Morning Glories 2012 #13

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285115

LYK changing colors last week

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty LYK bloom Jackie.

I have a deep purple bloom today which I'm not sure if my camera is getting the correct color (not pleased when it does that). I really like the purple color of this bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I like both of your blooms Helena. The light blue with dark blue star is pretty too.

I think this is Plum Purple Velvet

Pink Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I love your beautiful blooms.

I overlooked this bloom and jusst spotted when watering plants in the gh. I think it's supposed to be purple specks.
And Confederate rose yesterday.

The Purple Specks is nice but I love the Confederate Rose, a real beauty

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow! beautiful! my confederate rose never stayed out long enough to bloom, it is down in the basement gardens now..

i had this cute lil bloom down there
lots of buds forming now on my basement vines.. so excited..
i am glad to see both of your blooms..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra. I love my Confederate Rose too.

Pretty blooms Debra, so glad you'll be getting more blooms soon.

This is a new vine for me with bloom and JL.

Pretty blooms Debra. Great colors.

Helena, your dark bloom is nice but I love the pale beauty of Jamie Lynn, its striking.

Helena, this was the smaller of the PPV blooms yesterday. It didn;t make the star.

Reposting the bloom I submitted yesterday for comparison.

This bloom is lovely but still need to chunk it due to the spider mites.
Waiting on a sd pod. Blue Saz

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Pretty nice blooms Jackie but I hear you about the spider mites. Some of mine have it too.

I have that flower, too, helena I love it! well both of them... i grew them this summer and I will always love that JL.
It is weird how some have the star centers and some don't. Spidermites bugged me all summer outside, but I have them at bay in the basement garden, thanks to windex LOL.

these were from year before last, I had them this year too, but sent quite a few away to others..

update on sister:

sister called and the surgeon said her heart is fine.. surgery worked as far as fluid removal, she will always have some fluid on her lungs, but now she says she is used to it.
she is now taking the soursop stuff, and as soon as she gets done with this round of chemo, she will detox, then start on the essiac tea, which she can't drink while there is so much chemo in her body, her liver is at risk if she drinks it while she is on chemo he said. We find out right before thanksgiving if the chemo is working as far as making the tumors shrink. if it is, she will continue the chemo, if it isn't , she will do the homeopathic stuff instead of the chemo. that is the update today she said. she has received 8 cards today and was very surprised ( she called me and asked me who all these nice people are that are thinking of her) LOL

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Debra, thanks for the update on your sis. Glad the surgery worked. Will keep her in prayers.

All your blooms are gorgeous, love that last one!

Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's the white with slightly pink wild (from along the road) mg blooming that I started from cutting.

Repeat of the bloom above.

And rebecca with the white center.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Great news on your sis Debra. Love all your blooms but partial to that last one like Helena. :-)

Helena, love all your blooms too. Your Rebecca is gorgeous.

Showing 2 diff petal shapes on Lav LYK

Mauve Splash

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra so good to hear about your sis getting better♥

Love all the blooms!

Gautier, MS

Jackie, love your pretty Lav LYK blooms!

Thanks Helena. I like this one too. I like the different shapes it makes.
The top bloom on the LYK is over 3 inches while the lower one is just 2 inches or so.
I don't know how or why that happens.

A lovely Milky Way in Sept.

Thumbnail by patootie

that is why morning glorys are so wonderful.. always a different something to gaze at in awe..
LYK is one of those surprize lookie me kind of blooms isn't she?

Helena how ever did you get a cutting of a wild morning glory to take? now do that with a pandurata for me would ya? LOL
love you guys and I am glad you are still getting wonderful blooms..

Gautier, MS

Pretty Milky Way Jackie.

Debra, I use a 2 litter coke bottle that I cut the 2 inches off the bottom. When I stick cutting into starting soil I cover it with the coke bottle, keep the cap on in the beggining, remove it later on. It fits the pot and it's like a mini green house to keep the moisture in and leaves from drying out. I've been doing this for a very long time and most of the time the cutting take, not always though.

Todays blooms. A purple that looks blue, pretty Jamie Lynn, and purple speckled.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Ronnie and Helena.

Debra LYK is something of a showoff. Giving us different looks and the blue LYK does it too.
I have never got pandurata to root in water while all my nils root in a few days in water. I can just forget
getting them to root in potting mix.

Pretty blooms Helena. I just had one or two this morning.

No Beni a couple of days ago.

Purple Tie Dye

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Jackie,
I know haven't been around here... so many excuses that I have (one I was on crutches for a long time and ) didn't feel up to much of anything, including the internet..lol

Just wanted to ask how the seeds from Parks did for you and Helena, Becky? planted several fujis from the same batches and got 7 spokes on them. Hopefully you guys got some also.

Also, wanted to let you know that the Chocolate Mimosa trees I purchased finally made a couple of pods and I sowed all the seeds, out of about 50 seeds, 4 came out with chocolate leaves. The ratio is not great, but, the fact that some of the seeds will come out true made me very happy. The thing is that you have to sow a lot of seeds to get a couple of those chocolates... well worth it.

I just noticed a sentence on the page here where you may upload up to 5 images, that is a great new feature...or maybe it is old, but it is great and easier than before.

Well, the best to all of you and the glories, they look fantastic. The only ones I grew this year were fujis and heavenly blue which made stems the size of tree trunks.. and covered several of my brugs...

A.

A, so glad you dropped in. We've missed your posts. :-) I didn't get to plant the sds from Parks
you shared, will try to do that. I am winter sowing so will dig that pkt out and start a few.
I;m glad the Fujis did well there in Az and the H.B.s, one of my favorites.
About 2 months or so A on the ability to load up to 5 pics in the same post.
A real time saver.
Sorry you were on crutches, hope everything is better now.
Your Choc Mimosa's sound wonderful. Mine only turned choc that one yr but it was a beauty.
I would have tried cuttings but I think the Mimosa is hard to propagate from a cutting.

Jackie

This message was edited Nov 8, 2012 3:55 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

Jackie, these mimosas are really stingy with seeds... I don't know why, I expected lots of seedpods, but only got about 6 from each tree and I've sowed all of them. I'll save seeds next year for you from mine if you want.

DH just got out of the hospital too... so much going on here..... oh well, such is life.

A.

A, please save me just a couple of sds next yr. I love the Choc.
DH and I both had stints in the hosp earlier this yr having our hearts checked
Was miserable. I know you're DH is happy to be home, never more so than when we're released from the hospital.
Let me know if you saw anything I grew that you liked. will be happy to send sds. :-)

me too, A I have lots of cool seeds this year from all over the place. I read up on that choc mimosa cuz I wanted one, and was told it is almost fertile.
I am glad you got some seeds from your tree. I have tons of baby mimosas here.. I love all the glorys posted here and am glad we are wintersowing. I did manage to keep mgs going that I brought in, some are in a cocacola bottle on the buffet, roots all everywhere and vining out and small blooms, the species I have going are also vining everywhere, so I am putting up the string leads to let them climb on.. I start all my seeds in the water bottle planter method, just havn't been able to get a pandurata or stictocardia cutting to root is all. one of the glorys I got a seed from a DG'r has never bllomed , but grows these huge leaves every where and roots in the air. I found a huge "tater" at the bottom of one of the main plants so am inclined to think it was an i batata type of vine more than the hederafolia it was supposed to be.
I feel blessed to have you all as friends. had a lovely display of the dark blue with white tips and stripes , growing by the south basement window well inside, will post pics later..
I managed to get some jasmine sambuc rooted and have two small plants, so excited to have some finally root and grow. Still have two caudex glories, think may be i lindeheimeri, or maybe pink moon vine.. but haven't seen them bloom. I am pretty sure I planted some other caudex glory seeds, but so tired I can't remember their names, lost the i plantesis.. we have not had rain now for a motnth, have to water my shrubs and trees and the prennials to keep them going. Supposed to get up to 80 tommorrow, only two things yet to bring in, but have to wait for killing frost on them to make them go dormant to do well next year, a fig tree and an oleander. They are huge. Just as my lobata started blooming it got down to 30 one night and that toasted them, same with the little yellow mg. still waiting on the obscura and the three types of woodroses to bloom, maybe later this winter?

Why are you on crutches, girl?
Joe has been on strike for a month, they are voting on new contract this saturday, hope it is worth a yes. What has happened to your hubby, A.?
These are from september 2012 4th pic is a caudex plant

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty blooms Debra. Glad yours are starting to bloom now. Mine are pretty much finished until my new ones get blooming size

Blue Saz making all Lav blooms. The Lav one is making blue blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie

jackie, maybe saz is spazing out LOL the post above is from outside this past september.. hardly seems like it is almost christmas outside. I saw a few rebeccas out there still blooming..

I have a few purps still blooming but we have some colder weather coming this next week. Should finish my
purps off. I hate winter.

Mesilla Park, NM

Deborah, I will save seeds next year for you both, out of both trees (and I've had them for two years) they only gave a few seedpods each. The first year nadda... maybe the third will be a charm as they say.

Do either of you guys or anyone else for that matter want some Salmon Sunset 4 oclock seeds? I have a million seeds and they are gorgeous, fragrant and just beautiful. I also have them in pots and they did fantastic and I added lots of orange cosmos to the pots, they looked great. You can always move them into the ground or vise versa.

I also have quite a few red turk's cap seeds, a few pink turks caps seeds.. they are all germinating I've got at least 100 seedlings for the red turkscaps, they are only 1 or 2 inches tall, but,, it tells me that they are viable. I'm going to try those in several pots next year for the hummers. The rest of the seeds are really common but can send a some of each... I got lots of the regular blue carauela seeds if anyone wants those.

My yard was a jungle and still is, we expect a freeze this coming week. I cut down all my brugs this week.

A.

A, yes please save me a few of the 4 o'clocks and turks cap. The hummers love both flowers
I love blue so wouldn't mind a few caruela sds. I'm trying to find blue pea vine right now for planting in the ground next yr, Clitoria ternatea, dbl blue one. I've not done any good growing it in a pot for some reason. I used to all the time, don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong. End result, I've wasted all my sds.

I'll try to find my Pandorea varieg lvs seeds to send you a few with some MG sds. :-)

Purple no Mai in Aug, my sd pod aborted

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Change out the soil completely and start new, don't use any pesticides, Bayer is the worst. It kills all the soil. I used to use it till I discovered my soils were useless after that.

I've got a couple of other passionvines that I hand pollenated/crosses but the fruits have all been empty so far. I'm not as good as the bees..lol

I soaked the turks cap's seeds in water, then I planted them up in clear drinking plastic cups, used some seran wrap, that self sticking one, and covered them up on the kitchen window sill. They have been doing great, only now I have way too many seedlings. The only ones that are not germinating at all are the variegated Turks Cap seeds. I don't know why, not a one. I was hoping that at least one would turn out with variegated leaves.

I'll send these seeds next week, but the Chocolate Mimosa next fall as I will not have any seeds till then. Give me a week to sort them out and pack.. I've got a few days to myself this coming week.

A, don't be in any hurry on my account. I'm so far behind trying to gather MG sds that it will keep me busy for a long time. Wait till spring if you want to. :-)Take some time to rest.
A I'm not surprised the varieg leaf seeds are hard to germinate, maybe sterile?

turks cap? that sounds fun.. I have a salmon 4 o clock, don't know if it is the same. i have some broken colors I could send you..
have lav moon vine seeds still and orange noah and setosa seeds also... lots of snow on the mountain and fire on the mountain seeds..
I started all my stuff inside last winter using the method with the self sticking wrap in cups in the sill and the water bottle method as well

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie and Debra. Nice to see you and have and have you here with us A. Where are your pictures, want to see your jungle!

My mg bloom wasn't very pretty today so no pics.

Just my same old blooms. I have 3 or 4 new ones up, will take forever before I get blooms on em.

Plum Purple Velvet

A Red Cypress vine growing out of the rocks on the floor.

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi guys,
Listen, I don't need anything back, I've got so many seeds already. Just postage if you guys get a chance, I'll put in at least 6-10 packs of seeds depending on your postage, I would think 2.00 should cover that. I've got padded envelopes.

I'll mail out when I receive postage and I've started sorting already. I will only commit to five people so

Jackie no. 1
Deborah no. 2
Dana no. 3

can take two more.

A.

Will get mine ready to mail Monday A.Thank you
Oops, a holiday so Tues then.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

A. I really enjoyed growing your seeds in 2011 and Parks tie dye was really nice. But the most enjoyment has been from Blushing Bride.

My only nice bloom this morning was of this rose.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous Helena. Is that one of the David Austin roses?

Thumbnail by patootie
Mesilla Park, NM

Hi helena, i thought that was special too, i have taken many photos but currently only have my barns and noble nnok tablet, so dont have a way to upload yet..... maybe santa will bring me something for christmas. It is so hard for me to use this small keyboard. Thats why i dont post much.

A, we hope you get a new computer for Christmas or some way to upload your pics. We would love to see them

My Pink Silk had a bloom this morning.

As did Pretty Pink Asago

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.