CLOSED: Come Join us - Fourth Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange !

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you, Heather. I wish ours was as early as yours.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Could I ask everyone to let me know when you have mailed your seeds?

I'm still needing someone with the initials P B from Denman Island, BC to get in touch with me. I have received your seeds but I have no idea who you are. I need to update my records so that I know exactly who's seeds we're waiting on. PLEASE get in touch with me with your member id. It is important.

Thanks....Heather

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Heather, I mailed mine on 10/5.
Alana

Austin, TX

Quote from poisondartfrog :
Heather, I mailed mine on 10/5.
Alana

Mailed mine the 17th or 19th. It got there on the 5th. Mail is slow crossing the border. It will get there. :)

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I mailed mine today: 10/12 from the Seattle area. Postage via PayPal.

Stupice . . . . . . . . .. . . . . ultra-early & cool . . . med-small red
Glacier . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ultra-early . . 1-3 oz red-orange
Ildi . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . extra-early . . . . yellow grape
Manitoba . . . . . . . . . . . . . extra-early & cool . . . med red . . in containers
Sub Artic Plenty . . . . . . . very early & cool . . . med-small red
Sun Gold F1 . . . . . . . . . . early . . . . orange cherry . . . sweet, fruity-tropical
Jaune Flamme. . . . . . . . mid-season . . 2-3 oz orange
Old Flame. . . . . . . . . . . . mid-season . . 24 oz? orange-yellow w' red streaks
Pruden's Purple. . . . . . . mid-season . . 16 oz purple-pink
Marglobe. . . . . . . . . . . . . mid-season . . med red
Black Russian . . . . . . . . mid-season med mahogany brown . . . full-bodied
Omar's Lebanese . . . . . LATE . . . huge pink

Corey

This message was edited Oct 14, 2011 3:53 PM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

mailed mine out today and paypal'd the postage. thanks again for letting me participate.

muck, mine usually take about 3 weeks to get there-I was responding to Heather's request to know when we mail.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Just got back from Toronto tonight. I received seeds from "sol451".

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW SIGNUPS. OUR GRAND TOTAL IS 139 PARTICIPANTS.

AS A REMINDER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE MAILED YOUR SEEDS SO I CAN UPDATE MY TRACKING.

I have marked this thread as closed, but you can still post on this thread.

Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Oct 16, 2011 8:48 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi everyone,

Now that we have closed off the swap to new participants - it is time to move forward with more fun.

I have some miscellaneous vegetable seeds to give away as bonuses. These are only for the participants of this swap (from various forums). All are commercial purchases I picked up this year. There are very limited quantities of these, so here is how were going to do it:

1) Respond if interested and provide me with your top 6 picks, in order of preference. Please be specific. Do not respond, saying I am interested in any of the melons for example, as I will be dividing them up to those that responded with my specific instructions followed first. You will lose out if you are not specific. You can either respond by private message, or post here, it does not matter. I am going by time stamps on all responses, no matter what way you communicate with me. If you respond by email or private message, I will acknowledge receipt within a couple of days so you know it came through ok.

2) Preference for specific types will be given on a first come first serve basis, so you need to respond quickly.

3) I cannot guarantee you are able to get any of these seeds. It all depends on how many respond, and how quickly you respond, and how many individuals request the same seed. This is why I am asking you to identify your top 6 picks in order of preference, so your odds of getting something are higher.

4) I will post a periodic update as certain varieties are fully depleted.

5) PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 28th IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE SEEDS.

Here is the list of bonus seeds:

Bean - Rattlesnake Pole Bean-gone

Eggplant - Black Beauty
Eggplant - Goya Kumba
Eggplant - Gretel - Gone
Eggplant - Hansel - Gone
Eggplant - Japanese Millionaire-Gone
Eggplant - Kecskemeti Lila
Eggplant - Round Mauve - Gone
Eggplant - Turkish Orange
Eggplant - Twinkle-Gone

Melon - Mekti Painted Serpent

Radish - China Rose
Radish - Easter Egg

Watermelon - Sugar Baby
Watermelon - Sugar Lee
Watermelon - Yellow Crimson

Thanks ..Heather

This message was edited Oct 24, 2011 8:02 AM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

if we respond here; my interest/wants:

hansel
gretel
sugar baby

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

You always seem to find some new goody to spring on us! Thanks!
If available, I would like to try

Eggplant: Black Beauty or Round Mauve
Bean: Rattlesnake
Radish: China Rose

Don Shirer

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Thank you for the offer. i would love to try the following:

Bean - Rattlesnake Pole Bean

Eggplant - Goya Kumba
Eggplant - Twinkle or Round Mauve

If you have any available I would like the Painted Serpent Melon.
Thanks, Alana

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I promise my seeds will go in the mail this week!

If there are any of the following I would like some:
Eggplant-Turkish Orange
Eggplant - Goya Kumba

Thanks!

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

If there are any left I would like a few of:
Eggplants:
Hansel
Gretel
Japanese Millionaire
Twinkle

Easter Egg Radish

Thanks,
Jessica

Austin, TX

1.Eggplant - Gretel
2.Eggplant - Hansel
3.Eggplant - Turkish Orange
4.Eggplant - Twinkle

Oooooh, if you can put those on my wish list please do.

Will send you my tomato wish list later. Put these at the top for me.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2011 7:44 PM

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm off on Friday, so I hope to get my seeds packed then and mailed on Saturday.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I would love some veggie seeds:

Eggplant Japanese Millionaire, Round Mauve
Melon Mekti Painted Serpent
Watermelon Sugar Lee

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

If you haven't previously responded and are still interested in bonus seeds please let me know as soon as possible.

As a reminder, please let me know when you have mailed your seeds. You should be planning to mail them soon as they'll take a couple of weeks anyway if you're outside of Canada.

If you have changed your mind and are no longer participating in this swap, I need you to let me know as quickly as possible, so we don't hold up the swap waiting on your seeds...when they're not coming.

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ADDITIONAL BONUS OFFER

Hi folks,

A participant from another forum has graciously donated some "Cucumber - Double Yield" seeds to share.

Even if you have already responded on the previous bonus offer, please let me know if you are interested in any of these cucumber seeds.

Seeds will be allocated on a first come first serve basis, so you should respond quickly.

I have not yet received the seeds, but will be distributing according to the order requests are received as soon as they arrive. You will find out when you receive your envelope full of seeds back, whether or not you were allocated a packet. So it will be a surprise. I do expect to get enough to share with quite a number of participants.

Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Oct 21, 2011 7:45 PM

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Heather

I did send my tomato seeds 9 days ago (10/12 from the Seattle area).
I'm sure the mail is just slow, but I see that, even at 3 MPH, they would have been there by now!

If you have enough, I would love any of these:
- Cucumber - Double Yield"
- Eggplant - Goya Kumba
- Melon - Mekti Painted Serpent
- Radish - China Rose
- Radish - Easter Egg

Corey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Corey. I find it's taking two weeks anyway for the mail from the US. I had one envelope that took a little over 3 weeks to get here.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

The cukes would be wonderful to have...even just 3 seeds would be FABULOUS!

I expect to be sending some veggies seeds along as well, and if anyone's interested, I just brought in some flowers seed: Love in a Mist, Datura, and boring ole purple Morning Glories.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Sequee...could you please contact me via pm if you're planning to send in veggie seeds? I need to coordinate well ahead of time, so can manage, sort and communicate with proper notice. If an envelope shows up at the last minute, and there were veggie bonus seeds I didn't know about, I can't distribute them.

Thanks so much.....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ANOTHER BONUS OFFER

Sequee has graciously offered up the following seeds as bonuses to participants. First come first serve. Please post here if you are interested in any varieties. Please respond no later than October 28th.

* Saisai Leaf Radish
* Spaghetti Squash
* Broad Leaf Batavian Endive
* Falstaff Red Brussel Sprouts
* Rainbow Lacinato Kale
* Leaf Brocolli
* Love in a Mist (purple flower)

Don't forget to have a peek at other bonus offers posted above. Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Oct 24, 2011 9:19 AM

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

may i have just 2 or 3 spaghetti squash seeds?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just posting the updated list of what's still available for bonus seeds. These are available to participants of this swap. All are commercial purchases I picked up this year, unless noted otherwise. There are very limited quantities of these, so here is how were going to do it:

1) Respond if interested and provide me with your top 6 picks, in order of preference. Please be specific. Do not respond, saying I am interested in any of the melons for example, as I will be dividing them up to those that responded with my specific instructions followed first. You will lose out if you are not specific. You can either respond by private message, or post here, it does not matter. I am going by time stamps on all responses, no matter what way you communicate with me. If you respond by email or private message, I will acknowledge receipt within a couple of days so you know it came through ok.

2) Preference for specific types will be given on a first come first serve basis, so you need to respond quickly.

3) I cannot guarantee you are able to get any of these seeds. It all depends on how many respond, and how quickly you respond, and how many individuals request the same seed. This is why I am asking you to identify your top 6 picks in order of preference, so your odds of getting something are higher.

5) PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 28th IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE SEEDS.

Cucumber - Double Yield (donated by a participant in another forum)
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Eggplant - Goya Kumba
Eggplant - Turkish Orange
Radish - China Rose
Radish - Easter Egg
Watermelon - Sugar Baby
Watermelon - Sugar Lee

* Saisai Leaf Radish (donated by Sequee)
* Spaghetti Squash (donated by Sequee)
* Broad Leaf Batavian Endive (donated by Sequee)
* Falstaff Red Brussel Sprouts (donated by Sequee)
* Rainbow Lacinato Kale (donated by Sequee)
* Leaf Brocolli (donated by Sequee)
* Love in a Mist (purple flower) (donated by Sequee)

Thanks ..Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Folks....a favour to ask of you.

Please do not arrange side trades with participants of this swap (that you plan on including in the envelope with your tomato/pepper seeds for the exchange. It really complicates things for me. Last year a couple of people did this and didn't tell me, then envelopes started showing up with little notes slipped in...saying can you "give this or that to this person"...in exchange they are giving me "x seed". What inevitably happened is some people didn't follow through with the trade they arranged with you and I was put in the position of following up with people and resorting seeds I didn't plan on.

I will start mailing envelopes gradually after the deadline and need to be able to control the flow in a way that works for me.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding......Heather

Coos Bay, OR(Zone 9a)

I would love to have cucumber Double Yield, Easter Egg radish, and Falstaff Red Brussel Sprouts.
Thanks...
Beebonnet

Long Beach, CA

Hi, Heather! I would love some bonus seeds...Here's my top six. Thanks to you, Sequee, and other donor members :)

1. Cucumber - Double Yield (donated by a participant in another forum)
2. Eggplant - Black Beauty
3. * Falstaff Red Brussel Sprouts (donated by Sequee)
4. Melon - Mekti Painted Serpent
5. * Leaf Brocolli (donated by Sequee)
6. * Love in a Mist (purple flower) (donated by Sequee)

- Christine.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Heather and Sequee!

If you have enough, I would love any of these, in order by "favortie first"

* Leaf Brocolli
* Love in a Mist (purple flower)
- Cucumber - Double Yield"
- Eggplant - Goya Kumba
- Melon - Mekti Painted Serpent
- Radish - China Rose
- Radish - Easter Egg

Corey

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from:

Gardadore
Poisondartfrog
risingcreek

Thanks...Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Another Seed Offer

Boy are you guys ever spoiled :)

Just got some more veggie seeds in the mail to share with you (from a member of another forum).

Once again...first come first serve. Open to everyone, even if you responded on a prior bonus offer. There are limited quantities...so you gotta be fast around here :)

* Fagiolo Nano - Bush Slenderette Bean - gone
* Beet - Scarlet Prince
* Beet - Detroit Dark Red, Medium Top
* Sunflower, Russian Mammoth - gone

Thanks....Heather

This message was edited Oct 24, 2011 10:12 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Corey. Have noted your updated wish list.

Just reposting the updated list of bonus seeds available for participants of this swap....so it's front and centre. If you previously responded, and see anything else you want, just let me know about your "additions" please.

Beet Detroit Dark Red, Medium Top
Broad Leaf Batavian Endive
Cucumber - Double Yield
Eggplant - Black Beauty
Eggplant - Goya Kumba
Leaf Brocolli
Love in a Mist (Purple flower)
Radish - China Rose
Saisai Leaf Radish
Spaghetti Squash
Watermelon - Sugar Baby
Watermelon - Sugar Lee

Thanks ..Heather

This message was edited Oct 25, 2011 12:59 PM

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I finally got my seeds mailed off today. Along with the ones that Ive already requested, if there are enough I would also like: Spaghetti Squach, Radish EE and CR, Rainbow Lacinato Kale and Beet Scarlet Prince. Ill send my want list by Dmail. THANK YOU

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for the update 1lisac. Please send me your wish list by Nov 1st if possible.

Today I received seeds from "RickCorey_WA".

Thanks....Heather

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just posting the updated list of what's now available for bonus seeds. A member from another forum has graciously donated some more seeds. These new additions are marked with an *.

These are available to participants of this swap. There are very limited quantities of these, so here is how were going to do it:

Broad Leaf Batavian Endive
Cucumber - Double Yield
Eggplant - Black Beauty
* Eggplant Fengyung Purple
Eggplant - Goya Kumba
* Eggplant Pingtung Long
* Eggplant Rosa Bianca
* Eggplant Slim Jim
* Eggplant Snowy
* Eggplant Kumari Sri Lanka
Leaf Brocolli
Saisai Leaf Radish
Watermelon - Sugar Baby
Watermelon - Sugar Lee

Thanks ..Heather

This message was edited Oct 26, 2011 5:41 PM

This message was edited Oct 29, 2011 8:08 AM

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Heather:
You could add Eggplant Rosa Bianca to my envelope if there are any left. Thanks!
Don Shirer

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Today I received seeds from "Mooiemoestuin".

Thanks....Heather

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.