Spring Round Up, Anyone?

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh, quiltygirl I just don't know how you managed it all. Hard enough moving family without having to move animals in the heat.

We bought a foreclosure too, and of course some things we didn't find until we started painting, etc. You are so right about handy folks should buy the houses that need work. DH could do some things, but I really think he should have stayed with his original work, being a carpenter like his dad. You took on a huge move and hope everything goes well for you. Just don't forget about us. (((hugs))))

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad you all arrived safely. Projects just mean it will be more yours when it's done. Hugs

Just popping in to give an update on new baby I've asked prayers for. Baby seems to be doing fine, but has to return to Choc's hospital to have a camera inserted up to her heart to see how it is developing. If it isn't developing she will have to be put on a heart transplant list. She will be returning to the hospital on the 2nd of Aug. My heart is so heavy right now. She has asked for more prayers. I know all the prayer warriors on DG are so great in praying for others.

Thanks all.

Double prayers going her way.

thanks, monkeymomr. I'm trying to put a little joy in my heart by knowing everything will be OK. So many prayers are being said that I feel she will be OK. Will give more info as I receive it.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Yes, of course prayers for the little child of the Lord

It's times like this that faith is the hardest but the most needed. We'll keep praying.

Today was the day, no news yet, but thinking of that little one all day. Will post as soon as I can when I hear how things went at the hospital.

Had to take some books back to the library and was in the gardening and flowers aisles and discovered a book Gardening for Dummies, maybe I should check that one out my next visit. They seem to have Dummie books for every subject. I should have stayed in the library since it was so cool in there and so hot outside. I did find a book that sounded interesting Garden Art with mosaics. Haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but may give me some ideas since I do want to make mosaic things.

Well, the test wasn't done on the 2nd due to the baby's oxygen being too low. The doctors are keeping her over the weekend and hopefully they can do the text first thing next week. Talked to my sister in law and she said the parents sleep in shifts so either one of them is awake while baby sleeps. We need continued prayers for healing. Thanks.

Sad news, our precious baby Brandi passed away today. She put up a good fight, but her little heart and low blood oxygen just couldn't keep going. All the prodding by doctors and nurses are over and she is in Jesus's arms now. Her auntie Nichole posted her picture on Facebook, such a beautiful little doll. I know the grief of losing a child so I'm asking for prayers for healing for all the family.

BTW, I really hate this hot miserable weather and so does my garden. Everything looks so wilted.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Sending our prayers ..... rest in peace little one...

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

So sad for her loved ones, but now she can dance with Jesus with no pain.

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with all of you. There are spirits that Heavenly Father loves and needs so much that he can't stand to be away from them very long. She was on of his special angels. Hugs

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I'm so sorry about little baby Brandi Sami. Oh I did not know about it but she won't suffer on this earth anymore and as quilty said it best she is in the arms of Jesus now.

You know that now that you are in Arizona you can hitch a ride in with Marie Ortis, she goes to our RU's most of the time. The people in the Phoenix area and outlying communities always have plant trades. I don't know how far you are from that area but it is an active area for trades and getting together a few times a year quilty.

We too are buying a BofA bank REO in the mountains of Tehachapi, Ca. We got it for a really good price too. I prayed about this decision and if it was God's will to be able to get a second home as an investment that he would bring us a good deal and the right one and here it is. Our first house is a triple wide on land in a little desert town at the gates of Edward's Air Force Base, home of NASA, where the space shuttle landed in CA. the payment is not too high. The new one is really a cheap payment if we can not get hosed on insurance in a fire area.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Dawn

See my DM to you.
Sylvia

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

No will check it out Syl.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

I started on the SoWest Forum when we were looking to buy ion AZ. Dawn, we felt the Lord 'led' us to this location as the street name is SON Shine. More members are 'in the valley' it seems, but that heat was not even a consideration! I will be watching for their gatherings, guessing after the heat of summer. It will be a new experience having 'winter' and I expect annuals will really men annuals. Doubt I will have petunias blooming all winter. A young man defined this area's seasons yesterday as: 5 months of winter, 1 month of spring, 5 months of summer and 1 month of fall. But it is considered 'mild' 4 seasons. DH in all is wisdom, thought the best new car for us was a Prius because of the gas mileage and he touted it would be a 'free' car, based on gas purchases. Well, yea, if we were doing the same kind of miles as last year when I was driving to USCV almost everyday for a month and we were house hunting over SoCal. We bought it July 1st, against my will, as I KNEW the dirt roads we would need to drive to our house. Only 2 miles of dirt road, but with rocks and dips way beyond what a car 6 inches off the ground can handle. A month later and after being stranded at the house for 2 of the 4 weeks after rain made very deep 'muddles', he admits he should have listened to his wife and we have traded for an AWD Chevy Traverse which I am VERY HAPPY about!!!!!!

Phoenix is 115 miles and we will be making our first trek there on Mon. as DH goes for his one year cancer/urology check up. Actually that will involve to summer trips :( due to the first Dr. visit will be getting established as a patient. USC recommended this Dr. as he meets all the 'special' needs DH has. We have already been well dosed in the local medical community and DH now has 2 cardiologists, a Gen. Surgeon and soon a Neurologist. At the end of July he thought he was having a diverticulitis episode and went to ER. Two days later after being released, they said he had urine infection, gallstones and needed gall bladder out and high heart enzymes indicating he had had a mild (unknown to him) heart attack. So, cardiologist said no surgery until he has angiogram to see what damage. Mon. was angiogram and is cleared for gallbladder surgery. However, by Thursday he still is still 'forgetting' things, common things like pets names. I called hospital and Dr. and they did an MRI yesterday and found he had had a mild stroke during the angiogram - a rare side affect. Next week we will start to address that.

Two weeks ago he wanted to get ANOTHER (we have 11) animal. A mule that needed a new home. I was adamant about NO, NO, NO!! He said 'he' takes care of the livestock. Yes he does, but I AM BACK UP. When he was in hospital I was having to push the wheelbarrow with a dog on a leash being held there by my wrist brace (cast came off), wheeling it through the yard over hills and rocks with the hay in it. I had to get more feed (Prius is NOT friendly to hauling bales of hay) and got a 50# bag of alfalfa pellets, then had to haul it down to next to the corrals and set it up in a covered trash can where horsy poo could not get into it. I do not have a lot of regained strength in fractured wrist arm/hand yet, so most done one handed. NO WE DO NOT NEED MORE ANIMALS.

Oh, quiltygirl, you have so much on your plate, I don't know how you keep going. Glad you have found some good doctors for hubby, he sure has had more than his share of medical problems. Keeping both of you in my prayers. I surely understand your NO NO NO to more animals.

I went to baby Brandi's funeral yesterday, oh my I never expected so many people. It was a good service. The pastor was great and of course we all ask why and he addressed that in such a great way. The had a couple of boards with pictures of that beautiful baby, the short time she had on earth gave a lot of happiness to everyone. She is now sitting in Jesus's lap. I just wish I could help with the grieving of the young parents & 3 yr. old brother.

Don't stay away from us even though you will be gardening in a whole new different way. Sure wish Jules would come on line. I'm beginning to be very concerned about her & family. It's been 3 months since she has posted.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Look Sami I have the same length of seasons here more or less on a given year. I know how to garden in the high temps, crap soil, with bunnies, gophers and Wind. Oh yeah, Caleche soil too. It is done with a lot of tears and failed plants. Honestly though, DG makes it easier to take the losses and enjoy the gains in free trades, seeds and plants.

Will pray for your husband and you.

Dawn

Thank you Dawn, Prayers are always needed.

I learned so much about plants since I started on DG, just can't keep most names straight. Such great members and was thrilled to be able to meet some of them.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey all, where's SW lately?? On vacation??

She posted once since the round up, that makes it 4 months. I'm really concerned about her and family. I just hope they are really busy and nothing is wrong. This dry weather seems to be affecting everyone, poor plants are suffering too. Hemet is a hotter than here, but we didn't get a drop of rain. Sure am looking forward to "Raindrops Falling On My Head". LOL

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I'll give her a call tomorrow

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Came back for followup and physical therapy for my wrist and was surprised how quickly I had forgotten about the dryness here. Everything is just crunchy along the sides of roads and in fields. Fires waiting to happen. Second month of monsoonal rain in north AZ and everything is sooo green. Guess we will by dry on spring.

We did get a little rain today, but not enough to make the plants happy. The rain drops falling on our aluminum awning sounds so good to me. I guess we won't get any more here, but other places got a lot. Hoping it won't be too long before our rains come and stay for a while.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Well everyone, I have good news. DD and I saw SingingWolf yesterday. She is alive and getting well. I was in CA for Dr appts and DD and I spent the day at the beach in Oceanside, coincidently right by their timeshare. I was thinking it might be around the time in September when they were there. Gave her a call and sure enough they came out on the balcony and waived! We talked for about three hours. She has had a go of it recovering from problem with prescription meds but is much better. If I had known I was going to see her I could have brought some DeJongs chocolate milk as she wants to gain weight again.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Linda

So good you got to see Jules, happy for the update!! Hope to see her when she gets home.
BTW please pray for my grand daughter 10 month old Vivian. She was in Kaiser in Fontana for 6 days with a staff infection in her neck. Home now on oral med hopefully to kick rest of infection so she will not have to have a surgery which could possibly cause nerve damage in her face.

Sylvia

I keep checking this thread and so happy to hear SW is on the mend. Meds. can cause so much havic with your system. Thanks quiltygirl for the update. Saying a few extra prayers for her.

Sylvia, sorry to hear about your little granddaughter. I hope and pray the oral med kicks the rest of the infection out of her. So sad to hear when a little one has a medical problem.

My DH is still having problems, don't know if it is partly from the meds he is taking. This hot weather isn't doing him much good. He wants to get some work done but just can't seem to have enough energy to move around. He is due for more blood work so maybe that will tell us something. One big problem is that he doesn't move around and that alone can get you down.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Bad news to post. Back in So Cal near SingingWolf to attend funeral of our 22 yo grandson who was killed in Afghanistan last week. Leaves a wife and 14 mos son. They had a procession from Camp Pendleton to Murrieta with his casket that was very well attended with people on the streets here to pay tribute. He gave his life to protect us!

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Linda.............I am so sad to hear this. What can I say??? One never knows?? Please know that our prayers are with you all. May the love Of our Lord Jesus Christ enfold you all.

Love and heart felt prayers,
Sylvia

Linda, I too am so sad to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Our Lord has another brave man to add to His army. God Bless you all.

Pegi

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Prayers to you quiltygirl for the loss of your grandson.
Please ask if his name can be placed on the Veterans Memorial Wall.
Just last week, I served at the Traveling Wall in Reno. This wall is an 80% duplicate of the Wall In Washington D.C. It is a tribute to all fallen and MIA veterans.
He served our country with Honor. R.I.P. fallen soldier.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Thank you all. Clint is indeed with our Lord, Daddy as he was a believer and I was glad the pastor at the service, who had never met him, was able to give a message of Salvation.

What a great idea about having his name on the wall. From what you said I guess the family needs to initiate that process.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Still in our prayer Linda.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Linda,
My sincere condolences to your family on the loss of your grandson, Clint.
Words cannot express my sadness. He was so young, and so willing to serve our country.
Menifee has a memorial wall for our Vets. I believe it costs some money to get your loved one's name on it. I can do some checking if you are interested.
If not how about I grow an oak tree for him and plant it on our farm to join the others?
He'll be in good company with Lori Piestewa, and Robert Dokka's trees.
Just let me know.
Hugs for all of your family.
WIB~
SingingWolf

Jules, planting an oak tree for Linda's grandson is such a wonderful idea! Your heart is always in the right place.

Hope you are feeling a lot better, we need to hear from you more often.

Samigal

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh, Jules the oak tree sounds fabulous and I could direct his parents and brother there too as they are all in Murrieta.

The DCH Auto Group in Temecula (they have that memorial on the hillside alongside the fwy "One Nation Under God") had a memorial service on Friday. His parents and wife were in NC for the memorial service at Clint's base.
http://blog.pe.com/john-hunneman/2012/11/16/hunneman-ceremony-honors-fallen-murrieta-soldier/

The Governor flew an American flag dedicated to him over their capitol building. It does my heart good to see all these services honoring him and others who have fallen for our country. We seem not to hear or be aware of these honorings unless we knew of the soldier. Too bad these are not more highly visible.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Lynda

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll be planting an oak tree for him. Probably along the creek by the oak I planted for Lori Piestewa. His tree will be in good company. : - )
I am very glad that he was honored by so many folks. It helps to know that people care when you are grieving.
WIB~
SW

I'm just popping in to wish all a very Healthy and happy New Year. Praying that 2013 will be good to all of us.

Hugs,
Pegi

Jules, I hope you are much better with the start of the new year. Hope all our gardening friends are in good health and of course looking forward to spring planting. I have buds on my brugs, must be the cooler weater and that wonderful rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.