Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2012 #13, 1 by joeswife

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright joeswife

In reply to: Morning Glories 2012 #13

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Morning Glories 2012 #13
joeswife wrote:
me too, A I have lots of cool seeds this year from all over the place. I read up on that choc mimosa cuz I wanted one, and was told it is almost fertile.
I am glad you got some seeds from your tree. I have tons of baby mimosas here.. I love all the glorys posted here and am glad we are wintersowing. I did manage to keep mgs going that I brought in, some are in a cocacola bottle on the buffet, roots all everywhere and vining out and small blooms, the species I have going are also vining everywhere, so I am putting up the string leads to let them climb on.. I start all my seeds in the water bottle planter method, just havn't been able to get a pandurata or stictocardia cutting to root is all. one of the glorys I got a seed from a DG'r has never bllomed , but grows these huge leaves every where and roots in the air. I found a huge "tater" at the bottom of one of the main plants so am inclined to think it was an i batata type of vine more than the hederafolia it was supposed to be.
I feel blessed to have you all as friends. had a lovely display of the dark blue with white tips and stripes , growing by the south basement window well inside, will post pics later..
I managed to get some jasmine sambuc rooted and have two small plants, so excited to have some finally root and grow. Still have two caudex glories, think may be i lindeheimeri, or maybe pink moon vine.. but haven't seen them bloom. I am pretty sure I planted some other caudex glory seeds, but so tired I can't remember their names, lost the i plantesis.. we have not had rain now for a motnth, have to water my shrubs and trees and the prennials to keep them going. Supposed to get up to 80 tommorrow, only two things yet to bring in, but have to wait for killing frost on them to make them go dormant to do well next year, a fig tree and an oleander. They are huge. Just as my lobata started blooming it got down to 30 one night and that toasted them, same with the little yellow mg. still waiting on the obscura and the three types of woodroses to bloom, maybe later this winter?

Why are you on crutches, girl?
Joe has been on strike for a month, they are voting on new contract this saturday, hope it is worth a yes. What has happened to your hubby, A.?
These are from september 2012 4th pic is a caudex plant