What's Happening in your Neck of the Woods?Chat with friends

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Too bad you didn't get more fishing, Marilyn, but you Did get to relax in the cabin.
Is it as disability accessible as you would hope?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ahhh not good...perfect day here 77 degrees, had rain Monday during the night..calling for more this weekend..so dry, sure do hope it does, everything is so dry..not a good test "M" to see how much you like doing it again

Carol, thinking a lot about you, how are you feeling today?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It's 37F here.... and drizzling.
Staying inside this aft, and doing more job search stuff. This morning went to an Info Session with Befitits and got some info for Bob re: training. Also got some websites to do more search for myself.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Productive day Susan!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Busier for Bob - after we went to the Info Session, he had a job interview (loved his personality, but wanted more "Inside construction experience" than the outside stuff he has), then at 5pm he's going to help our friend Bob pick up something for a job Bob's doing, Then we have Choir practice tonight...... yikes!
Tomorrow Bob will go to Services Canada and see about training for him (MS office programs).

Victoria Harbour, ON

let's hope something becomes of his visit with Service Canada.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hopefully it will benefit both of us........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy birthday joannabanana, hoping it was extra special!
Would help if pressies included gift certificate for a nursery! Lol

Carol, thinking of you!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy Birthday, Joanne!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Went for my CT today - you are supposed to drink about a litre of special fluid in the 2 hours previous - I warned them I could not and in the end only managed about half a cup of my first cup! But they did it any way and tech told me pics were OK.

Tomorrow I have a bone scan ( nuclear) Good news today was that the partial obstruction seen on the X-ray 3 weeks ago has disappeared, CT will confirm or not. Not so good news is I have a significant build up of fluid in my lungs so tomorrow after the scan they will drain my lungs.

Got a pill for my mouth issue as I could not take the suspension they gave me first - just made me throw up!
Hope this works -have to keep inspecting my tongue!

See the oncologist and blood work etc on Monday and they have me booked for a treatment on Tuesday but I dont know what it is or what for - will find out on Monday.

Home care nurse came to see me yesterday - they will visit once a week to check up on me and if I need help with personal care they will arrange that. Nurse is available 24 hours a day every day - reassuring!

Neighbor coming over on Sat to get my new plants in the ground. We have been having a fair bit of rain which we certainly need. The daffodils are all out and I even picked a bunch yesterday.

Thumbnail by fancyvan Thumbnail by fancyvan
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Been MIA for several days. Either gardening or running around doing errands or appointments.

Carol - I'm so glad you were able to connect with someone who may be able to help you. I sure hope things go more smoothly.

Betty wrote

Quoting:
Your trip to Rochester takes you how long? Where do you cross over?

I go straight south from Ottawa and cross at Ogdensburg. It's a lot quieter crossing than the 1000 Islands. Then a stretch on two lane roads, but good ones, over to I81 just north of Watertown. Down I81 to Mexico and cross country from there. Takes about 4 1/2 hours driving time plus stops at the border and for potty stops, etc.

Don't know yet when the wedding will be here in Ottawa and it will be small at city hall.

Victoria Harbour, ON

carol, glad that almost all your health issues are being addressed. Hopefully next week you will feel a lot better and can get outside.your gardens are well edged, Lordy that must have taken yu forever. I do mine by cleaning the edges but I'm sure every year my gardens gain 6"

Viola Ann, I would not have thought it would take that amount of time to travel to Rochester. It would take me about same from here, crossing at Lewiston. Let's hooe the wedding will take p,ace when the gardens are in full bloom for photo's!

Tired tonight..will start new thread n the a.m.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! I had a great day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonderful!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty the front yard beds are edged with small concrete blocks. The back beds are not and I edge them myself about once a year to keep them tidy. And since somebody else cuts my lawn they use an electric edger - I use a manual one - dont like noisy tools.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - I agree with Betty - glad your issues are getting resolved........... is it because your lungs are filled with fluid that you can't drink much? (I don 't know about these things, but wonder if the 2 liquid issues are related somehow?) Make good use of the home care nurse, please......... glad it's available 24/7
Your front garden is lovely!

Joanne - glad you had a good birthday!

VAnn - didn't realize you were going all the way to Mexico! Do you know katiebear in Mexico? Wouldn't it be nice to meet DG'ers there :-) It would be nice if the flowers were in bloom. I understand from katie that they have a water ban so wonder if it would be very brown and dry.........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, feel rain in the air but just incase I have the sprinkler on..think we'll be doing a lot of that seeing as the lawns are starting to brown and hotter weather on its way!

Susan, you are too cute..Viola is crossing over going to Rochester and providing a route..No real Mexico but bet she would lone to go. Lol

Carol, it's no easy job edging gardens but once done gives a neat look to them..I'm almost at the edging stage, 2 gardens edged because I completely revamped them but now there is 11 more to go..not rushing, one garden every once in awhile and eventually the will get done. Brick is a good idea.

Noticed in my walkabout this morning that one of the new shrubs I just bought $24.98 looks as though it's on it's way out..will have to take photo and drop into the nursery Monday morning and see what they say.

Well, need line trimmer cord, stain,mulch and have a 9am Dr's appt so if I get a move on might get all picked up before I meet at nine.

Hope it's a sunshine day n your neck of the woods!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Homeward bound today. Spent the last 2 days indoors reading and watching movies! Last night we had extremely high winds, the cabin just shook, we were some worried as we are the only people here other than the couple who manage the resort!! Sure have seen enough of this rain!!

Belated happy bday Joanne.

Carol, all I can say is I am thinking of you.

Safe travels ViAnn.

Betty, you're busy, as always.

Time to have some brekkie, and head home.. Hoping there are no wash outs .. Actually missing the furries!!!

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - of course I'm cute (lol betcha didn't think I would agree!!)
Viola Ann - didn't know there was a Mexico NY!! Of course it's only 4 1/2 hours from you - THAT part had me confused LOL
veeeery Interesting (Shades of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Artie Johnson) LOL

wait just a doggone minute - I'm Adorable, not just Cute!!! LOL

This message was edited May 25, 2012 10:48 AM

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Flipped us over to this address http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1260821/

Hope everyone makes it ^_^

~M~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.