(65 votes, 27%)
Red dot

It is too cold here.
(20 votes, 8%)
Red dot

It is too hot at my house.
(34 votes, 14%)
Red dot

I choose two of the options above. (which two?)
(61 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Everything is just right!
(31 votes, 12%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Much too hot here. I get up early and pick what has ripened and hide in the house until the next day!

Sometimes I wonder why I left England!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

hot, hot and more hot. dry, dry and more dry. it's a difficult gardening spring to say the least. i try not to complain. we have no fires or floods in the immediate area...no tornadoes either. things could be a lot worse.

Abilene, TX(Zone 7b)

William Tecumseh Sherman once said if he owned Texas and hell, he'd rent out Texas and live in hell. Right now I'm thinking it would be cooler that way.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hi Rampbrat, your sentiments are mine too in the Piedmont of North Carolina. Hot and Dry.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

We've had 3/4" inches of rain each of the last two days - wonderful for the garden, but a little damaging to the blooms that were open. This daylily is a favorite that's just opened it's first bloom, so I took a pic this morning, even though it was damaged.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Too cold and too much rain, it has not been a nice spring, I hope summer is a lot better and that it starts real soon!!

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I would give anything for some of that rain or cold. We are on day 13 I think it is of temps over 100.. it is 106 right now.. I have daylilies that really need to go in the ground.. they are going to die if I don't do it soon but I can't get out there in that heat. It is supposed to finally cool down into the high 90's in the middle of next week we hope.

I asked dad what he wanted for fathers day.. his answer... RAIN!

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Much, much too hot here (already in 100's) and much too day..no rain at all so far in June.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

I just sent up prayers for cooler weather and rain in Tx.

Abilene, TX(Zone 7b)

well we got a little rain this afternoon. Still got up to 106, but now it's a pleasant 93. OF course the sun has come back out and with the humidity it feels like 97, but I think we gat about a qarter of an inch. We'll take what we can get.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Our whole state is in some stage of drought. about 1/3 of the state is in severe drought and we are experiencing normal July temps here in June. We are plagued with wildfires here like we've never experienced before and we've broken several records set back in 1902 for high temps. My rain barrels have been empty a long time and here in Houston we are 17" before our normal avg rain fall for the year. The last qtr of 2010 was dry too. We are approaching desperate measures here with most surrounding suburbs already rationing water.

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

I feel very sorry for all of the States that are so hot and dry, while some of the Provinces here are getting too much rain and are flooding. It may be a bit too cool and a bit too wet here, but I just came in from my garden which is lush and green and felt very fortunate indeed.

I know the terrible temps and drought is because of the low temps in the Pacific Ocean.. it is slowly warming up and we will start getting more rain in a few months.. I am just impatient .. wish we could truck in the water from other parts! LOL Temp was 97 at 11pm last night and it felt like a blast furnace when I went outside but it cooled down to 81 and felt so nice.. what a relief... who knew 81 could feel like a wonderful cool night! It's all relative but I enjoyed it very much. Wateringing restrictions increase on July 1... hope I can keep my yard alive until the rains come.

.... we really enjoy rain scenes in programs on TV.. even will watch them in commercials!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Too hot and too dry!!!

Monroe, LA(Zone 8a)

It's 105 again today. The U.S. Drought Monitor says 100% of Louisiana is in a drought situation. 92% of the state is in a Severe to Exceptional drought. The other 8% is in a Moderate drought.

The drought is not only going to affect our plant crops but crawfish as well. With our fishing industry still recovering from the oil spill, we can use all the prayers we can get. My family is not involved in farming or fishing but I pray every day for those who are.

Mary Ann

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Cool wet spring then straight jump to hot humid summer w/ very little rain so far. Ground bakes and plants are lightly steamed in the hot and humid air. A few afternoon thunderstorms don't provide much rain, the sun comes right on out after and what little rain did falls you can see rising as steam. I'm really not a fan of summer other than the plants, veggies and flowers:lol: And on a personal note I don't like that the sun doesn't set until almost 9pm:lol:

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cold & wet here too

Wow, Zuluqueen, I didn't realize that LA was in a drought, too! I will send prayers for my home state, too--I was born in N.O. My grampa was a fisherman from Delacroix Island in the bayou. I remember going crabbing with him when I was little.

West Plains, MO(Zone 6b)

This is a really hot June! Actually, it started getting up in the 90's here in May, and now in June it has sometimes pushed 100 - not typical at all. Everything here is blooming early - wonder if that will make for an ugly fall? The roses really seemed to suffer when the temps started soaring - mine have black spot, yellow leaves, and SMALL blooms. My friend are experiencing the same problems with their roses.
I also have three new flower beds this year, and it is a challenge "babying" the new plants until their root systems develop more. I have just lost a few, though.

Montgomery, AL

Fire ban in Montgomery, Alabama.
Rain barrels empty.
No mosquitos.
Garden Shriveled.
All birds ravaging hummingbird feeder.
Trees leaves falling.
Frogs jumping into salt water pool
and dying.
Drought.

Brunswick, GA(Zone 9a)

It is so hot and dry here that it's difficult to water the plants.
I'm trying to save the lawn but it seems to be a losing battle.
Our cats are taking advantage of the bare dirt, i hose down those spots and the (3) cats hate it !
So far my citrus trees are still holding fruit, manual irrigation on those.
Palms are OK with soaker hoses wrapped around the bases.
Plumerias have to be kept in the shade.
Cycads are OK with added water.
Bamboo needs extra water now & then.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Austin, TX

It hasn't rained more than one inch since Septermber 2010. It's been over 100 degrees for seven days in a row. Our watering schedule has been reduced to the hours before 7:00 am and after 10:00 pm, twice a week. I'm trying to save my trees and roses. The lawn is dust. Sigh. Send rain!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Listening to the weather men, it seems we will almost have to have a tropical disturbance/storm in order to get any relief....scary thought. There is a small disturbance over the Yucatan right now...they say it might/maybe offer a little rain for extreme SE Texas...but ...

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I'm always afraid to say we've gotten too much rain because then the opposite happens, but I can't get in my garden to hoe the weeds. Everything looks great, but those weeds are killing me!!

My DG friend in Northern Illinois has had so much rain she is fighting massive clouds of fungus gnats...

I wish I could fill up a tanker truck with some of our rain and send it to you folks down south! Some of it would come from our basement...

Hi KyWoods...maybe we Louisianians need to start digging basements? LOL Could you imagine a basement in Lakeside? Talk about an underground, indoor swimming hole. Kind thought though...grin

Central FL, FL(Zone 9b)

Too much heat; too little rain.

Sitting here watching the light show south of me.. I know some are happy getting some rain.. it looks like on the radar that a good area south and east of me are getting rain! Congratulations to all.. unfortunately, all I get is a fantastic light show. Mother nature sure knows how to be a big tease.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

We got over 3" rain in an hour. It sure was nice!!!

And just 25 miles southeast of you Jeri, we got about 2/10's of an inch total and it "rained" 4 times....Mother Nature is indeed a teaser.

I can't wait for the noon news to come on to hear how much rain others got last night.... absolutely nothing here but it sure looked like areas south and east of us got a nice soaking. I sure hope so! Congratulations to everyone who got anything... every drop counts.. I think. Never dreamed I could ache for rain so much. My birthday is in a few days and all I want is rain, rain, rain.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I was singing that song and now we have a week of rain. Glory!!!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

A half-inch of rain Saturday night and a glorious day of pulling weeds on the 4th! Life is good!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well, our monsoon season is officially here and although it is cooler (mid 100s) and humid, so far very little rain... Mostly high winds and blowing dust and hit or miss showers here and there... Still holding out for some good downpours though;o)

We have been joking about rain dances..we will add ya to our list Kelly. We got a short lived frog choker on Sunday...made the fireworks fanatics happy as they lifted the burn ban for the Fourth.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LOL - thanks moon!! I'll take all the help I can get;o)

We will get happy feet for ya...LOL It is fun and good exercise even if we don't get rain...the last one resulted in a whole lot of thunder and lightning, but just a short shower....everybody is a critic...even Mother Nature...LOL

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

After days of extreme heat (100 yesterday) we had thunderstorms last night. I got over 2" of rain in my 'unofficial' rain gauge (a straight sided glass I keep on the patio table) - truly a blessing for my garden (and water bill!).

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.