CLOSED: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Jan, that's so difficult for all of you. Know that I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. I know it can seem like that's not doing a lot, but there really is a lot of power in prayer. Sending a big hug your way!
Michelle

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Her Daughter just asked my husband and I to move into her mother home. We live in a small house about a block away that is very comfortable but very small. She said she didn't want to ask anyone else as she know how well we take care of things and she doesn't want to sell so I know that this will make My friend so happy to know that we will be taking care of her home like it were our own. We are honored and it is still on the back burner.
A lot to work though here.
I am so confused.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jan, just to cover your behind, you need to have Linda and her Sister or who ever is power of attorney to sign an agreement to that affect. If her Sister has power of attorney sometimes things can get nasty, so you need to get some sort of agreement in writing.
I have seen things like this go really wrong, just because friends were willing to help out.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Lindas daughter has the power of Attorney and also total control over all of her belongings,everything. All I can say is that this way I can hopefully keep it together for Lindas sake. Still on the back burner and nothing is set in stone yet.
It is Linda's daughter that wants us to move in to the house but this does entail a lot of work. Just not sure where this will end up but will keep you all informed.
Going to see Linda today. Not going to mention any of this as I don't want to upset her other then to let her know her dogs will be cared for. That is her biggest concern.

Give her hugs from us please?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Jan are you renting where you live? and does that mean giving up YOUR home and house hunting again when there need for you needs? There are a lot of unanswered questions.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, we are renting and all of the details of which there are a lot to discuss and get in writing before we say absolutely to anything. Linda has belongings to the max that needs to be gone through and I am sure that Michele is going to want me to help with that and that is only the beginning.
I am not going to jump into anything until its all clear in all our minds.

Good idea Jan.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I have learned something in my 60 some years.,

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Love that picture of you Jan!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

got the package Michelle ♥♥♥ it is fantastic!!

Michelle sent a beautiful crocheted hot pad..I will take a picture and send in the next post (have to use my phone, camera is in hiding )

hopefully I will be able to find the thread from my phone...LOL

Two pics, two sides, both beautiful♥♥♥

Thumbnail by barefootT Thumbnail by barefootT

Thunder, that is beautiful! Nice job Michelle!

Too cute! Who'da thunk you could crochet a heart hot pad!!

yea it is wonderful ^_^

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

GardenQuail, I recieved your card today and took it over to Linda. She was sleeping so I didn't get a chance to see her open it. I will let you know tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your kindness everyone.

Hi, all.
Glad to hear both envelopes were received :)
Thunder, the hot pad is one of a kind... I found a pattern on the web for the hearts, but didn't quite like how they did parts of them, so redesigned them a bit. Then I made up my own pattern for the hot pad. I wrote the pattern down, but unfortunately, my computer garbled the file. So, now, it's a one-of-a-kind hot pad! I'm glad you like it :)
Michelle

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Just a quick update. Linda is deteriorating and isn't expected to last through the week. I just wanted to thank you all for all the kind cards and gifts and thoughts you sent to her. They meant a lot to her and so very much to me. I think I probably gave her my last hug last night. She is is a care facility and they only allowed me in as we were like sisters. I was able to make her smile and open her eyes a little and to reassure her that all her loved ones that have gone on before her are planning a grand celebration and are there to welcome her home with open arms. I told her I would take good care of her fluffy babies and keep her daughter in line. That made her smile and said thank you and I love you and closed her eyes. I kissed her goodbye then came home and cried
Hugs to you all.

Oh Jan, I'm sending you hugs. It's hard to say goodbye and as you said she has family & loved ones waiting for her on the other side.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, I kind of feel like Sally Field in Steel Magnolias when she said I may be selfish but I would rather have her here with me but I know she will be with out pain and she will always be beautiful.

Sorry to hear that Jan! I agree, it is never easy to say good bye! Sending lots of prayers!

So so sorry to hear the news, sending you lots of hugs..

Jan, I will keep you all in my prayers.
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jan,
I am so sorry to hear about Linda not doing well. Praying for Linda and her family.
Patti

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Aw Jan. Losing someone is so very hard. After my sister died and then my mom, I promised myself to appreciate and enjoy every day, not just for myself but for them. They aren't here to see the sun rise or hear the birds sing or a million other things the we so often take for granted, but I am. I whisper to mom, 'Wow! Look at that sunrise!'. Or I tell my sister how beautiful her grandchildren are. It helps me to to appreciate all the wonderful things that I see or experience every day. Of course, there are times when I don't appreciate certain things. However, I am still here to be aggravated or ill or angry. Life is hard. But it is still pretty darn good. Remember the happier times with your dear friend and be thankful for them.

Hugs Jan...many many hugs ♥♥♥

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you all so much as of 6:00 she is still hanging on. The Hospice nurses don't see it lasting much longer. I am just so glad that I was able to hug her and tell her I loved her and thanked her for always being there for me and whether she heard me or not I feel good knowing that I was at least able to say that last good bye.
Its the sudden deaths and accidents that really take a toll on family as you haven't had the opportunity to say good bye.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jan, She heard every word you said. As you know a touch can say volumes. She knows you love her. That can never be replace or taken from either one of you.
You have been truly blessed to have each other. You both are my prayers.
Patti

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

This is her home that we will be moving into in May, well we will begin as of now but be fully in by the beginning of May
and this is the home that we live in now. We will be staying in it for at least 5 years then possibly moving to San Antonio if
my daughter has anything to say about it. They were looking forward to it being sooner but time changes everything.
It is a wonderful home I just wish I could have spent time in it together.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader Thumbnail by Gourdbeader

Who owns the old car peeking out? What is it?
Love both of the homes! What part of San Antonio does your daughter live in?

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I forgot about that. That was my husbands old Ranchero. He sold that a few years ago. This is an old pic

Do you know what year it is? Hubby has a 64 ranchero. Among all the other hot rods!

Jan, I read on Facebook that Linda passed away, and just want to send my condolences to you and the family!

Jan,,, so very sorry for the loss of your friend.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Jan,
I am sorry to hear of your dear friend passing. Your both are in my thought and prayers.
Hugs
Patti

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Taters, Gregs was a '64 too. He got it from our son in law in San Antonio,Texas about 12 years ago at least. We sold it in August 2011.

Jan,
Sending many comforting hugs your way. Would have posted sooner, but I've been transitioning from one computer to another, so just saw the news.
Michelle

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, the bottom drops out. My husbands 39 year old son died of a massive heart attack last night. They have been sort of estranged for a few years but never the less he was still his son and he feel so guilty for not being there for him all the time. His son sort of went his own way no mater how we tried to bring him into the family he sort of got mixed up with the wrong crowds.
But now that he is gone, we can't even say goodbye or tell him how much he was loved. I hope that God lets him know that he was always in our hearts and in our thoughts.
This year has got to start getting better.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Oh, Jan. So sorry about your stepson. You know, you can only do so much and try to keep good relations with your children, or any one else for that matter. The other person has some responsibility in a relationship, whether it works or not, whether they respond with positive or negative reactions. And, sometimes for reasons that we can't understand they choose to go their own way. Hopefully your husband has someone he can talk to, to try to dispel some of the guilt he will have. A parent can only do the best they can.

Sending you and hubby lots of hugs ans prayers Jan, it is never easy losing a child.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.