March in like lamb

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

You can send some of that snow this way. It will melt and turn to rain. We've only had 7 inches of rain since last fall.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

and that is about what we having sitting out there (well in the areas of town that do get more snow).

How we'd love to send 1/2 your way. 7 inches of moisture to come in a very short time (ie melt) is not going to be good news for this valley city (downstream it is going to be really, really bad......look out North Dakota and Manitoba).

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

82°/78 percent humidity, in shorts and a tank, flip flops. Two days ago in fuzzy socks and flannel PJ's. Rain off and on. Yesterday was nice.

Lots of snow in that video.
Pretty flowers Kelli

This message was edited Mar 23, 2013 1:53 PM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

34º
The flood forecast for northern MN isn't good. The snow pack there is the same as a 6 to 8 inch rain. That is a lot of water.
Our snow here is about gone. 20 miles north, the fields are all covered.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Currently getting hit with a mix if it hasn't changed over to snow already. Still expecting 6-8 inches of snow by the time it all ends tomorrow night.

I-70 is closed between Denver and KC already. Winds are pretty strong and conditions will be similar to last 2 storms. And the snow will be really wet and heavy so people will have a hard time shoveling their driveways and sidewalks.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It will likely start here about the time the above is being covered in snow . early hours of the morning it is suppose to begin here , not looking forward to this at all . 40 degrees and falling quickly now after that beatiful 50 degree day
This is a real pooper of a way to begin spring folks ,!! oh well same old weather song and dance!! With as much as nine or more inches of snow on the way , I wish I had a pass to take me the other way !!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

From reports I'm seeing our Northern winds are now having their nasty way down South.

I posted this earlier today
-19°C / -2.2F

Overcast

Feels Like : -27 / -16.6

Looks like we will be sharing our cold for awhile yet. We will thankfully be hitting 26.6F this afternoon (I hope).

Not sure if you folks look here http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105266&start=3340 it is a well known American weather site. I've posted almost daily there for 4 years now. I've just uploaded a number of pics, from a variety of sources including my facebook feed, that I can't upload here.

(Zone 7a)

4" of snow yesterday and it was mostly gone by afternoon. 23º last night and 36º now.

Mountain View, HI

No weather to report. Its kind of benign. Little or no wind, a few light showers, some high cloud which makes it dull at times and them some breaks with filtered sun. Temp ranges between 60 at night and 70 in the daytime. No complaints. Looks like this will go on for another week. Lots of good gardening weather.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Ah one of these months we will see birds using it again.

hmmmm pic of our backyard, my greenhouse and birdbath was uploaded however some gremlin made it disappear.

oh well......husband has cleared all the snow off the garage roof and tomorrow I'll join him so we can move it further away from the house.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 4:35 PM

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Currently around 30 degrees outside and the wind is howling. It's done snowing for the most part, just occasional bursts of flurries. We got about 6 inches overnight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I remeber when jokes like hat and these had been funny ,,,,lol
Winter is "snow joke" , ""snow fun" and "snow foolin" this year ,,,.hehe
Snow here now to begin round two of winter storm , 33 degrees and inhospitable ...

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

To make you, and me, feel better juhur7 here's a pic of one poor soul's house (he lives up North of me). Now they had very little snowfall this winter until recently.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/786/10575350/1/1/786?ref=ugc_homepage_thumbs This Canadian weather site is a sister site to The Weather Channel in the States.

yuck.......oh well warm temps are now in my short range forecast (praying they behave themselves and don't climb too high right away).

Wow!! That is alot of snow there.

Some severe storms went through the Orlando area yesterday afternoon as the cold front line went through. Lots of damage, big trees down and airplanes flipped, many still without power this morning. But they're still trying to determine if it was a tornado. My friend in Orlando that lost three big trees says it was and doesn't give a hoot what the weather people say.
March is our month for tornadoes in Central FL. We just got a lot of wicked lightning and gust of wind here at our house thank goodness, trimmed the dead branches out of the oaks.

Gonna drop down again a couple nights to low 40's, but no 30's in the report...so that is okay.

I enjoy the snow pictures you post Lilypon, reminds me of the year we lived in Maine when I was a kid. Dad was stationed their at Loring AFB. It snowed the whole 8 months we lived there, even in May.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh Sunkissed I laughed so hard I truly cried when I read that it snow there even in May!

Have I ever mentioned how much I hated the movie Groundhog Day?

Moose Jaw, SK

Current Weather 6:45 CST
A few clouds

-11°F

A few clouds

Feels Like : -11
Wind : SE 1 m/h

Humidity : 74%
Pressure : 1033 mb
Visibility : 9 miles

Sunrise : 6:53
Sunset : 19:23
Ceiling : unlimited

BTW a lot of Texas is showing freezing temps this am.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Alittle while ago this morning , it is still snowing , My home boy stump snow guage !

Thumbnail by juhur7

I must say I am jealous to some degree of all of the precipitation, but I'll take it as rain, not snow. When I was a kid growing up in PA, I was told that there are places where it never snowed. I didn't believe it. Now I live there.

Calling for a high of 77F today then will cool down a little. Tiny chance it will rain later in the week.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 6:51 AM PDT on March 25, 2013
55 °F
Clear
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 42 °F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.93 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 9.40 out of 12

Some hardy souls out in the cold ocean

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli . You mean you left our teens to twenty degree temperatures and 30 mph winds with snow for warm ocean breeze and views , With sunhine and places you can walk without sinking up to your knees in mud or snow, and no snow shovelng ...
My goodness ,,,What were you thinking!!!!! Cactus Gardening? Man I Wish!!!!!!!

I forgot to say I should not talk that way to anyone , so I will go away or drive on down the road and;;; ""Slush , now"" awhile ... lol

This message was edited Mar 25, 2013 11:09 AM

Actually, I didn't try to move out here but it was the only place that would give me a job offer after college. But cactus gardening, yeah, I have a bunch. Better get my buns out there and water them, too.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Maybe they should of named Canoga , Cactus Gulch park ,,,? Only that as conversation sounds"" kinda dry ''
yeah well , you know ,, I will drink my coffee and take my own advice and ""slush"" now..
That was kind of Bad ...
Caffeine !! ^_^

I don't need or want to know what anyone does for a living only after the last few years , and recent tales of cabin fever) sociology anxiety counselors are going to be everywhere !!!

This message was edited Mar 25, 2013 11:28 AM

This message was edited Mar 25, 2013 11:29 AM

Canoga Park was originally called Owensmouth. How's that for a strange name? Later it was named after Canoga, New York, and I have absolutely no idea why. But at least it sounds better than Owensmouth. My neighborhood can also be called West Hills, which I think is kind of blah, so I usually stick with Canoga Park.

Actually, cactus are not part of the natural flora in this immediate area. It has been my observation that cactus grow where there are two rain seasons, a winter and a summer. (That is the regime of the North American deserts.) In my area, we only have the winter rainy season, so cactus area naturally found only near the coast where summer fog fills in for summer rain. Canoga Park is too far inland to get summer fog. It appears that the original flora for the area was grassland with scattered trees.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2013 8:33 AM

Canoga Park probably looked something like this 175 years ago, though the land is flatter. It was flat enough to have been farmland at one time.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

The Places here are all named for Generals and forts ,, Colonial > I am jealous of your temps , and scenery , only you can keep the Earthquakes , We have had two of those here since your your last ""Big one"" though .

That almost looks like the san andreas fault line area to me .. Wild earth !!! Marsh through Prarrie and forest to the south , all was, here, back then ....

Definite dry gras savannah sitting upon fault line in that pic , looks comfy for a picnic ! Got me dreaming!!!!

Cold and wet still. Barely got above freezing and had flurries off and on all day. Sun tried to shine a few times but ultimately the clouds and snow won. Considering how bright the snow gets when the sun is out, I'll keep the clouds for now. lol.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

High today, 36º. Maybe spring will come!

Spring is supposed to be here by end of week. If not I'm going on strike!! lol

(Zone 7a)

54º today. Partly sunny, partly cloudy, windy all day.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I wouldn't get my hopes up re spring folks! We might have a little warm-up but a birdie told me we will be in for more surprises yet.

Our pics today.....shot about 5 miles outside of Moose Jaw. Downstream from here thank goodness but oh those poor people!

I'm thinking those that own the brick house are down in Arizona/Texas/Florida....what a nasty surprise they will have when they come home. :O

Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon Thumbnail by Lilypon
(Zone 7a)

It is only March. April and May always have surprises for us.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Current Weather 7:45 CST
A few clouds

-9°F

A few clouds

Feels Like : -18
Wind : SE 3 m/h

Humidity : 81%
Pressure : 1025 mb
Visibility : 9.9 miles

Sunrise : 6:51
Sunset : 19:25
Ceiling : unlimited

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

A met from North Dakota commented on my pics (uploaded at another site)

"I love your pictures. I am a meteorologist in Grand Forks ND and share your pain. Saskatchewan into parts of southwestern Manitoba and northern North Dakota have had heavy snow pack all winter and now into early spring. About the deer....story locally in western Minnesota of starving deer as well....eagles feeding on the dead ones. Local farmers are trying to bring some food to the large herd. This is near Rothsay MN southeast of Fargo."

Man, that is some snow, Lilypon!

Jur, you're too funny, love the snow gauge.

My Gosh Lily, that is something, but have to admit, very pretty.

47 sunny and quite breezy, up to 62, down to 41 tonight. Spring breakers are here and whining that too cold for the beach. ☺

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Glad you ladies enjoyed seeing them (must admit I'm not as pleased....I love the look but have been *admiring* it for way too long.

Those in the know in Texas are saying they will be getting another blast of cold from us in next week.

The newest write up from The Weather Network:

Record low temperatures in Saskatchewan Monday

Staff writers

March 26, 2013 — First heavy snow, now record cold temperatures. It's the winter that keeps on giving in parts of Saskatchewan.
Don't miss...

Alerts
Officials preparing for potential spring flooding in southern Saskatchewan
Deadly spring storm hits the Prairies

Nunavut enjoys record warmth for two days in a row

On Monday, several communities across southern and central Saskatchewan set new record low temperatures.

Places like Kindersley and Assiniboia saw temperatures dip close to -25°C, beating previous daily record lows set more than 15 years ago.

"Spring this year in Saskatchewan and Manitoba is like a car with a dead battery," tweeted The Weather Network's Chris Murphy early Tuesday. "It just won't seem to start."

Meanwhile, for the past two days, Resolute, Nunavut has reached new record warmth with temperatures hovering around -10°C.

"Only for three months, June to August, do average daytime highs usually climb above 0°C there," adds Murphy.

Volunteers needed for making sandbags

"A warming trend is on the way for the Prairies, with temperatures expected to rise later this week," says Gerald Cheng, a meteorologist at The Weather Network.

That's great news for those with Easter long weekend plans, but it also has flood forecasters on high alert.

With significant snowfall recorded this winter and warmer temperatures just around the corner, residents are taking action.

Over the weekend, thousands of people in Saskatchewan were busy shovelling snow away from the foundations of their homes.

Moose Jaw's emergency measures organization is also gathering a list of volunteers for making sandbags.

Co-ordinator Rod Montgomery says a volunteer list will help the city muster people if flooding occurs.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=Record_cold_in_Saskatchewan__record_warmth_in_Nunavut_26_03_2013?ref=ccbox_homepage_topstories

The *Groundhog Day* weather will not go away! :'(

This message was edited Mar 26, 2013 12:09 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

38 degrees
64% Humidity
Wind WNW 13 mph .
chill feels like 30 degrees
Dew Point 26
visibility 10 mi First sign of spring arrived with the snowstorm Robin ,,, fly by .. Thought I might tweet that at ya all".

Thumbnail by juhur7

35 and sunny all day. Lots of melting going on already which is great!!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Freezing fog here this am. Mother Nature making up for the Old Man's nastiness.

captured on my way to work

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lilypon;; Love the tree variety ,""Frost Ice"" did you develop those there for photo effect ? Pree --tty !!!!

Sunny, 40 Degrees today , Cold ,only nice spring day here . 50's and 60's are coming shortly , Bring it on!!!!!!

40s adn sunny today. Lots of melting going on. Should be all done this weekend just in time for the next round on Monday. Grrrr.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.