March in like lamb

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Oh let my postings cool you ladies off.....
btw my forecast is ever so slowly changing....to pure fungus that is. The Tex Met's forecast for here may have been correct but that model he used has been wrong all winter (figures it might be right with us).

Moose Jaw, SK

Current Weather 6:45 CST
A few clouds

-11°F

A few clouds

Feels Like : -26
Wind : W 7 m/h

Humidity : 77%
Pressure : 1029 mb
Visibility : 9.9 miles

Sunrise : 7:13
Sunset : 19:09
Ceiling : unlimited

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Kelli blow your heat this a-way (in return the cold seems to head to whomever warmed us up).

We will both benefit! ;^)))

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Read the last sentence..........look out below!

Alerts in effect for City of Regina
Snowfall Warning

Issued at 4:23 AM CST Saturday 16 March 2013
Details

A disturbance forecast to develop in the foothills of Montana tonight will track eastward into the Dakotas on Sunday. As the system advances eastward snow is expected to develop over Western Saskatchewan tonight and then intensify as it moves into Southeastern Saskatchewan on Sunday. Significant snowfall accumulations are likely with this disturbance with 15 to 25 cm possible over the southeastern corner of the province by late Sunday night. Elsewhere south of the Yellowhead Highway amounts of 5 to 15 cm are possible. In addition to the snow gusty northwesterly winds in the wake of the disturbance will create reduced visibilities in blowing and drifting snow. Winds are expected to increase over Southwestern Saskatchewan Sunday morning before moving into Southeastern Saskatchewan later in the day. Conditions throughout the region are expected to improve Sunday night as a cold Arctic ridge of high pressure pushes southward into the region.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Foggy this morning, which is unusual at our house. They're calling for a high of 81F today, then 79F tomorrow, then start cooling down. Could even rain next week. Hope, hope, hope!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rainy gray days three out of four days, is all we get this time of year , same today , rainstorms last night, rainy and gray today, HIGHS 40's Lows 20's and 30's.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Highs in low 40s and mostly cloudy with some strong winds. Snow on way tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

same as above for today .

Mountain View, HI

Two days of grey skies and no wind. Damp and almost raining. Still in the low 60's. Good for outdoor working. Weather should stay blah for the next few days, just nothing much happening.

Wind speed of 108 mph recorded at the summit of Mauna Kea this week from the jetstream. That's just over 12,000 ft. No wind at our level 2000 ft.

Just past the point where we have more daylight than dark so plants are showing signs of spring/summer growth.

Low 30s for high with snow, sleet and rain at different times today. Very dreary and cold. All moisture is welcome though. We need it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Strong SE wind here, 30º & snow on it's way. So the forecast says.

They have taken away all chance of rain this week. Calling for a high of 74F today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on March 18, 2013
57 °F
Haze
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 47 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the NNE
Pressure: 30.02 in (Rising)
Visibility: 4.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Pollen: 8.90 out of 12

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

it is blindingly BRIGHT out in our winter wonderland.....my, oh, my do we have the snowcover now! I haven't seen this much since I was a child.

Current Weather 12:45 CST
-14°C and :sun: :Partytime:

Partly cloudy

Feels Like : -17
Wind : S 5 km/h

Humidity : 62%
Pressure : 102 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 7:08
Sunset : 19:12
Ceiling : 25000 ft

This message was edited Mar 18, 2013 2:01 PM

Mid 50s today and windy. Sun finally came out late morning so it started warming up quickly after that. We were cheering it on since we were outside unloading trees and pallets of mulch and rock for customers. If we gotta be outside then we want it nice out. lol.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

The cooling station of North America has a gift for somebodies soooooooooooooooooooooon

Moose Jaw, SK

Current Weather 6:25 CST
A few clouds

-23°C/-9F

A few clouds

Feels Like : -34/-29
Wind : W 18 km/h

Humidity : 77%
Pressure : 102.8 kPa
Visibility : 16 km

Sunrise : 7:06
Sunset : 19:14
Ceiling : unlimited

Another spring like day in the tropics.

I'm going back to bed.

Wake me when it is summer please.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2013 6:50 AM

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It’s official — Regina, Saskatchewan sets new snowfall record

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/technology/official+Regina+sets+snowfall+record/8115110/story.html#ixzz2O0HWDzZv

This message was edited Mar 19, 2013 6:32 PM

We have 2 major stoms coming our way this week. Thurs and Fri we could see up to 5 inches of snow depending on how much rain we get. Then for hte weekend we have another snow storm coming in. Only good thing is I won't have to water the plants. lol

Today it was chilly and cloudy. Temps barely broke 40 before quickly falling back to upper 30s.

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

in the 70's here in my part of Texas...not usually this warm. Though we are expecting the "norms" later this week as a cold spell goes through, even talk of freezing temps in some areas. It's at that stage where "do I plant or wait?" with our weather! my allergies are acting up today as we have had a lot of wind!!
Hope everyone is doing well!! I have been diagnosed with low cortisol levels that has kept me ill since last year!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah, Happy first day of spring!!!
26 degrees , cold as ice , with a mild to strong wind 5-15 mph , some sun though .
all in all nice lousy weather !,, you all know the routine ..

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I started this thread, "March in Like A Lamb".
I hope that lamb is growing a thick coat of wool!
22º looking for below zero tomorrow morning.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

well the Texan met informed me "Maybe you'll have spring by the time summer starts, :cry: "
(he better be pulling my leg)

He put up my forecast again. http://home.comcast.net/~cgh57/moose2.gif

Old Man Winter has surely taken a liking to us this year. Oh and another :P Alberta Clipper is due to go through tonight bringing, yes you guessed it, MORE SNOW. btw no word of a lie they figure our snow piles (that the city has made from clearing our streets) *might* melt away by September.

:'(

At least your neighbors aren't outside blasting the stereo. Grrr.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Nope we don't have that problem here.......I haven't heard peep from them in 6 months and it will prolly be 2 more months before we hear one.

Husband just came home.....he drove from Regina. He said it is about 1,000 times nastier out in the country.

38 now and sunny. Will get down to 20s tonite. Tomorrow we have some snow coming in and for the weekend we have a rain/snow mix coming in. Gonna be nasty.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bb9f0lo6I

I just uploaded this video. Husband shot it this afternoon. Clipper hadn't arrived yet, winds are from the South.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

All highways have been closed down around Moose Jaw. Clipper hasn't arrived yet but boy did we have nasty winds last night. Wind speeds were clocked at 56 mph. We are now expected to be in the eye of the blizzard later today.

When husband shot the video I posted above we were getting winds from the South. He said that one bit of highway he felt safe using the camera. After that the winds picked up and there were icy sections. Today it is a skating rink out there and to top it off we also got a system from Montana last night that brought rain to some areas.

If our Northern winds push back to what we received from the South yesterday there is going to be some really nasty weather on the United States side of the border later today and tomorrow (and I'm betting the cold will reach far).

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow Lily, that is something to see, the winds look so strong and yet all the trucks and cars driving like it is nothing at all. Great share.

Our first day of spring brought us some nice thunderstorms, been awhile since I've heard good thunder. The hubs just finished some new gutters and put in a rain barrel. My barrel is now 2/3 full of some good rain water. Our drought season will be coming as soon as Lily stops sending us these cold weather fronts.

They say up to 70 today, but doubt it since temps have dropped since we got up. Predict 46 tonight as the low.

(Zone 7a)

That's quite the video. Thanks for sharing it.

Snowing here. Not much and it won't stick or stay. 35º...what happened to the 72º we had last week???

Monte has it right. Go back to sleep and wait for the REAL Spring.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

31 for high 28 now. Had a dusting of flurries this afternoon and we have chances of snow all thru Weds next week. Sat we can expect anywhere from 3-6 inches of snow. I'm loving the moisture but I am now tired of winter and would like my spring to arrive. lol

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It's 20º! Almost a heat wave.
Sun is strong enough to melt things even with temps not getting above freezing.

They're calling for a high of 79°F tomorrow. I put my winter pajamas away until November. I think the rain is done for the year, too.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

45° this morn, should get up to 76 today and partly sunny, but strong storms all weekend, starting tonight, as another cold front comes down...but should be up to 80's on Sat. and Sun...then cool again next week. More rain is always welcomed here. I'm wearing my winter PJ's this morning and feet in fuzzy socks. ☺

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Snow has fallen, snow is currently falling, snow is forecasted to fall.

We now hear adverts on the radio sponsored by Mrs. Winter informing us that it is all the Old Man's fault, she has nothing to do with it.

We had a Via Passenger train, from Vancouver, stuck and buried somewhere out on the plains of Saskatchewan for 25 hours but it is now on its way to Toronto. Something that the passengers will be telling their grandchildren about I'm sure.

Saskatchewan, North Dakota and Manitoba are going to have some pretty bad flooding (unless we head straight into the winter of 2013/14 which wouldn't surprise many here).

This message was edited Mar 22, 2013 5:58 PM

Had some snow this morning but since then it has been cloudy. More snow on the way tomorrow. We are currently under a winter weather watch and MODOT has issued a travel advisory for the weekend saying stay off the roads. Temp is currently 34. Expecting 4-8 inches or could see a foot. Depends on who you listen to. lol

O.K. Sometimes I'm just evil. ;-)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 4:51 PM PDT on March 22, 2013
82 °F
Clear
Humidity: 5%
Dew Point: 5 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 29 mph
Pressure: 29.78 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Pollen: 9.40 out of 12

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yer getting a frozen evil eye Kelli!

Sending this your way! http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/10556680/1/cask0210/plpcities/786/ Shot in a little town close to Moose Jaw.

What the country looks like now.

*sigh*

edited to say normally the snow would be melted or close to being gone by now.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2013 8:06 PM

Frozen evil eye from me too!! lol.

Normally this time of year we are dealing with rain instead of snow and spring bulbs are blooming.

I get my bad weather in the summer when it gets so hot and doesn't seem like it will ever end.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Our yard today....we are in a protected area of town. The worst of the storms skirt us. I have never seen this much snow in this yard.

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

by now we should be seeing grass (early spring brown but we should be seeing that at least).

due to mid winter melts we have had about 2 1/2 feet melt away.

First snow fell in October.

This winter just has to end........doesn't it??????

:'(

This message was edited Mar 23, 2013 11:26 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

In the 40's now Winter storm warning the next two days , 5 to 9 inches of snow expected tomorrow , more follwing ..

Sunshine and beautiful today ,, go figure ? grrrrrr I got the blues ♫♪♪ i got the blues ♫♪♪ I got the dragging on ♫♪♪ old fahioned ♫♪♪ winter ♫♪♪, winter ♫♪♪ time ♫♪♪ blues♫♪♪

This message was edited Mar 23, 2013 1:31 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.