4th Annual Windchime Swap!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg what a terrible thing to happen..thank the Lord nobody was injured or worse!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

A man here in Iowa was just convicted of vehicular homicide- He went THROUGH the house from the back to the front. The house owner, a 70 something year old woman, was in the living room and he dragged her with him. She passed away out in the front yard. :(
You were VERY lucky!

Susie, I hope you join us- you know you need another windchime LOL

I've seen a few, but I want to find something that is different/unusual but what my buddy would love!

Speaking of hints- everyone please go back to your original post and add a little something about what you like- wood, bamboo, metal, big, small, a certain color, a certain theme, whatever! That will give your buddy a place to start :)

thanks!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

i want to join but our town just dose not have any windchimes that jump out at ya saying choose me unless it is a $40. chime that i cannot afford to invest in . so When i get to The city btw now & the 25th & find one then i will sign up . have a great day to all.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Susie, check your $$ stores, or wal mart.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm on my way out to Barrie, going to the garden center, omg they always have such pretties, soooo, if I see something even though I do not know my buddies preference, will have to pick it up..

On the run!

I HAVE & they just do not have anything i want to share maybe i shouldn't be so fussy but i want to send a nice.
chime. i ask sharon at our local ace garden center about the chimes theirs will be in Next week so i will check out what they get in:)
i Found all kinds of things for our froggie swap :)

well have to go back later
susie

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susie, bought a chime at the Garden Gallery and saw many froggies just wanting to jump into my cart..

If once I get my name the chime doesn't seem appropriate I'll keep it for myself and go in search of another.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Two days to go before we get our chimer's name.....yeah!

Susie, you might check online too- once you have your buddy's name, then you could search for it that way.. just a thought :)

By the way, if you don't have your address in the address book here on DG, please dmail me your address so that I'll have it when I start dmailing buddy names.

Can't wait .. I'm doing it in a way that I won't know in advance who has me or who I'll have until the names get pulled.

Edited to add: I'm such a dork-- I don't think I've said anything about what I would like for my chimes LOL!! I love deep tones, for the outside, wood or metal, I love teal, green, blue, and themed ones are fun (but not necessary!)

So in other words.. any chime at all ^_^

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 5:55 PM

Well I Walked into the New garden center here in town & They had all types hanging from the ceiling But they were not the chimes they were all just whirles Beauty full but not the out door type they they had Butterflys, Hummingbirds , they are for in the house or maybe on a porch . I will try to go to BATTLE CREEK Saturday to see what I Can fine so

SIGN ME UP :))))

woohoo!! Glad you are joining us :)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Chris......I don't see my name at the top (see my post from February 6). I like the soft sound windchimes and I like the spinners that DeeJay was talking about......butterflies, hummingbirds and dragonflies.

Thanks!

I like beachy stuff and love spinners!!! Love bright collors,,,

The only thing I hate is BAMBOO!!!!! lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh 1 more day then it's name time..sure hope what I already bought will be suitable..

Well LK Ya Done it once again I Found Just the right one it is what I Would love & Now to PRY It Out Of my sight .
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT :))))

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susie, I'll get you, you get me and we will make a pack to keep each our own..like mine as well! Lol

HEHE Ok Betty or you share yours with me i will send you mind :) & Then we won't be Heart broken :) I would worry that customs might not let this through to you .

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm don't have a preference, anything will do.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Name day!!!

TAP TAP TAP

Hummmmm,,,,,, have a shopping cart full of stuff. Waiting for name!!!

OH GEE KRISS YOU MIGHT NEED TO BOXES OR TWO NAMES ;)))) CHRIS CAN PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE OF YOURS ;0 HEHE

SUSIE

LOL,,, I found some goooooood stuff,,,hehe

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

No mail yet. I'm patiently waiting for my buddy's name

Susie, I do that all the time, find something I would like, and the usually buy two, one for me, one for swap buddy!

Chris is at the home and garden show, she will post soon.

Sorry guys- I wound up coming to Iowa City to babysit the grandkids..I'll try to get the names sent out tonight, but if not I'll send them tomorrow. I'm talking one of the grandsons into helping me draw names LOL..

I'll be back in a while. ^_^

Ummmm, well ok,,I guess we will just have to wait,,,,,lol

LOL.. I hear you pouting Kris :)

Gat helped me draw numbers for the names and I'm going to send out dmails right now!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

tap,tap,tap

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got mine, thanks Chris!! Will send it out this week!

Everyone should have their buddy's name by now.. remember to not reveal until you receive yours and please, please, please show us a picture of your chime and tell us who sent it. It's always fun to see the different chimes and gives us a chance to "oooh and ahhh" over them :)

Chimes should be sent no later than Feb 25th - if you run into a snag, you can dmail me in private so that I can let your buddy know you're running a little late.

Thanks and enjoy your shopping or creating! (can't wait to see what Stu makes for his buddy!)

Thanks for the name!

Got my name and nothing I bought will do,, so I am back to square one,,sigh

ROFLMWO!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Checked my swap bud and those I am sending will do nicely..phewwww, that I was going to have to force myself to keep them !

Yeah,, I am keeping all my pretties,,lol, Now to start shopping again.

pssttt.. Elfie..you could always send them my way (big grin)

Chris
I actually do have a thing or two at the old house for you,,,lol
No idea as to when they will fly your way though,,

ohhhh... how sweet and how mean of you LOL!!! But hold onto them.. I may be moving in a few months!

I put an offer in on a house today!! Everyone, please keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me that they accept my offer!! This place is so cute- it's 2 bed, 1 bath with attached garage. Has a fireplace.. the best of all though is that it has a screened in front porch and a 3 season room on the back!! Plus a small yard just begging to have flowers :)

I'm trying to not get my hopes up!! lol.. yeah, right..

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Oh wow Chris that does sound cute. Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.