CLOSED: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Had a wonderful day with Kris. We almost shopped til we dropped. Took pic of her swap box. Me of bad memory forgot who it was... maybe DeeJay???? correct me if I am wrong. I am sure Kris will follow up with a description in more detail

Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I got my swap package from Kris today when we met for a girls day out. It was a wonderful and thoughtful box.
A 'Love' heart plaque, which I immediately hung on the titchen wall so I could see and enjoy it.
A valentine mug with an assortment of herbal teas
A beautiful sweet card
A pair of valentine socks, which I immediately put on and have enjoyed wearing all day
AND a pottery fairy house, handmade by Elfie!! It is so cute and so thoughtful and I shall think of her every time I see it. I plan to nestle it among the daffodils and hope a fairy will come to live in it very soon!!
Thanks so much for the box of valentine gifts, and a grand day together!

Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL Jan, I realized AFTER I had it all packed up that I had not sent an explaination. Thunder is right, you hammer in a length of 1/2 inch rebar, or doweling, or copper tube into the ground and then set the cup on them. I like to group them in 3 of different heights and use them as garden art,. You can fill them with bird seed or not. Some people glue/secure a spoon across the saucer to provide a perch for the perching kinds of birds.

Yes, I made the carmels and the toffee. I made myself sick eating them, why shouldn't you??? LOL. I don't eat much fat usually and let's face it, what is a carmel or toffee but sugar and butter!!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Oh, what lovely presents everyone received today :) And those toffees and caramels sound wonderful!
I'll see if I can have my husband take a picture for me and help me post it so you all can see what Shirley sent me.
Michelle

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

OMG each one of those post of pressies are really nice and so different. Love the pics and really great presents...wow

Ohhh,, such a wonderful day we had yesterday. The best Valentines Day ever. We started out sorting seeds and taking pictures of all the great gifts I recieved, then Crystal and I headed to Lowes and shopped the clearance racks. Then to Home Depot where we found only the lonely bunch of onions. After that we headed to the thrift stores where we scored some amazing stuff. Then lunch at olive garden, then more shopping. Whew. I was so tired when I got to my Grandsons house and then had to take him out to dinner for his birthday. By the time we got home, i just crashed for the night. Had a great day and was so happy with all my gifts and very happy that Crystal liked everything I made for her!

Thanks again Rose for the beautiful wreath and also the towel which will remind me of you every year as I use them both.

Saginaw, MI

What great fun you two had!! IT is nice to be able to share "the small things" that mean so much with someone and just have fun!!

Looks like we all have been receiving some really great valentine boxes also!! This has been so much fun sending out boxes and waiting to see the great variety of things we all received!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh My God, the caramels are so dang yummy, I woke up in the middle of the night wanting some. My husband loves the toffee and I am on a chocolate overload. I am going to not eat any more for at least a week if not two. I need the recipe for the caramels and toffee though. hehehe Thank you so much and now I understand about the glue problem. hehehe I will go get some copper tubing as dowels here in Oregon get way to wet. Love the adorable apron and Linda says thank you for the cookies. She said to me, do you know who made these and I said yes she made me some yummy caramels and toffee and she said,hehehe, and I got cookies? she was laughing so I will take her some of mine to taste. hehehe
Thank you all.
Linda is back home and after another transfusion and a few other procedures she is feeling much better. Thank you all for you generosity and kindness.

uh oh... you spilled the beans Jan!!! told her about your candy when "all she got was cookies!!" NOW ya gotta share, serves you right!! But hey, those are WORLD famous cookies!! (OK, maybe not world famous but anyone who has ever had my sugar cookies begs for more)

I'll post the carmel and toffee recipes later today, headed out for my DAY OFF!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Heheh, actually she is diabetic but she cheats and no one can stop her. NO ONE>

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I think I am almost in heaven!!!! just got home from work and opened my box......who told Michelle I love shortbread cookies???? and they are home made !! HOMEMADE shortbread cookies ^_^ and......home made chocolate dipped apricots.....have to post a few photos to show how yummy they are..

THANK YOU Michelle.

I finished the 2nd half of my gift, it will get mailed Monday, my next day off.

pics will be a separate post, I took them with my phone....can't find the camera....it is probably buried in fabric in the sewing room :)

Here you are...mmmmm cookies.... LOL

Thumbnail by barefootT Thumbnail by barefootT Thumbnail by barefootT

Is that wild green & pink tree print Christmas fabric?? I LIKE!!

Yummy treat and so much self control... you took pictures BEFORE they were gone!

Christmas table cloth....you weren't supposed to notice.....I have not gotten around to changing it.....I really like this one, got it a few years ago at wal mart. wish I could find it in fabric... I think it is bright and cheery !!

I keep telling myself I should design an applique Christmas quilt based on the designs.....

OHHhhhhhh that's right!! I have seen this print, it's a vinyl, fabric backed right?? I LOVE it and everytime I see it am disappointed that it is not fabric!!! LOL

YUP.....

Hi, all.
Yay! Thunder received her box! Was hoping it would really arrive on Friday :)
Glad you are enjoying the goodies :) By the way, the nuts sprinkled on the chocolate dipped apricots are pistachios.
By the way, Monday is a holiday... President's Day, so the post office will be closed.
Michelle

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks so much for posting all the pictures of your wonderful presents. I have enjoyed looking at all of them, and think that we are indeed lucky to have found such wonderful sharing and talented online friends. I may never meet you all face to face, but feel that I "know" you through our swaps.

Love this swap!!! Love the friendship and sharing here.

Thanks so much Susie.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

All I can say is that I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful family of friends. Love you all

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I had a wonderful time in this Valentine exchange . I am truly blessed to received such wonderful gifts. Thank you.
Patti

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Did you all notice how many replies we got on this thread, and the one before. Woo Hoo, we rocked the boat. Thank you all.,
Lets see, whats the next holiday, Easter or the 4fh of July. I'll let someone else host that but I'll be there,

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Great swap everyone. It was great fun at a kind of dull time of year for me.

Actually there is an Easter/ St Patrick's day exchange being organized now.

edited to include link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298190/

This message was edited Feb 17, 2013 2:15 AM

Linda called to ask me to post that her box arrived today. She is still in San Antonio babysitter. So she will post her pictures on Tuesday when she gets home. She said to thank Morknotmindy for the great box. Her hobby opened it and told her everything in it.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Is that her hobby or her hubby, heheheh. I guess it could be both. hehehe

LOL LOL thats funny Jan ^_^ and Heavenscape / Jaye ALWAYS does a red white and blue swap, I forget if it is around end of May?? memorial day? or closer to July 4th....watch for it.

Hubby,,, stupid phone.

LOL... gotta love auto fill. I imagine there is a way to shut the auto fill off. It messes with messages sometimes and is VERY stubborn / It will "correct" something over and over again when I NEED it to my way!!

I just had a couple of apricots....MMMMMMM good. ^_^ thank you again Michelle.

Hi, all.
Here's a picture of my gifts from Shirley. The Valentine's bear even has a heart-shaped nose. The garden stone and the caterpillar were in the middle box. The left and right boxes contain bulbs, one of which is sitting on top of each box. And most of the goodies, although some disappeared before the photo was taken. Hmm... maybe that's why the bear's hands were tied together when he arrived. :)
Michelle

Thumbnail by GardenQuail
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

How funny! Tied hands!

Love the monkey!!! Very nice box of gifts.

This has been such a great swap!! Thanks Jan for hosting this.

wonderful goodies!!!

Mittsy, part two ships out today. sure hope you find it worth the wait. ♥♥♥ and Enjoy !!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

We have a few swaps open, come and check them out.

6th Annual 3 B-House Swap
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298478/

2013 "EASTER PARADE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1298190/

:) I decided it was to keep him from eating all the goodies before they arrived! LOL :)
Michelle

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

My second box arrived from Thunder. Thank you so much, Thunder, well worth waiting for! I just love the tote and pincushion/needle holder. I know how much you all love pictures so I charged the camera and took pictures first thing this morning. Both items, tote front, tote back. inside showing pockets, and cushion. I remember that boot fabric from a cowboy quilt we made for the babies. I really needed another pincushion to use just for needles as my needle supply has been dwindling and good ones are quite expensive. Now that I have a place for them, I will be better able to keep better track of them. As always you are all the best and I feel so privileged to have such a wonderful group of online friends. Many thanks to our hostess Jan for organizing another wonderful holiday swap. I'm sure we are all continuing to pray for Linda.

Where are the pictures Mittsy?

Speaking of pictures, this is what I got from Gloria/Mork. I love all you sent it is so pretty, and yes I loce chocolate.

First she made this beautiful wall hanging, she called it cactus flower! Isn't it beautiful! Then she made the mug rug to go with it. She sent a coffee cup covered in hearts with teddy bear, a box of hot chocolate, and some chocolate kisses.
Gloria, you mentioned in the card the Arizona cup? It was not in the box. The box arrived pretty smashed, and it was re taped by the post office. Sorry if the Arizona cup is missing. I would really like to see what it looked like, as you said you painted it. Do you have a picture of it?

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

This is what the box looks like.

Thumbnail by taters55

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.