Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1289186

Another Blue Marble from Sept

Thumbnail by patootie
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

good morning. The girls got the tree alll fiished and lit up last night. I baked about 5 dozen cookies to send to sister.
hope you all have a glorious day. We are supposed to get snow, but i will believe it when i see it.
Blue Marble not is just breathless.
these were from spet of 2011, there were a lot of pretty ones that year.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

WoW Debra they are beauties!!

Gautier, MS

Jackie beautiful BM!

Beautiful blooms Debra! A treat to see.

Cold again here today. Left the wild mg outside but got a small bloom anyway. This is my Louis Philip rose and a tropical bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thans Debra and Helena.
Debra, your blooms were very special in 2011. Love each one of those.

Helena, beautiful Rose. I love your gorgeous tropical, Cassia or Senna family.
Can you save me a few sds if it makes any?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I think it's Cassia, blooms so late here cause it has to start over every spring after the frost gets it. If it makes seeds I'll save you some. I think I'll try to start a few cuttings with bottom heat I'll have better luck.

Helena, you don;t have to take cuttings on my acct. If it makes sds fine, if not, don't worry ablout it please.
I know that you have your hands full with grand kids. :-)
If you could grow one in your g house, where its warmer, you would have tons of blooms the next summer.
No die back.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I've had that Cassia growing in the ground for years now. I really should take some cuttings and try to root them and maybe grow one in a pot.

A pink mg, newest mg seedling close to blooming and a few tropicals for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Can't wait to see your new MG bloom color. The pink is very pretty.
Love your Abutilons Helena.

Hi you guys, sorry about the spelling earlier, I havn't had much sleep with working and cooking and , well, you know.
I have seeds and a small seedling of that cassia, Jackie. will be great to see if Helena can get some for you rooted , too.
I sent out the packets for you, Jackie and Helena, Ronnie, Karen and Darren are next. All my mg mixes came from all the blooms I haveposted .. hope you all get some good ones.
I love your Abutilons, mine is still hanging in there. It is a red one. All thehibs are just bloomng away right now. Looks like christmas down in the basement.
Sister told me someone sent her some money from DG, she wants me to thank who ever sent it. It bought her some groceries. She can't drive now so her daughter who has finally realized her momma is not faking it ( really?) is going to the store and driving her to the drs and stuff.

I feel so bad she can't be here for christmas, and I can't go down there, but I will go get her to come back here after her round of chemos this time. I packed her a nice box of all her favorites that I make, and put some cutie tangerines in , too.

She sent me some pictures of the things that were blooming inside her back porch sunroom while she was in the hospital, they were all blooming and even setting seed pods for her when she came home, she was so thrilled.
here is a pic from September or October of us I can't remember..
and some of the flowers I sent home with her that have bloomed. One of the pics she sent was all blurry, do not have a clue as to what I sent home with her that time, I loaded her up.. it looks like a bluebell from the blurry pic, but who knows, I start so many seeds and then send the plants that come from them away..
She has lost 22 pounds since this pic was taken. I am so sad I can't make her better..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Debra my heart goes out to you. I'm sad with you. Life is fragile handle with prayers.

Real nice pics, glad they cheered your sis a bid.

Great pic of you and your sis Debra. Praying for good results from the upcoming new round of chemo.

Lovely Aloe with pretty blooms,or Kalanchoe
Is that a pretty seed pod open on the Datura?

My computer has shut down 3 times today on its own.
So when I no longer post, you'll know why. How horrible to have to replace my computer at Christmas.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2012 4:03 PM

Jackie, please check into just getting an extra hard drive installed, it is cheaper and worked for me .. yesterday was a down day for sister when she called me, but she is strong and will keep on fighting . Thank you for all your prayers and kind words.

Debra, thanks for that tip. My sis did that and she is so happy with the extra drive space. I will
look into it. Thank you.

I got your wonderful pkg of sds yesterday Debra. Sending you a dmail.

In the meantime, I finally got over 3 gigs of pics off my hard drive and onto the stick mule, Flash drive.
So I think its acting better already and booting up faster. Gonna see how many times it shuts down today.
So far it hasn't. Maybe I had it so loaded it was trying to crash??

Meant to send a few old pics since I have nothing new blooming now.

Heres a Blue Blizzard from 2011

and a Blue Star, a tri-color

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

my computor guy at work is all the time adnmonishing me to "move the .jpgs, mp3's, and other items that have too much space eating qualites of my work computor. He also is always removing "apps" that somehow get on our computors that slow our systems down. I clean my putor out as much as I can once a month. my son is always downloading his videos from his camera and I have to follow behind him and remove them. ( he uploads them to FB)
Well, I have to go fill the cougar with gas, get some chrstmas money ut of the bank for grandson's card, and start cleaning this very very dusty house.
yak at ya all later! ( love that blue blizzard, but u know i have a soft spot for any blue mg) ;D

Debra, When I find these again, not organized, I'll see if I can share a couple. :-)

you know jackie, u sent me some. I think I grew them outside this year, lets go back and check LOL
hmm that would mean me searching for august and septemeber maybe?

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Yes probably Aug and/or Sept. lol I still need to grow some of these out so I can increase my seed stash. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice ladies!!

Just want to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas!!! May it be Blessed full of Love and goodies too♥

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie and Debra.

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas too.

Gautier, MS

Good morning, it's cloudy and raining a bit here today. I got a nice bloom from my short newest vine. It didn't quite open all the way, will check later to see if it opens more. At least it's a large bloom from my mystery vine.

And the iris my 6 year old g-son broke before it was ready to open. I had it in water for days but it did open.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful color on your new MG bloom Helena. I like your Iris too with its gray/blue cast.
Very pretty.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We've had ice, snow, a 4 hour power outage and so thankful
that the power is back on now and the heat is on. How nice it is. :-)
My ochracea opened her 1st bloom today but my pic didn;t turn out so heres one from a couple of yrs ago.

Thumbnail by patootie

Good MORNING!
Love the blue Iris.. didn't know they re-bloomed for you southeners. Our power went out due to high winds , but it was time for people to go home anyway so I napped out. Love that yellow with purple throat, waiting for mine to do something soon.

Hope we all have a wonderful new year. I am looking forward to smiling more.

DH said we had 10 inches of snow out in the horse pasture. Its melting now with temps just above freezing
and lots of sunshine.

Thanks Debra. I hope next yr is a better one for you too with lots to smile about. :-)

The heat is coming on so much it is drying out the basement gardens fast, so it is time to set up the humidifiers. I use a hot air old vicks one in Charlies room and a dual tub cool mist in the outer room. Sure hate to start those things, but we have to do what we have to do, right?
Remember ths one? from 2011, I sent all the seeds out to everyone here..Did anyone grow any out?

Thumbnail by joeswife

August 2012, from Jackie got about four seeds from this one that didn't get forgotten in a bag and didn't get moldy. I called it the neon no mai LOL
Had to rinse white powder mildew/mold from that batch of vines I was drying, we had company coming so I always cover stuff up. or move it and can't find it in time... pooie.

Thumbnail by joeswife

I think this is transvall from jackie..
2nd pic came from Dany seed, no name?
3rd pic..Sent some of these to you , Jackie, I know u love them..
4th pic.. salvia i have seeds of and plants of for Helena.. ( can't ship when it is 19 or lower outside, bleah and BRRR)
5th pic, got lots of seeds, can't remember where they came from, I think they were from Becky.. a splash of some sort. I put them in my back patio mixes to give away.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Deb, transvaal has 5 lobed lvs. Gorgeous pics.
I love that last MG from Becky's sds, so ruffley

Thumbnail by patootie

thanks, Jackie, it mus be a lav moon vine deformed, LOL
I found some pink moon vine seeds on ebay and got us all some :)
You know I have four vines with five lobed leaves. Can't wait to see what they bring me. I know I have thepalmate, the messina creeper, and the maurantia?

I bet there are many five lobed mgs out there, can't remember how many I have gotten over the past three years. So very cold at the dealership today and even colder tommorrow. We can't give our free car washes after service right now cuz the car wash is frozen. Supposed to be even colder tommorrow.

Found the blue with white stripe and tip I am growing downstairs , it is called:
Maisugata
this one is done now,it has pods..(pic2)
pic 3 is the one I grew downstairs, here it is year before last, from Helena..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra and Jackie. Love the show. A sure sign if you have Transvaal if you get the orange seeds.

Don't have any mgs blooms yet, climbing though and setting some buds.

Deb, thats why I don';t even like to gather sd pods when its damp outside. I usually don;'t or I place the sd pods in an open foam bowl or cup and mark them while they dry. I could probably use a hair dryer on the pods too,
if I cover them with netting or something to keep from blowing em away..
Love all your blooms, just gorgeous. There are quite a few with 5 lobed lvs, sounds like you have several
of them.
That last bloom from Helenas sds is just drop dead gorgeous. :-)

Helena, the pretty orange sds are a giveaway that it's transvaal.
I sent Debra some of the transvaal sds in my last mail out.

This was from my prettiest Purple Tie 'Dye although I wanted Blue Tie Dye in the worst way.
A Blue and a Pink Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous blooms Jackie. I love them all.

Playing with my seeds Debra, getting some ready to send to you.

love those tye dyes, Jackie. I can see why you love them so much. They are always so different each bloom.
The purple star is up into the window well and blooming, can't get a shot of it, but so excited to see more seed pods from it.
Helena, you mystery vine sure looks like what I have bloming in charlies room right now, will try to get a pic up so we can compare..
So excited to see four bloom bud stalks on my Ginger down stairs, have never had one of mine blom, but all the ones I gave to my sis in law and my dg friend AuntB sure did bloom for them.
Got all those mildewy seeds cleaned and dustd with cinnamon and then air dried them over a heater vent. Got 26 seed sponges loaded up. they are "cooking" in a clear plastic cake cover with a lid on top..LOL
Yummy.
I knocked the head off my old cane begonia, hope I can save it. I have had that one a long time and have chopped it up so much to send away pieces of it I doubt it will come back very strong.
Very excited to see my monstera philo swiss cheeese cutting is making a new leaf.
That is all the news ofr now, will get some pics of basement gardens loaded up later.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear your purple star is still blooming Debra. I have one begonia that kind of disappeared from the pot so I hope it comes back in spring.
Debra I thought my mg looked similar to yours, I'll have another bloom in a day or two. Have no idea what that vine is going to do next since the bloom was at the very end of the short vine.

Two blooms from 2 vines today. I like the bright pink on the one, still rather small blooms. Can't wait till end of March when vines can go outside. Kind of windy today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena and Debra. I really do love the Tie Dye's, one of my 1st loves and still possibly my very favorite. I hope you send a pic of your vine that looks like Helenas mystery vine.
Debra, I've heard about the cinnamon killing mildew and also orange kool-aid powder is supposed to do the same thing. Dip sds in the powder b4 you plant them. I need to try it. Strange but I've had a few MG sds do that recently, making me suspicious of my potting mix.
Debra, I;ve never even heard of a seed sponge. I soak my sds in alcohol for a few minutes when I get a few moldy sds, then dry them off good, Oh yummy indeed!! lol
I hope it didn;t hurt your Cane Begonia to break off the top. Usually doesn;t hurt them unless it was too weak. Wonder if it would help to give it just a small feeding? I don;t like to feed them in winter but
it might encourage some new growth on your Begonia. What did you do with your broke off piece?
Sometimes that can be the answer, rooting it in a cup of water and getting it started. Those freshly rooted
starts are usually stronger than the plant it came off of.

Pretty pink shade Helena.

A better pic of transvaals lvs

My Maurice Amey Beg after I cut it back last yr, got very pretty and full. It was a stick before

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I never heard about cinnamon killing mildew either nor about orange koo-aid but have heard about alcohol.

Your pic of transvaal blooms look like they were a nice size. Mine seemed to be smaller. Nice begonia.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.