Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013

Gautier, MS

Thanks too ladies. Pretty fuji Jackie.

Debra, you have some pretty neat tropicals, really like that soft pink color on your mg.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Deb, I know I've seen those B Belly blooms somewhere before. Some plants
drop all their lvs before they bloom. Might be what buddahs belly is doing. Were the lvs huge b4 they dropped?

Thanks Helena. I love no Beni, wish I could get it to set sds. A beautiful color.

I really enjoyed this vine, blooms the color of red violet.
Oops edited to say this pic is from Jap Sunrise Mxd not a Fuji no Beni

This message was edited Jan 12, 2013 8:14 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I'm going to Debra's house for the winter!! Even a mock fish pond in the basement garden :-)

Gautier, MS

Nice bloom and color Jackie.

Glad to have any bloom I get now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I love that fuchia red blom, I got some of those from you, I think, Jackie, last year. I also LOVE the jaimie Lynn. we are home today because our electicity to the whole house has been going on and off, partial lights and no furnance all weekend. belah. so far the outside meter had a burned out lug ( what ever that means)
now this other guy is on his way to see what is going on with the lights downstairs, I am sure I am going to have thebreaker box re-routed to accomodate all the grow lights. *sigh*

Thanks Helena and Debra. Beautiful Jamie Lynn.

Debra, Any electrical problem scares me out of my wits.
I used to watch my mom cut wires and splice them herself, not me. I'd end up with every hair on my head standing straight up. lol
We need to call out an electrician too. I know we have a short on one wall

Gautier, MS

It's very windy and cold here today but it hasn't been cold enough to stop my iris from blooming and a small mg in gh.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Helena! Cold and dreary here so it's nice to see some blooms even if I'm a little bit envious :-)

(Zone 7a)

Helen, those frills & ruffs on your fleurs are like the warmth of a hearth which at present is only a figment of imagination - no sun here either - can't believe what a big baby I am about spring being so far away.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Me too Karen :-( I've been miserable

Lovely blooms Helena.
I've got so much to do that I need to be using this time for organizing sds, throwing away aged sds that will never sprout.
Looks like my house could stand some early Spring cleaning. :-)

Hamelia paten babies from Helenas sds.

ochracea

Streptocarpella blooming

Ripening Kumquat, sp? fruit

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Very nice blooms Jackie. Love your ochracea blooms.

Thanks Helena,. I love the ochracea but the lvs look awful now, bugs after it. I have something new to try and will spray in a few days,. I sprayed it today with the fatty salts but I don;t think that's very effective on spider mites or any pests for that matter

Quote from luvsgrtdanes :
Beautiful Helena! Cold and dreary here so it's nice to see some blooms even if I'm a little bit envious :-)

I echo that statement.

awww i love the strepto what ever you called it blooms. so cute! and the Kumquats remind me of california. I had a hamelia patens small plant someoine sent me, but I think it died. anyway, i am leaving it in it's pot in hopes it is just dormant. I LOVE that shrub.

Thanks Debra. it was very easy to get these Hamelia sds to sprout from Helena.
Do I recall that Helena is sending you a few sds?

morning, doing the aiting game on the electric guys and the internet guy. sheesh. I am supposed to be at work. I had pics of the glories blooming the other day, but they are on work putor.
I am not worried about seeds right now, have to get some growing areas fixed first. still love that shrub, too bad it isn't zone hardyhere.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OHHH that lemon tree is warming me right up!

Ronnie, my lemon tree has ants all over it. But you know, I think they help the fruit to ripen.
Other than that though, they can't be up to anything good!!!
I sprayed it yesterday with some fatty salts, says you can spray it right up to date of harvest.

Debra, sorry I forgot to ask you about your electric. I just assumed it was all fixed now.
I'm pretty sure the Hamelia is listed as a tropical but we have people growing Brugs in the
ground here. I'm pretty sure though that the Brugs and the Hamelia would not be root hardy in
your zone 6, maybe with a foot or two of mulch and 2 inch thickness of newspaper under the
mulch. lol Too much work but you could grow it in a tub in your basement garden overwinter.

Gautier, MS

Debra, I got your seeds ready including hamelia patens, I'm sorry I just delayed in sending them to you.

I bought a couple of different citrus trees and one is full of buds so who is going to polinate them at this time of year?

Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Helena I guess your are going to have to buzz around and get it done!! :o)

Helena, I had some help with the pollination of my kumquat tree, a moth or something
It's taking a long time for the fruit to mature, been months. When your blooms open, try your hand at pollinating.

Time for a new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1294281

This message was edited Jan 19, 2013 12:53 AM

Gautier, MS

Ronnie, lol.......

hoping for bugs, moths of whatnut to do the pollinating, I have it under the motion lights on the conner of the house for some warmth.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.