June RU Plant and White Elephant Swap

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Brenda nuts, saving you 'Indian Dunes' geranium.. and Henry Duelberg Salvia

This message was edited Jun 2, 2011 9:14 PM

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love that we have a wholy Brenda and a nutz Brenda. What if we had a wholynutz Brenda?

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL,,

:)

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Brenda, how much space do the raspberries need? Full sun?

Does anyone need a magnolia seedling?

nutz

Lula, GA

LOL, Laurel!

BRENDA- the raspberries at our house get afternoon sun, tops 6 hours and they do great. They need to be planted about 3 feet apart. A single row is fine- it lets you mow around the plants to keep the weeds down and the new canes that creep out of the row taken care of! Unless you want to dig them up to share with friends!

~Brenda B

My understanding is raspberries and many other fruiting trees and bushes do very nicely on woodland edges. We have a pear and blueberries at our edges.

Lula, GA

Yes, ours are too, Laurel!!!!

I'm adding Artimesia powis castle cuttings and garlic chive divides to my list.

Brenda, I'd take you up on the raspberries but I hate thorns and don't need another public housing project for chiggers. The ones I have are all immigrating to me.

The garden is coming along. We are leaving row covers on certain veggies because the flea beetles and squash bugs were so bad last year. So far so good. I'll have to pull them when there are female flowers on the veggies needing pollinators.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Anybody need some of this?: Disporum - fairy bells

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=4937403

Anyone need a baby sweetshrub? There are some little ones I can dig up at my mom's place.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2011 4:39 AM

Lula, GA

Sterling I"ll bring Miz Scarlet for you. Laurel I have Crinum, Walking Iris,Gardenia, for you. Bonny I"ll Bring you ELF. ear and Barkgon. Mike I got a Dr.Suess for you. Elain, ELF ear for you.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Disporum - fairy bells?? I had to look this up and how very beautiful - I'd love one! Thanks...

and thanks Sandy from Bonnie and me - hopefully I will get her trade list up soon. She is a master gardener and has some nice things.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2011 9:57 AM

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This is Bonnie's lists

Bonnie’s trades:

3- Pink Turtle Heads
Arum
Orange Crocosmia
Lambs Ears
Yellow Water Iris
Purple Money Plant
2- Anemone
2- Blood root
2- trillium Catesby
2-trillium Cuneatum
Hellebores
Vinca Major & Minor
Senecio
Spleen Wart
Orange Day Lilies
perennial Ageratum
Purple Thrift
Crinum – unknown color
Golden Rod
Black eyed Susan
Chameleon
Woods Aster
Swamp Sunflowers

Wants:
Shooting Stars
Oak leaf Hydrangeas
Alocasia
Bletilla Striata
Foam Flowers
Blue eye grass
Coreopsis
Coneflowers
Purple Oxalidacea

We have oak leaf Hydrangeas that need to be cut back here in Atlanta. If she would like cuttings I'd be happy to accommodate. We also have Sisyrinchium (blue eyed grass) growing wild at Maypop. there are several species so it is whatever is there. LMK

Lula, GA

LAUREL_ some Powis Castle artemesia cuttings, please!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

See my above post.. So sorry to have to drop out. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone..
Maybe next year. As I said, will be glad to mail promised plants if you want,, just let me know..
sighhhhhh.

Elaine

Yes Brenda. It will be DIY. They are right there in the front yard.

Elaine, maybe you could come visit later on in the season. We'd love to see you.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Might just do that.
Thanks for the invite

Dahlonega, GA

E F nuts !

Lula, GA

Oh, Elaine, we are all disappointed with you! No need to send plants for me, and hostas survive very well in pots in Georgia, so they will be waiting for you!

Brenda B

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

I'll be posting trade list soon here!

Laurel, Please add my gf Rhonda Jones to the guess list and the 3 of us into the White Elephant swap!! I haven't had time to keep up with all the posting, please let me know if I need to bring anything extra!

Where can I find directions??

Dahlonega, GA

Can't find it but want to be in the White E . draw. Please add me if I didn't already regester .'
I promise I wont unload a bunch of pots .

I need pots, Sally. lol I realized after an earlier post that you don't really need to register. Whoever brings an elephant gets one.

Donna, we are looking forward to meeting all of you. We are aware that many of you are making quite a trek to participate. Thanks for being part of the group.

Elaine, no need to send me anything either. Want to let you know the cute little Clivia house gift from last year is sending up a bloom. I was surprised it would bloom so small.

Here's a shot of Digger's Hydrangea swap from two years ago. This photo does not do it justice at all. Hope it will still be going when you visit.

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Dahlonega, GA

My mother plant doesn't come near to the beauty of yours . I think it has too much shade altho I moved it to shade when it was getting too much sun . Can't win for losing .

It's "can't win for trying" Sally. lol Mine is growing by the back door on the north side of the house. It is in one of those cheapy WalMart pots with a watering well.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Laurel.. so glad your clivia is blooming.. Wow, that is late, guess the cooler weather up there does that.
That is a beautiful hydrangea.. mine are just gorgeous now. They get early morning sun,, with dappled afternoon. The ones in deeper shade are not blooming as well.
Brenda B. my stuff will be growing too.
Nuts,, digger too! Ya'll would be a lot more fun than a wedding!!!

I need to take a photo. I've got another one that blooms two and sometimes three times a year. It's been in the same pot for over twenty years. I'm afraid if it gets repotted it won't do that anymore. I've heard they like to be pot bound but this is ridiculous.

Dahlonega, GA

No , no , I can't win cuz I keep losing.
No , no , EF , the fun comes after the wedding . (I think ) Maybe not , I'm so old , I don't really remember .

Lula, GA

Bonnie may I have a spleen wort, trillium-cuneatum, and a pink turtle head.
By the way do you know the name of your arum?

Thanks, Sandy

Lula, GA

Digger. I have a E ear called toro for you .It's one large kind that I have.
(Maypop). Flag iris .
(Plantnutz) Little PrInce banana.
(sterhill) ogon sedum.

Sandy

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

sterhill, if Bonnie has a trillium catesby, I'd love one.

Thanks,
Brenda

SandyGT, I would very much like to have any Calanthe offerings and thanks in advance for the Flag iris. Are the Cymbidiums named varieties? I don't have space to winter the huge strappy leaved grocery store types but do collect the more compact ones.

Lula, GA

Maypoplaurel sorry those are my husband's plants and he only what's to trade for specific plants on my list above.

Sandy

Oh yes, I see the list Sandy. Sorry.

Dahlonega, GA

I like ee's . had them at one time and learned they should be dug or they get smaller .I love anything with big leaves .

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I will forward all on to Bonnie - tried to get her to sign up but to no avail!

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi guys, I am coming too, but I will need direction and ph # incase I get lost. I had a computer problem, got scared that I won't be able to get the address on time, but I drove up to N. Carolina and my son worked on it, hope it stayses well. I will bring white elephant, and some dessert too.

Hi Kiseta. I sent the information to Gapeahen who was going to be in touch with you. She explained your computer situation. Now that you have a working computer I will send the info to you.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

From Bonnie:
Tell Brenda that I have double orange daylilies.

Tell Sandysgreenthum that it is Italian Arum that has gone dormant. It is green with white veins.

I also have white native autumn clematis which is invasive to give away. (this one smells good!)

Please add Acuba to my want list.

Fairburn, GA

I am so disappointed, but I can not make the RU this year,was so looking forward to meeting all of you. Hope you have a great time and I hope to get to the next one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.