What's Happening in your neck of the woods? Come chat....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well the weight lost was pretty much all fluid!
I was able to eat the mashed potatoes and dressing and gravy with a bit of turkey- tasted great, first 'proper' meal for several days.
Two of the dogs go to my dog walkers and Sassy will go to another foster home. My neighbor Marie comes in and feeds the cat and socializes with him a bit.
Sure hope it does not rain- my brother just emailed me he and daughter want to drive me out and see fall colors- they are both great photographers.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Here's hoping it will be nice..this weekend , had you not been I'll would have been the perfect weekend, couldn't have gotten any better. Regardless, you'll enjoy spending time with your brother and niece. You know the weathermen, they've been known to be wrong! Lots of pre prep when you have animals!
Sure hope you are feeling better.

Calling it a night!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

sorry to hear you were sick, Carol - nasty thing, food poisoning!
You have wonderful neighbours - bringing you Thanksgiving dinner :-)

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Carol .. I sure hope you're feeling better by Wednesday. Think perhaps an immodium before you board the plane might not be a bad idea, just in case !!

Susan .. how did your dinner go in so far as having enough space? It was such an awesome day here yesterday .. well .. folks could have eaten outside I'm sure . Gotta be in for some crummy weather soon ..

Busy week coming up .. best get a good look, as opposed to a fleeting glance, at the calendar ..

Have a great day

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks M. I use Immodium on a regular daily basis anyway but it does not seem to have had much effect on the current problem. In any case I seem to be 'drying up' Only up once last night, had a good sleep ( with a little help) and feel pretty good this morning.

Need to clean out the fridge, get out the garbage ( tomorrow is pick up day) get the dogs packages ready to go, cancel the newspaper and- almost forgot - go get some money!
Dean will pick up Bailey and Abby at noon today, Joan will come this afternoon for Sassy.
Also need to remember to flip over a couple of fountains that have a bit of water in them in case there is a freeze.
Still lots of veggies in the garden so I will send an email to some neighbors to go pick/dig whatever they want.
Time I gave a little thought to what I take with me.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Both of you sound as thought you'll be busy/busy this week..
sure hope Carole you feel better..

on my way to work this a.m.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Sister Sharon asked if you could vote for her American Eskimo dog in this contest...

If you've time, would appreciate it

http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/795

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

beautiful sunrise, Betty! When I come to Jackie's, I go right into the sun and it's Blinding! Today I remembered to put my sunglasses on and it went better.

~M~ there's no way we could have eaten outside in this weather - cold.......
Dinner went beautifully, and one of our guests (Nami) gave us a piano concert afterwards. I think Bob is home doing the dishes lol We got some plates, cutlery, and glasses done, but geeeeeeze there's a lot for bowls, pots, etc etc etc still left. Guest didn't leave until 10, so was up cleaning until 11:30 (Bob took a couple of them home, so I started while he was out).
I'll post pics when I'm home - likely tonight before church board meeting.

Victoria Harbour, ON

looking forward to seeing them Susan...

LoL .. I voted for you sisters dog, and entered our Lilly at the same time ...
Who knows, maybe they'll work TOGETHER !!!

Susan .. even though I used the dishwasher, the pots and pans and bowls all got hand washed .. a chore to be sure ..

LOVE the sunrise pic Betty .. went to the border today to pick up a parcel .. WOW!!! Gorgeous scenic views ..

Take care and travel safe Carol !!

TTFN

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well now 'M' I'll have to visit the site and vote again..lol too funny!

Imagine, it is 74 right now..who would have thunk it..we better not get too cocky because we could have snow before end of month so best we enjoy it while it lasts..say that rain front is moving in this evening, feel badly for Carol

Safe trip Carol..

ahhh, as for dishwashers, if it doesn't fit in the dishwasher then it doesn't have a home here..

I'll have to remember that 'mantra' re dishwashers Betty .. makes perfect sense to me !!

Is it ever FOGGY outside this morning, and, our pleasant temps have been replaced with near seasonal ones, I guess our run of record making temps have gone south with the Geese and the Robins .. ahhh well .. it was to be expected ..

Thanks for voting for Lillly Betty, I have tried to find her pic on there (my goodeness there HAS to be well over 2000 poochies entered) and I can't find her .. luckily I kept the initial email I rec'd and I can vote for her from that link.

Best make a cup of tea before the house starts to officially waken ..

CHEERS

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, Sharon just reminded me to go vote again today
http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/795

off to check on Lilly, they move #'s depending on votes, think Sharon's is 27 today..she had me vote from office computer and ipad.

Guess Carol is at the airport? Sure hope she's feeling better, nothing like visiting when you aren't up to par.
Nice fall day here, rain moves in tonight and 80-90% chance of rain right through to Sunday..40%on Monday..let's hope a front moves in or it rains through the night and during the day its sunshine for her~

Victoria Harbour, ON

If you find Lilly's page can you post the link?

I THINK this is the link for Lilly ... http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/3531
Good gravy there is any and every type of dog imaginable on the site !!!

Thanks for any votes forthcoming ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

They are too adorable...voted!!!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I was going to vote, but the site is down......... will try to remember later, when it's back up and running again!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hmmm wonder if it's partly on blackberry system..most have been down today! Tks Susan!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah well - someone remind me later, and I'll vote lol

Whoa .. talk about a site being 'bogged down' .. guess if it's a testament to anything, it's a testament to how MUCH folks love their dogs !!

So dark in the mornings, FALL BACK day is Nov. 6. After that I'm sure we'll feel that we're in FULL hibernation.

I am guessing Carol got away on her trip .. am hoping she is granted a few nice fall days ..

Off to physio soon, then to see my Hospice client ..

Take care everyone

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Fall day here, hardly a leaf left in my 30 trees...sad to say they are all on my lawn..

Finally stopped procrastinating and have made appt. with my Doctor for tomorrow re my arm..talk about pain!!!
Nothing broken, probably just old age but not taking chances seeing it's my right arm.

Won't be sunshine for Carol in Toronto today nor for the next 3 or 4 days..so glad I've lots to do to keep me busy!!!

Imagine, seems like yesterday we started a new year and talking Christmas now that Thanksgiving is over with..looked at my calendar, I've 3 weekends I'm off the the States for Christmas shopping with the girls, then one with mom and then one with another groups of friends..Really I'm almost done so not sure what I'll be shopping for..oh yes, flannel for mom's rag quilt she wants for Christmas

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi folks!

Made it safely to Toronto, the ride was uneventful, seems my insides are almost back to normal!Pouring rain when I arrived last night, stopped sometime overnight but not nice this morning or wherever it was my DM and DN wanted to go so trip cancelled and other events mean we won't do it. And Ken says the rain probably stripped most of the leaves anyway. Sun did come out and warmed up in afternoon. We are having a lazy day, slept in, went out briefly to Drug Store to pick up a couple of things I forgot to bring with me, had a nap after lunch and now a bit of computer time.
Ken has two funerals to go to tomorrow and Sunday afternoon so I will just stay here reading and watching TV. Dinner with the nieces and their families on Sat.
Miss the dogs !

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glad you made it safe and sound, Carol. Very good that you're almost back to normal with your system! I'll just Bet you miss your dogs!

I hope you have a good time - Calgary will miss you!!!!!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ken is right Carol, leaves are all but gone. With today's rain and tonight's wind it will finish fall color! Hope tomorrow brings you sunshine!

Glad you are feeling better, just don't overdo

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I Got A Job!!
It's sorta a working interview in that it's a "temp to perm". The company is Alstom Grid, Canada and is a bit of a drive, but it's my NE to their SE end of the city. They wanted me to start tomorrow, but I have other committments but they agreed to wait for Monday start. They also agreed to pay me $2/hr more than they first offered, and that is a starting wage. Once they have decided on whether to hire me or not, then I would get a higher wage (hopefully in keeping with my experience and previous wage!)

anyway, I'm happy! Now, to pray for a good job for BOB!!

Congrats Susan, and, best of luck with the new job !!

Betty/Carol .. rain and lots of it here, and .. WIND .. so .. doubtless all the leaves will be history .. good thing I took pics when I did.
Watched a program this evening re the effects 'EL NINA' will have on Canada this winter .. so 'THEY' say .. lots of snow and precip .. temps above normal ..

I;m still getting up at all hours .. I now think it's become habit !
Best try to get back to sleep as I have a busy day Friday ..

TGIF

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thanks ~M~!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know my boys are praying for snow "M" but I'm not..really don't mind if it doesn't start end of October right through to end of March..hoping first snowfall happens mid December...do you put faith in these predictions?

Think it's the change in the weather that has us up all hours of the night..
Raining lightly this morning, winds aren't as high so no damage..dark and dreary..maybe that is why my bones are so achy!

Working from home today except for few hours I'm off to see the doctor, am hoping to get all I need done to finish the 12 quilted panels I need for my sewing class tomorrow!

Laughing here, just realized last 1/2 hr I've been watching Romeo/Juliette cartoons. Lol

Off for coffee, will make you a cup as well

Make mine tea Betty (1/2 tsp of sugar) :-)

Re the weather .. between predictions from the Farmers Almanac, and now all the 'El Nina' stuff .. i think I'll just make sure I'm prepared .. not much else ya can do but go south, which we have thought of, but, we simply could not leave Lilly and Piper and Smokey behind ..

I looked this up .......... A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. While there is much overlap between prediction and forecast, a prediction may be a statement that some outcome is expected, while a forecast may cover a range of possible outcomes.

Think I'll stick with FORECAST .. kinda like the 'covers a range of possible outcomes'.
Best stratedgy is to take it 'one day at a time' I would think.
Temps over the last few years here in the North West have moderated significantly .. yep .. we still get some bone chilling days, but, not WEEKS of them.

Rain (and lots of it) will be the order of the day today .. so .. Umbrellas it is as we venture out to appts. I have a workshop this afternoon .. looking forward to it .. sponsored by 'St Elizabeth Health Care' .. it's actually a 'discussion forum' for care givers looking after a disabled relative/friend in the home .. the researchers want to 'pick our brains' with regards to what kinds of services we'd LIKE to see put in place to help us out .. as well as what kind of education should be offered to someone willing to take on thie task. Should be interesting.

Betty .. TODAY might just be the day I break down and rent 'Gnomeo and Juliette' LoL ... have had it in my hand twice and put it back .. but .. it looks like a sweet movie Lo L .. since tomorrow is 'SWEETEST DAY' .. it might be apropos.

I best get a bustle on ..

Enjoy your day

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

~M~ since when do you wear a bustle? I thought those were things worn in Scarlet O'Hara's days........... are you a Southern Belle? lol

You should see me HUSTLE in my BUSTLE LoL
YEE HAW !!!!!

When I figure skated (before the dinosaurs became extinct) I once had a costume with a BUSTLE .. got my skate blade caught in it, and fell KERSPLAT on the ice .. it was kind of a 'domino effect' as I remember it, and, the BUSTLES went to where all good BUSTLES go .. the SALLY ANN !!!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LOL I can JUST PICTURE IT, Marilynne!!!!

SHARING with you on this cold and blustery night !!

ENJOY, and, DREAM ^_^

http://player.vimeo.com/video/27920977?title=0&%3bbyline=0&%3bportrait=0href=

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone, sun is trying to come out that a plus..had booked private sewing lesson 1:00-4:00 today but Glenda (sewing instructor) had a death in the family so cancelled it is..

Finished last touches to mom's afghan she gave me to put together, dusted, vacuumed and just washed the floors!

Time to head downstairs to finish last loads of towels..did 11 in all seeing I had a flood in the basement, can't figure out what happened there...oh well, dehumidifier is helping as well. I am just grateful I didn't go downstairs last night before going to bed otherwise I might have needed a canoe today.

"m" a lot of rental places allow dogs in Florida..I'm thinking of getting away for 3 weeks at Christmas, hoping to anyway..so if the snow doesn't start until mid Dec and I go 3 weeks, winter should pass quickly..and you are so right, deal with winter one day at a time.

Are you getting this wind??hmmm makes you want to stay in your jammies..

Do have to go out though, MIL 85th birthday, don't know why I'm attending, other than getting right in her face she prefers not to acknowledge me ( all to do with roger's death).. Have a quick run into town first to put flowers on my grandma's grave, it's the 10th anniversary of her death, as she raised me she's more my mom than my mom and then a last stop to pick, pick up corsage for MIL then pick up Sil's and be at steakhouse by 5:00

Should get everything ready to wear so it's a simple dress-up at last minute and will allow me a few hours to play in the sewing room!

"m". I called for Dr's appt Thursday, got in Friday, did tests on Friday..was quite impressed! I know you have lots to offer the health panel.

Susan, guess you are busy getting all in order before you start work on y..bet you are thrilled to be on payroll again..now if Bob can start working before long it will be a happy household!

carol, you've not had the nicest of weather this trip to my. Neck of the woods but hope time spent with your family was enjoyable!

'Busy Bustling Betty' :-) I hope all goes well with the MIL BDay dinner ..

WIND here is ferocious, sunny though, but I am hesitant to venture outside ... MAY go to the dump though ..

Had a cousin in Calgary pass away .. kind of shocked .. she was one of the reasons I became a nurse .. I always looked up to her ..
Susan .. if you see an obit for 'Andrea Flanagan' in your paper .. could you scan it .. or ... sheesh I think I might look it up ONLINE .. doh !!
Funny thing is .. her STEP mom passed 3 days before her, and, they had been estranged since the late 60s .. families huh?

Made a pumpkin pie this morning from the last 2 cups of goop from the pie pumpkin .. really do prefer the fresh pumpkin .. sure hope Gord brings me just ONE more to put away for Xmas.

Poor Lorna .. LoL .. she pressed ?some? button on the Shaw remote, and we have tried and tried to UNDO whatever it was she did .. finally I turned off the TV and UNPLUGGED it .. waited 5 minutes, plugged it back in .. and POOF ... it was ALL good ... sure makes you feel a wee bit dumb sitting there reading the instructions aloud to one another and hoping that ONE of them will be 'the fix' !

I best get a move on ..

Toodles

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear of your cousins passing "M" Difficult when you live so far away from each other and get such news..soft hugs coming your way. Odd how that happens, Mike, was an only child and three days before he died she passed on..however hard is was for Ann and the girls, somehow it made it easier for all..the not having to tell her about Mike!

Technology isn't it grand! Frustrating when all the boys come and hook up their toys then leave and I got to get things back to normal..too many gadgets right? Glad it was an easy fix.,

Now you've made me hungry for pumpkin pie, you've convinced me to take the pumpkin pie I put in the freezer out..will be yummy for evening coffee.

Cannot believe the high winds, sure wish it would blow all my leaves in a pile vs. all over in the yard. Even with. Heat on I can feel the wind almost inside the house. Had so ethnic out to wear tonight but will get something much warmer ..brrr is right!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Marilynnne - here's the link to her obit - I don't get a paper copy of the newspaper - I just Googled her name (comma Calgary) and this is what I got. What a terrific looking lady!

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/412868/Flanagan-Andrea.php

Thanks so much Susan .. Andie was a fabulous person, and an amazing nurse, she'll be missed and that's for sure.

The wind has kept up all day here .. leaves blowin every which a way .. but not OUT of the yard LoL
Temps are so changed from last weekend .. must be Canada LoL

Enjoy your evening everyone

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It sure sounds like she was well-loved, and a very busy and well-travelled lady to be sure!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

In my neck of the woods

Wind Warning
Issued at Saturday, 15 October, 2011 8:28 PM

Very strong winds this evening.
A deepening low pressure system near James Bay is resulting in strong west to southwesterly winds over much of Southern Ontario. The strongest winds are expected to the Lee of Georgian Bay and in the Picton Sandbanks area. In these locales, sustained wind speeds near 60 km/h are likely, with wind gusts reaching 90 km/h at times. Winds will diminish somewhat later tonight, but are expected to remain brisk through Sunday.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.