CLOSED: DJ'S 2 ND TIME AROUND SEED ROBIN PT 2

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ROBIN #2 HAS BEEN FILLED SO NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO THROUGH ANYONES WISH LIST OR HAVES
& POST THEM HERE .
THEN YOU CAN FIGURE WHO YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SEND TO RATHER THEN IN THE ROBIN .

YOU ALL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO UPDATE YOUR HAVES OR WANTS
HAVE'S & WISHES :3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282506/

THIS WILL BE THE FLIGHT PATH UNLESS SOMEONE DROPS OUT
DEEJAY9----------LEFT THE NEST APRIL 1ST 2013
OBLIQUA--PA----LANDED APRIL 3RD----
PFG--NY
GARDENSEEDER63--NH
CZIMMERMAN00--KY
AMANDAESQ--NC
LEGALLYHEIDI---GA
SHAUNA1219--FL
CHEERMOM---AZ
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN--CA
RISINGCREEK--CA
PATTI1957--OR
WWKATHY--CO
BIRDIE17--MO
MINNESIPPI--ME
SBISH5--MI
HOME TO DEEJAY--MI

ARRIVE BACK HOME GUESSES

RISINGCREEK---------------JUNE 10 TH
CHEERMOM-----------------JUNE 14 TH
PFG- ------------------------ JUNE 15TH
PATTI1957----------------- JUNE 18 TH
SHAUNA1219----------------JUNE19 TH
WWKATHY-------------------JUNE 21 ST
AMANDAESQ---------------JUNE 28 TH
LEGALLYHEIDI-------------JULY 9 TH
CZIMMERMAN00-----------JULY 20 TH
GARDENSEEDER63- JULY 11 TH
------------------------------------------------
OBLIQUA-
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN-
BIRDIE17-
MINNESIPPI-
SBISH5--MI

This message was edited Apr 2, 2013 7:45 AM

This message was edited Apr 2, 2013 11:11 AM

This message was edited Apr 2, 2013 3:52 PM

This message was edited Apr 3, 2013 6:43 AM

This message was edited Apr 4, 2013 5:58 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

Please I Hope that some of you who have JOINED IN MY ROBIN Won't get up-set But If you have seeds from Any of the GIVE Away SEEDS For New Bee's Please You are welcome to share with other PRIVATE Trades If you want But I Would rather you not share them here .

You May think I'm Being A Prude or what ever But I Have always Shared FRESHED SEEDS From my Gardens OR New Commercial Seeds I Have Boughten & I Would Just Like the same from our players
I have said that if you do not have ALLOT of seeds to share this is fine as long as you take what you can use & Not TAKE From my Robins to trade with Or Share with others for more seeds , That is not fair to other's here in this robin .

I Put allot of time & Money into sharing with the rest of you & I Hope to always run a Honest Robin.
I'm not pointing fingers or saying that anyone has done this . or will do this .
I have asked that you Put your names & any info you might have along with the name of the seeds & If from your garden or comercial or from trade .

going to put this over on the new thread also . if you want to know why I Do not want those seeds in my robin dmail me .

This message was edited Jan 10, 2013 9:35 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hey dj is #8 still open? lol.

As of right now was trying to get someone between GA & Tx but but might not happen but i can put you in as #13 if thats ok :))) LMK

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Great!!! Thanks!

ok Guess we have our 15 players so if you fine anything on any players have list you may ask for them .
I have posted a message in Post #9378965 i don't want to cause any hard feelings .

well i have to call it a day ya all have a great eve .

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

does any one have cleome 'rose queen' ? Saw it in a garden gate magazine and wanted to try it. :)

Erin

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Susie... I completely understand that it isn't fair to take seeds from the robin to use for trade, and that you don't want old seeds from other trades in the robin. I do have a question, though. I start a lot of things early. Once I see that I have enough for my own garden, there are often at least a few seeds left, sometimes quite a few. Those are the ones I'm likely to pass along so they won't be wasted.

Also, I put in at least as many varieties as I take out. Most are harvested that season or the one before, some are leftovers from new-ish commercial packets. That seems fair, doesn't it? Just want to be clear. I love being a part of the robin, don't want to make a mistake!

Thanks again for everything you do for us!

Pam

Yes Pam that is Ok I Do not mine sharing from the new packs left over. I also Put some like that into the robin .
I'm planting seeds today & Some My left overs will go In the 2nd time around & Some of the pks have over 3,000 seeds so plenty for all that want to try : a few .

well back to planting will be back later today

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Erin: I have a few types of Cleome...I'll check and see if I have that one.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Cool ! Thank you! Any will do, I just saw that one in my Garden Gate magazine and thought it was pretty. :)

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

It's true that many of the New Bee seeds have no dates on the pkts, and some of those may be more than three years old. Good point!

SOME will be only 1-2 years old, but if you don't see a date, there is no way of telling.

Any pkts that I split or re-labelled, I listed the year if I knew it.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Please let me know if anyone is interested in purple cone flower. Just the "standard" one. Im not sure if I should put these seeds in or not - I know they are common. But I know many had disease issues last season. These are asters yellow free.
I will put them in when I get the 1st box so they are in the beginning of the 2nd go round.

Griffin, GA(Zone 8a)

Erin: I don't have that type, but I have others that I will set aside for you.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you!! :D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have some commercial Cleome "Rose Queen" I'll set it aside for you for round two Erin.

Sue G

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

yay! Thank you Sue! :)

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Corey ~ Are you going to be joining us? Or are you just send seeds to Susie?

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Sue if you have any extras of the Cleome I'm waving my hand....I have some that is about 15 years old and thought I'd throw them out into the garden this spring just to see if any come up....but fresh would be appreciated...lol.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I am so sad. My sister just passed away today. I have to figure out how to go on by myself and get done the things I wanted to do with the yard and trailer. I'm going to have to look for a job to help out money wise. I guess I'll try WalMart as a door greeter. That's the only way they will let me set on the job. I've seen other door greeters setting down occasionally. I just can't stand for hrs. With my spinal injury and bad knees, I have to be able to set, stand, set, stand. Most of the door greeters only work a 4 hr shift. I should be able to do that.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

I am so sorry for your loss.

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

So sorry for your loss.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

My prayers are with you, Marti!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I am sad for you Marti. Take care of yourself.

Saginaw, MI

Marti--Sending prayers to you and your family at a time of sadness. Take it a day at a time and try and think about the fun, happy times with your sister. It will help ease the pain of your loss. Take care. Shirley

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone. I'm just stumbling around in the dark now, but after a few day I will find my way back. We've had rain the last few days so I can't even go out and work in the garden. I can't seem to focus on any one thing. I know it will get better with time. I'm just glad I have friends whom I can talk to here.
And I did not mean to hyjack this thread. Sorry.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2013 8:24 AM

Concord, NH

your in our prayers! xoxo

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Prayers and thoughts with you marti. It's okay - we all hijack threads now and again.
You take care - dont push yourself. Your soul needs some time to grieve. Hugs for you!!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hugs marti...

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry Marti - thinking of you on this gray day. Peace.
xox
~Amanda

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Marti, You have my deepest sympathy. Just take a day at a time.
Mary Ellen

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm sorry to hear that, Marti. I hope you find peace about it soon.

Hi Evelyn!

>> Corey ~ Are you going to be joining us? Or are you just send seeds to Susie?

I've been meaning to send seeds to Susie for MONTHS but never gotten around to it. What I have now is mainly Asian greens like Bok Choy, Chinese cabbage,Tatsoi, Komaztsuna and Mizuna. Some mustards.

Some herbs:
Perilla / Shiso / Beefsteak plant. Green or red, japanese or Korean.
Kinh Gioi / Vietnamese Mint or Balm / Elsholtzia ciliata
Culantro Ngo Gai / Eryngium foetidum: Vietnamese herb similar to cilantro but with a stronger flavor
A little Shungiku / Large Leaf Tong Ho / Edible Chrysanthemum.

Not a lot of any one thing except Bok Choy, Chinese cabbage, Tatsoi & Komaztsuna. I've got MANY varieties of BC & CC. One cute little extra-dwarf Bok Choy intended to be harvested at 2". Doesn't that count as a "baby leaf" crop?

I don't think I should join the Robin: between buying and trading and having little time to garden, I already have more seeds than I can plant in 50 years!

In fact, I have more seeds that I'm really excited about growing ASAP, than I can fit into my garden in 5 years! So please don't tempt me!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Aw, that 2" bok choy does sound cute! :)
Keeping you in my prayers, too, Marti.
Hi, Erin! :)
Michelle

Nineveh, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Michelle! How are you? Hope all is well! :)

Erin

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, Erin.
We're doing well :) Been meaning to send you some dmail. I should have a chance to send it soon :)
Michelle

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

just a suggestion-maybe for the second time around start the seeds at the location that is the furthest (is that a word?)away and have it work its way back to you. that would totally change the shipping. and if you use a flat rate box everyone would pay the same postage.

KC If i send it back out the same way it started you will be getting pretty much what you just went through we started with the east & I ask if anyone wanted to go through the new seeds that others after them have shared . & You said you had most of what was in there & didn;t find much you didnt have so by sending it back to the east 1st you may then find some newer seeds .
from some of the new players .

I mean there is not a problem with changing the flight plan Backward but there won't be much of a change in cost if everyone is to use a MED FLATRATE It would be the same $11.65 with conf or about that .

One thing I should have said for the 1st robin is if there is like 5 pks of one kind in there Please don't add another 5 pks of the same type

well off to enjoy the sunshine .

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

it was just a thought

Saginaw, MI

So, Susie, if I were to "pick up" a few things to be included in the robin for the second time around, should I send them to you (like I did for the first robin) so they are in there for the start (being I am at the end of the line) or just post what I have to see if anyone wants them and mail directly to them????

Hope you are staying warm and that you have figured out your furnace situation!! Now is a bad time for the furnace to "act up" !! Take care. Shirley

Well Shirley at this point I would say that when the robin gets to you Just put what ever you have extra of to share with other in it then send it on home .

I then go through take out what others has shared with me & I add what I Can for others .
Had to turn my old one back into the store where i got it from & They gave me one to replace it so it is up & Running now thanks to brother JIM :)

& Spent 3-4 hrs at the ER for my vita-k drip to thinken my blood for it was way to thin & was bleed inside .
so now I'm going to just relax this afternoon .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.