rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Seedling Regale x Orienpet

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Yum,
Anthony. love the bright yellow.
Jean.

Clifton Springs, Australia

This is the second of those Short stemmed trumpets that were a bit twisted but have a gorgeous perfume..it is much larger than the first and has extra petals....wish I could bottle this perfume...
One of the tiny seedlings from this year has a bud..it's only about 20 cms tall..

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Christchurch, New Zealand

my first lily for the season...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

and this one should be open soon...
the buds are huge.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

What have you been feeding that monster, Teresa.
Looks like being something beautiful
Jean.

I love seeing other peoples lily fortunes,.,.Teresa, that looks to be one 'mean' trumpet in the making,.,.Jean, best put a tick next to the yellow one!! its as rare as rhs, and there are only a few, but i was told to share it, 'for the future'- must admit, i love it too[even though its yellow]

Merino, Australia

Yes Anthony, even though i do love the Asiatics with their bold flowers and strength in standing up to the weather. I always wait for my tigers as I have a soft spot for the reflexed ,spotty ones in any color. They just look so dainty, even though they also do well in any weather.
Jean. .

HMMMMMM!

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

pretty, pretty.....

Jean - I dug in organic matter & the ash from my pellet fire before I planted the lilies, I also feed the roses along there so the lilies probably got the benefit too.

My asiatics are looking good, the seedlings from last year are from one of my RSA regulars who has done a bit of winning with his over the years.

The bulbs I planted are from another RSA member who separated them by colour but not type so they are a mystery mix.
Mum gave me some of her Xmas lilies & I suspect the white one that flowered first might be one of those.
I found another two further up the garden flowering, the rain has been so bad that I hadn't noticed them opening.

It's funny, I tried to plant in groups of 3 but it doesn't look like they are coming up that way.
I swear they must crawl about under the soil until they are where they want to be!

Only time will tell if I have the little pockets of colour I planned or if they will be randomly scattered.

You can plant them 'smack -bang' in the middle of an 18 inch pot, and they will hit the left hand pot wall and come straight up[There is always so much mystery]---Stick with me as we uncover them[to the best of our knowledge]-Its been a big -hot- long day, since 5.30am, and 1 sale to one of my girlfriends, -about 80y/o

These 3 have just opened...the first 2 are seedlings.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2011 7:24 AM

Thumbnail by Seachanger

This one is pretty with it's touch of pink.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

This one is one that you gave me Anthony...I don't think that I fed it enough it's much smaller than last year...It's in a 12ins pot...how much should I feed it.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

3 square meals a day, 1 including steak and spuds!!!--No,-dont be worrying about size from year to year,there are a myriad of equations as to why something differs from year to year.YOU!!!!!! look to be doing absolutely fine,[and i can hear everybody else saying''yes'']...That 1st seedling is a gold eagle cross[aurelien]...2nd looks to be a picotee trumpet--in about 2 yrs, you will have 'trees' of them....very well done!!Massive storm here this arvo, the loudest lightning 'cracks' i've ever heard,.,.it hit something 'tin' very close by,.,.thunder ,rain,hail and wind included,.,.some lily damage, but i lidded up most of my seed boxes b4 the worst,.,.,.a big christmas tree sized 'robina' broke a stalk with the rain weight,.Ive got orienpets opening, so a lot were carried into the garage,.,.smells ""LOVELY"" here-Anthony

This message was edited Dec 19, 2011 3:21 PM

Merino, Australia

Anthony, look at this lovely one. It has no label so must be from a mixed lot I bought on eBay last year.
It is so spotty, I love it.
There is another with a smaller flower that has quite thick petals. I think it was misformed. I will wait until another bud opens and get a pic.
I brushed the pollen from some of the liliums while getting a photo and the stuff stuck to me and stained the skin. I had to wash my hands twice to get it off. No wonder it sticks to the bees.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Beautiful Jean, another good spotty.
That pollen is the very devil if it gets on your clothes...
Liliums are great pollen providers aren't they...
Lots of pollen laden bees around today, the sun has only just broken thru...
This is the outside of the one with a touch of pink...
Very strong colour.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

The bug has got you ,Dianne,.,.easy removal for pollen is -vaccy cleaner,new paintbrush, or a blusher brush [i carry mine with me all the time],,,but never wet or rub at it

What colour blusher, do you need your brush for Anthony....natural?...lol

Merino, Australia

Dianne, you should know that Anthony uses a blush color to match his string bikini...lol
Jean.

''Off Skintone''

Merino, Australia

Anthony, I just found a new lilium. It looks the same as the L. longiflorum I have, but is in a different place. Be lovely to have it out for Christmas.

Hope you are not wearing that string bikini in the cold. you'll have all the liliums scared to death.

Jean.

my big lily has two flowers open tonight :)
looks like the one we call Xmas lily here.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Anthony - do you think it is Regale?

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

Lovely , Teresa.

Teresa, they are looking great, so are the Penstemons alongside, very pretty...

Teresa-Regale Trumpet Lily,for sure,.,.,.Christmas Lily, with a smell to die for,..,it looks beautiful[ and, i can smell it here--- in my garage]

A christmas lily-- Longiflorum-=and what a beauty, on christmas day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Beautiful , Anthony.
Mine opened on Christmas day too.

Hope you had a great day.
Jean.

that Longiflorum is so lovely!
Does it have a greenish hue along the backs of the petals?
If so then I think I know what the other Xmas lily I have seen is...
at Johnson's the Grocer in town he had a big bunch of white lilies on his counter, they weren't like my Regale which is pink along the back of the petals & the fragrance was lovely bit slightly different.
And speaking of Xmas lilies - we arrived home late after spending Xmas day with family & spotted a pretty new bloom.
Had to wait until it was light today to get pics.
Pretty colours & now I am even more excited to see what the rest are like :)

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Thats -Royal Sunset,,,everyone comments on how beautiful they are,.,.,..,The longiflorum has a light tinge of green on the back--But-----you also have 'Formosanum' which is similar, but a bit more slender ,with a darkened hue on the back[smells lemony]

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Anthony - definitely not a lemony scent to the mystery lilies & they were very like the Regale in size & shape.
Thanks for the id on my pretty new lily, I wasn't expecting it to be a named variety.

This one is beautiful

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Is that one of your seedlings Anthony?

Merino, Australia

Very pretty, Anthony.
Mine are just about done now . The Tiger buds are starting to turn orange now, so I will have a pretty show for the New Year.
Jean.

Its a, R-Mcnamara orienpet-reverse colourings on these are incredible

Thumbnail by g_whizz

But this is one of my seedlings Dianne-It stopped me in my tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a couple more'puckering up'-for tomorrow maybe?

This message was edited Dec 27, 2011 4:56 PM

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Trumpet with long yellow furrows

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.