Show us your Spring Flowers

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thought I would start us off with some of my Daffs.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A few more

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is my earliest blooming Tulips.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow I can't believe you have tulips blooming already!!!
NICE!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Mary Gay Lirette, color changes from yellow to peach

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Odorus Flore and Muscari

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just this one variety it is always a very early bloomer.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OK! Gotta get out there with my camera.....
Don't have too much yet--just Hellebores and Daffodils...

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Holly and Jen, happy that I can see the blooms in someone's garden.

Most of my tulip bulbs were in the furthest garden near the tree line. Animals ate the sprouts and dug up all the bulbs. No more tulips there, ever.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Those #%@#% plant eaters. LOL
Teri, You haven't been home much to see your flowers. But holding babies is much nicer than looking at flowers. No matter how much you love your flowers.
Those critters don't like daffs so you could replace the tulips with them.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry your tulips were eaten :(

from today
Hyacinth(1 of only 2 I have)
Primula
Firespray Tulip

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

We grow a lot of woodland flowers and many of the early ones are white:
Cut-leaf Toothwort
Spring Beauty
Dutchman's Breeches
Bloodroot
Virginia Saxifrage

Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

More white, but not all:
Violets
Large-Flowered Trillium
Virginia Bluebells
Bi-color Bird's Foot Violet
Virginia Wild Ginger - flowers are the maroon cups on the ground.

Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Galanthus
Anmeone blanda 'Blue Shades'
White Bleeding Heart
Pulmonaria
Viola Skippy Plum & Gold

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Very pretty, My Va BB aren't up yet but should be soon. I am sure I got some Ginger at last years swap I will have to look for the flowers. Love the Violets.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Some Narcissus

Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hyacinthus 'Miss Siagon'
Euphorbia amygdaloides
Muscari
Muscari laitfolium

Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99 Thumbnail by greenthumb99
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Some shrubs:
Kerria 'Pleno Flora'
Pieris
Spirea
Azalea
Dogwood

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Very nice!

Pear

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Dave, I also have Kerria in my garden. I planted tow a couple of years ago, but lost the tag and didn't know how to care for them. I am so glad that you posted the pic and the name of this shrub :-). Mine are also blooming beautifully. Mine are the single flower variety. The flowers are not as impressive, but I think the plant form is slightly more compact.

In my garden, the daffodils are pretty much done with blooming. Tulips are in full bloom -- I must have planted early blooming varieties. A few other things such as bruneras, bleeding hearts and dogwoods are only starting to bloom. The flowers are not quite fully open yet.

Here are thermopsis and tulip.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2012 4:44 AM

Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I took some pictures outside yesterday. There is nothing that has not already been shown.
There seems to not be any "depth" to my colors in this series. Could this be b/c I always turn off the flash
and just take the shots under natural light? Maybe the lens stays open a bit longer?

Whatever--I really need to go buy a new camera.....Gita

So--Here are my Hellebores--to start.

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Some other flowers---

Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

A few more...and then--that's all for now....

Mount Laurel, NJ

WOW, gorgeous, beautiful flowers. I enjoyed all the pictures and information. I hope you keep posting more.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so pretty!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

A few from today:

Streptocarpus
Thermopsis
Dogwood
Bleeding Hearts

Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville Thumbnail by donnerville
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOVE LOVE LOVE that dogwood, which variety is it?

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

My goodness such wonderful pictures you guys!!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

FJ, the dogwood is a Florida Rubra. The flowers are smaller than those of the Cherokees, but the color is more red than pink.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I need to get it!!!

Crozet, VA

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Every single picture was mouth drooling good. So sorry I haven't visited before now. I mentioned on another thread yesterday that I will be visiting Greenthumb and his beautiful wife tomorrow and after seeing the pictures of the things I will be feasting my eyes upon, I am even more psysched than before.

I haven't taken a camera out to do much yet, but upon seeing the cute little Bleeding Hearts that are so adorable this year, I need to make note and do it today.

I really cannot remember being as excited about the blooms and the growth I have seen with my plants this year, in years past. They seem to be especially welcome now even though the winter wasn't harsh by any means.

I read a local gardening story in the newspaper earlier and the experts are saying we are three weeks ahead of usual years. Our area has a Dogwood Festival in April, and a spokesperson was saying that by the time of the festival, the Dogwoods will be long gone. Oh well, doesn't look as though we have much power to do anything about that and have to let nature just do its thing, whenever it decides to do and just hope for the best.

Some of the fruit growers were a bit concerned about frost earlier in the week but are saying they believe they will okay now. Peach buds are getting ready to open and bloom, so peaches definitely will be an early season this year.

Thank you Holly for starting this thread and thank you to each of you who have shared some of your lovelies here. Again, all are fantastically beautiful.

Ruby

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Tulips

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Geez what a thread packed full of pretty stuff.

Thanks for reminding me that I have ginger,, and that my Euphorbia is 'amygd...etc.'

donner- I have the single Kerria too and blooming first time now. I like it!

Spirea, azalea and dogwood are NOT yet in bloom here. Thankfully- I don't want to blow the whole spring already. I have redbud; crabapple is done too soon. Big trees are leafing out, I think thats a good two weeks early.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Our shorter shrub-type spirea only has leaves so far, but the tall bridal veil spirea is blooming like crazy. Later blooming daffodils are opening up, and here to share is a pot of blue and white violets. Spring is just the best time!

Thumbnail by ecnalg
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

love that froggy planter, Pat!

violets sure are beautiful weeds....Gita

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Gita. He called my name louder and louder last year from a local garden center.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Nice pics everyone! Still seems like a luxury to see multi photos in one post.

Especially enjoyed your woodland wild flowers. David. As a kid I always found the first Spring wild flower
Love Spring Beauties and miss dogtooth violets and trillium , really, all of them!

Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup Thumbnail by coleup
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Judy---

The Bleeding Heart you gave me at Sally's (2010 plant Swap)--you came--but could not make the Swap---
Has done great. As it came up this spring--every day I looked at it--it had doubled in height. Truly!

Now it is about to bloom--still growing....It is beautiful! Thank you so much!

Not sure--but did I give you seeds from this very same "Bleeding Heart" at Jill's Swap that you did not attend this year?
I thought I passed them on to whomever was going to mail you all the seeds. They may have been in your "goody bag"...
They were from the original B.H. you gave me. There were seed pods allover it...
I let them mature--and saved the seeds....

I sure hope you can make it to Holly's Plant Swap. We all would like to see you!

Happy Easter to you!!!! Gita

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love the cute violet, I saw the same variety on the side of the road while taking a walk the other day

From today

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

More beautiful pictures! Coleup. especially your ferns and bleeding hearts together, classic! My white bleeding heart is up also, thanks coleup.
I love dogtooth violets and have not seen one since playing in the woods as a preteen/tween. Well, maybe I did see one at Patapsco river park last year...or the leaves at least.

And oops my dogwoods ARE starting to bloom, I'm glad the chill will slow them down. But not glad that is seems too cold to play in the garden. Or it was yesterday, brr!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.