1 cup of sugar, heat water to dissolve sugar, cool and fill clean feeders.

Linda, DH is 73 yrs old. I don't think I'll be telling him how to make it or to make sure the feeders are clean. lol
We've been feeding them for almost 50 yrs and he's got it down pat.

Sounds like he knows what he is doing. We love watching the hummers.

Gautier, MS

That's a lot of years of devoted feeding Jackie, I had to caculate my years of feeding them and it's only 29 years.

Here what's blooming today and a few hummer plants.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Beautiful blooms on all your plants. Wish I could smell the Rose fragrance
and the citrus blooms too.

Jordin Rose in 2011.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I like your pretty Jordin Rose too. I am surprised by the amount of blooms my orange tree made this year. It does smell sweet.
Not sure if that rose has a fragrance or not. Been raining here so no mg blooms today that i can see. I worked outside yesterday weeding clearing a small section by the green house to get some plants into the ground.

Helena, I'm glad that you're getting something accomplished. Not so here, turned off cold again.
Enough to make me want to re-locate to a warmer climate.
This is supposed to be the last cold day for a while, we'll see.

Quote from patootie :
Helena, Beautiful blooms on all your plants. Wish I could smell the Rose fragrance
and the citrus blooms too.

Jordin Rose in 2011.

me too, Helena. It has been cold. I have carried three trays of babys in and out all week. I am so tired! LOL sun shining today, suppose to be warm now.. yippee!

Sure hope it warms up for all of you soon!

The weather man missed it again. Cold and raining here today. We'll be lucky if it hits 50 degrees.
On a good note, my computer came back yesterday and its acting a lot better. No more going to sleep every time I get up to get a glass of water. It would lock me out too. They replaced the mother board.

Gautier, MS

Thanks y'all. We are trying to dry out today. Didn't have anymore rain even though it's been cloudy and on the cool side in the morning. Had a couple of repeat blooms but just been feel like getting the camera out. Getting a bit tired I guess.

Jackie, I'm happy you got your computer back and working better.

gee nice weather this afternoon with me working inside, bleah. I am tired too, Helena, what is wrong with us?

I am sooo glad your putor is back, Jackie.

Girls, I can't tell you how nice it is to have my new computer back. Its working great too, knock on wood. Debra
and Helena, when the temps start warming up, it always puts me right to sleep. :-) True Spring Fever?

Gautier, MS

Dang it's still cold here. Too cold for me to work outside. I did take a few pictures of the blooms from yesterday that are still open today. Of coarse not as pretty. Now to the process of getting my pictures from my phone to email and my computer is too long of a wait.

Jackie, sounds good time for naps either when too cold or hot.

LOL Helena, you are so right. Old enough now that I need a nap everyday but can't always take one. :-(
We're up to 70 here today, how nice it is. Hope your warm weather returns.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, it's a beautiful sunny day here today. Would be a great day to work outside if it wasn't for those nasty hungry knats! I'd have to be covered in "skin so soft' to be outside. Maybe around noon they'll disappear.

Took a few pictures of the progress on my seedlings, also see the specks on Karens2005 speckled blush. This rose does have a nice scent, a new columbine I just bought last week. Yesterday I stopped at Lowes, they were loaded with new plants, Spring is here, can't believe I didn't buy any.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your seedlings look great Helena. Can't believe they're already that size!!
Beautiful color on your Rose. I love the Columbine but don't have a single one because they're so pricey.
I did buy a peony and a lovely pink daylily week before last.
Helena, I've been so busy, didn't even get a chance to check out Lowes, maybe this weekend..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I think peony's have really pretty flowers but I don't think they grow well down here. I don't think we have cold enough winters for them. Same for lilacs which I would love to grow but I do think there's one or 2 that are for this zone.

Got this gray into the ground yesterday. Same repeat blooms, a few of my salvias microphylla hot lips are starting to bloom too.

Love your blooms Helena. Pretty Gray. The middle bloom is striking with its dark colors, very showy. Sweet little Salvia bloom.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Whoa Helena that middle bloom is spectacular!!!

Lots of pretty colors in your garden.

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies. I have moved the remaining mg's from the gh to go outside.

These bloomed this morning. The dark one, I think the 2nd one is a tie dye, and light gray haze probably due to the sun..

Very pretty Helena, all of them. Do you have a name for your dark bloom?

Beautiful blooms helena! Can't wait for mine to start blooming!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I don't have a name for that dark one Jackie. I think it came from a purple blue mix that I grew in 2008.

Blooms for today. I like when they differ from day to day.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very pretty Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.