Morning Glories 2012 #13

Gautier, MS

Awesome blooms on your vines Jackie and Debra. So nice to see!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

All are very pretty blooms Debra. You might have a cross or two. :-)

Missed your post Helena. I didn't know you stayed up as late as Deb and I do.

This message was edited Nov 24, 2012 2:44 AM

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Great blooms
Debra!

Cripes I'm in bed by 10!

Gautier, MS

I'm usually in bed early too, but when there are teenagers in the house something is always going on.

Sorry my only nice repeat bloom this morning. I do like the blue tint on this JL.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, to me she looks very fancy, more like a nil than a purp, very pretty.

Edited to say no Sora cross not

This message was edited Nov 24, 2012 4:22 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

I like your gorgeous no Sora not Jackie. Looks fancy to me too. It got very cool this morning here and I think it's going to get colder tomorrow morning. Probably will be colder where you're at, 3 or 4 more months of waiting for spring.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

it is a pretty no sora no matter how cold it is. And I love the blue tint on that JL.
very very cold this am.. Ihad to work while sister stayed here and got thngs ready for a BBQ with my son , her me and Joe. It was niceoutside he said as he brought in the steak.

too cold for me! But somehow, we managed to get an old battery out ofmy sons car and a new one installed, and an airfilter put on my daughters car. Home from work at the atuo place and work on autos the rest of the afternoon... it was too funny. Now my son and I know why we take our cars to the dealor. LOL

Anyways..
my sister and one of my daughters...Rose.

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Two beautiful ladies Debra!

Your daughter Rose looks just like you Debra and I can see the resemblance to your sis too. :-)

Oops I meant Helenas purp, Jamie Lynn, looks very fancy to be a purp. It's looking more like a nil than a purp;

Gautier, MS

I agree, beautiful ladies. That's my DH 2nd at home job, anything that breaks he has to try to fix himself first.

Jackie, I knew you were referring to JL. Have not checked to see if anything bloomed today. It's cold outside. We had our first light frost here.

Cold here too Helena. It only got to 51 yesterday and the wind was cold. Wind chill made the day b4 that
feel even colder. We've already had several nights below freezing.
I am happy to have my Hamelia patens sds up,(thanks to Helena), about 6 or 7 of em. I hope I don't kill the tiny seedlings.
I gave them just a drop of fert when I watered yesterday.

Gautier, MS

What I love about living here is that it always warms up pretty fast by noon if the sun is ot.

I'm glad the hamelia patens seeds came up for you. If I remember correctly, they can grow pretty fast once they get going.
Just have to take extra care in the begining.

Helena, thats the part I'm worried about. :-) Hope I don't screw up. I fed them hoping that will make them grow a little faster. Just when they're this tiny that it's so tricky trying to grow them. I've got them under
fluorescent lights in the hall bathroom

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you have them under fluorescent lights inside where it's easier to keep an eye on them. I have fluorescent lights set up in my laundry room for starting seeds. I like checking them twice a day, easier when they have to mist too.

No mgs here today.

Helena, I'm moving mine to my little utility/laundry room too. I have a little grow light tray in there and
the lights hang down closer to my seedlings. I'm worried that my seedlings will stretch for the light
in the bathroom. The light fixture is not close enough.
My grow rack is one of those cheap 15.00 Bakers Racks like the $ store used to carry. I just rigged up
the 10.00 grow lites from Wal-Mart to hang close to the shelves. Now the $ store
never has them. I have bought a slew of them over the yrs and I'm glad I did.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

you girls have been busy! Sister made it home safe and sound. We had a really good visit. Jackie I got your package today, I promise to get your seeds sorted out when I have some time this week while watching tv with Joe. I sit and sort seeds cuz I don't like just sitting much. Helena and Ronnie and Karen, A>, well, all of you ....will get your christmas packages with some of my collections..

Here are some mgs..White with red specks ( remember the one I grew in 2011?) well, the seeds are still viable. Looks yellow in that room, tho.
blue butterfly clerodendrum decides to bloom..
hibiscus are still blooming..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Jackie, I've bought those too over the years. Helps pass time in winter watching seedlings grow inside.

Debra love all your beautiful blooms. The blue butterfly is on my list to be replaced. It's raining here but I'm glad cause the plants really need it. Glad you had a good visit with your sis over the holidays.

Another small bloom, a abutilon chinese lanterns blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love all your blooms Debra. The 1st pic is my favorite with the pretty youjiro on the wreath form.
No hurry on my sds Deb. Just take your time.

Helena, pretty blooms. That 1st Lav reminds me of my unknown nil blooming in the tub out back, looks just like it. Do you have a name on yours???I love the Abutilons and I have sds I need to test
I want to order the Voodoo Red and one of the yellows.

Pretty little transvaal
Pink Silk, not pretty but glad to have the bloom, still trying to pollinate by hand
A different color on these LYK blue bars this morning or at least the bars more pronounced

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1289186

This message was edited Nov 27, 2012 3:05 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.