What's happening in your neck of the woods .. 2012 :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, clear day out there , oooh isn't it groundhog day?? He will have bit of trouble saying early spring when we have not had winter yet

Now look at you cooking for so many people, ambitious..one thing about cooking for "me, myself and I" is you can't go wrong! Lol
I'm with you, there should be a lessor billing amount for them to give results over telephone..perhaps he wants a better look at his work..sure hooe you've a good report.

"M" here is hoping you keep well, been a long time coming

Waving to all..
Got to run, gab later

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Wiarton Willie, Billie Balzac, and Manitoba Merv all say "Early Spring", NOT 6 more weeks of winter!!
The Weatherman said "because they haven't had winter in the Great Lakes area - will they even notice?" LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Had my last chemo of 3rd cycle yesterday. 3 more cycles to go assuming no changes. Just heading out to have a CT scan to see how things are going but probably wont know results until next visit with oncologist on 14th.
Started going to aquasize last week - I can really tell I have not exercised much - am quite tired and stiff that evening and next day.

Nanny of a couple of neighbors children brought them over yesterday to deliver something to me. The older girl was at the door, the nanny and younger were down on the lawn - she read my note about not visiting if you have a cold!
So I answered the door and Mia stood there with something in her hands and never spoke to me just nodded her head yes or n to questions. . She had a get well card and a big container of hamburger soup and then she pulled a little stone out of her pocket for me! And off they went. The dogs stood behind the gate barking their heads off. Mia is very allergic so she cant go near them. After I shut the door I realized why she was so speechless( normally you cant shut her up). Of course I was bald ( don't wear a hat in the house) and didn't have my teeth in. Wonder what she told her mom!

Victoria Harbour, ON

just spit up my coughing at your description lol
I'm sure by their kindness they are aware of chemo process
Hope great reports come back for you..

Soup sounds yummy!!!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Awwwwww ... keep little Mia's stone close Carol, am thinking it's a gift given from the heart . .. nothing better than that.
As for your appearance, like Betty, I had a chuckle too .. how many of us have answered the door looking, shall we say, LESS than dressed to impress LoL, I have a meter reader story I could share but am not up to writing lots today.

Still draggin my butt here .. feel good for a couple of hours, then, BLAH !! AND, I haven't said much to y'all, but, I am still grousing with the right hip :-(
My best friend Jo, has me wearing something called an 'ACTI PATCH' http://www.actipatch.ca/
The one I wear is cinched around my middle and the 'magnetic field' sits over my trochanter (hip ball and socket joint area) .. she says hers has been a godsend to her and her unrelenting back pain and shoulder pain, and, honestly, I am in awe of the way she moves SO easily these days !
Any port in a storm I guess ^_^

As for the dental issue .. PERFECTO :-)

Sun is shining and I do think I am going to do a brief driveway walk .. long driveway .. Lorna is wanting fresh air as well ..

Take care all

~M~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol, thanks for the chuckle I too would have lost my coffee with that description. I think she has given you a worry stone, very sweet. Aquasize is a super way to get exercise and get in shape for gardening. Was thinking that would be a good thing to do however I am much better at procrastination so most likely won't start till the spring and then the garening will take over my life for a bit.
Decided yesterday that my Weeping Tolofsons juniper needed so protection so sprayed it with that stuff , wilt proof. The weather is so wacky that I'm worried about winter kill with it. Sounds funny but I do miss the snow.

Sounds like the rest of you are on the mend or at least getting around. It's very nice here for Feb so if the "comes in like a lamb" thing is true we are in for some trouble at the end of Feb.
Bye for now
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Went out for chinese, boss's treat, had the chills, bit of a sore throad, mini heater on..sure hope I'm not catching something..

"M" you can't say you haven't tried everything to rid yourself of aches/pains..lordy girl things just got to get better.

Ohhh AlbertaAnn, forgot about that old addage, was just like a spring day yesterday which means we're in for a storm at the end of the month..leap year isn't it..maybe it will miss us all.

Normally I don't work on Fridays but boss (BIL) gave me a few things to do seeing they are all off to jamaica Sunday and I'll be working from home until the 14th so couldn't very well say I want Friday off right? lol

Put this on another thread Susan, while out for lunch Jeff (my youngest) called, checked e-mails and he e-mailed the following:

Just wanted to let you know I sent back that USB key to Susan in Calgary today (just got the USB on Tuesday from Paul)

Will go out in the mail from the office today and would expect her to get over the next few days or early next week. Has full instructions and 2700+ books.

X0X0

Off to a meeting at 1:30, will call later when I get a chance.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well Mia's parents would be aware-they saw me at a Xmas party with my wig on but I don't know if the kids would have known - Mia is about 5 1/2 years old, Emma is just 3 so even if she was told it must have been a bit of a shock. I am going to call her Mom this evening to thank her and ask!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LOL Carol - good thing I hadn't had my coffee - I was just about to take a sip when I read your post LOL
What a sweet gesture on their part - and thoughtful of them to not be near you when one has a cold!
Enjoy the soup!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well yesterday I finally did something I have planned since before Xmas- went clothes shopping! Good thing I waited too because much better sales. I like to shop at Laura - started in their plus size section years ago, now in regular and occasionally petit - and there is a shop near me with all 3 sections. I usually just roam around and find a couple of things I like then I chat with the sales lady and let her bring me things she thinks will work. Makes clothes shopping a bit more bearable. Anyway I ended up with 2 pair of pants- something to wear instead of jeans and 2 blouses and 2 sweater tops. Seem to have a lot of blue.There was a nice blue cardigan with that blue/brown print blouse but I did not like the fit. The striped top has some subtle purple and so does one of the pants so looks good together The pants are being shortened. Incredible how sizes vary. The plain blue blouse is a 14 - I tried on a slightly different style/color and we went up to XXL and it was still too small! Some of the sweaters are much longer than I really like but that seems to be the style this year!

My nose is still a bit stuffy and drippy and this morning my throat is a bit sore. Hope this is not developing into a full blown cold - this is my 'week off' !

Dog groomer coming this morning to do Bailey and Abby - she sets up in my back porch. Need to get her to trim Sassy's nails too.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the brighter of the blues..nothing like getting new clothes to make you feel better!

Wonderful that you have someone coming in to do the dogs..maybe this week I'll take Sailor for her nails..she gets hers done far more often than I do! Maybe if you baby the coal with meds and rest you will beat it before its full blown.

Seems I get just enough of sneezing etc not to be bedridden but just enough to make me miserable!

Gee whizz was going to have a quiet day at home,

Called Cathy and went to town..picked a granite countertop and zinc for my washroom,
Got back into town and out to Anglican Church for soup and hot rolls..home but 10 minutes and Ann dropped in, tea and butter tarts. Lol. Then off to another church for Valentines day tea (which included games)

Was to go with Ann to town but I was later than expected and she wasn't home when I went to pick her up sooo home I am till about 5 then off to the legion for fish fry..winterfest in town..by the time 7 comes am sure I'll be ready for bed.. It's late March weather here, barely any snow..mild..snowmobile went in the lake last night..even ice fishing being considered iffy..keeps this up and I'll be gardening in April..

Lovely purchases Carol, like all the tops .. enjoy wearing them :)

Minimally busy day herre. Thanks to hydro it seems my weekends are filled with laundry!!!

Bright and sunny day, many warnings re going out on local lakes to ice fish ..

Still not 100%. I,d say about 70%

TTFN

M

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Lovely collection of clothes, Carol! The sizes would depend on which country made 'em, of course.
Not a lot of countries understand the "Canada Standard Size" concept.... YOU? an XXL? LOL Don't make me laugh!!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, feels great working from home today

Bit on the windy side, no snow, actually looking out the window here I see more grass than snow..imagine being concerned o snow when normally fed up by now..know we'll pay for it in another season!

Don't,imagine the telephones will be too busy today but I've been wrong before....

Playing with stained glass and just mellowing out..

Girls come tomorrow for a belated Christmas luncheon and painting day..that will keep me out of mischief.

How about you all, anything special going on?? Other than of course those of you who are ailing and should be resting!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol
You look great in Blue so I bet that purple will complement your eyes as well. Yes it's a good time to shop for clothes. Tons of sales out there , if you like to shop. From that perspective we are in the same boat as I really dislike shopping too.

Another nice day here and now I'm really worried about the non blanketed plants as I think they will be really struggleing and then they won't have any moisture at all for the summer.
Alberta Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A skiff of snow this morning but most of it disappearing.,

Have not had any snow on the flower beds for weeks, even a lot of the leaf cover has blown off. Not sure what is going to happen!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hate to think how may plants/shrubs will not survive the winter..imagine,mthe prosper under snow and -40 but so not fare well in this weather.

Been playing all day with a SG window done in random pattern with globs and leftover glass, thought as there is no matching I'd be done the insert..nope, takes longer than one would think..could be that I got busy with the telephones..Pity I have to answer them lol

Good morning ..

Back to the frigid temps here .. knew it wouldn't last, but, it was nice while it did.

Teeth situation is way under control, hip situation is EXTREMELY slow in resloving itself. See the doc tomorrow and am requesting physio therapy for a bit .

Off to find an ice pack .. then onward HO to Toyota to have an oil change

TTFN

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I stepped out to get the paper off the step this morning and glanced around - still dark - and spotted this fellow sitting on one of the rocks in the flower bed. He did not move and I went back in and got the camera and got this shot - he took off right after the camera flashed. Not uncommon to see them around ,, especially noticeable in the dark.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2012 8:39 AM

Thumbnail by fancyvan
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

awwwwwwwwww fuzzy bunny! We see those all the time at our church - lots of grassed areas, so they look for tender shoots to eat...
When we leave the church and it's pitch dark, it's not unusual to see 2-3 of them trying to figure out which way my car is going and playing "Dodge the headlights" with us. I always drive very slowly, but there are 2 turns, so they get confused. It's funny (only because we Don't hit any.....)
Carol - I guess you get a lot of the fuzzy bunnies? They're staying white.............

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes lots around here - they are always white.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

always? I thought they got brown ears, etc...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well they are usually moving pretty fast when I seem them but my impression is these particular ones rare always white

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ours, by the church, are not skittish - they sit inside the chain-link fence and look out at everyone. No one bothers them there. It's only when they're at the side of the building, by the lane, that they go zipping around lol

You have WABBITS, and I have MICE!!! And I am attaching a pic of what the mechanic brought out to show me what he found when he was changing my oil. today !!
Seems we have some busy wee beasties in our garage who are hiding their winter STASH in my heater fan motor, and a few other places as well !!!
Thank heaven for extended warranties because the corn in the pic was only the 'tip of the iceberg' !!

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg "m" what damage those little suckers can do! Yikes, lucky you caught it before more damage was done.. I know I have a mouse and the 2 kitties know I have a mouse but neither seem to hunt it.

Girls were talking this morning that a baby bear was found all huddled and frozen on the ice...guess Midland OSPCA took it, fed it, doctored it and made a place for it to hibernate..guess poor darling thought it was spring.

Started yesterday with super duper headache..today all the girls came over for painting/sewing and pizza..I was so freezing, can't get warm..imagine I'm coming down with something!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I usually have mice in the house in the winter but it has been so mild this year no sign of them. I do put mice poison out in the back of the shed ( a couple of times I have mistakenly left containers of grass seed on the shelves - what a mess!) but can never get in there to check until spring as it is full of stored summer stuff.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

omgoodness, Marilyn!! Those little "suckers" can chew through cables and such, too!

Carol - I'm so glad we haven't had mice since we moved to Calgary.......... had a Horrible winter with them in 2005, in Winnipeg though. They used to run all over the house, and loved to climb up the back of our fridge and in our cubbyhole under the stairs by our kitchen ewwwwwwwwwww!!!! filthy little &^%$$))!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh my, Marilynne. Amazing what those little beasts have done.

Have concluded that it was both mice AND chipmunks .. sprayed the engine with
diluted peppermint oil yesterday .. we'll see if that works.

Not so nice news at my docs yesterday :(
He 'welcomed me' to the 'Busted nurses club' !! Seems I am looking at a hip replacement (down the road) and, my back is pretty much affected by osteoarthritis as well.
I will try physio first though.

A balmy -35C here this morning!!
Lilly's 5th birthday :)

TTFN

M

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, temps have dropped here as well, calling for snow and blowing sometimes tonight and through the weekend..didn't pay a whole lot of attention seeing they haven't been accurate all winter!

Ok gals, which of you sent me the head cold..drats, sniveling and headache not good..today I'll play with my stained glass piece, nap a bit..glad am working from home! Lordy this week went quickly, sure wish they would have booked 2 weeks rather than one..getting to like being home.

"M". Sorry to hear the news wasn't better..think you were expecting much the same news were you not?

Happy birthday Lilly..oh my seems like yesterday you were picking her up

Susan, "d" day, hope good news is in the offing!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -36c?????? YIKES!!
so, I now know a "busted nurse" - well, at least it wasn't a cop that "busted" you LOL

Well, last day at Alstom, and left on Very Good terms. One of the new guys gave me a lead on a job, and that company is very interested - I just sent them my resume & cover letter for an Executive Ass't position.
AND more good news - Bob sent his resume to a co last night, and they called him in for an interview Mon @ 10am! They like that he's forklift certified!
It's an employment "boom" in Calgary right now........
Keep us in your T&P, please

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, coffee and fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies..hope the taste as good as they smell, have a few...

Susan, sure hooe both the lead and the interview pan out..doubtful I could work on at a temp service, going from place to place for several months, meeting people then moving on!

About 2" of light snow fell yesterday, lordy was shovellingmand it was like feathers.

All my housework is done for the day, dusting, floors washed and now play time until 10 when I of to the community center for a craft show..want some homemade soap that my Dil's girlfriend makes and sells, a new scarf with bobbles then have to wait until noon when the stained glass studio opens..she made an error in bevels needed, need 8 more so I can finish the project I started on the weekend..that ought to take care of today..tomorrow it will be sew/sew /sew..trying to finish a lot of unfinished projects before my returning to work Tuesday...

Hoping to work from home Friday seeing its a long weekend..family day on Monday..few short weeks then already into March and we will be talking spring and gardening..bet some of you are already there??.

Was talking with Sharon my sister, she is off to NYC for Westminster Dog show..Inuk won 3 years running, she says it's highly unlikely she can get a 4th year..here is hoping..believe Inuk is competing at 10-10:30 monday morning..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1242119/

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 11:25 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.