Morning Glories: Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013, 1 by patootie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright patootie

In reply to: Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013
patootie wrote:
Thanks Helena and Debra. I really do love the Tie Dye's, one of my 1st loves and still possibly my very favorite. I hope you send a pic of your vine that looks like Helenas mystery vine.
Debra, I've heard about the cinnamon killing mildew and also orange kool-aid powder is supposed to do the same thing. Dip sds in the powder b4 you plant them. I need to try it. Strange but I've had a few MG sds do that recently, making me suspicious of my potting mix.
Debra, I;ve never even heard of a seed sponge. I soak my sds in alcohol for a few minutes when I get a few moldy sds, then dry them off good, Oh yummy indeed!! lol
I hope it didn;t hurt your Cane Begonia to break off the top. Usually doesn;t hurt them unless it was too weak. Wonder if it would help to give it just a small feeding? I don;t like to feed them in winter but
it might encourage some new growth on your Begonia. What did you do with your broke off piece?
Sometimes that can be the answer, rooting it in a cup of water and getting it started. Those freshly rooted
starts are usually stronger than the plant it came off of.

Pretty pink shade Helena.

A better pic of transvaals lvs

My Maurice Amey Beg after I cut it back last yr, got very pretty and full. It was a stick before