What's Happening in your neck of the woods? Come chat....

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Is that all the time to eat the pumpkin pie? LOL
How miserable for Kerry, and for the 100+ people who are waiting to speak to someone about their prosthesis!!I do hope that Kerry's going to do better soon (for his sake, of course) and get out of the hospital!!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

LoL Susan .. took 15 minutes to put the pie together ... haven't eaten any of it .. yet ^_^

Wishing Kerry all the best for sure, he is probably the world's worst patient as he is 'energy personified' .. if he is to lay flat and be on bed rest .. well .. he'll be very UNhappy .. plus he is SO dedicated to his clients ..

Wonder how Carol is doing .. hope she made it back to Calgary OK ..

Off to whip up some supper .. already have the desert LoL

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I heard that Carol's back. She posted some pictures, too!

I came home to find my DH had gotten some dinner bought for him, and he brought leftovers home - so I enjoyed fried chicken and potato wedgies! Always nice when I don't have to cook after a long day at work!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I'm not doing well at keeping up with all of you, but I DID finish up the Germany pictures today - uploaded the final ones and finished all the captions. So unless I find errors to change (let me know if you see typos), they are all done.

Need to get to bed. Tomorrow is an early aquafit day.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ann - do you have a link to the pics?

http://violaann.smugmug.com/Travel/Germany-2011/19643233_pL2...
Susan .. this is the link to ViAnn's photos.
Hmmmmmmmm .. must have missed Carol's pics. Did she have a link or a seperate thread?

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all,

Hmmm saying gas is going up this morning, who would have ever guessed!
Dreary day forecasted, sure glad all this rain isn't snow or we would surely be snowed in.

I should have put the phones to my house last night, just realized Suzanne will not be in today or tomorrow, makes for a long and boring day being with me/myself and I. Do have sewing on the Christmas blanket before class Saturday..be glad to get this one done so I know what to do with the other 2.

Susan, are you finding it difficult settling in, sometimes upper management think because they have hired competent staff that they know the in's and outs of their business..don't take on more duties than within reason, nip it in the bud..sometimes not wise to let them in on all your attributes. I remember when I first started working at a firm, one of the boses wanted me out, she knew I knew more than she and her job was in jeopardy if decision makers fou d out, I'd be on top...she was right, she ended up working for me but it was not a good situation. Are there others in your department?

"m" wish you best of luck with your endeavors of getting better services.

Ann, off to continue my adventure!

Got to rn

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Marilynne. I didn't put the link in because it was farther up in the same thread, but I didn't realize HOW far up.

BRrrrrrrr .. YIKERS ... can actually say THIS morning is by far the coldest we have had all season .. am not 100% sure, but think it's -7C. I'm sitting near the woodstove, so right now 'COLD" is kind of abstract ^_^

Betty I do think you'll find it a long day .. but .. the sewing will help. I sometimes wish I had the ability and patience for crafting, but I simply don't. I used to cross stitch .. keep thinking I should go back to it ...

Susan .. Betty has a good point .. do your job, do it well, but always keep a few things 'secret' so to speak. Bosses WILL load you up to OVER LOAD if they feel they can get away with it. Just hope you're enjoying the work.

Not sure what today will bring, I know the plumber is coming around 5pm or 6 to instal the taps in the ensuite bathroom and replace the piping under the kitchen sink .. find it an odd time for him to come, but I do believe it's because he lives out this way, we're his last stop before home.

Off to make a cuppa .. stay well and safe all ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Listened to your weather forecast this morning "M" didn't sound too promising..was bright on my way in, no sooner hit Barrie it clouded over, more rain to come..

I have my micro furnace on here at the office, am sure they turn the heat down evenings and weekends..

Quite comfy, white hot chocolate and berry bagel from Timmies, quilt sitting on lap as I work on it, one could almost fall asleep...hard day at the office it is.

Jeff and Julie will be dropping in on their way home, spent weekend looking at Chalets in Collingwood, both skiiers.Hope their visit happens at lunch time lol

He called last night for me to bring the laptop and 3 e-readers I have as Christmas gifts, he'll download with 1,000 or so books and then I can wrap them and have them ready for under the tree..don't panic, not putting my tree up yet..lol

Go to Buffalo next weekend and week after that so Nov.19th will likely be decorating day. Hopefully on Sunday if its nice out I'd like to get the outdoor lights set in place so I'm not doing it and freezing my fingers

So much to do

"M" you'll be glad to see the plumbing behind you..see that my kitchen zinc is dribbling a bit, must get someone in as well.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

brrrr here too - it's -3 yikers on your -7 ~M~

1. Boss told me on first day he wants me to say "no" on extra work I don't have time for. He wants someone mature enough to be able to do that.
2. It's my regular job that others are assuming that they've told me about and they haven't explained it. So here I am, trying to do a part of my job that they said "Jacqueline used to be able to do it with our instruction" Their instruction is to "issue this" with my having no idea of the process, just the concept! I said to one fellow "sure, I'll issue it to your MIL, ok?" he laughed, but Did Not Get The Concept of what I was saying.

I asked the boss to come by my desk so I can explain what I'm obviously missing in my instruction. I'm not dumb, obviously, but cannot pull things out of the air - I'm not That intuitive!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I am here and just lurking.
Not doing much of anything, sort of tired all the time. Think that anti-depressant is not working!

The dogs were home when I got in and then I picked up Sassy on Sat morning so all back to normal.

Had a couple of hard frosts while I was away so all the flowers are finished. A friend coming tomorrow and we will clean up the front yard. Need to finish digging potatoes and some root veggies too.

This is me with one of my dog friends ( she used to foster here in Calgary) and her dog plus the 3 that belong to our hostess ( another sheltie rescue type!)

Thumbnail by fancyvan
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Welcome back, Carol!
Good pic of you 6! Wow - that's a lot of dog!! Great that you got to meet up with your friend. Why in the world would she want to leave Calgary for TO???? lol just kidding - to each their own, eh?
Sorry you're not feeling up to par yet.- you've been taking these meds for about a month now, right? I remember you saying your Dr "upped" them once. Here's hoping they settle into working for you.

Carol .. love the pic .. ^_^

Sharing one of my own now .. another one of my Granddaughter, Brooklyn, in costume at the HAUNTED HOUSE .. I take she and my son are having a wonderful time scaring people !!

Plumber due anytime now, and I haven't been feeling very well for about an hour .. go figger .. just feel 'punk' :-(

TTFN

~M~

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 5:59 PM

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hope you feel better soon, Marilyn

Thanks Susan, I went to bed straight away after hte plumber left .. up now as I still feel ishy .. am sure it will pass ... today and tomorrow are my LAST 2 days of physio .. hallelujah ..
Nice and warm here by the wood stove .. think I may 'nod off' here for a bit ^_^

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

enjoy the wood stove, ~M~. It sounds nice and toasty warm!
Are you doing any crafting while you're resting?

LOL .. only crafting I was doing was trying to maybe 'witchcraft myself to sleep LoL .. and it worked for an hour, then I went back to bed and attempted to grab a couple of hours more sleep.

ONE MORE PHYSIO appt left !! The I go on a 'maintenance program'. I'll go once a week or, one every 2 weeks for exercises and heat packs, stretching and assessing. Works for me ..

Went to my 96yr old Aunties for lunch .. gosh .. I had told her NO FUSS .. but .. she had her table set with her good china, finger sandwiches and dainties .. she is such a pistol !!!

Off to make supper

TTFN

~M~

As MORK would say ... 'SHALZBAT' .. we've had ANOTHER death in the family .. a cousin who has had Parkinsons for approx 3 years .. the death was unexpected, to us. Apparently 'Lorraine' had been hospitalized on Monday and passed Tuesday .. funeral is tomorrow . She is Gord's first cousin.

One good thing .. I am DONE physio .. YAY !!!!!!

Awesome day .. sunny, can't beat that ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

"M" condolences, guess we are in the age group that many are passing on, doesn't make it easier does it?
Are you feeling that much better that you don't think you should continue..been a long road to recovery.

Colder than old heck here..brrr time for fireplace on in the evenings..always nice to look at but I so miss my wood stove, nothing like hearing the crackling of a fire ..have been purchasing the candles that has the crackling wick, so enjoyable.

Haven't been up to par of late, hoping tonight I have enough energy to be able to work on halloween costume..they take sooo much work..likely this will be the last year then I'll be gripping that I've no little ones to make costumes for..remind me of that next year won't you! Did get results from the Doctor's office, say my iron is quite high, made appt. for Tuesday afternoon see what he comes up with.

So laughing at your reference to 'crafting' lol

Enjoying your day Susan? you are now on your second week right?

Carole, what a fantastic photo..one to frame for sure..how are you feeling, meds helping at all?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Shalzbat, indeed!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes Betty - 2nd week, and SOME of it becoming crystal clear, while other things are muddy as heck!
I just have to have patience with myself, but it's difficult when Neil's out of the office because of sickness in the family and I can't get in touch with him.
There is a "fire" I need to put out re: a file he uploaded to a website, and it's not visible to a person who needs it....

Victoria Harbour, ON

It will take time Susan, best learn a thing a day then try to cram it all in a day.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I know, Betty - believe me I Know
I know that everyone here realizes I'm an "intense" person and go overboard on things. I just don't want to make potentially disasterous mistakes that loses a project for the company, and that IS a possibility......
It's the type of work I do - Document Control for a company that sends out bids on tenders. It's a very 'dog eat dog' type of world - not in my part of it, but it's a high stress job for a lot of people, and trying not to get dragged into that, yet help at the same time. It's a "catch 22" kinda thing......

Up early (what else is new) Want to make some sandwiches to take to the 'after do' of the funeral.
Am thinking it's pretty chilly out, the dogs haven't even stirred from the beds they're parked on .. actually a good thing as
Mr (or Ms) Skunk is out in their enclosure having a look around :-(
Sure don't need to be bathng dogs this morning.

Susan .. I guess all you can do with your job is 'think first, then act' .. high stress areas are the worst to work in .. been there .. at the time I loved the fast pace, but YEOWZA did I burn out quickly !!

Off to shelll eggs ...

TGIF

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good Mornring, everyrone! I'm thinking I will just give myself TIME.

Just popped in for a sec - cya all L8tr!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all, going to be calling it a night..cool outside but clear!

Worked at home today and on the jester costume, slow going with this aching body. I can barely lift my arm so final pieces of costume must wait until tomorrow. Won't be doing much this weekend, last weekend to rest for 5 weeks..nov 4-11 and Dec 3 in buffalo, nov 19 it's Markham craft show 5 buildings of art/craft nov.26th..family crafts and get together..yikes, only a few weeks after that the ho ho comes..shaking my head, not sure how my calendar got so booked up

"m" don't ever remember so many skunks

Susan, surely they can't have given you such high priority jobs after only two weeks that could cause you to err and miss out on a contract..id be terrified!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm not doing the Tenders/Bids, but I do have to file them electronically and then post them on another company website.

Bob & I are dressing up tonight for a Hallowe'en party at our community pub. I'm a vampire, and he's the Grim Reaper
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you enjoyed your evening Susan, nice getting out for a change..hope there are no hangovers. Lol

ACHOO!! Sniff, sniff snoggle BLEAH !! Trying to think back to where I was 3 days ago (physio, using equipment) think someone 'donated ' a head cold to me .. I am SO pleased .. N O T !!!
I really am not THAT bad .. am thinking all the vitamins I take may stave off a really bad bout with it. Won't be visiting my Hospice client for a bit.

Funeral was gymongous .. a flurry of people .. and too many hymns for my scratchy throat to handle .. Amazing Grace did me in and I hummed ..
Ya know, you hate to say that a funeral was pleasant, but, it was. Re connecting with family and friends that you haven't seen in years is good for the soul. I left the funeral home smiling, thinking my cousin would have been happy for that.

Dreary to the MAX here today .. rainy and cool .. must be PRE winter huh ^_^
Am toying with the idea of taking the dogs 'shopping' .. PetValu has opened a new store .. HUGE .. and Piper needs a new collar AND, my best friend has talked me into getting him a seat belt .. he has ZERO car manners .. and I am quite nervous about him 'doing his SUPERMAN' imitation one day when I open the SUV door .. as in .. he jumps out at a great speed !!!! Jo says the seat belts are very efffective, and, kind ..
Carol .. have you had anything to do with them ?

Think I'll make myself another lemon tea ..

Hope everyone has a great weekend

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Marilyn yes I used a harness on Bailey years ago but abandoned it once he and others learned car manners. You might also consider putting the dogs in crates in the car. The dog is really safer in crate or with a harness since if you have to slam on the brakes the dog if not secured becomes a projectile.In my Saturn I used to have a mesh across the back of the front seats as a barrier but it did not go up to the ceiling so there was still that gap big enough for a small body!

My dogs learnt a WAIT command early on and they never jump out of the car until they are told. I always also have leashes on them in the car so when they do jump out the leash is already in my hand.

. If I have a foster who needs crating the leash is on and outside the crate so it is in my hand before I open the crate door. Also sometimes I have a belt on and the leash is put on the belt so m y hands are free before I open the crate door.

I almost killed a dog once at off leash parking lot when a lady opened her car door and her border collie jumped out and raced across the lot in front of me! I was a park volunteer at the time and when I saw her later in the park I had a good chat with her about teaching dogs to wait when you open the car door.My first words to her were do you realize I almost killed your dog? I think she got the idea!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

my goodness Carol - to think how close she came to letting her dog get killed! Yes, the WAIT command is a good one that (not being a dog owner) I wouldn't think of, but I would think dog owners should think about, and USE!

Betty - only had one beer myself, and Bob had to drink his with a straw, due to his facial costume lol
I'll post pics now - here's Bob - at a cuddly 6'3" he really looks the part lol

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

A friend of ours, Doug, said "you really clean up good!" lol silly man!
This b me!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's our friend Doug - his pants match his vest - have a full pic of him later on

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Party goers

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Doncha just love this little werewolf?!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Coooooo-kie Monster!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Witchy momma is holding piglet - so cute!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's piglet again

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Judging contest - Doug is one of the 4 contestants

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.