Morning Glories Spring 2013

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I have a couple more of the same repeat blooms with just a touch of difference. Blooms seem a bit lighter.

BMN, Youjiro, Blue, darker blue and Black King.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Very nice blooms, love the white edges!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, all beautiful blooms but I'm crazy about BMN

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Is that red flower a peony? It is so pretty!

Linda, its a Camellia shrub. It's sometimes called a rich mans Rose. My lvs get freeze burn every winter, I should have planted it on the south side of the house.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

love the blues, especialy the white edges on yojiro, helena.
Jackie I had never heard of that plant until now, thanks for showing us.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Jackie and Debra. Love your Camelia and baby blue mg Jackie. Camelias are very popular down here too.

My youjiro had 2 very dark blooms today. Gray haze had a nice large bloom too. Jackie BMN has turned out pretty nice hopefully it'll start making some seeds. Untill now none of my vines have made any seeds, the warmer weather should change that. A red salvia from Vincent gardens (Fay ?)
not Yvonnes salvia. Last Gulf Coast Penstemon I started from seed last year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful youjiro's this morning. I like the Gray Haze too.
Pretty Salvia and Penstemon.
Been 80 or close here the last couple of days so things really taking off finally.
Grass needs mowing in a bad way.

Beautiful Glories, Helena, I love the Salvia and Penstemon, too. Sister said it was suffocating her it was so hot there, in AR, Jackie, and I am wearing three layers here :P~

Wish I could send you some heat, it is 87 here right now. Humidity is 53%

ugh! and it isn't even summer there yet. I would be very comfortable actually if I was there.. I stop shivering at 78 degrees here..the humidity would prolly be a hard thing for me to get used to, tho. but if I had to... I would! ;D

Deb, it was over 80 here yesterday and humid. Almost that warm today. Sometimes we have a short spring and go right to hot summer temps. I'm enjoying the warmth since I've complained so about the cold. :-)

Gautier, MS

Sometimes it does get warm a little too fast. We've already been running the air conditioner even though it's not been too bad outside yet.

These are my blooms today, sorry for the repeats. Last is a peach salvia.

Beautiful blooms, can't wait for mine to bloom.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love them all Helena!!

Helena, gorgeous blooms. Do not apologize for
repeat blooms. I Love to see what you've got blooming every day.

me too. the purple splashy one is awsome.

Gautier, MS

Thank you ladies. It rained during the night and it's still raining heavy-ly here for me to even check to see if there are any blooms that opened this am.
Already got wet just taking g-kids to school. I hope it stops soon, got cool too. Good day for napping.

I did see a bud or two on my newer vines yesterday.

The cold front came thru here yesterday Helena, but no tornadoes for us thank goodness.
30 degrees cooler here. I got soaked yesterday trying to do my chores, feeding all my outside animals etc.
At least the sun is shining here today but only 55 degrees. This is the month for most of our spring rains, hope it doesn't rot my pandy.

Thumbnail by patootie

sunny here today, ready to have a whole weekend off, so glad it is warming up a bit..
I am so ready to move a few things out already!

Glad to hear it is warming up for you Debra! Don't over do it!

Gautier, MS

Debra, love your avatar and your pandy. You look very nice.

I would have had some nice blooms yesterday if it wasn't for the rain damaging them. Very cool this morning, but I will be potting up some of my mg's towards lunch.
I have a little female hummingbird in the backyard using all the flowers that are blooming. She's too fast for me to take her picture, I tried but gave up.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi all- I am new at this place- I stay mostly in the veggie forums! But this year I am growing some Morning Glories, and as always I have started the seeds earlier than I should have, and the seedlings are getting tall. They are sturdy because I have a little greenhouse and have been moving them in and out to get good light and fresh air. Our temps are still pretty low- down in the high 30s at night, so I don't dare plant them yet. When I do, can the long stems be buried or don't MGs like that? We get pretty windy here and I would hate to see them get broken from the wind. I am growing Heavenly Blue, Blue Tie Dye, Blues Brothers & Picotee Red.

To our new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1308336

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.