March in like lamb

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

No special process was made on my pics Juhur7. ;o)

Those frosty sights I treasure. So rare and what an incredible gift for our winter weary eyes. Today was very nice but I've heard from a met in North Dakota, a couple of days ago, that it won't remain this nice. :'( Here's what his crystal ball(s) were telling him:

"Long range GFS/GEM/Euro are having severe issues run to run in the April 3rd-10th period in if the keep the blocking pattern and thus us colder than normal thru the 10th of April or not. GFS model seem to be warmest but flip flips a lot more than the Euro which tends to be better. Right now the Euro last night (I worked a mid) is showing more below average temps for srn Sask after a brief warm up late this week....GFS is showing some snow chances as well in the 5th-10th period. I do fear that one the blocky pattern breaks down it could go quite mild all of a sudden but it may take mid month. The latest NAEFS North American Ensemble Forecast System does keep the most below normal temps more so from southeast Sask and thru the upper Midwest of the states into the Great Lakes."

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I just looked at my pics again and it does look like something was done however it is just the sun affecting how the shots look. We had pretty clear skies and shots made towards the sun look really overcast (close-up of the branches had the sun behind them).

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We had a 50% chance of rain this weekend but they reduced it to a 20% chance. Most of you should want it to rain here because when we get real rain in southern Californa, it warms up in the Midwest and East. I've noticed that numerous times.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny all day with 48 degrees, feels warmer ,, nice!! nice!! day , planted , dug a little , warmer tomorrow? hope!!!
I was making a joke (trying to anyway) about the trees , lol Plants beng made that way for frost effect ,, Your forever cold weather , and all ,, I have not seen fog freeze on trees like that here in many years now, decades in fact ..
It is pretty and then some , but when it happens here,, what a mess it makes of the trees and plants !!..

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

5:29 PM - 46º Sunny
Snow is going!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

We reached 62 for a high today. Felt great!! I was outside all day at work enjoying it. I'll enjoy it here at home as soon as I get my wheelbarrow back. lol.

juhur7, this one's for you. The end of the video (1:30 and on) shows a hill covered in prickly pears. That is one of those places that gets summer fog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmBqYH1MWnw&list=UURKl2-p7qRqJdQFTpJIESrg&index=79 (Anyone else who is tired of snow is free to look. Nothing exciting but no snow.)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Anyone who has ever walked around there , WOULD SAY.... Does that come with a frosted Mug !!?

54 Degrees here now , real nice spring day .. Of course you all know , day after tomorrow it will be frozen and snowing ...lol

DH and I aways say that it is no place to go sky diving.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That advice is' :Sharp as a needle "" Ever see the guy that jump flips into the bush of cactus ? I don't know the link ,,but it is there also... He spent months recovering!! dumb , dumb , dumb!!! Hairs from those things ,, eee youch!!!!! BESIDES THE OBVIOUS NEEDLES !!

Never saw the link, but major ouch!

Nice warm day with temps almost reaching 70.

20% chance of rain today but there isn't a cloud in the sky, not even a contrail.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on March 30, 2013
55 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the East
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 3.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.60 out of 12

Picture from yesterday

Thumbnail by Kelli

I stole your rain Kelli. lol. We had a downpour this morning then we were just left with a damp cold til it warmed up this afternoon. We reached low 60s but it remained damp and cloudy all day.

You must have stolen it. I don't think we had a cloud all day.

(not my house, not by a long shot)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

OK we had a thunderstorm last night...all night, off and on. Now it is cloudy and 50°. So Kelli, I think you might have shared your clouds with me, too!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Light rain a few minutes in the early night hours , sunny near 60 now and today .. Next three days are cold again ,, Back later , i am planting things again , Berry bushes ,,

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

80 and partly cloudy! We sure could use some rain! I think it's moving this way. The counties around us are under a severe thunderstorm watch....so maybe we will get some of it eventually! It's really muggy out.

Edited to correct the temp.....News said it was 80. We did get rain. Thank you Lord!

This message was edited Mar 31, 2013 10:42 PM

No rain, just a microscopic bit of mist

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on March 31, 2013
68 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: 13 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 30.06 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Pollen: 8.00 out of 12

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Partly cloudy now with increasing winds a rain and snow mix for in the morning with a high of 40 degrees , weather is being "fun" again. Then we get 20 degrees after 60 degrees today ,, What planet is this ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

OK, enough of this stinky March weather, lets move on to April.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1305086/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.