Summer in YOUR neck of the woods, come chat :-)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilyn - do I detect a note of sarcasm in your posting re: your dental hygienist app't? With all the mouth pain you've gone through, surely this won't be bad?
I pray for all those in the state of emergency - without power, etc. And the gardens...... how very frustrating...........
Hoping you have a sunny day and some of this WET dries up, and the sewers are repaired quickly. I can imagine the insurance companies are hiring extra people for their calls centers just to catch up on the claims........at least they will need to after the water starts receding.

Apparently I will find out this morning if the job I interviewed for yesterday evening is one I get!! They want someone to start NOW and I got a good feeling about it........ however, it means leaving my job assignment Way Early....... after days instead of weeks, and I don't want to Do That to the agency that sent me here........... thought I would have time to give decent period of notice. Well, won't "count my chickens before they're hatched".......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, ooops afternoon..if I don't stop this hacking susan I'll be joining you looking for a new job!!! Drats, say 100 day cough, must go back and see when it started..must be well over a month, that being said it means another month and a 1/2 to go..yikes, won't make it. Here Saturday and Sunday I thought I had it licked, back last few days with a vengence..good think, quiet/quiet at work which means I don't have to talk much.

"M" glad you are making headway in the clean up..no frost but got to say considered putting on the heat this morning. Gardens will pay I'm sure. Having some DG friends end of June, had so wanted to have gardens in prime but things are done that should not, some are out now, which shouldn't be so who knows, end of gardens could be before end of June.

Carol ??? you ok

ViolaAnn, mind boggling about the present situation of posting body parts..be cautious of strangers

Susan..looking forward to hearing the outcome of your day re taking full time employment..

gee whiz, if jewelry works as good luck charms I'll turn on the kiln tonight and make more lol

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Beauty day here .. cool, but, sunny .. folks are out trying to cut EXTRA long grass .. and .. sad to say MANY of the people in the city have front yards filled with runied furniture from their flooded basements .. took some bottles of bleach and disposable gloves to one of the relief stations, they were so happy to receive them .. felt it was the least I could do.

Susan , VERY tongue in cheek re the hygienist .. it doesn't bother me, I only get a bit more than 'off' when it's a filling to be done .. not too crazy about the NEEDLE prior to treatment.

Been wondering about Carol as well .. hope she's doing OK .. met an acquaintence today who undergoing chemo for breast cancer. Her side effects sound a lot like Carols .. not funny at all !!!

Betty, that cough sounds lots like a bronchitis .. I take it you;ve had a recent chest xray ?
I lost my sense of taste and smell after a lengthy bout with 'the coughs' in 2004 .. it was bronchitis .. I was working and would have to dash into a treatment room, or bathroom or BROOM closet just to hide while I choked up a lung !!! Was always happy I had good bladder control LoL !!

Bed early tonight .. lots to accomplish tomorrow and the next day .. then the company arrives .. wish me luck !!

Take care all :-)

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I called Carol and got her VM, so left her a message saying how we worry about her.

The job I interviewed for yesterday pm, and hoped to hear about - well, they really liked my interview, but chose to interview another candidate at 4pm today. It's 5:30 now and I still haven't heard, but the Agency seems not to be worried.
I didn't get the job I interviewed for at noon yesterday, but the same agency interviewed me on the phone for yet Another Job............ I can't say the company name, but it has to do with being an EA to the president of the Biggest Event in Calgary each year............. lol It would be a 2 month term (with a possibility of perm) starting immediately.
As the assignment I started on Tuesday has changed it's "end date" to tomorrow, I'm available for interviews right away! Siiiiiiiiiigh well, we'll have to wait and see...... I'm not too good at waiting LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi all Susan thank for calling I was resting with my new toy. Friend ( and foster mom) Shelly came in today and mostly we went shopping and bought a portable CD and then went to the library to borrow some talking books. Works a charm. Holding a book seems to take so much energy,

Well: updates: CT scan is worse, Bone scan is fine, drained 750 ml of fluid out of my right lung on Friday. I wish they would drain my abdomen which also has a large fluid accumulation but apparently that is not such an easy proposition. Saw Doc on Monday and started a new chemo on Tuesday - but this one is only 4 times and every 3 weeks!
It is however draining e nergy! So I am letting everybody else do things - wash dishes, watering plants in and out, doing laundry etc etc - some neighbor is always popping in to do something! Nice to be so well looked after. Home care nurse has checked in a couple of times.more gardeners keep showing up to help out outside, not much left to do out there. Still hope to get the veggie garden and new raspberries in the ground.,

The garden is looking really nice, two early peonies popped open yesterday. Daffs are almost finished.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - sorry to hear you're having to go through the chemo again, just glad it's not so often as before.
I remember not too long ago you said you didn't need a home care nurse at all, but was nice she dropped in once. I see your energy level has gone down....... So glad you have such good friends and neighbours and your home care nurse, of course :-)
Your daffs are almost done?
gosh it's weird - I have ONE flowering plant in my garden - Jacob's Ladder - it's looking good though.

Wishing you all the best Carol .. has to be nice to have the 'talking book' player though .. would certainly help to pass the time ..

Things here remain in HIGH GEAR (what else is new) .. Lorna's parents accommodation was cancelled due to the flooding, we are now scrambling to find alternate arrangements, and, ALL hotels have 'jacked up' their prices to cash in on other peoples bad luck :-(.
Some as high as $200./night !!

Off and running .. well.. as fast as my hip will allow me to run LoL

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

$200/night? YIKES! Obviously That isn't going to happen............. imagine how some people take advantage like that!!! It's just not right!

OMG!! 7am and KABOOM, CRASH, BANG !!! The gravel truck brigade arrived out front to dig up the repair job from last week, I guess replace the culvert and pave .. going to be one noisy day .. the dogs are sure not impressed.

Last day of cleaning before company arrives, out tonight to celebrate my sons Bday (from last week), he ended up flying out to Toronto/Sudbury to monitor fix ups on the CPR rail line .. so .. missed his BDay at home ..
I see Union Station flooded .. I guess our flooding here is about 10 times worse .. estimates are at 1000+ families without housing, and many more with sewage caked onto their basement floors and walls, basically making their homes uninhabitable ..

And so it goes ........ Looks like rain here :-(

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe they should wait a bit "m" before dong repairs if more of the same is on its way..first think I checked this morning was the basement, thankfully no flood. Damp/cold and rainy, although they say rain today and tomorrow you can almost see the sun trying to come out.

Not a good time for company is it..hard to cancel when flights have been booked.

Nice day for chicken soup..warms the soul and heals what is ailing..I will try anything in hopes to ease the hacking!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I saw that Toronto's subway was shut down due to flooding, and they had to send in a disinfecting crew to clean it up from sewer water..... showed the water from the street running down the stairway........ wow - what a floodwater!!
It's open again now though, I hear......

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Had a quiet day yesterday either napping or resting or listening to a talking book - nice gadget. two of my transport team are out of town for a few days so the 3rd dropped by in the evening and did the dishes.Today Wilma ( the team is Marie, Jan and Wilma) came by in the morning, brought up all the plants from the light garden in the basement which should have been outside days ago and on Monday a friend is coming over to pot them up. Then we did a quick Safeway trip and bought a small piece each of watermelon , melon and canteloupe - me thinking maybe I could eat these watery fruits. The melon is the best The watermelon is a bit dry but I will keep at it,- helps my mouth is not so dry., Bailey likes them too!
Tomorrow should be another quiet day. Weather not so nice but I still like to sit outside. I have developed a great desire to go in water so will see to get somebody to go to the swimming pool with me next week - I cant swim but I will go during aquasize class.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glad you found something you enjoy eating - melons are so good for you, too! Bailey likes melons? lol
Don't blame you for wanting to go in the water! Can't swim?? never learned? If that's the case, it's like me with riding a bike - never learned. BUT - I'm like a fish in water - Love to Swim.......... never found me Out of the water during the summer. People would ask "Where's Susan?" and as long as it was summer, and the pool was open, those that knew me knew where they'd find me lol

Good to hear you have such nice friends Carol, and, I do hope you get to a pool .. like Susan .. I love to swim .. it's just finding the time now !!!

BIG disappointment last night :-(
Took the family out to dinner at a NEW restaurant .. classified as 'CanCajun' .. what a mistake!! We ended up sending food back .. the manager gave us a $100. gift certificate to come back. The problem is 'inexperienced staff' .. we had THREE servers, and I think non of them had ever waited tables before .. ergo .. orders got mixed up, brought late AND cold .. just a nightmare ..won't be going back that is for sure .. sad part is, it was a refurbishment of an ages old VERY popular restaurant here in TBay .. over a million dollars in renos .. nice atmosphere. but, atmosphere alone does not a successful eatery make .. lesson learned ..

Off to the airport in just a bit to pick up Lorna's folks .. beauty day here ..!!!

Take care everyone

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, checked the clock, yep still morning..
dull dreary day, thought at least I could get the grass cut but nope so it's an inside day for me!

Got a project out, I had faux painted frames on old shed, brought them in, repainted insert and thought great day to upgrade them with glue and brad nails..one of my bradnailers has a trigger problem, needs tobe reset (need Greg to show me) and my standby one is missing, so on the hunt I went, nowhere to be found..didn't think I loaned one to Greg seeing I bought him one??? called, he was on the road bringing Kyle to drivers' ed and said he'd check when he got home..what it did do though is got me cleaning the craft room, likely an all day project..got to be done at some point so might as well be now..

Carol, am hoping you get swimming as well..sitting out enjoying sounds of the birds and looking at the new growth in the gardens is sure to make you feel better..sending prayers along with the hugs..

"M" very disappointing for sure! $100 gift certificate to make up for it is nice but if you didn't like it in the first place when would you use it..it will either be out of business shortly or will have better staff..if experienced staff then you just might get to use the certificate.

Lorna's parent will feel right at home re weather..what a dreary weekend..did not get anything accomplished..ok to say a zillion things need done inside but just the dark gloomy rain day tires you out and nothing gets done.

best I get back to craft room cleaning..lots going byebye

Victoria Harbour, ON

In error, I had started a new link not realizing "m" had started one..will post 2 post from other link onto this one

"M" posted

Almost missed the move over ..

Am up to my neck in entertaining, find it tiring, but satisfying ..
Weather has been good, but, construction and repairs on the washouts are impeading travel . many detours to take .. makes the ride into the city a bit more interesting ..

Off to bed .. have been up since 5am .. and .. another early day tomorrow.

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan posted

Take a look at this child prodigy's heavenly paintings, and don't forget to view the video at the end!
http://www.shangralafamilyfun.com/prodigy.html

Victoria Harbour, ON

"m" don't you be overdoing..take some r and r for yourself. Are they there for a week?
Although it was sunny early this morning it drizzled most of the day and calling for the same for next few days....

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - thanks for "moving" me over! Geeze - I never even realized there were 2 new threads from 1 ......... lol on me!

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" posted

Another day down and another lunch and dinner .. tomorrow I get a day off from cooking .. the dogs need to be taken in to be groomed, so Lorna will stay here with her parents and Gord and I will take Lilly and Piper in .. I have some shopping to do .. then we'll pick up Swiss Chalet for supper ... YAY !!!

Still hearing many heart wrenching stories re the flood and properties lost in basements .. makes us give thanks we only lost our driveway and some of the veg garden !!

Hope all are well

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hoorah for the no cooking..nice that Lorna has one on one time with her parents...after such happening makes you appreciative that you didn't have more severe damage.

dr's office called this afternoon, I go for chest X-ray tomorrow morning then get to pick up narcotics..am not to drive tomorrow so get to stay home, perhaps I can get the lawn cut although they said do nothing and see how my body reacts to it..highly addictive, me who won't take prescriptions half the time, doubtful I'll take such potent drugs for more than a few days

Bingo night, wouldn't mind winning. Lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - I thought you posted on another site something like:
Dr said not to do any crafting......" so if no crafting/sewing, then no mowing lawn!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Gee willikwers Susan, Ann just left and I was saying all I'd do tipo morrow and grass got scratched OFF my list..here didn't you do same..old mother hens. Lol

Well, Ann left some fisherman cough candies for me, even they taste good! Lol

No winnings at t.v. Bingo, but Ann did manage to get to one.

Carol, how was your day?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Wow Betty - was SUPER to speak to you on Skype!! Now that we're experts......... LOL "tell me another story" eh? LOL

Carol - are you resting? Hope you're eating well............ Got any pics of your blooming garden? I'll bet the rains did it some good!! Boy, do we Calgarians love precipitation...... we get so little of it for so long that when we get it, we get it with a vengance lol

Betty, am thinking perhaps the doctor ordered a narcotic cough medicine? The most popular is CoActifed .. powerful stuff, and, it WILL knock ya on yer fanny the first few times .. but .. the cough suppressant in it (codeine) will stop your cough.

Been up for awhile .. Lorna, too, has a loose cough .. not a nagging one, and, because she is an ALLERGY person, we're not sure if it might be that ... all I know is it sounds horrible, and, the doc she saw on Monday (a hemotologist) was ONLY interested in her lab results and would not address her chest issue .. am hoping we don't have to go to a walk in clinic ..

One dog has been up and out, just waiting for PRINCESS Lilly to waken and say good morning to her Kingdom ^_^
She NEVER gets up before 7am

Have a good day everyone

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hope Lorna's cough is quickly fixable..........

btw - there were 4 tornadoes in the Calgary area last night - one in NW Calgary (I live in NE, so was safe from them), and the Thunderstorms were loud and bright, but the RAIN was something awful!! It leaked a bit above our furnace (we don't have a basement, so it's on the main, and only, floor). We also had a leak in a doorway in the middle of our home. Bob's going to have to get up on the roof and figure out where it's leaking........
BUT we don't have it Near as bad as some of our neighbours......... One (Kay) has actual holes in her roof, but she asked Bob to fix it at the end of June because she doesn't have the funds until then. I have to call her at work to see how she fared - she's the Church secretary. I'll wait until 10am to call another friend (Margaret) who Bob is going to work on leaks for - he had to do some other work for Kay before he could do Margaret's - she asked for him to do her leaks before mid-June...........cuz that's when the rains usually hit, but we had Torrential rain last night/this morning......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats and more drats, driving home from hospital it was sunshine..walked into hospital and right out, only person there..made a sandwich as I had no breakfast, got gardening rags on, outside, did no more than 5 minutes of work and rain..was excited about having the day to play in gardens seeng as it rained all last weekend, it would have been catch up but no go!

"M" the syrup is. Hycodan (hydro condone bitartrate). Lordy, first time I had to give drivers license and sign for meds..makes me a little apprehensive to take it. let's hope Lorna doesn't have to do the emerge..my doctor had said over past few mo ths just something you have to put up with..finally I said no go, not fair to all around me having to listen! Alright as LNG as you don't talk but when your job entails talking, what to you do??

That is all Lorna would need, get sick while her parents are visiting!!

We sure did learn to take tornadoes seriously as we get hit a lot more often..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - these are drugs that the pharmacy needs to make sure aren't abused, so that's why the driver's license....... I know when I take codeine for my cough, they want proof I don't have prescriptions from other pharmacies - Gov't (Big Brother) is watching..........

Marilyn - I almost forgot that Lorna's parents are coming - Sure hope she's better before then. When do they arrive?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Guess they have to safeguard themselves because of abuse. Suzanne will pick me up for work tomorrow. Pharmacy warned me and reminded me what is on the bottle, NO DRIVING and guess if I was in an accident while driving I'd really be responsible even if it were not my fault.

Boy, quite the storm just rolled through..lightning and thunder, sailor is having quite a time because of it!

Susan, Lorna's parents are already in Thunder Bay.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah ok - hope Lorna's doing better............

All is well here .. awful re the weather in Calgary .. what is UP with MA NATURE!! She be ANGRY this spring!!

Lorna has her cough during the night mostly, so, her sleep is broken .. otherwise it's just her voice that's a bit raspy.
The folks are doing well .. I think the gravity of what has happened here in TBay is finally hitting them as they travel the road ways and see the washouts being repaired.
Both parents look good and are still beating us at cards LoL
Having Chinese food tonight .. had Swiss Chalet last night .. nice not to have to cook ^_^

I was surprised with having to 'prove' who I was when picking up a prescription, but, as Susan said, it's a safeguard .. drug abuse seems to be rampant in the Provinces ..

Am attaching a couple of pics .. One is 'The Family' daughter in law is missing as she is the photographer :-)
L-R Brooklyn, Gord, Murray, Austin, Lorna and ME :-) outside the retaurant we had the crummy service at.
Another pic is the Iris.
And who knows if I'll put up anymore .. LoL .. road guys are already hard at it out front .. poor dogs are SUPER UNimpressed !!

Take care

~M~

LOL ... don't know how that pic of Gordon got on here .. taken this past Xmas at a local Greenhouse .. too funny !!!

This message was edited Jun 7, 2012 6:21 AM

Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS Thumbnail by MarilynneS
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yummmmmmmm Chinese & Swiss Chalet - two of my favourites I don't get much of, but it's a treat when I do!!

DIL needs to invest in a tripod and set the camera (it IS digital, right?) to "timer". I think all digital cameras have a timer.
That way she can be in the picture too...

Today seems nice and sunny - a bit cool yet, as it's not even 10 am....

Today @ noon I go for my 2nd interview with an Oil & Gas company for a position as a Project Administrator! Get to meet "the boss". I've done a lot of research on the company, and prayed as hard as I can for the position to be mine........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the photo's..now those two pooches look as though they are ill treated!

I became an auntie today
4 girls 1 boy

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

BEAUTIFUL Betty ... huge smile happening here ^_^

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My 2nd interview went well - this time with the Boss (Bashar) and HR Rep (Dean). Bashar was trying to "trip me up" re: ngineering terminology (I'm not in the industry, so might get depressed when my high expectations aren't met - hogwash! I told him depression is personal, and I don't take these types of things personally, just work harder!). I told him I have an excellent work ethic, and am able to learn at a very fast rate - will study/research!
When Bashar left, Dean said he was "rooting for me", because engineering terminology aside, he thinks I'd be the best match, for technical and personality. They need someone to start Monday, and have 2 other people to interview. Dean is going to talk to Bashar to speak to him about me, and maybe I'll be called in for a 3rd interview. I'll let you know

Victoria Harbour, ON

Let's hope you will be working come Monday Susan!

"M" hoping it's a sunshine day for you and your company today in Thunder Bay..
Will likely take months before all the damage is repaired...

yikes, falling asleep here..shortly heading home, most exciting part of that is we will stop for an icecream cone..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Well, all that rain we had means our lilacs are starting to come out, and everything that likes water is doing better!! Some of our trees are suckering more simply because they got LOTS of rain, so will need to trim them back!!!!!

I need to go over to Marlene & Wilma's place and do some work on their back yard (remember the Park-sized yard I've been working on for the past 2 years? Well, it surely needs some pruning of the clematis!! And Marlene bought some flowers on Sunday that need planting!!) Good thing the City mowed their lawn, and Bob fixed her rain barrel stand!)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi All
Just got my order from Hosta Choice and they look good
Here is their photos

Ok I cant figure out how to do this at work.
Sorry.
Alberta Ann

Thumbnail by annabell52
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

HI Ann!! Not to worry - we'll see them later, when you post from home :-)
My little hostas are doing fine - looks like they bloomed when I wasn't looking LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.