Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Lilies blooming this summer, 1 by aussie_flower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright aussie_flower

In reply to: Lilies blooming this summer

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Lilies blooming this summer
aussie_flower wrote:
Ahhh, I just came back from checking my Lilium’s and a freaking bird has had a go at my "Triumphator". Why would a bird want to eat it? So not fair, I hope it gets a really bad tummy ache from it.

Oh well my next one that has a big bud coming up is 3x “white pixels” which flowers true to type from Tesselaar,

others I have from last years catalogues are 3x “regal lily” from Garden express 2 are true to type and one that is all purple?

3x “muscadet” from Tesselaar which was not the true bulb – got my money back for this one as the company said there supplier made a mistake with the whole batch, Anyway will post pictures for someone to identify.

This years effort for bulb buying was 10 bulbs of “tickled pink” was renamed “tigerwoods” in the next editions catalogue? From Broersen
Can’t wait to see if the flower true to type as I love the speckled oriental lilies.

There are also older ones in the garden, but can’t remember all the names and a few have died from neglect.
I used to have “mero star” and it last flowered with over 10 blooms on one stem then died.

There should be “star gazer” “titanco” “star fighter” “barbaresco” “Acapulco” “narbonne” “royal sunset” “Toronto”
and miniature colours in Asiatic
most of these don’t flower every year as I don’t bother with them.