CLOSED: HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292560/

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

OK. Hope to get my valentine out this evening.

Thanks for the new page. I solved most of my issues with my swap gift. Hope to be Ble to get back to the kiln on Monday.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I have adhesive and I'm having to do it in 2 stages...

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

What the heck are you gluing, You are driving me crazy just trying to figure it out. LOL

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Valentine is on it's way. Will get there Thursday. Whew!

After a 13 hour day at work AND I'm on-call. I am ticked off that I started on this project in PLENTY of time to finish with DAYS to spare. Now I'm not even going to get it out tomorrow from the looks of it. I want to make sure the glue CURES before mailed or I'm afraid the project will fail.

My poor Sweetie, I asked him if he mailed out his daughter's Get well card and Grandson's birthday card which he PROMISED me he would do... heck no... he thought I'd do it since I always do all the mailing!!! GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Perfect storm, I'm tired, hungry and just plain CRANKY!!! See? I feel better already! LOL I'm praying I will NOT get called out tonight.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Gloria, could you please post a picture of what I made for you? I only have a picture of the coaster as I didn't want to wait for the camera to charge. I've seen pictures of your wonderful studio so i know you have photo capability. Thanks, Mittsy

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

My dear friend posted this on FB this morning at 1am I just read it and it said 5 hrs ago.

Linda Johnson:
I felt the best today than I have for 3 years, guess the blood transfusion helped. Don't know yet if the new chemo is killing the cancer in my lymph nodes or net. Guess we'll see

by my calculations that meant she was up at 1am this morning. Hum.... not sure that is such a good thing. hheheh

When I spoke with her today, she did sound wonderful but that in itself scares me a bit too. I hope she didn't overdo it yesterday. She felt so good she was going to go up to her daughter scrapbooking shop and help her price some stuff.
I had Physical Therapy yesterday and it was wonderful. I got the best neck and back message that I have had in a long time. Not to mention that my therapist looked like the fellow on gator hunters that him and his son are Cajun and he has a long pony tail. The guy on tv not my therapist. Anyway's it was great, I could barely drive home I was so relaxed. eheheh

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Pat, please don't stress about my package, really. I know it will get her when it does. Thank God we are back East. Brrrr.....
I do hope that all of you that are back there and are able to get online are safe and sound and staying inside where hopefully you have heat and electricty and are warm. I don't envy you at all. Please be safe. Hugs and Blessing sent your way.

Thanks Jan, it's just frustrating and I appreciate your patience. It's one thing when I procrastinate but when I really did get on it, that peeves me! I'm in a slightly better mood this morning. LOTS to do before we hit the road to take care of a dinner we are hosting at my sisters.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jan, glad to hear the good report from your friend Linda! Sounds like she is finally having a good day! Still sending prayers for her.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

mittsy, yes I will take photos. This is one of those times that the hurrier I go the behinder I get...... I'm staying at the studio for a few days as I'm trying to get several things done. Had 3 1/2 " of snow this morning so am enjoying a pot of tea, chocolate and sewing like mad.... Had to come over to the big house to get my new kitten and let him play in the snow for a while so I'm at the computer for a few minutes.
Jan, so glad your friend is feeling better.

Thanks Gloria. Wonderful news that Linda felt better.

I received my box from Thunder today. Thank you so much, I love everything. Will post pictures soon.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow. Got there fast Mittsy! ! Something else coming as soon as sciatica will let me do a little more sewing. I have Mon.off, hoping to get it completed then.

Pictures 1. everything that was in the box. 2. Hug Snack Mat Front and 3. Back. 4. Handcrafted card, Here's what Thunder wrote on the card "I am sure you have heard of a snack-mat? or maybe a mug rug. Well... how about a hug-rug!! a heart for your snack & your drink. I hope you have a spot to place it, and that you can think of me, and all of our DG friends whenever you use it." < I have placed it right next to the sewing machine and will use it every day. I just love it. > She (Thunder) continues This is part one of your Valentine gift. Another piece will follow. I know you like to recycle--- the heart is made completely of scraps (including pieces of batting inside) Little glass box (candleholder) was purchased at the Habitat store. Card is scraps too!!. Lots of Hugs today and always. Thunder.

5.pink socks, Know you wish these were yours, Pat. We all know each other so well! I just love everything and I haven't even gotten to the chocolate, yet. Thank you so much!

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

6. Stiky notes, very handy! 7. Glass candleholder and wonderful fragrant candle. Thank you for supporting Habitat for Humanity, you know I love that organization.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2013 7:11 AM

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

8. Reeses pieces, white, dark, and milk chocolate. If you look carefully at the last picture you'll see I filled my Habitat for Humanity mug with the dark chocolate kisses, I will ration myself to one a day.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Nice gifts!!!

Dont ya just think that card is sewwww cute...saw a similar one, but it was done with paper cutouts.....sew I thought ....why not fabric.
I made a few of them, they were very much fun to do.!!!

I like your Habitat mug !! I wonder if ours ever do then?? will have to ask about it. Our store is not to far away, we usually go every week. I have some very nice lighting in my house thanks to them. and some wonderful art work, get very good picture frames there. and at Christmas time ...well for a while before Christmas, I got some wonderful stuffed critters, I sent to my Christmas swap buddy , she gives them out to children in her area. Yup we love our Habitat store. donate items to them also..

Mittsy, I forgot to add to that note, that I think every one should have at least few pairs of "fun" socks. got two of those in a set, I am sending the other one to my Momma !!! ^_^

If my feet and ankles were agreeable I'd have LOTS of fun socks!!! alas, my feet are sensitive and ankles too big.

Some wonderful gifts and YES, pink & black, surely you made a mistake and you MEANT to mail to me??? hehehe

Love you all!

Saginaw, MI

See all the wonderful packages are still arriving to everyone!! Mine is supposed to arrive at it's destination tomorrow!! We shall see!! Hopefully it will!!!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Well, still busily working on my goodies for my swap buddy. Looks like I'll need to mail it out Tuesday morning... Sorry buddy for the delay...
Jan, thanks for the new page!
Michelle

Good morning all. I am enjoying my snack mat and my coffee.

Saginaw, MI

Someone should watch their mailbox today!! My valentine package is supposed to be delivered today!!

Actually, I have to pick mine up at the post office. My driveway is too muddy for the mail lady to make it up the hill...lol.

I picked up my box from the post office. It had the nicest door wreath. Handmade with lights, hearts and more. Also received a kitchen towel, card, and a handmade shell picture frame for my beach house Themed cabin. I love everything and will get pictures as soon as I can. Uploading is hard for me from my phone and my camera is dead.

Thanks so much Rose. I love everything and will treasure the things you made for me.

With all the swaps lately, my house will be full of love from all my friends here at DG. So thanks to everyone. You are all truly my family of the heart!!!!!

This message was edited Feb 12, 2013 1:13 AM

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Wow! sounds great. Kris, If you know how to do it, you can put your phone pics on my computer and send them when you come Thursday ,My connection is not the fastest but if you are patient you can get it done..

That would be great Crystal. We can do that before we go to lunch and shopping!!! Or when we get back,,,, since we are both excited to go shopping.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I am so glad you like everything Kris . You ae very welcome.
Patti

I received a wonderful gifts from Happygarden today. I wish I could post the pictures ,but with our new computer I just got . I can't find them . I will have to get my husband to help me later in the week I will post all the pictures I took.
I received a real cute card 3 d paper heart card. Heart shape cake pan with brownies. Which we all love eating . They were so yummy. Chocolate hersey candy bar with a personal type wrapper . I also received a metal dye stamp kit. I can now make my own plants tags,or even name tag for my pets. Which is a real great idea for a gift. A pack of cupid tomatoe seeds. I wish I could share pictures now,but my computer skills are limited. Thank God my husband is awesome at computers. I promise to post the pictures later this week. I really appreciate your time and effort you put into my gift.
Thank you so very much for the wonderful gift Joyce/ happygarden
Hugs
Patti

Jan, the universe is conspiring against me! I broke a headlight so my husband swapped me cars, taking MY car and the package with him! Leaving me the truck I do NOT drive, it's stick and VERY grumpy! So tomorrow, I will have MY car, with the package, money in the wallet and then go to post office,. I was so excited to see you live in Oregon and I thought you'd get it by the 14th... By the time he had swapped me back, the Post Office was closed. TOMORROW!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Well my package arrived at my buddies according to the post office for sure on Saturday, they said out for delivery on Friday and then said delivered on Saturday No word from my buddy on the package ;( I just hope everything arrived ok and that she liked it.

according to the post master in my neighborhood PO....delivery confirmation .....is only to nearest "major" facility...not to actual address !!!! I got him to write me a statement at one time because I had placed a good sized fabric order, and did not receive it...the company said I did....I was out a good chunk of $$$, co. said they had delivery confirmation, and I should speak to my post office. well I did just that, and that is what I was told......

for me that would mean delivery confirmed to Orlando...thats quite a few miles away, and a bunch of little postal offices in between.....the company eventually gave me a refund. :) I stopped using delivery confirmation. If I am concerned about something I send it, Signature required.

Sooooo what I am getting at, is it may have been delivered to large postal center, and still needs time to get to actual destination!!!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I posted on 2/11/13.
I received a wonderful gifts from Happygarden today. I wish I could post the pictures ,but with our new computer I just got . I can't find them . I will have to get my husband to help me later in the week I will post all the pictures I took.
I received a real cute card 3 d paper heart card. Heart shape cake pan with brownies. Which we all love eating . They were so yummy. Chocolate Hersey candy bar with a personal type wrapper, and a calender. I also received a metal dye stamp kit. I can now make my own plants tags,or even name tag for my pets. Which is a real great idea for a gift. A pack of cupid tomatoe seeds. I wish I could share pictures now,but my computer skills are limited. Thank God my husband is awesome at computers. I promise to post the pictures later this week. I really appreciate your time and effort you put into my gift.
Thank you so very much for the wonderful gift Joyce/ happygarden
Hugs
Patti
PS: My husband helped me find the pictures.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2013 7:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 12, 2013 7:44 PM

Thumbnail by rose318 Thumbnail by rose318

I am too jealous of the heart brownish... Whaaaaaaaaa. I want chocolate..

Nope got to stay away. LOL

Oh I am so relieved you got the package, I was really afraid it was floating around the US...rofl.... Gosh hope the brownies weren't too dried out. ...I didn't think about making my dog tags! One thing is for sure those tags will not fade or break! See how single minded I am about plants..rofl. Enjoy kiddo. I had fun getting the stuff for you.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The brownies are awesome. I can engrave anything with these metal stamp. I can even add ink to them . There are many things I can create with them. Thank you. ;o)
Patti

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I just want thank you again Jan for Valentine exchange. It was really fun. I am very thankful for sharing Valentine with you ladies ,and the beautiful gift of friendship.
Patti

Did i get the metal tags in the box?

My box went out with confirmation notice, PO says it should arrive on 14th. THAT is cutting it WAY too close for my normal life!!

I had all kinds of stuff to mail out today, errands on my lunch. I caulked the studio before work this morning. I'll be glad when we're done and I can roll over and get back to sleep before the 6:30 alarm. NOW... I wake up, think of all the things I need to do and I'm skinning into my paint clothes and I'm working in the studio!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.