Morning Glories Spring 2013

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Well, a pleasant surprise this morning. A dark bloom from Blue Marble Not that slightly resembles the true BM. It's a large bloom, not perfect but there is hope of better ones to come. Another repeat pink bloom and SO, last bloom is blue with slight spokes and picotte, is that how to say it?

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful colors!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, cant wait to see your upcoming BMN blooms, lots of promise there. My very fave MG the last couple of yrs.
Love the pink and light blue too. Helena., I use one t and 2 ee's. picotee, think that's right. :-)

Worried about what might be going on with Debra or her sis since she hasn't posted for days.
Linda K have you talked to her?

This message was edited Apr 10, 2013 10:47 PM

I have not heard anything either.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Hope Debra and sis are doing ok. Wondering and worrying a little bit too.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

just got on sisters computer, all the flowers and bloom bring cheer and warmth to my cold soul .. I love you all for thinking of us.. It is not good news, will talk later

Gautier, MS

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sis Debra.

Had a impressive bloom this morning from one Karen Blue seeds, also the one called Silky Blue. My wild roses still blooming and first bloom on Seven Sisters.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 7:59 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Debra, sorry to hear it is not good news, also sending lots of prayers. Are you at your Sisters place now?

Lovely mg blooms Helena. Pretty Rose blooms too.

Very sad news Debra. Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way for you and your sis.
I think about Sherry everyday, please tell her.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra praying hard for you and your sister that you find peace and comfort.

I picked up a pot of sweet potato vine today, and it has flowers on it! I grew one last year, and I never knew they bloomed!

Thumbnail by taters55

I had one that bloomed its head off yrs ago Linda. But I moved it out of full sun and it quit blooming. Also it
was a huge full hanging basket, a mature vine. Might have had something to do with it. It was not small by any'
stretch. :-)

This is just a young plant in a 4" pot.

I am home now, thanks for the T's and P's. I had some beautiful blooms from Karen2005's blues mix, is that the karen you are talking about, Helena?
I always get blooms on my batatas, small or large, they love the full sun.

I guess I missed a huge ice storm, limbs down and trees covered with 1/4' of ice on our way home, thank goodness we weren't here to see it, Joe said the wrecks were everywhere. I hope you all missed the tornadic activity, all it did was rain and get cold in Rogers, Ar.

Sadly, the cancer has spread, and the past 6 weeks of chemo were for nothing. She cried of course, but thru her tears she told the dr that she will do ANYTHING to fight this stuff. So, she starts a two mix of chemo Monday backed with a shot for her bones and a shot for her blood. She got two blood transfusions in the past four weeks from the "gemzar" .
We got enough money together for a walker on ebay, now we are shooting for a porta potty for the bedroom.
I am hoping she will live until her 55th birthday, and being positve about it, I am planning a surprise birthday party for her there. She has NEVER had a surprise birthday party. any birthday party, actually. One can't live their life without at least one fun party, right?

Well, I guess I need to figure out how to get rid of some plants. Keep the pretty flowers posting. I need them..

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra I am holding you both close in my heart ((((♥♥♥))))

Debra, when is her Birthday, we can all send you a card for her? Sorry to hear the chemo is not working, praying this next round of meds will do better.

I've never quit praying for her Debra. This is tough news to take but I'm glad she is such a fighter.
A special Birthday party for her is a wonderful idea. I would tell her, give her something to look forward to.

Happy Birthday Debra, hope you have a wonderful day!

Gautier, MS

Debra, I'm also keeping you and your sis in prayers. Praying this next round works for her, glad she is a fighter too.

We got lots of rain yesterday, this morning it was cold. Had some of these blooms next to house for protection. Had to take BM in gh just to take picture cause it's quite windy here today.

Debra, yes when I refer to Karen2005. But the 2nd bloom right now is from Karen, Blue Spiral seeds.

#1 BMN
#2 youjiro baby blue as said on envy
#3 lavender blue with picotee
#4 LG pink
#5 LG Purple blue

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

All gorgeous blooms Helena. BM is getting prettier each time it blooms. :-)
Is # 3 the Baby Blue and #2 the Lav blue
The Purple Blue is a beauty too.

Happy Birthday Debra. I hope you get to do something Just For You on your special day.!!!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2013 7:29 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Happy Birthday Debra!! I Agree with Jackie.

Jackie, thanks. # 2 is a youjiro from Karen, Blue Spiral seed, the lable said youjiro baby blue but the center is a very dark star but I only saw baby blue on the adges.

You have a pretty bloom too Jackie.

Thanks Helena, the Mandevilla finally opened, took forever
I do love the dark star, very pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks, this is what bloomed today. Black King and the blue-purple. Blue was a lot more darker.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms, love the black king.

Black King is nice but the Blue Purple is really special :-)

I just love the blues. I lost my mandevilla this winter, I think I over watered it. Have a great sunday.

Debra, I'll watch for sds on my Mandevilla. I know I'd never be able to root that type of stem, leaf. I do have
Streptocarpellas rooted for you and blue.

Thanks, Jackie, looking forward to trading with you, I have your christmas cactus yellow and a cool neon pink for you. I trained my new yard worker today, I started him offon the compost pile, he is 10 his name is Braxton, his older brother used to be my helper, but he has a real job and a g/f now LOL
Poor guy, I made him sweat, but he was happy to feed the turtles after he was done. I hope he will come back, he transplanted some violets and I am hoping he wants to see them leaf out. I taught him how to dig dandelions and chickweed. He did real good.

Sounds like you might have a good little helper there. My g kids help me but mostly with house work.
It teaches them what its like to make their own money. They earn spending money and memaw gets help cleaning house. :-)

I wish I had Grandkids to teach, but my gs is 19 and no way in a mood to help clean house LOL
You are a good memaw to teach them to help out.

Sounds like it is time for a few great grands? You sure don't look like your Grandkids are 19!

aww Linda, gee, Thanks! After just turning 61, I feel kinda old right now, but I guess I am young compared to a friend of mine that is 71. Anyway, here is a few pics from the basement and yard..wish I knew what vine this is that ate up my redleafed hibiscus..(third and 4th pic)

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

And a few glorys

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, mine will probably get to that point too. I hope not any time soon. :-)

Oops, crossed posts. Love your blooms, very pretty.
Beautiful pale blue and lavender mg bloom.

This message was edited Apr 14, 2013 11:16 PM

Love your basement Debra! Beautiful blooms!

Gautier, MS

Great job on the grandkids Debra and Jackie. Mine like to earn money if it's easy enough.

Debra, you did a great job on your basement plants. Love your morning glories too.

This is a really nice bloom, I'd like to call it phantom. There's a lot more purple than it shows on the picture and the center is very bright pink.
If my phone picture is delivered to my email I'll be able to post the pic. later.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that is beautiful! Love the colors in it!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My one granddaughter Sophie (7) loves to help and has quite a bit of money saved. Luci who will be six in June is just starting to want to help, she doesn't last long though! They do both love to garden and are becoming a great help outside. Hopefully my GS Domenic will love it too! My oldest adopted GD Jos has move in with us, she needed a place and we have more room than my son with the little ones. Long story but her mom is a piece of crap and we needed to get Jos away from her. She has been in our life from the age of nine months. Weird having a teenager again but so worth it for her to be with us as long as she needs to be.

Love the blooms Debra, is it warming up for you yet? We're getting there but I'm not putting anything outside yet, did it too early last year and lost almost all of my coleus seedlings.

I started over 50 different varieties over the weekend with the baggie/filter method. Some from Dany, Jackie, Debra and Emma and a few of my own and some eBay buys. I still have a few more I want to do.
Hopefully I'll get them done and my back holds out to get them potted up!!

Absolutely gorgeous bloom Helena, I love it.

Wonderful that you've rescued your adopted g daughter Ronnie, I know she's happy to have a safe place to live there with her g parents. Glad you got to sow some mg sds Ronnie. I've not got to start any but a few of Danys.
Getting late for those of us who like to get a head start. :-)

That bloom is so exquisite, Helena, even Joe loves it. Please know how special you are, Ronnie, to show such compassion for your granddaughter. And the love you demonstrate will stay with her forever. I know, my grandma raised me when I was younger and when my mom was being a non mother, then she grew old and we became friends. Grandma sue and great aunt Reggie were the two most influential women in my life. I have so many cups of vines going, and tomatoes and peppers and well you know how I am.. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.