What's Blooming in Your Garden? Part lll

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Pretty, pretty, pretty, ge. I love that red lily in shot 18, I believe. Gorgeous color.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

And boy, don't I love that music with the slides....fabulous! Thanks Jo Ann.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a great software program.Its possible to select any music and also present shows without music.
http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6a55314e5451304f44493d0d0a&blogview=true

East Dover, VT(Zone 4b)

OK ge, I gave it a shot! Here is what's blooming in my garden via smilebox http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6a55314e546b324d54513d0d0a&blogview=true

There is also our field being hayed:-)

Thumbnail by okcrow
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats fantastic.
I like that pic in pic format. Did you join the Smileclub to avoide the ads in the free version?
Nothing is free. Really

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

okcrow, wonderful photos. Love the land vista. How peaceful and lovely.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Today in the garden;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Weerobin, from beneath photo taken using technique I call shoestringing, camera one handed from shoe level...produces a unique perspective. J.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Tropical Dream

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Diane Joiner

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Butterfly Weed

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Penstemon Red Rocks
Rue
Salvia
Maltese Cross

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Very nice there Meredith.

Thanks!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hydrangea 'Limelight' is making its debut.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Love, love these perennial hibiscus in the garden. I found that hummingbirds enjoy these blooms as well.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Very pretty! I tried to grow those Hibiscus from seed, but they didn't survive the winter here. :(

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'm lucky to be in the zone that's native to those beauty. I often overwinter my tender perennials in a protected area for the short winter that we've down here.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Such as these lilies, gloriosa lilium. I keep the in container and bring them back outdoor each spring.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

I kept some in pots and tried to overwinter them inside. I may have given them too much water or left them out too late in fall. They didn't make it. I had tried them because I've read they are sometimes hardy to zone 6 and my area is borderline zone 6. I've also read that Hibiscus will flower the first year from seed.. I have never had this happen, but I had hoped they would when I tried so I could at least enjoy them as an annual. No luck though. I Love the Gloriosa Lily!

Typo

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 8:57 PM

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I tried to start Gloriosas too, but lost them to birds or something nosing around in soil in the pot. Made me sad as I was looking forward to them. They are so unusually beautiful.

okcrow~~that is a wonderful shot of your field and the mountains behind! So picturesque!

This year we've had pretty good bloom in our sun garden. I used to call this my butterfly garden but I see in this pic that there aren't too many plants for the butterflies. I think it's strange that butterflies don't seem to like daisies, but I do!

Thumbnail by tabasco
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

tabasco, I love that combo you've. The spikes vertical flowers. Veronica?

Very pretty! I am wondering about those tall ones too?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Swamp hibiscus this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

I love them! I bet the hummers are in heaven when they bloom. :) My purple Monarda started blooming today..

Thumbnail by Meredith79

I unintenionally have a red white and blue theme going for the 4th of July! : )

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Nicely done!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ah, I tried to confine this prolific bloomers in a pot sunk into the ground. I hope it works. I deadheaded the first flush of bloom several weeks ago. The next flush at present.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have those,mine are blue. The campanulas that are out of controle or me are the Urtificolas

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

That's 'Cherry Bells' I think. Jo Ann, Urtificolas?

I have the same ones! Mine are planted right next to the road... I can't believe it but they have spread a bit. I have tried growing Echinops out there which is supposed to do well in sun and dry soil. That died but these Cherry Bells are doing fine.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

They're tough little plants, indeed. Echinaceas on the other hand I've found are fairly drought tolerant, but can be permanently wilted in severe lack of water. Here Cherry Bells and garden Phlox.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My urtificolas are Campanula variety.I tried to find it on Bluestone where I bought it but its not listed.It's an upright

Thumbnail by ge1836

Very pretty! That last one looks like one hummingbirds might go to. Did you think I meant Echies? Have you ever tried Echinops ritro.. I forget their common name. I'll look it up, actually I think it's Globe Thistle. I killed 3 different plants and trie dthem in a couple spots.. They don't like my yard. Maybe too acidic.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

No Globethistle here ,thank you.
Too much floppage and seeding.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Mostly lilies.Asiatics are going,waiting on Orientals.This is the bes time of year.
https://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/MostlyLilies2?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmShKulp-DCJA

Very pretty Joann. I think I've asked you this before, but do get the red lily beetles there? I do and I've been getting rid of a lot of lilies so I don't have as much to treat.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I do get lily beetles.
I have a huge investment in time and energy plus bucks,in the bulbs.
I spray the dickins out of the lilies.
Early spring when they just come out of the ground I drench with Bayer Tree and Shrub.Mid season I spray with Sevin. I found 3 beetles this June. Killed 'em.

They have finally approved an organic treatment called spinosad.. I am going to try and find it local. Right now all I have used is Neem and Bayer Rose & Flower. The Bayer stuff seems to work but I have to do it every 4 weeks because it starts wearing off at the end and I will see a few beetles here and there. I just don't like the work and I hate putting anything down that hurts wildlife. The spinosad is still toxic to bees and not supposed to be used where it can seep into water. So not sure if it will really benefit me and it is big $$... copared to the Bayer stuff.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Some Gloriosas

Thumbnail by jmorth

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.