4th Annual Windchime Swap!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of windchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our fourth annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 10th and I'll send out names on the 11th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :)

The windchimes will need to be sent by February 25th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Reserved for Participants :)

1. Clancampbell - Chris ^_^ Rcvd from WarriorWisdomKathy (Kathy)
2. FOTV - Susan
3. Purpbutfly - Cindy
4. Tater55 - Linda Kay ^_^ Purpbutfly (Cindy)
5. Warriorwisdomkathy - Kathy ^_^ Rcvd from FOTV (Fruitness)
6. jab91864- Julie ^_^ Rcvd from Robynznest (Robin)
7. Crit- Patti ^_^ Rcvd from Bettypauze (Betty)
8. Robynznest - Robin
9. FLstu - Stu
10. Bettypauze - Betty
11. Mud_Elf - Kris
12. Tina_A - Tina
13. deejay9 - Susie ^_^ Rcvd from Crit (Patti)
14. irisluvr0252 - Debbie ^_^ Rcvd from jab91864 (Julie)

This message was edited Feb 29, 2012 6:02 PM

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

I'm IN!!!!!
I love metal, rusted or not, I like country theme, butterflies, frogs, purples, greens

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:29 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Me too!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

HI!!! Count me in too!! I got the perfect yard for breezes too.

If ya look at the pix closely you might see Dorothy and toto. Was 'bout 10 miles from home, whew! Was drivimg to my daughter's house to babysit gkids when I spotted a bunch of people pulled over on the road and couldn't figure out why, till I looked closer, was just a couple of miles south of the hiway. Passed 5 miles south of my home and was glad. Lol.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Wouldn't dare miss this one, Chris :) I like any kind of chimes...tubular, bamboo, glass, metal, you name it.

Wow Kathy, what a scary scene. I take it you aren't interested in becoming a 'storm chaser'.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Fruit... as a kid I used to chase them from a distance, funny what you'll do when your young. I was just driving down the road when I saw this one, needless to say I was very surprised. LOL.

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Count me in, I absolutely love windchimes!!!

Kathy, great pic !! I think I would have been very afraid.

~Julie =0)

Edited per request.... I would prefer outdoor chimes. Other than that I am not picky on theme or color =0)

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 6:59 AM

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I'm in!!!! I love this swap and always look forward to it!!!!! I would like chimes to put outdoors on my deck. I love to hear them chime when the wind blows. I don't have any deep tones, that would be good but not a necessity. Don't care for bamboo.

Patti

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 7:15 PM

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Me too please.

Kathy, I still love to chase them. Got my niece started in it and now she is a meteorologist. I know it was bad for the people, but I think they are beautiful. What I can't get over is look how green that grass is. Wow most of ours is brown and we can't even say the weather is wintery here.

I like anything. I finally got my bamboo and my shell chimes last year. So I'm good to go on anything. If I have to give a preference then I would like one with dragonflies or faires. Even a ground yard decoration is good.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 9:34 AM

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

I'd like to join in. Mine will be hand made to be used indoors or out.

Great start! Thanks everyone and welcome to our newbies :) Can't wait to see what Stu (or do you prefer Stuart?) makes for his buddy- hand made are always fun!

I'm fighting a nasty cold, so if I disappear for a while - talk amongst yourselves and I'll be back soon as I'm human again! lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Chris I'll join in and I'll make arrangements so that my windchimes can be sent to a friend for me. As I know postage is higher to send to Canada..

Crawling out of all the boxes from moving,,,Did I hear windchimes??

Count me in!!!!! lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hey, Kris is alive!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

If anyone was wondering that tornado was in late June or early July, No I'm having a blizzard at the moment. So far 18+", and won't be done til Saturday.

Clan...Sorry I forgot to say what I want,lol. My preference is for outdoor chimes, bat house or butterfly house or mason bee home. And are we allowed to have the chimes mailed from the mailorder business? Still looking for options but thought I'd ask.

I didn't have to babysit today, whew!!! LOL.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 5:52 PM

Evening everyone.

Oh my gosh, Kathy, you're so bad but did get a good chuckle out of your pic. I heard on the news this morning your are is in for 2' of the white stuff. Send me a little bit, like 6" or so. We've only had a dusting of less than 1" all Winter. If we can call it Winter, been wearing shorts and T-shirts off and on this week.

Sending you a warm "Welcome" to our zany group, Stu. Never thought of making chimes before and am intrigued. I do have several that need to be repaired / restrung our strong North winds have done a number on.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

OOOps, sorry I goofed make my pref. outdoor windchimes, I signed up for the bird, bat or butterfly trade, (was trying to combine I guess). lol. Kathy

I would love metal windchimes, thanks.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 6:21 PM

Oh my the lucky person that gets Stu!!! I have seen his birdhouses. Wished he join my swap so I can take him for myself, hee hee ^_^ I want to make my chime also but.............................

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now my creative juices are thinking. Hmmmm

Kathy, I quite understand!! lol.. last year, I went out and saw something for a swap, bought it..then realized I hadn't even signed up for it, so came back home and did just that ^_^

hmmmm...now Cindy has me thinking.. if I 'accidently' get Stu for my buddy.. well, you all know that it was an accident, right??? LOL!

Kris, I wondered if I was going to have to come find you and let you know this swap was going on :) Hope the unpacking is going ok!

OH..Betty, that will be a hard decision.. Stu or you for my buddy.. oh, the possibilities! :)

Maybe we can get Stu to give us some pointers on how to re-string/fix our chimes that we have, Fruity!

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

Cindy, I am going to join the birdhouse swap and plan on repurposing for that one too. For stringing, I use 20lb wire for jewelry making. I do that too, though not as frequently nowdays. It has held up outside on one of my 'chimes' for about 5 yrs now without problems, and that's with a silverware - based chime.

PS.... guess I should add that I would prefer an outdoors chime. Living in Florida, think spring or fall for those of you up north. Believe it or not, no chimes, plants, etc. inside unless it's blooming orchids that I take inside while they bloom. That is, except, for the guest room that has several 'birdhouses' repurposed for window scarf holders and a hanging gourd that was beautifully painted (not by mee) that I re-fit with a wire hanger that I added beads from vintage jewelery to..... it's a bird themed room with vintage Audobon -type prints of hummingbirds and Lories.

This message was edited Feb 4, 2012 7:22 AM

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I would like to be in this swap too. Tina

Stu, that room sounds wonderful.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see pics, if you're willing to share :)

Tina, welcome..I've added you up top!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok, did my shopping today and I'm ready.........Where's my name? LOL!

I almost missed this Chris, Glad to know you would have hunted me up or down since I am in the south....lol I would like out door or indoor,, love beachy type stuff, or anything at all. I need to redo a lot of my chimes too. This last winter was not kind on them!! I might be making one for my swap buddy. Have to see how much time I have to try to get one done.

Well I can finally see some of the rooms now. Apparently everyone decided I needed everything from the old house,,,,sigh. So now I have to repack everything that was going into storage or yard sale or shipping out to DGer's for postage.

If anyone wants some scrap stained glass for $25.00 a box just d-mail me. All the glass will be at least 2 x 2 up to 5 x 7 give or take a 1/2 inch or so... I have about 1500 pounds of glass to get rid of. Each box will have about 20 to 25 pounds of glass,, so please spread the word to your crafty friends.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Chris, I'll dmail you the address that my swap item can be sent to in NY..

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

i'M tHINKING YET :)))

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats Kris, here for the last few weeks I've been deep in stained glass, lamp window panel, modern piece for me and jewelry boxes trying to find glass that's just a tad different and here you are trying to sell glass..wish I was closer to you! Would solve both our problems

Thanks for the tip to use 20 lb wire, Stu. I don't know what I was thinking when I've repaired a few previously, just going with the flow using the same materials the chimes were originally strung on, like nylon cord.

That's a very generous offer, Elfie, and am glad you're getting settled again, despite the snafu's.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm ready to get back into the swaps! Please add me to this one! I've been MIA for the past few months and I need my DG pals! It's been a difficult 4 months with my DFIL being diagnosed with lung cancer, my ex diagnosed with esophagus cancer that has spread to the liver and spine and the kid next door tried to back his dad's manual transmission truck out of their garage (not knowing how to drive a manual transmission) and ran it through our spare bedroom! (picture below). At least we are getting a remodel for the bedroom out of this!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

I picked up my Wind chime for my buddy. DH says "Why do you always buy such pretty ones to give away" lol

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:26 PM

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I picked up 2 windchimes, guess I will have to decide which to keep and which to give away....lol.

still thinking :)

Oh wow iris .... you are lucky he didn't go all the way through the wall!!!!!

I'm trying to remember some of the places I saw wind chimes that weren't where I expected to see them. I ran across some really pretty ones that I was going to go back and price. I'll remember, just takes a while.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

He actually did come all the way through the wall. Knocked the chest of drawers 3-4ft away from the wall and the two top drawers flew out of the chest! Lost a few knick knacks but they are replaceable!

Just lucky you had no one sleeping in that bedroom .

No kidding!

I'm trying to restrain myself from shopping til I get my bud's name, hoping there will be hints to go by.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

That is the room that my DGS sleeps in when he visits! He wasn't here at the time but easily could have been and might have been playing on the floor with his Legos or something. No one hurt and the wall has been fixed...the new siding was put on yesterday and the new carpet will be installed this week. Then we can get the room back together and the house back to more of a 'normal' status!

Got to get to work.....be back later!

WOW .... that is WILD. Praise God your DGS wasn't there!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.