Lilies blooming this summer

Merino, Australia

Beautiful Anthony.
Mine are all starting to open now. One flower at a time. I'll take a few pics as they open.
Love that color on Orange Art. Pity mine was not what I bought, but at least I now have 2 Nettys Pride, which are pretty.
Jean.

Brisbane, Australia

Orange Art is truly a piece of art, Anthony. Hope you find out the name of that other one, as it is lovely too.

Karen

barmera, Australia

This is "Triumphator" one of the new ones that I got. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Vic, Australia

I love Lilium’s
Mine are all in buds, but still quite a while away from flowering.
Where do people buy there bulbs from, mine are mostly catalogue ones from Garden express, Tesselaar, and Broersen.

Vic, Australia

My "Triumphator" is not far off flowering, it is always the first of the season to flower for me, and it is the hardiest one that I have it flowers every year! And not to mention it has an amazing smell.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Glad you like them.. i have some real shockers to come[and in coming years]..i have been very ill all week[which isnt me]-so i must get some more pics tomorrow-Anthony

Clifton Springs, Australia

Sorry to hear that you haven't been well, Anthony....thought that you were working too hard...
Orange Art is beautiful, so is Triumphator, Colleen...

Don't forget to post your Liliums, Aussie_Flower.
Doesn't matter if there has already been a pic of it...we like to see everybody's.

Anthony might be able to sell you some...he has quite a few...as in hundreds.
Mine are almost out...waiting waiting.

Vic, Australia

Ahhh, I just came back from checking my Lilium’s and a freaking bird has had a go at my "Triumphator". Why would a bird want to eat it? So not fair, I hope it gets a really bad tummy ache from it.

Oh well my next one that has a big bud coming up is 3x “white pixels” which flowers true to type from Tesselaar,

others I have from last years catalogues are 3x “regal lily” from Garden express 2 are true to type and one that is all purple?

3x “muscadet” from Tesselaar which was not the true bulb – got my money back for this one as the company said there supplier made a mistake with the whole batch, Anyway will post pictures for someone to identify.

This years effort for bulb buying was 10 bulbs of “tickled pink” was renamed “tigerwoods” in the next editions catalogue? From Broersen
Can’t wait to see if the flower true to type as I love the speckled oriental lilies.

There are also older ones in the garden, but can’t remember all the names and a few have died from neglect.
I used to have “mero star” and it last flowered with over 10 blooms on one stem then died.

There should be “star gazer” “titanco” “star fighter” “barbaresco” “Acapulco” “narbonne” “royal sunset” “Toronto”
and miniature colours in Asiatic
most of these don’t flower every year as I don’t bother with them.

Thumbnail by aussie_flower
Vic, Australia

pic

Vic, Australia

pic2

Vic, Australia

This unknown one is amazing, heaps of flowers per stem and wonderful fragrance, it has wavy petals and spots, so I am guessing it is an oriental.

All very pretty, A_F the last one is very beautiful....
Put them in pots, you won't neglect them then...and they will repay you with their gorgeous perfume...or colours...
I love the spotty ones....

Aussie-that 'so called' Muscadet was'Le-Reve'- from Tesselar that year ,an absolute abomination of bulbs that year,..,tesselar and broerson are the same company,and i think they will suffer this year with poor service ringing in everybodys memory,.,.mine as well.thats it!!!

Vic, Australia

Many thanks g_whizz
:)
YAY I now have a name for my Lilium.

I think the other flower is called Trumpet Lily 'Pink Perfection'
I have been looking at pictures of different Lilium’s in the trumpet flower type and this name comes up heaps, all the photos range from very light pink to purple.

A nice surprise in the garden anyway.

Oh and I forgot to ask last time – I had 2 lilies last year do something weird.
When I was collecting seeds from the pods 3 seeds had germinated inside.

I planted them out and they died back and this year I have little single leaves up where I planted them, how long does it take to become flowering plants and do they need any special treatment to make them grow better.

Vic, Australia

While I am thinking of lily’s last year I swapped for this lily.
It a Gloriosa superba, a.k.a., flame lily or fire lily.
I thought it would grow like a normal lily, but when my lilium stems had emerged out of the ground this hadn’t, so with curiosity I emptied the pot it was in and found out they grow nothing like lilium bulbs. I have now put them back into 2 different pots as they have multiplied.

Now is this how they are supposed to sprout, I have put the sprouted ones in the way they are growing, and the bulbs are now covered in dirt, but I am sure when I got the plant the bulbs were on the surface.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2011 10:20 PM

http://www.gaygardener.com/gardenspot/bulbs024.phtml

This is an easy to follow site....it explains their funny tubers....I have been growing them for a number of years and never seen the tuber on the surface.....they usually go deep in the pot....
Dianne.

Merino, Australia

Lovely everywhere. Mine are decicing to flower after so long a wait.
The biggest are the older asiatics I moved last year. They are all in the ground and seem to be thriving.
This is the yellow. You can see the amount of buds they have all produced.
I expect all the new liliums from this year will be bigger next year too.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Pink, it will develop a prettier pink as it opens more.
All my older asiatics are nameless from a mixed lot on eBay a few years ago.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

This is a lovely dark red, better than photo shows.
Smaller flower because its one of the newer ones.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

I call this one a pale orange, but its a pretty color and different.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

I like the Asiatics Jean, they are lovely clear colours and strong growing plants....
Your colours are very pretty.
My first will be a yellow...maybe tomorrow?

barmera, Australia

my gold lillium. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
barmera, Australia

and a few Christmas ones are coming now. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Merino, Australia

i love Christmas lilies Colleen. Mine wont grow properly and only ever had one flower in the first year. That was 3 years ago.
Dianne, the asiatics are very pretty. The yellow is so bright out there at the moment on a very dull day.
Anthonys will be surprising him soon too.
Jean.

royal sunset

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Anthony , you heard me mention your name.
That is so lovely.
I have buds on some of the new ones here. Cant wait to see the flowers.

Jean.

You should have it there somewhere,.This is a species-'Concolor v Pulchellum'...waxy red-about the size of a golf ball

This message was edited Nov 26, 2011 9:19 AM

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Still lots to open Anthony, and some that are not going to flower this time. Maybe they need another year to grow.
I will soon see when I eventually turn them all out of the pots when finished.
Jean.

Yes, unfortunately, 'it just happens'..I lost 5 pots of species ,this year,,many dark asiatics and a couple of orientals,.,.---My Candidum opened today[old christmas lily]

Merino, Australia

Anthony, I have a giant coming up among all the lilium pots. I forgot I had put a pot with a Formosa Lily with them. They like to grow and get to around 6'- '7'
I grew these from seed a few years ago and they grew like weeds and quickly too.
Now I have about 8 or so around the place. Flowers nicely too.
last years pic in the shadehouse.
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Formosanum-from seed to bloom in 8 months-they are a good lily, but need to shed seed every year to survive

Merino, Australia

Anthony, I have the Formosas in pots and they just regrow each year like the other liliums. Maybe I'll get seed from the one outside this year.
Jean

Here is my first one, I think it's the same as your's, Jean..
A big strong plant that gets better each year....
It's an Asiatic you said......

Thumbnail by Seachanger

First Crown-Oriental/Asiatic cross

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Vic, Australia

Wow what a bright colour combination!
Heaps of different Lilium’s that I have never seen before.
This is my favourite thread; I love seeing all the Lilium flowers

Merino, Australia

Anthony, thats so beautiful. I love autumn colors.
Jean

The'biggest'-'little' asiatic ive ever seen

Thumbnail by g_whizz

This is a species lilium,'Cernuum' Which reverts back to the base lily, which is responsible for most pendant asiatic lilies-in other words--'its very nice'

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Lovely Anthony. I do like your "little " asiatic.
Jean.

barmera, Australia

Here's "Robina" I really haven't captured the depth of colour. It's a beauty and so large. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.