Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Still hangingPart 8 , 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: Still hangingPart 8

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Still hangingPart 8
billyporter wrote:
Chris, you've been on my mind, but I've barely had time to be on the computer. I see everyone is busy.

We finally got our concrete driveway poured on the 3rd and 4th. On the 5th, they came and cut the last of the seams and took the last of the framing down. We've been working non-stop putting dirt back in the trenches they left, shaving down the high spots before backfilling with rocky dirt. Then the big chore was raking rocks out of the small mountain of dirt we had piled in the yard. We had to work the rockiest pile because it was sitting on the grass and we were hoping to save the grass. We got the pile moved over to the garden last Sunday. Monday, we took a day off and went to the Iowa State Fair. We finished the dirt pile last night. DH had seeded the sides and we see little blades of grass.

Now I hope to pull weeds and renew the dirt in a lot of beds.

My neighbor used my free pile and I now have three new daylilies and a hosta, None fancy, but different than what I have. I also have mint and two containers of ornamental grass another friend put over there. My neighbor also brought me three small red poppy plants. Yikes! I have the daylilies and hosta planted and no idea where to put the rest. Especially the mint, being invasive, but I sure love that spearmint smell.

I hope all is well with you and that you've been able to be outside enjoying the days. I even sat out in the 98* weather because I wasn't going to waste summer, LOL!

I have barely seen the twins.