CLOSED: Come Join us - Fourth Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange !

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

As a friendly reminder to everyone, you need to get your seeds mailed no later than Nov 1st. It's too late to mail them after that as I will not get them in time, and will not hold up the swap waiting on seeds that were mailed after the deadline.

There are still a number of people that I haven't heard from yet, so I would really appreciate if you could update me when you have mailed your seeds.

Thanks a bunch....Heather

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Went out this morning, but only by the Grace of God. We had a unexpected n'oreaster this morning. Got to the po and work just fine, but when I went to leave at 12:15, I managed 6 miles before I did a 360 and ended up in the median. 3 hours later I finally arrived back at my office, thanks to a very nice police officer! Sheesh - talk about a white knuckler - 2 cars crashed around me and a tree fell between my car and the police car, but I am unscather, and as best I can tell, so is the little red Miata (which is resting comfortably in the police officer's friend's driveway!).

Looks like I'll be spending the night at the Retirement Community!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

So glad you're safe Sequee.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Final reminder folks...your seeds must be in the mail by Nov 1st. There are still a number of people on this forum that I have not heard from. I have send a couple of reminder messages to everyone, and would very much appreciate just a quick communication to let me know if you are no longer participating in this swap.....or when you mail your seeds.

Your communication is very important to helping me run this swap smoothly and to avoid unnecessary delays.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks, me too! I went to fetch my car this morning and it looks fine. Whew!

Hope everyine's seeds get there on time. It is really so exciting to see what's in the goodie bag!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Another reminder.....if you haven't already sent it to me, or if it wasn't included when you mailed your seeds.....please make sure you get me your wish lists by Nov 1st. Thanks

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from someone with the initials M.K. (first and last name initials) from Ithaca, NY. I have no idea who you are, as you did not write your member name on a note anywhere in the envelope and have not received any correspondence from anyone that has disclosed this name to me.

Please contact me asap so I can update my records accordingly. I need to be clear on whose seeds I've received and which ones I'm still waiting for.

Thanks

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I still have not received updates from the following members that signed up for this swap:

* gardenquilts
* kurantkat

Folks, I have emailed you on a few occassions reminding you of the deadline (Nov 1st) and asking that you 1) advise me when your seeds have been mailed or 2) tell me you are no longer in this swap. I do not understand why there has been no communication from you on this.. I really do not have time to continue to follow up with numerous participants.

As such, I am not going to wait on your seeds. I have no choice but to assume they are not coming. If you haven't already mailed your seeds, it's too late now. I won't get them in time. If I get any envelopes that are postmarked after today, they will be returned to you, unopened with the original seeds sent back to you. I will not email anyone on this list to advise your envelope was returned, because I'm not even going to open it to find out who it came from. If you sent your envelope by today, I strongly recommend you let me know right away, or I will not wait on your envelope and there will be no seeds left to swap for the ones you sent in.

This same message has been posted in other forums for participants that have not advised me they are still in this swap and have mailed their seeds.

Thanks everyone.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2011 12:22 PM

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

Heather, have you read your D mail? I sent you this message on Oct. 27.
Hi Heather---I want to send you my return money through Paypal but I don't have your email address.
I sent the seeds off today but without the money.
Also, I sent more than 5 packets of 2 varieties. Opps. So, you can either add more from the extras, or keep them or give them. I don't need them back. Thanks
Sue
I also posted here but I probably didn't click send, which sometimes I forget to do.
You should have them before your deadline.
Sue

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Beebonnet, I responded to your email of Oct 27th asking for my email. I've dmailed my email address to you twice now. It should be in your inbasket as it is definitely showing in my "sent" mail. If you need it again, please let me know, otherwise I'll assume you got it ok. I can't post my email publicly on this forum for privacy reasons. Thank you for the confirmation that you sent your seeds. Thank you

This message was edited Nov 2, 2011 5:56 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I just received these bonus seeds to share. I have very limited quantities of these, so first come first serve...you'd better be quick :)

* Charentais Melon (french cantaloupe) - out
* Collective Farm Woman (russian melon) - out
* Ha'Ogen (Israeli melon) - out
* Zolotistaja (Russian melon) - out
* Shi-Li-Hon (Chinese mustard greens) - out

Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Nov 4, 2011 6:16 AM

Long Beach, CA

I sent my packet out 11/1. Thanks, Heather!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Kurantkat,

I'm a little confused. This posting says you mailed nov 1st...I just got a d-mail saying you sent it out today. Can you please clarify? thank you.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

A quick update for everyone....as I'm sure you're very anxious to get your surprise packages back. Once all of the envelopes have been received, I will get started on filling and remailing your "surprise" packages back to you. I'm waiting on 40+ envelopes, and I expect the majority will arrive close to mid November.

I will post updates in this forum when I start remailing envelopes. Please remember...it will likely take a couple of weeks for your envelope to arrive once I've mailed it.

I would really appreciate if you could let me know when your envelope has arrived.

Thanks....Heather

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm sure you'll hear me squeeling all the way in Calgary! (But I'll sign in here, too!)

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i cant wait. the best part, for me, is the surprise of what i will receive. thank you heather, for doing this. it must take tons of time and effort.
kc

Long Beach, CA

Sorry, that was before I went back to work Friday AM after traveling all week. I was rushing and forgot about the customs form, for one thing. I only returned to work yesterday and was told my 'Canada package' was stuck in the mailroom. I sent you a Dmail after I made one more effort to mail it around lunchtime, this time through an actual USPS storefront. They said it should be delivered in 6-8 business days, so I feel it might make it to you by the 15th. As mentioned in both my messages to you, if you receive it after the 11/15th deadline, then I missed the deadline, and that's that. :) I appreciate all the time and effort you put into the trade, and feel bad that I confused you somehow.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "Sequee".

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I received some veggie seeds that a participant has generously donated as bonuses. There are limited quantities of these, so let me know asap if you are interested in anything on this list. First come first serve, and this offer will be posted in all participating forums:

* Cilantro - out
* Cucumber Muncher - out
* Lettuce Grand Rapids - out
* Okra - out
* Radish Round Black Spanish - out
* Spinach Tyee Hybrid - out
* Strawberry - Sweet Fresca - out

I am off to my beloved dentist tonight for my annual checkup so will not be able to post updates on what's "taken" until later tonight. I will go by timestamps on replies. It does not matter if you reply by d-mail or post here.

Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Nov 9, 2011 8:54 AM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i would be interestedin the cilantro. thanks

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Gotcha down for cilantro Risingcreek.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

That's weird Sequee mailed after I did, I guess NY is closer then TX. Lol still didn't take very long. Of course I didn't go through the "wild ride of Mr Toad " to get my seeds to the PO.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

That would be Ms. Toad to you! And, yes, they did get there quickly.

HeHe That's true Im just glad your all right.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "1lisac".

I haven't had a chance to sort through the seeds yet, so I may still need to come back to you if I have any questions.

Thanks.....Heather

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

It's like I can hear the mood music swelling in a movie ... the plot is thickening ... things are approaching the climax ... the tension mounts ...

Corey

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

...JAWS!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "beebonnet".

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "allwild"

Thanks...Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi folks,

I'm still waiting on a few envelopes to arrive and then I'll be able to move forward with filling and remailing envelopes.

I may be delayed in giving you updates on Nov 15th and 16th as I'm running full-day workshops both days, which means I'll be putting in 18 hour work days. If I have any "umph" left when I get home at night...I'll give you an update on envelopes received...if not...you'll hear from me eventually...I promise :)

Meanwhile...a participant was kind enough to donate some Chinese Scarlet/Pumkin tree eggplant to give as bonuses. Let me know asap if interested. Once again..I'll be going by time stamps on responses. First come first serve.

I also have a few cucumber double yield seeds left to give away as bonuses. If you didn't respond to this offer previously, let me know if you want any of these.

Thanks....Heather

I would love to try some of the Chinese Scarlet/Pumpkin tree eggplant along with all the other extras I ve requested.thanks

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

1lisac..gotcha down for a pack.

The Chinese Scarlet/Pumpkin tree eggplant is now gone.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i cant wait for my seeds !!! like a little kid waiting for santa. this is a really great swap thanks for letting me take part !
kc

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Glad you could join us risingcreek.

Didn't receive any envelopes today....hopefully tomorrow.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Do you have a count for how many envelopes are late? Just curious, I'm in no hurry and enjoying the anticipation.

Corey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi everyone,

Have received a couple of envelopes but am still waiting on a few more. meanwhile I am still working away on sorting, researching tomato types so I know who they're suited for and adding to the spreadsheet database so wish lists can be scanned. It will take me a while to get through this, and cross reference have lists, do not want lists, and wish lists.....so thanks for your patience.

I've had a few impatient people contact me already asking why I haven't started mailing envelopes yet (not from this forum of course), so I thought it would be best if I posted an update, so you can have some perspective on what's involved. It would be quick and easy if I just closed my eyes and randomly stuffed envelopes like some swaps, but that's obviously not the intention of this swap.

Thanks for all of your patience everyone. All of you have been great...and I know you are anxiously waiting on your surprises.

Will give you further updates once I've started mailing envelopes.

....Heather

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

i cant start planting till march so no hurry here ! anticipation, yes !

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I am just waiting on two envelopes at this point, but I am still able to sort without them, as those individuals were able to provide a list of seeds they sent as well as their wish list. So I'm working away sorting and stuffing as if those envelopes have arrived.

I'm all the way up to the letter "e" on filling wish lists. LOL. Gotta take my little pooch "Pepper" to the vet toay for his flu shot, and then I'll be back at those envelopes. It's minus 20 celcius in Calgary right now, so a good day to be staying insight playing with tomato and pepper seeds...that's for sure.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

-20 - Yikes!

Last year, I lesarned a huge amount about what I was asking for, just by looking up the varieties you sent me.

How many traders send you seeds that you never heard of, that are EXACTLY what you have asked for, if you had known?

Heather's the best!

Corey

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.