Show us your Spring Flowers

Mount Laurel, NJ

Such beautiful pictures! Your flowers in are so beautiful. What kind of camera do you have flowAjen? (And you others who posted such beautiful pictures).

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012 8:05 AM

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have a Canon Powershot A650 IS, sometimes the macro annoys me and doesn't focus on what I am pointing directly at, but that's what good about the digital you can check it and if it's not a good pic you delete it right away and take another one

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

We've had two Canon Powershot A something IS,s and very pleased with the color quality on them.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have been away all week and am just catching up. WOW what beautiful pictures everyone. It's spring the most wonderful time!
My yard is just popping with blooms everywhere. I will be starting work tomorrow so I am not sure when I will get to take more pictures but I will as soon as I can.
Question. A few years ago I got a Quince bush from someone in DG. It bloomed for me this year for the first time and it is just beautiful. I is a different color than most of them more peachy in color. My big old one is pretty but very different. I am going to try and see if I have notes on who gave it to me. So the first 2 pics are of the big old one then 2 pictures of the new different colored one.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly, that flower color is definitely unique!! I don't think I ever saw quince flowers of that color. The red ones are also very pretty.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Have some later blooming daffs to show you.

1--These are in my round front bed. KK Hibiscus is in the middle.
Not showing yet...
2--Tahiti Daffodils at the base of my W-Sweet shrub.
3--coeup's Bleeding Heart
4--A couple of my Amaryllis are finally blooming. The one on left are all in the big pot. Six bulbs...
5--My bigger pot (4 stems) of Clivia ready to pop..This one a customer at HD brought me.
He did not want it any more.....Cost me a Hug....

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

We have your quince, holly. It leafed out nicely but I think we need to give it more sun, since there were no blooms. Delighted to see how unusual it will be.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

that those Quinces

Already planning my daff bulb list for the fall

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here's a few spring is here!

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Very pretty! I love the special tulips.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ecnalg, Sorry to say that the Quince I gave you is from the older larger variety. The one in the first 2 pictures.
Maybe next year I will be able to get some pieces of the newer variety started next year.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

We're delighted to have it regardless, Holly. I realized what you were saying about the colors after I replied. Sometimes it just takes me a while.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Some shots from today

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

more

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

and these are what's waking up in one of the fairy gardens
Iris Cristata and hostas

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Our Wisteria is in full bloom and the smell is just ambrosia. Between that and all the phlox the yard smells like a floral design cooler. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

can smell it from here....LOL

aaaahhhh!!!
My Calycanthus is blooming, that smells. And a Burford Holly is surprisingly smelly. No Wisteria mind you!
Got my first Iris bloom today. and my last Daffodils are in bloom.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Wheeeee, I actually have a few pics to share!! =)

Please ignore the fact that the grass needs cut, but my Homestead Purple Verbena are really going to town so far this season. Spreading all over the place, I'm LOVING it! Oh dear, just realized this pic has my little STEELER gnome lying down on the job, yikes!

And, I've got my first blooms on one of my Dr. Ruppel (sp?) Clematises, Yaayy!!

Thumbnail by speediebean Thumbnail by speediebean
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Silene virginica, just getting going.
Dicentra 'Candy Hearts'
Kenilworth Ivy
Penstemon canescens, a wildflower
NOID Geranium

Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Lovely verbena, speedie.

Dave, the Kenilworth Ivy is interesting. I never heard of it before. My mother-in-law lives only a couple of miles away from the Kenilworth castle in England. I wonder if she knows about this plant.

speedie, Lovely despite the grass. I like your curved edges.

greenthumb= I had no idea Silene could be so fancy. Wow that Dicentra. Your noid geranium looks like a match for one I have shared, got from Pinetree as Geranium macrorhyzzum, no cultivar given.

Couple pics to post when the computer cooperates grr

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

amazing what difference one zone is...

here are some new blooms for me
Geranium 'Samobor'>>>>>>Dwarf Iris 'Yippy Skippy'>>>>shade garden under cherry tree canopy>>>>>back end of my berm>>>noid dwarf iris

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

what I thought was Iris Cristata ended up being a dwarf bearded..... weird

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Oh so pretty Jen!!
Winky Pink
Winky Purple
Iris, very old, cv possibly Indian CHief or similar?? Second iris of the year by a day after 'hart's' heritage one.

Thumbnail by sallyg Thumbnail by sallyg Thumbnail by sallyg
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Love the winkys

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Nice pics everyone. I love that noid geranium greenthumb. Ric

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Some new blooms in my beds.....

--Koromo Shukibu azalea
--Pulmonaria
--Wood Hyacinths (Spanish Bluebells) and a mini Iris.
--Euphorbia
--One of my largest Clivias in bloom right now. A couple are done. Two others are in bud.
one hasn't decided what to do yet.....Bringing them outside today later on.

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal

Ric, I have tons of that geranium I can share. Very hardy in my dry shade.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Cool beans, Sal. Ric

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

clematis blooms

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Very cool clematis, juhur7. What is the second one?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I believe It Is enerst markham

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Jen you might have gotten that dwarf bearded from me at last years swap. I know I gave one or two away.
I picked up this vine last year from lowes and it is blooming. Five-Leaf Akebia,
I took several cuttings to see if I can get them to root. I have a feeling that they should root easy as several of the vines that were laying in the grass had roots on them.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I had a few Iris dwarf and tall bearded noids from 3 people you being one of them....I ended up putting all the Iris I hadn't planted yet together in a large pot before planting out so they all got mixed up and didn't know which was from who

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It looks like the one I have. I got a ton of new Dwarf Iris last year from Stildew. Not big enough to divide yet but maybe next year. Most haven't bloomed yet but the Pussycat Pink was the first to bloom and it is just beautiful

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oooo, LOVE that one!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Clematis
Viburnum
Azalea
Brunnera
Primrose

Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville

oooooohhhhhh!!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so pretty

Cristata(thought I planted it on the right side of the fairy garden not the left I need to change my map, LOL)

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.