Lilies blooming this summer

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

I know there are some 'very good' lilium growers here in Australia and i would love to see what you have,.,. dont worry if its not named,all the followers here will endeavour to ID it,.happy showing!!!

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Clifton Springs, Australia

Anthony, how could you put up that beautiful Lilium and not tell us what it is?
It's gorgeous.

Does it smell sweet ? very pretty ! Anthony.

I always called it 'pink expression', but i looked on a database and its not..Ah well, its still very pretty...and Chrissy, it smells sweeter than a candy store!!

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Hobart, Australia

Good to be back Anthony. Your near neighbour Cerahipp

Do you recognise those blooms Colin?-Glenbrook prize 2011

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Graffiti-bloomed today

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Croydon, Australia(Zone 9a)

wow very beautiful blooms there especially Graffiti

Merino, Australia

Anthony, look at what I found.
It is only about 8"tall but the flower is quite large for the poor little plant. Hopefully full size next year..
Your very pretty.. lilium longiflorum "Matrix"
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Heres a better pic of the misnamed bulb. It definitely looks like Nettys Pride to me . Quite pretty and still small this year due to a small bulb, I presume.
Wont be buying any more on eBay .
Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Jean, matrix is usually my 1st bloom,.,.but not this year,.,.it wont get any taller, trust me,.,.as Nettys Pride, wont get any bigger.. thats how it is..it will just get more flowers,..,i've got 2 flowers on 'nettys pride' today,i walked past it 6 times, then all of a sudden, 'oh my god, look at that'-stunning!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia

Another thread with glorious flowers. Anthony, I've been looking forward to this one. I don't grow liliums, but I do love to look at them. That Netty's Pride is amazing.

Karen

Keep your eyes glued Karen-it only gets better,.,.there are lilies in my yard that 'no one' has seen, not even me,..,thats the exciting bit

Merino, Australia

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

We are all waiting Anthony........

Yes we are.....

Anthony ...I need your advice ...I have done a swap with a wonderful grower who insists on sending me one of his treasures.
I have no real experience with these plants, I am nervous ! any hints
He is sending me one of these (it is his own picture)
http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/tips184.htm
GULP !!!!

I would go a mix of perlite and a quality orchid mix,.,.40% humidity -hmmm,..,at least the growing instructions are clear and the plant quality looks brilliant-go for it!!!!

Merino, Australia

Chrissy, I'm absolutely positive that Dianne and I could look after it for you. LOL.. 6 months here and 6 months there.
We would send you progress pics. Giggle , giggle.
Where are you Dianne ?? You would help look after it wouldnt you ?
Jean.

barmera, Australia

Chrissy has he any for sale? I would love one. Colleen

Merino, Australia

Get in line Colleen giggle giggle....

It is so beautiful Chrissy.

I am really worried because these things are quite rare. The gentleman (who posted it today) is a collector ...I don't know if he sells them. I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted.
The reason for my worry Anthony, is the heat, I think they require much cooler conditions. Would they be ok in fairly heavy shade until the weather cools down ? it hit 40C here with hot drying wind, so if I put it in a very sheltered shady situation do you think it will survive ?, you can imagine how awful I would feel if my thumb suddenly turned brown. GULP.

Much cooler conditions you say Chrissy, that's just what Jean and I can give it....Lol

Six months here and six months there...and pics for you....

I just read the growing conditions and I'm sure that you could manage them...just watch out for the woman from the north.....she likes a challenge....though you might be safe it doesn't say that it's scented..lol
Beautiful thing Chrissy, good luck with it.

Here are some companions for it when it comes here for 6 mnths.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2011 5:48 PM

Thumbnail by Seachanger

Noel just contacted me and told me what to do, also told me not to get indigestion worrying about it ^_^
he said to enjoy it and not to worry.
What a nice guy.
Wow.
Gonna try my very best !

Most plants can live on 1 to 1 1/2 hrs of sunlight a day[usually the morning sun is best,.,.[plant doctors swear by it]-but keeping up the humidity is going to be your task,.,.i have a friend who grows related species in a big sunroom facing north-- he wins and he loses- thats what growing is all about, but i saw a dark red, almost purple there on sunday, that really sat me down to take a 2nd look,,.it was incredible,..,also,you should investigate the 'clay hydroponic balls' as a growing medium,-they are similar to volcanic rock and popular with orchid growers

This message was edited Nov 14, 2011 3:03 PM

Brisbane, Australia

Oh, wow, Chrissy, it is such a stunner. Maybe when it grows and reproduces you could send us some.

Karen

I just love Optimists ^_^ let me get it to live first ...*trembling in my boots*
I remember my hands shaking when my first American Brug seeds arrived.
I felt excited and terrified at the same time. I was so frightened I might kill what was a dream.
Well keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.
Leaving this thread now ...sorry Anthony I didn't mean to change the subject, thanks so much for your input.

barmera, Australia

Chrissy, they have your Hippy on E-bay at the moment. The bidding is at $51 at the moment. Colleen

If thats the case, then, some of us are rich people!!Tomorrow, i hop[e to have 'pink giant' in bloom,,.i purchased 5[not so cheap bulbs] as they were bred by the famous 'Leslie Woodriff''also a lily name!! and anything she ever touched,turned to gold,.,.so i will keep 1 for myself[by the sound of that wind outside, i may not even have 1] terrible,.,.how stupid to have extreme winds at this time of the year,.,.maybe the weather gods have been eating 'baked beans'

This message was edited Nov 15, 2011 3:31 PM

Anthony sorry to bother you again but the other thing I received was this,
Do I treat it the same as the ordinary one ?
It looks beautiful.
http://floridagardener.com/pom/RedCrinum.jpg

Merino, Australia

Chrissy.... WOW....
You had better make sure the new place is biiiggg.
Jean.

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Hi Anthony! Your Tigers and others are doing fine here, just about to bloom up.

Here are some "yellows" mixed with day lilies.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
Merino, Australia

A beautiful orange Asiatic out . lots more buds on the plant. I just had to get a pic of the first one.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Anthony, this is the first of an unnamed mixed lot I bought on eBay last year.
It is a lovely dark red.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Wayne Carter thank you for contacting me,.., i sold you a dud!!!!-The so called 'Davidii' is not-It is a Henryi-lemon strain.,.I only stumbled across the error, in enquiries last Friday,.,.Sorry!- but you will still have a very rare lilium..

Chrissy- i dont know!!- Jean/Wayne, some good lookin blooms there!!

Pink Giant has bloomed, but its not Pink Giant-Now the hunt begins to see where i brought it from!!

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Isn't that frustrating, Anthony...wait all that time and it isn't the one that you bought..
I had a look at Pink Giant, it's a lovely ''spotty"
Mind you that's not a bad one....but you did pay $'s for Pink Giant.

Merino, Australia

Grrrrrrr,
I know the feeling of finding that something is not what you bought.
Jean.

Orange Art

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Christchurch, New Zealand

wow Orange Art is a stunner!
My lilies are getting there, the flowers are bigger now, a few more weeks should see them opening, can't wait!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.