Still hangingPart 8

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Jill! I hope all is well with you!

Chris, I'm sure you are busy trying to catch up around the house. I hope you're feeling good!
The babies have settled into their natural coloring and have lost the puffiness.

Carly

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Callun

Thumbnail by billyporter
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

awwwwww

How ya been doing Chris???
Busy weekend, finally got to walk around the gardens late yesterday and have some new dl's blooming

This one is Rainbow Candy

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

awwww... love their pouty lip when they're relaxed like that!

Rainbow Candy has a gorgeous eye!

Chris, thinking of you today!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

FlowAjen, :o)

My daylilies are just starting!

How beautiful those Candies are!

Jill, I do too. Callun makes a lot of frowny faces. I wonder what he's thinking. Carly opens her eyes a lot, but falls back asleep. How is your babe doing?

Chris, have a happy day!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from critterologist :
Beautiful babies!!

Chris, thinking of you today........Must remember to take time to *enjoy* the garden while I'm out there, not just try to get stuff done! LOL

Dittos !

Chris my Melampodium back by the pole beans are really big and lush! They'll be so pretty in the veg garden. I also have a few self sown in front- yay!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Billy, my "babe" will be 2 in August! She's having a fabulous summer (and so are we)... running around, talking up a storm, making friends everywhere she goes with that magical smile.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

2 already, WOW!!!

Beautiful babies, BP.

Gentle hugs coming your way from Oregon. We are about halfway thru our cross-country adventure. Will be at this son's for another week before we start heading home.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Sallyg, isn't that the way it goes. I walk around trying to see what I have done because my nose was in the dirt all day, LOL!

Jill, she's the perfect age! I know how much fun you are having with her!

Jan, thanks!

It sounds like you are having a good time on the road, and visiting!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Yes, we are! This country is just beautiful!!! It was amazing to us, also, how barren it is in areas. We tried to avoid interstates, so, sometimes it was hours before we saw even one car.

Thinking of you, dear LG, this morning. Praying for a good holiday weekend.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Those babies are just adorable. What fun you must be having with them. Just so sweet an cuddle-able.
Oh yes sweet little sunshine girl is so friendly she just shines her way into everyone's hearts.
Jan what a wonderful trip. I will have to talk to you when you get back about the route you took and where you stayed between visits. Ric and I have been talking about doing a trip out west to visit my Aunt in Calif and back for a long time now and I think we will do that in the next couple of years.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Jan, the back roads are the best way to see things. Interstate is for speed :o)

Holly, thanks! I'm not getting to see them as much as I would like. It's been busy here and we're waiting on a driveway. That means we have to be here :o(

"Shines her way into everyone's hearts." How beautiful!

Have a good day Chris!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Chris, you've been on my mind, but I've barely had time to be on the computer. I see everyone is busy.

We finally got our concrete driveway poured on the 3rd and 4th. On the 5th, they came and cut the last of the seams and took the last of the framing down. We've been working non-stop putting dirt back in the trenches they left, shaving down the high spots before backfilling with rocky dirt. Then the big chore was raking rocks out of the small mountain of dirt we had piled in the yard. We had to work the rockiest pile because it was sitting on the grass and we were hoping to save the grass. We got the pile moved over to the garden last Sunday. Monday, we took a day off and went to the Iowa State Fair. We finished the dirt pile last night. DH had seeded the sides and we see little blades of grass.

Now I hope to pull weeds and renew the dirt in a lot of beds.

My neighbor used my free pile and I now have three new daylilies and a hosta, None fancy, but different than what I have. I also have mint and two containers of ornamental grass another friend put over there. My neighbor also brought me three small red poppy plants. Yikes! I have the daylilies and hosta planted and no idea where to put the rest. Especially the mint, being invasive, but I sure love that spearmint smell.

I hope all is well with you and that you've been able to be outside enjoying the days. I even sat out in the 98* weather because I wasn't going to waste summer, LOL!

I have barely seen the twins.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

The wooden lady and I at the Fair.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Wow, you have been busy! I hear you on trying to get out there even in the really hot weather we had this summer. Hopefully it'll be better from now on toward fall, and we'll all be able to enjoy the sunshine more rather than just sweltering in it.

Chris, you've been on my mind lately also... We were at a cottage at Deep Creek Lake this past week with my family, and I thought of your family's plans to go to that amazing "cabin" near Pigeon Forge... I want to say that trip was planned for next month, but I could be completely mistaken. ?

(Oh, and how long after the fact am I allowed to blame "chemo brain" when I can't remember things? LOL)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

HI! Busy, oh my gosh, I never knew what busy really meant, LOL! I am still busy!!

It's freezing cold here this morning. We have a week of very cool weather but at least we finally got rain!

I've been canning tomato juice, and now that they are slowing down, I think the rest of them are going to be roasted, yummy!!

Chris I hope summer has been a good time for you and you are fully charged when you get back.

(((HUGS!!)))

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Chris, I have been so busy this year, but I think about you and hope you've had a good summer.

I'm working flower beds and hope I get them done before it gets too cold. We've had a few nice days but even today it's cold and wet. I'm hoping it's going to be a decent rain. We've gotten pass over showers or none at all.

I hope your little frogs are starting to dig in for the winter. I've accidentally dug a couple up, LOL!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I have not been posting on DG much in the past year so I'm not sure if this was in another thread--or if everyone was aware of this.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/erietimesnews/obituary.aspx?n=christine-ann-first&pid=153628498

early_bloomer

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Early,
I was wondering if this happened, and I've been thinking of her a lot lately.

I am so sorry she lost the battle.

Thank you.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

So have I Sally, Ric and I stopped at Critters last month and we were talking about her. I was sure I had a phone # to call jotted down somewhere. What a lovely lady she was. I have such wonderful memories of her.
EB, Thank you so much for letting us know.

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

My sympathies go out to her family.
So sorry for the loss of such a beautiful person.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Tears... Chris has dropped offline before when going through a difficult chemo, so I've just kept hoping and praying... Thanks for letting us know, EB. I'll Dmail Melody so she can start a thread for Chris in the Memory Garden, and I'll put a thread in our "Circles of Support" cubit, too.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2012 3:23 PM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Jill,
Those were my thoughts about Chris coming back too. I was so happy to see the thread activated.

I did D-mail Joan with the obituary link. I couldn't get the sticky mails to work, so maybe you'll get thru before I do.

My heart is so heavy and I've thought about her all day. I let Sallyg know too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ohhhhh so sorry to hear.....she'll def be missed, what a sweet lady!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sweet lady, for sure. I had been hoping also. Will miss her encouragement.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Such terribly sad news, but thank you for letting us know, E_B. I think we'd all begun fearing the worst as more and more time went by without a word from her. I'm so sorry she's gone, but am so very honored to have known her, if only on-line. A really really special person, whose legacy will live on in all of our hearts, and in the gifts she so freely shared with us.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

I thought the same thing--that it was another bad stretch. So much time had passed that I decided to check the local paper and found the sad news. I was out of town when she passed and never knew.

I live in the next town and would stop by Chris's house while out biking and she would happily (and proudly) show me her gardens. Those short visits and the DG forums were my only contacts with her. She was a sweet lady...........

early_bloomer

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

EB- I wish it could have been happy news... but we thank you for lettting us know. I will remember Chris' determination and upbeat hang in there kitty outlook. I hope she got to enjoy the trip to the Smokies her daughter had arranged. Heaven will have lots more columbines this spring with Chris there.
My condolences to Paul if you should run across him at the store or whatnot.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here is her Memory Garden thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235626/

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Melody! As ever, you found the words.

Athens, PA

I too was hoping that Chris was just feeling poorly and would be back with us soon. She has been in my thoughts and prayers for quite some time.

Thank you so much for sharing the news.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank you Melody

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Thank you Melody.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Early,
Thank you for the closure. I'm sad, but glad to know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.