What's Happening in your neck of the woods?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Scalloped potatoes, my favorite..had ham last night but mashed potatoes..should have tagged along with you!

Haven't had supper yet, bit on the lazy side, should order from the restaurant and do delivery..lol

Been laying here on the couch, every once in awhile a woodpecker comes a knocking on the bannister..guess he doesn't want me falling asleep too early in the evening!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Carol and Joy
Super Crocus's and Cute Iris's.
Scalloped Potatoes are a decadent favorite here too.
Carol I think that it was the Hosta Choice web site where I saw the Dancing Mouse, don't remember how much though, as soon as I saw it I thought of you.
I can't be lazy tonight I have my dear MIL coming for dinner so I'd better get going or she will find me typing instead of cooking.
Plants are thriving in the G house it was 95 in there today.
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

Alberta Ann, did you pull up a chaise lounge and enjoy the afternoon?

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Sat outside for a bit and moved things around in the G House as I'm hoping to get it going. Not too much time for real sitting though. Too much to do and never enough time to do it, just like the rest of you!
Alberta Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I did a brave thing this morning- took the flannel sheets off my bed!
Of course I still have a heated mattress pad should it get a bit chilly!

Continued raking leaves off the perennial beds- already have 8 large bags ( which will go to a local community garden compost) and probaby as much as that left if not more. I think I must have picked up some extra bags last year from neighbors- dont ever remember having so many as this previously!

Driving south to Clareshome ( about 1 1/2 hrs) tomorrow to get a sheltie coming from the SPCA in Lethbridge.
She is 10-12 years old and overweight so will be going on a diet and getting lots of exercise pretty promptly. (I am not fostering)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well it sounds as though spring has finally arrived for you both..getting to play outside and breathing in fresh air will surely put a smile on your faces..

Rained most of the day..very dull but warmer than last week..saying rain front arriving later tonight along with high winds..let's get it over so that the weekend will be full of sunshine.

Glad you added that you wouldn't be fostering, was going to say you must go put a bid on a larger home if you keep adding doggies..

Yikes, couldn't bare to change my sheets to cotton..just too comfy..

Today I played with crafts at work..lol..first time in about 6 weeks I've felt like my old self..thrilled to death that I'm on the mend

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty does that mean your head has settled down? I hope it was the high BP then the meds will fix it.

Carol just how many furries are you at now? 3 D's and 1 C ? Snow must be all gone or almost if you are raking. Double checked on the Dancing Mouse....it is new at Hosta Choice and right now it's 30.00 for a baby so next year it should be more available and a much better price.

We have a nice day here again and I think it is at 17 or so. G house is still working fine with my heat mats on overnight and a fan all day. Hope they can stay out there as they do so much better outside.

Alberta Ann

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Chilly Willy day here .. I got into town .. made it through Safeway without feeling faint .. so .. I think I, too, may be on the mend ^_^
Will find out FOR SURE tomorrow as I am taking BOTH dogs in to groomed .. first time ever they have gone together .. giving it a try ..

Watching the 'Kings Speech' tonight .. getting ready for Friday and the Royal Wedding .. am hoping that all the IMPORTANT stuff is accomplished by 9:20am (ET) as I am taking Lorna to an appt. Really, all I WANT to see is Kate's dress LoL ... and of course the OSTENTATIOUS head gear that the 'upper crust' will have perched on their heads !! Am thinking ... LOTS of feathers !!

Waiting for it to either rain .. or ... SNOW ... wind is brutal ...

Toodles

~M~

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

I'm feeling better but my balance is bad today.It must be the weather.I've learned to live with it.The Crowne Plaza hotel is having an English breakfast at 6:30 Am to watch the Royal Wedding.I'd love to go but don't know of anyone else who is interested.My youngest daughter teaches kindergarten and plans to celebrate all week.On Friday they will have a tea and watch the wedding.She is using my silver tea service and china cups and saucers.I'm happy to see them used. They haven't been to a Tea party in many years.JOY

I'm feeling better but my balance is bad today.It must be the weather.I've learned to live with it.The Crowne Plaza hotel is having an English breakfast at 6:30 Am to watch the Royal Wedding.I'd love to go but don't know of anyone else who is interested.My youngest daughter teaches kindergarten an plans to celebrate all week.On Friday they will have a tea and watch the wedding.She is using my silver tea service and china cups and saucers.I'm happy to see them used. They haven't been to a Tea party in many years.JOY

Victoria Harbour, ON

AlbertaAnn, look like it was high blood pressure all along, haven't seen my own doctor yet since I got the meds but vision is almost back to normal and odd light headache..you'd have thought that he'd have checked that first right? Almost tempted to cancel the Doppler May 9th!!

As I type I'm playing t.v. Bingo , poor cards, not going to win $$$ with them. Lol

Joy, would have been nice for you to go watch the wedding at the Crown Plaza..maybe you'll find someone..still a few more days..I'm sure the children will enjoy the tea party..wish I had a teacher who did things like that when I was a child..they are lucky to have her and your silver tea set as well..omg I use mine as a flower pot on back deck table.. not good about your balance..do you have stairs you have to climb,you must so watchful

"M" I loved the King's Speach' am sure you will enjoy! I absolutely love seeing women wear hats , try them on and I look like an idiot!

Better go concentrate on bingo, jackpot is coming up...I'll be back if I win!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Marilyn I m sure it will be all over by then and into repeats! Not sure when the TV stations are starting coverage but most seem to be between 1 and 4AM ( MST) so imagine I will be up most of the night! I think there is also a live feed on the computer.
I watched the Swedish wedding on the computer.

Ann we are just at 3- Bailey and Abby and foster Sassy. The dog from Lethbridge( Sadie) will be fostered by somebody else. Her pickup is delayed as they found a problem with pee and are treating and dont want to let her go until antibiotics finished next week. Glad they have the concern but it means I might have to make the whole trip myself.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - so glad you're only getting light headaches and feeling more like yourself!! I love hats, and will be showing "the King's Speech" as Movie Night next month. This month it's R.E.D. (this Friday, actually)

Carol - I, too, have a mattress heater, and it's fabulouso! Took our flannels off quite awhile ago.

The King's Speech was wonderful, and Susan, you are SURE to enjoy 'RED' .. hilarious and action packed ..

Carol .. i COULD be up at that hour, but, think I'll have to settle for the re runs .. still get all nostalgic when I see footage of Lady Di in her gown .. we were on vacation on the Island in BC, Tofino to be exact, when the wedding took place .. doubtless it'll be replayed til we all want to shout 'UNCLE' ;-)

S N O W I N G this morning, and windy .. going to be a treacherous (or sloppy) ride into the city with the 2 dogs .. and am thinking once they're bathed and groomed they'll come home to MUD !!! UGGggggggggggg ...

Best go

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Talk about torrential rains and more to come tonight..thought I'd drop in to say the show king!s speech, th oiginal is on tonight..not sure if its the documentary or movie..here its at 10pm. Hoping I can stay awake

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Betty The Real Kings Spech is not the recent movie but a documentary and is very interesting- lots of videos/audio of the King and also 3 men who were treated by Logue when they were young.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes that is the one I want to watch since I've seen the nre one a few months ago..will have to keep pinching myself th keep awake another 2 hours.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

(pinch, pinch)..... naw, that didn't hurt, Betty - but now you'll stay awake LOL

So, Betty, did you manage to stay awake and watch the program?
Must have been interesting as the movie was wonderful.

Spoke with one of the larger Greenhouse operators here yesterday. He is Dutch and along with his wife and family run a top notch operation .. he grows tomatoes year round .. he feels we are going to have a soggy/windy summer here in North western ON. Good year for planting cabbage says he LoL.
Dontcha know it, the wind came up around 4pm yesterday, and has blown steadily all night. One of the few times I gripe about having placed a large tubular windchime so close to the house !!!

Not sure what the day will bring .. I know a trip to town is planned .. movies to return ..
I feel so so .. upper arms/shoulders won't let me sleep beyond 6am ... am going to go to Shoppers and ask about Tylenol #1, I remember ViAnn saying you can purchase it over the counter .. as long as there is no codeine in it, I'll try it ..

ONE more day til the wedding ^_^
Is Jenn's day Saturday ? Keep thinking it's today for some reason, and, of course, May 2nd is E DAY ... political hound that I am, i KNOW I'll be watching those results like a Hawk !!!

Enjoy your day

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, slept except for the last 10 minutes..I'll check t.v. guide surely it will be on again..the last 10 minutes he gave his speach which was so impressive seeing as the hurdles he had ..

Understand "M" that you might be getting a few inches of snow today or tomorrow..drats the weather is something else..was sunshine when I walked the gardens this morning, even saw all the lilac trees opening up..oooohhh by next week perhaps I'll have leaves..everything is just such a brilliant green..sure a nice feeling to know what's coming up!

Have to go back in the threads to see when Jenn is getting married..hoping weather improves Windsor way..

Waving to all

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

"M" Tylenol 1 has codine in it and yes you can buy it over the counter, you just have to ask.
We had -1 last night and I managed to keep part of my G house at +60F so my little ones are ok for today. I have heat mats for at night and a small heater that I can localize the heat by the plants. I also cover with a row cloth to keep the heat near the plants. We do have -3 coming up so yikes. I will have to pay attention.
Very cloudy today and it looks like snow. We could use a good rain it's so dusty out there.
Ann

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snowing in Calgary since mid morning.

Probably should take a nap this afternoon and go to bed early- gettin g up about 3 to watch the wedding!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Temps are dropping here as well but doubt low enough to snow..winds coming up..not your norm for spring..feels for you gals who are getting snow!

Poor flowers haven't a clue as to wether to peek their pretty heads out or not!!

Well put new breaks and bearings on the car, just called and that's not the problem so off to the dealership it goes in the morning..I'm not thrilled with that..there goes my allowance!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snow stopped in the afternoon but apparently more coming tonight!

WOW .. isn't this a SHOW ^_^
Have been watching THE most beautiful Royal Wedding and enjoying it immensley .. a VERY handsome couple, and Catherine's dress is simply elegant ..
SIGH .. I am a HOPELESS romantic :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Watched it as well "M" think Queen's grandaughters didn't do justice to their garb, not flattering at all! but the rest, omg..fairytale for sure..

raining here..can't believe that we will have sunshine tomorrow and a high of 17..will have to work outside all day as the sunshine days are so few...talk about an array of greens out there..

After putting new tires, new brakes, bearing on front wheels winding sound still there so it's at the dealership, not looking forward to that call..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Snowing here again!

Watched the wedding, went back to bed about 530 but the dogs started bugging me by 7 so had to get up. Probably have to nap this afternoon!

Everytime I see pics of Beatrice and Eugenie I cringe- ( I lurk on a number of royal related websites) those fascinators look just plain dumb to me- perhaps things will change as they get older -I am not generally thrilled with their clothing style either but they are young and probably many girls of their generation dress the same. Wonder what QEll thinks of it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think they are homely as sin..someone said the Queen had to approve dress wear, if she did, I think she's in need of better glasses..not being cruel it's just that those outfits were not at all flattering

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Well you have all made me curious and I'm gonna have to look!

We were supposed to have -3 last night but nary a sight of the frost so that is good.
GHouse maintained 60 degree so my little ones are safe and I don't have to bring them in. WHEW.
Sun is shinning and our rain has cleaned some of the dust off everything. It actually smells better out there today.
I will have to look in the garden to see if anything has popped up yet.
Alberta Ann

Victoria Harbour, ON

So I wasn't dreaming!!

I'll have to take a photo of the news clipping that is in our local paper this evening..showing Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip in our town in 1959. Feel better now that I know I did remember!

Betty, rest assured, I think all your marbles are still intact ^_^

Waht a wonderful day here in TBay yesterday .. warming sun with a temp of 17C and a lovely south wind .. was able to get out for a walk, I 'typically' OVER dressed and was sure happy when we got back to our property where the driveway is half in shade !!
The woods are 'greening up' and, undoubtedly the 'Marsh Marigolds' will be popping up in the ditches soon.
I put some 'Deer Scram' on and around my Day Lilies and it seems to have stopped the deer from snacking !!
BUT, with every NICE day .. we seem to get 2 crummy ones .. right now it's 5C and sunny, but rain is predicted by noon.

Still reading, and looking at pics, of the Royal Wedding .. I have to say .. the hats are bordering on laughable .. I do think the British Prime Ministers wife did well in adorning her hair with a glittery barret, some feel she breached protocol, but I think she looked lovely !!

Guess I should sart the laundry ... am still puzzling over the hand out from Hydro which tells me doing laundry and running dishwashers/dryers etc is perfectly fine on WEEKENDS as it is OFF PEAK time? Wouldn't that be when most folks are doing that .. weekend off .. ??

TTFN

~M~

PS .. Happy day Alison .. hope your wedding goes perfectly ^_^

This message was edited Apr 30, 2011 6:53 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, calling for much the same kind of day here that you had yesterday..birds are just a chirping, was up quite a bit during the night and am raring to go but I had a woman drop in last night for the B&B..she is from Germany traveling Ontario and flies home Tuesday..she will leave here this morning, my early and her early are not quite the same. Lol ..her plans are to stop into midland,gravenhurst,bracebridge and likely spend the night in Huntsville..tomorrow she will work her way to Ottawa via Algonquin park spend the night then on to Montreal where she catches her plane..lovely lady mid to late 30's I would say..

So I'm being quiet..wanted to be in Midland early this am to get my 'to do' list done and to pick up either a tree or shrub to plant in ,Tubbytee's name as a memorial remembrance of his friendship ...ahhh. It's only 8am..would I be nasty if I started making noise???

Hope you all have a sunshine day

Betty, has your house guest left ? Seems she still has quite the trip ahead of her before she boards her flight in Mntrl.

Just now IN from being OUT .. this strong northerner (supposedly) headed back in because the temps are FRIGID .. was looking at all the sprouting greenery and about got blown away ..

Election day tomorrow, the dash for the finish line looks as though it's going to be interesting to watch .. I like watching either Lloyd Robertson or Peter Mansbridge try to predict the winners .

Take care all

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hello there, was up so early this morning, had to beat the masses at home depot for emerald cedars. .. Great buy..managed over the weekend to pick up 8... Had I not spent me $$$ on glasses, tires,brakes, travel trailer tarp this past month think I'd have purchased 20 or 30 to do properly line on one side..

Managed to get them planted, looked like rain any second but argot but a few drops, imagine we'll get some later or the high winds might have blown rain clouds away!

So now I'm chilled to the bone, already bathed, in my jammies, covered up and tring to get enough energy to go and sew..

Elections..I predict..majority for conservatives with NDP as the next leading party then the Liberals..all this from watching t.v. Lol

Typical 'Election Day Weather' here .. snow !!! Not lots, and, it won't stay, but it's sure brisk and breezy.

CNN is my 'homepage' and I was taken aback by the headlinr this morning AND the ensuing 'story'. Apparently Osama Bin Laden has been killed by the US in Pakistan. His body (according to his religion) was immediatley 'buried at sea'. I am speechless .. and find this very far fetched.

Off to vote in a bit .. then a quick trip to town ..

Hope everyone votes :-) gonna be a 'nail biter' ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I was just climbing into bed last night when President Obama came on, of course after that I spend 1/2 the night listening to all reports..I would tend to believe the reports are true, doubt the President and al those involved would put out to the public knowing that it would be the end of their careers...only difference is I would not have burried him at sea re his religion..nope, not

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I missed that bit about the body being 'buried at sea'. I would have thought the USA would want be to pretty sure they had visible proof, grisley though it might be, that he is dead.

Had a lovely lazy day yesterday, going out to vote this morning, taking a neighbor along.

A friend ( one of our foster moms) who is an artist is coming over this afternoon and being given free rein to rehang my pictures. I have a lot and they tend to be left in the same place for many years ( like since I moved in 20 years ago!) Because of the sloped ceilings in the 2nd level I cannot hang anything but small pics there and also have quite a few stored in the basement. Some of the stored ones I dont care about hanging again - maybe only on the basement walls!

She is also bringing over her Dremel and we will do the dogs nails. Foster Buddy and her dog Shadow will also be coming.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh sure wish I knew how to do Sailor's nails with a dremmel or any nail clipper..needs being done..guess I should call and get an appt.

Ohhh....you'll have a pretty house with all your pictures hung..sure does change a room..mine are always crooked and helter skelter, most are paintings I've done through different mediums..

You'll so enjoy your day with your friend..

They were saying main reason for being burried at sea as not to have a location for the radicals to go pay tribute and make him out a hero..well thought out I would say!!

The latest news...BBC News: Three Irishmen are feared drowned after setting off this morning to dig Osama Bin Laden's grave.

Should have used scuba gear I guess :-)

HUGE NDP win here .. and all in all .. an election I sure will not forget .. lots of losses for the Liberals ..
I do think I heard we have a Provincial election this fall ?

Beauty day here .. 14C .. just the breezes to contend with.
Did some shopping, got some artificial flowers for my parents grave site .. seems every year on Mothers Day I buy the carnation boquets from the MS Society, put them on the grave, go back in a month and .. well .. not nice .. so .. 'fakies' it is ..

Making spaghetti for supper, better start rattling some pot and pans ^_^

~M~

PS .. has everyone seen Jen's wedding photo .. she has a thread .. beautiful ~~~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.