June RU Plant and White Elephant Swap

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

How late can we wait to decide what are we bringing to trade, I still do not know what I will have available, just know that I have a lots of chocolate chip ajuga for them Gaorgia hills, and some Rudabeckia Cherokee sunset grown from seed. Can i bring some seeds that did not plant for this year, mostly zinnias.?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Sandy, may I have shares of the crinums, walking iris, flag iris and gardenia?

Nutz, I'd love shares of your bletilla, variegated Solomon's seal and oakleak hydrangea.

If there are lily growers who have varieties that are not "ditch lilies" (I've got a gazillion) and will naturalize nicely here, I'd appreciate a share. Ditto with iris. I'm not into "art shades". I have lots of keria and gooseneck loosetrife to dig.

I can start suckers of named heirloom tomatoes for mid-season planting. I have several varieties, including Mortgage Lifter rooting now. LMK if you are interested. If you'd like a list, or suggestions, just DM, I have over thirty named varieties in the garden.

Kiseta, you don't have to post any swaps. It's just a way of letting folks know what you have and what you want. People often bring extra plants and gardening items (such as pots, trays or plastic mulch). Yes, seed is great. I had leftover seed available to share last year and will have more this year. You can make a seed list too. It's really just a bring what you have to share event with your company being the most important part. You may want to put up a post that has what it is you intend to bring so people feel they had a chance to RSVP before things get picked over. You can go back to it and edit as you go. If you need help just DM me.
Laurel

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

been out travelling,,,again. lol
Brenda, here is pic of mine. Epiphyllum oxypetalum Dutchman's Pipe. I have had it many years. It came from my mother in law.

Thumbnail by EFGeorgia1
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Laurel - I would love a Mortgage Lifter - I have heard of these but never had any - I can swap you a Ukrainian Saber...
http://www.amishlandseeds.com/images/sabre.jpg main page http://www.amishlandseeds.com/russian_tomatoes.htm

Lula, GA

LAUREL- I will let Sandy know about your requests. She will be here tomorrow, and can get online then.
Can you put me down for a Burro Tails, and a start of one of your heirloom tomatoes?
One of mine from another RU is struggling. Mortgage Lifter will do nicely, if you have an extra sucker to root.

ELAINE- that NBC is fantastic! How lovely! I would love one, thank you!!!!

I will bring dicentra Spectabilis seeds from the Pink Bleeding Heart and the White Bleeding Heart. These shiny little black balls are easy to start!

MIKE, Sandy dug up a Dr. Suess brug for you!

~Brenda

Sterhill I would love Ukranan Saber. Seed would be fine too. I will be happy to root up a variety of tomatoes. I've got some slow pokes from seed such as Pink Oxheart too.

Brenda, I'll get you down for the burro's tail.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

My thanks to Sandy for the Dr Suess. Mike

Lula, GA

Thanks, Laurel.
Could you start a coupla tomato suckers for me too. Two of my tomatoes are not going to make it.
If you have an extra Mortgage Lifter, that would be great. And the other-whatever you have extra.
I thought I was set for tomatoes and gave my last one away last week!

I think my share list is up to date.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

adding to my list:

Dendranthemum, Ryan's yellow - it is a big yellow daisy that sits quietly all summer making a mat about 8" tall and then in the fall, soars to about 3' or 4' tall, has wall-to-wall flowers and calls every creature with wings for miles around.

Also please check above on my to and from lists and be sure I have not forgotten anybody!

Sandysgreenthum - I would like a Miz Scarlett brugmansia- deep pink single, lemony scent - 2) Ogon Sedum - 3) white japanese toad (white?)

This message was edited May 29, 2011 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by sterhill
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

These hosta are up for adoption.

Thumbnail by plantnutz
Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

ooh, ooh - I'd like that short bluey one on the far right!!!

I would like the taller "Bluey" on in the white pot. Mike

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

gotcha, Sterhill and Mike. Mike, do you have another peanut butter bush to spare?

Yes, I'll save two for you. Mike

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

In the White elephant section, can I bring some cook books, I have been going trough my few hundred cookbooks and have at least 30 to give away, some church cook books some small specialized ones.

Hi, Kiseta. The swap is supposed to be garden related and a secret. If you would like to have cookbooks out on a table for sharing...feel free to bring them. Most of us gardeners like to cook too. An example of a "white elephant" is one year I got a painted 6" plant pot. The gifter hated the decoration. Well, truthfully, I didn't love it either but it is perfect on my potting bench for holding plant tags, markers, ties, etc..

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Brenda nut, I'll take the leftover hostas.. I love orphans.
Brenda wholly hosta,,, saving a big cereus for you.
bringing white elephant something...
WOW, Kiseta, I am amazed at that many cookbooks. I bet they'll go fast. Plant markers or black sharpie pens are a great white elephant goodie..hint, hint.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Asking for my friend Bonnie, who some of ya'll know (and is coming with me) and who will send me her list later for posting - and she will have some nice things for trade

Wholyhosta Brenda: hosta & any epimedium

Sandy: Elephant ears & Berkonigin Brugmansia

Plantnutz Brenda : bletilla & Persciaria

Mike - peanut butter bush

that's Bonnie on the left and me on the right and that HUGE crinum bulb was from Farmerpickle, I think (?) Look at that bloom! (Jonesboro 2007)

This message was edited May 31, 2011 12:09 PM

Thumbnail by sterhill
Lula, GA

STERLING- I have extras of both Bonnie's requests, so I will put her name on them. Glad to hear she is coming.
Amazing crinum!

ELAINE- Thanks so much!!!

Lula, GA

STERLING, Sandy and I would each love to try our Ryan's yellow Dendranthemum!

Lula, GA

BRENDA/plantnutz- can you haul 3-5 mature brugmansia back home in your vehicle? Up to 7 gallon size pots and maybe 6' tall, some of them.

Brenda B

This message was edited May 31, 2011 2:21 PM

Lula, GA

Okey, not one person has asked for a Mouse Tail plant!!

Here is a link, to whet your interest!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/53023/

I'm feeling like a plant hog this time around, WholyBrenda. lol I'd love a mouse tail if you keep the mouse.

Elaine, those are great ideas. Dried flowers, herbs from your garden, or old gardening magazines are fun too.

Lula, GA

Hey, Laurel, added a pinellia to your list- thanks!

You get the thanks, Brenda. Whoo hoo! BTW, does this mean you agree to keep the mouse?

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

ooo, I want a mouse tail plant....
I need to get out again tomorrow and add some more stuff to my list.

Just added green pepper basil. Few small plants.

This message was edited May 31, 2011 9:35 PM

Oh, they are unique.I would like one, if the cats won't tease it. Just kidding, Yes, I have a spot for that. Mike

Lula, GA

LOL, Laurel! Those are the only mice my outdoor cats leave alone!

Elaine, Mike, got one for you, too! They have a little bulb, and are sometimes called voodoo lilies and are related to Jack in the Pulpits.

Brenda

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Elaine, do you have another Indian Dunes geranium? Or the Henry Duelberg Salvia? If so, I would love some!

Sterhill, got Bonnie covered!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

oooh - I want a mouse tail too! Glad you posted a picture. I had the idea this was a succulent. Must be thinking burro's tail (?)

and WH Brenda I have you down for a Ryan and Sandy too...

and thanks PN - Brenda for Bonnie's!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 7:40 AM

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

http://davesgarden.com/sweepstakes/2011-Proven-Winners/ Dave's Garden in doing/hosting (?) a Proven Winners contest - until June 30

Lula, GA

Hello everone, Im excited to come to the swap. It's geting close now!

Sandy

Hi SandyGT, we're glad you can come!

Sterling, I thought the mousetail was a succulent too. I love voodoo lilies and Jack in the pulpit.

To All who have multiple edits...I learned last year that I could shorten edited posts by editing out the italics edits. This way I don't end up with a lengthy span of edit messages.

Oh K ???
Mike

Just looking back at a coupla posts where the messages indicating edits are lengthy, Mike. Some may not realize you can edit out the edit lines. I didn't know.
Laurel

Lula, GA

ELAINE- I had to look it up, I thought you forgot the comma between green pepper and basil, but no, there is such a basil~~~
Please, I would like to try one on them! Green pepper and basil flavor in one plant!!!

STERLING- I will put you down for a pinellia/mousetail plant!

Laurel, you are right--- I erase my previous edit message each time I edit my list or my edits would be longer than my trade list!!! LOL!

Brenda

Anyone have room for a tropical, the walking iris is a beauty! Such a poor name for such a spectacular bloomer. The blue in the blossom is brilliant.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/15337/

Lula, GA

We are harvesting raspberries now- yum. ....................And more in the Fall! Double yum!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the Heritage raspberries I am offering above in my trade list.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2011 4:39 PM

Thumbnail by wholyhosta

Brenda, stop twisting my arm!!! Oh, okay. You win. I'll take one. walking iris. lol I've got a small solarium.

For tomatoes ready to sucker there is...
1. Mortgage Lifter (already done)
2. German Queen volunteer plants to dig)
3. Black Krim
4. Sun Gold (a yellow cherry)
5. Abe Lincoln
6. Cherokee Purple
7. Laurel's Lefty
I'll have other varieties to cut by RU time. Sorry I can't dig, root or divide plants in advance. What with roving back and forth between houses I can't take care of them properly.

This message was edited Jun 2, 2011 4:58 PM

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Brendahosta, saving you green pepper basil. I would love a walking iris.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.