What's Happening in your neck of the woods?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank Vi-Ann, hadn't realized it was getting so long.

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1168293/

So want the 'praying hands' hosta...have to give them a call and see if they can ship!

This message was edited Apr 20, 2011 3:39 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Good luck to everyone ordering the Hosta .. I seem to have too much wildlife that thinks the stuff is an ULTIMATE delicacy.

Finally got Gord's ticket ordered using AirMiles .. LORDIE .. sometimes something that SHOULD be so easy can be so difficult !!

T&P with Ann and Mike Betty ...

Off to cook supper.

TTFN

~M~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Found you. Thanks for the new link.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - "mouse" basket?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Looks more like Christmas Eve morning than the start zof Easter break, yikes white still on roof and cars need cleaning of snow...bitter cold, hope none of you put away those snugglies yet!

Guess all are getting busy getting Easter groceries, chocolates etc.? Still haven't made my mind if I will do Easter or not..almost tempted to see if the Marketplace in Barrie is open Easter..they have everything on their buffet..coming, so best I make up my mind

No snow here Betty .. thanfully ALL that was here is now disappearing, but, early morning temps are still quite chilly.

Had a restless night .. besides the fact my shoulders allow little sleep, it seems a Fox decided to chase ?something? around 2:30am .. don't know if you've all heard what a Fox on the chase sounds like (they SCREAM) but, it was fer sure a waker upper and it went on for about half an hour. Of course, Lilly and Piper wanted IN on that action , so they were growling and sniffing at the doors .. finally stopped, but it was sure hard getting back to sleep !!

Birdsong is coming earlier each morning .. LOVE IT :-)

Off to make a cuppa and enjoy the Robins serenading ~

~M~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHBG3ABUJU

Enjoy this link .. it is SO like me at times !!!

~M~

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan: this is what I have on order this year:
Cat and Mouse
Country Mouse
Frosted Mouse Ears
Snow Mouse
Mighty Mouse
Desert Mouse
Holy Mouse
Lucky Mouse

I had a couple of these from 1-2 years ago and lost them so have had to reorder.
My new hosta bed ( started 2 years ago) is mostly mice! The pic is from 2009

Thumbnail by fancyvan
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol Carol that is so funny - "mouse box"
I have some hostas too, but I don't know if they'll come back this year. They were fine in 2009, but looked puny in 2010. They're in a shady spot in my back yard, and it gets about 3 hours of good sunlight per day. I though this was optimal, cuz the ones I got were shade hostas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

OMG 'M' where are the cameramen hiding...it's ME for sure! think I'm even a tad more confused...lol..thanks for sharring, will pass it on!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice to look at garden photo's as we've a blizzard going on...

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

Betty I hope you keep that storm.The sun is just coming out after our last weather episode.It will be a quiet Easter for me.I had my cataract removed on Monday then Yesterday found out I have another chest infection.The family are going to Grand Mannan for the weekend.I'm glad I'm independent. My eldest daughter is in town and will come if I need her.I just hope they bring me some lobster from GM. JOY

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear Joy you are under the weather..won't send snow your way promise....guess it will take a bit to see an improvement..best you stay inside,you'd not want to get infection in the eyes from the wind..sure hope you get your lobster..

Think all of us Canadians are going to be spending Easter indoors..going to drop at fabric shops on my way home so I have supplies to play all weekend..hairdresser is working tomorrow rather than Saturday so they have a long weekend, suits me fine..sure do need a haircut..perm that I just go has relaxed so much that it doesn't even have a curl..

Betty I changed hairdressers last fall. My new one has cut my hair so I can wear it almost straight.I'm amazed that I can do it myself after many years of weekly hair appointments .I won't be going out.We are having another snow flurry now.Isn't the weather supposed to change on the full moon? JOY

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm so tempted Joy to have it cut so that I could do something easy with it but I do not look good in short/short hair..guess I enjoy paying perms prices..wouldn't mind if they lasted a bit more..

Blue sky here now, tomorrow will be best of the 3 days..rain coming in late afternoon but still very cold.

At lunch I went to a fabric store, bought supplies to keep myself busy this weekend..I'm in a pot holder swap, she wanted something to match her decor - grapes and such..omg found the loveliest of material..back fabric is wine bottle caps..hoping tomorrow I can put an end to that swap..not feeling well these past 6 months, got to tell you, sure put me behind the eighth ball..lol

Joy went and looked at my amarylis this morning..lordy leaves are about 2' long-about 4 or 5 of them, am sure they'll never have bloom..so sad about that..

Hope you get your lobster!!!

Betty .. laughing hard hear .. MANY years ago .. one of the nurses I was working with got a perm .. gosh .. it looked SO nice, and Karen was SO pleased with it .. easy to care for yadda yadda. So .. off I went to my hairdresser, sat through the smell and burning scalp and watery eyes .. and POOF .. BOZO the clown was born !!! Good Lord can my hair HOLD a perm or what, that puppy lasted 6 months !!!!! Never had another one .. I have a natural wave in my hair so I just need to keep it cut properly and I'm good to go ..

C O L D here today .. raking for a good part of the day .. yard is coming together ..

Off to get supper on ..

Joy .. take care

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm so laughing..bozo the clown, doubt it, bet everyone loved it...
At least it is not snowing or raining right now, doesn't matter, I've eaten, had my bath, in my nighty, laying on the couch and ready for a night of relaxation..now if I could get rid of headache, life would be perfect

Well Betty .. I sure hope the headache situation is under control today.
An MRI would not show high blood pressure .. that's something that a human (your doc or a medical professional) will have to physically monitor. This is VERY worrisome ..

Re BOZO .. I had pics, would have to find the album .. at the time I had MOUNDS of jet black hair .. lemme tell ya .. I was going in and having a trim almost every 2 to 3 weeks just to get RID of it, and NO WAY was it leaving !!! My hairdresser KNEW I was VERY unhappy .. but .. what the heck .. a once in a lifetime thing for me .. my Mum was furious with me ..

We were to have had a storm overnight, I think it went somewhere else .. now it scheduled to appear overnight .. 5-8cm of snow ... IKkkkkkkkkkkk

Best go and feed the Blue Jays, they're raising heck outside !!!

~M~

This message was edited Apr 22, 2011 2:51 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Been up so very early, played gamed/watched tv/ even got the 3 socks panels done for the 3 blankets I'm doing " 12 months of Christmas" what to heck,keeps snowing so what else would I be thinking..

Spoke with mom, she might be coming home from the hospital today..cheked my blood pressure, almost on target so if I don't overdo I might have a day without my head pounding..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I've spent a very quiet day.Watched "The King's Speech on TV,overindulged on Easter treats brought by a friend, I took pictures of my window garden .GD came by for a visitDon't feel that well so will crawl into bed with Willow. JOY

Thumbnail by agedgardener

Another picture

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg Joy, have to tell you those are spectacular..you've a green thumb for sure..I'm going to midd my amaryllis this year...do hope you are not coming down with something!

I managed to do much but nothing. Lol. Now that is not true, was playing with quilt blocks and had it not been for Ann and her daughter dropping in I'd have burnt th house..burnt supper doesn't taste the best.

Love the Lilies Joy, and I do so hope your chest infection is clearing ..

Betty, your 12 days of Xmas blanket is lovely ..or should I say blankets? OR ..quilt blocks .. whatever, sure is nice!!

Woke up to a full on snow storm this morning .. supposed to turn into rain later on .. not even going to venture a guess as to what Easter Sunday will be like ... as a child THAT was the day we wore new dresses, hats, shoes and GLOVES to Church .. THAT is a great memory ^_^

Enjoy your day everyone, and Happy Easter

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Victoria Harbour, ON

DrAts, had an entire post typed and not sure what I touched on the iPad but went Bye bye

Didn't sleep most of the night due to storm..had yard all cleaned and you should see the tree branches on the ground..

Was in town just after 7am thinking I would beat the rush but everyone had same idea.

Last year I lost 2 cedars out front, Home Depot opened their garden center this morning..had them on for $15.99 so was a great time to replace them. No sooner got home that Kyle arrived so in the rain we managed to get them planted. I really should have purchased a few more..they were 6' and healthy well formed trees..might go back for a few more.

yes, Easter for me was the same..got at new outfits..off to church we'd go, holding on to our little purses, white gloves in hand, new shoes and outfit, even a new coat and proud as can be..almost think more people would look at the Easter parade of style dressed woman than what the preacher was preaching!

Said the sun would come out this morning but I'm sure they've made an error...

Kyle will be leaving shortly then a nap I'll have

Hope you are all well and will all enjoy Easter.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol re: bozo hair, Marilyn - when I was about 19, my inlaws wanted to meet me so my DH & I planned our trip to Toronto. I went to the hairdressers and she did an UpDo for me with about 200 bobby pins..... Well, I kept my hair that way for the train trip, and meeting my future inlaws the next day. Then when I washed it and took it out...... well, it looked like a very wide-bottomed pyramid! and soooooo frizzy! I have pics too, but don't know where. We went to Niagara Falls, and saw Maid of the Mist, and had to wear rain coats... I looked soooooo weird! Took about a month to get my normally-straight hair back. Sooooo Frizzy!! The damp air around Niagara Falls sure didn't help, either LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

That sounds so funny Susan, things we do to make ourselves beautiful and end up looking worse that when we started..lol. Did you make an impression with your MIL?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Oh yes, I surely did make an impression with my MIL, Betty - she made snide remarks about why we were getting married so quickly. They, after all, had just met me in Sept and we were getting married in Dec. But we'd been planning this since June, so I was NOT preggers!!
I was devastated at her inference, and left the room in tears. My fiance was furious and gave 'em "what for" - said this was no way to talk to someone they just met, let alone his fiance!. This was my now-ex, btw.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad he stood up for you Susan! Filled to the bones, off for a bath

Victoria Harbour, ON

If I happened to show up on your door step crying, would you care?

If I called you and asked you to pick me up because something happened, would you come?

If I had one day left to live my life, would you be part of that last day?

If I needed a shoulder to cry on, would you give me yours?

Do you know what the relationship is between your two eyes?

They blink together,
they move together,
they cry together,
they see things together,
and they sleep together,
but they never see each other;
....that's what friendship is..
Your aspiration is your motivation, your
motivation is your belief,
your belief is your peace,
your peace is your target,
your target is heaven, and life is like hard core torture without it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I had dropped in this morning before starting my day, do hope you've had a wonderful Easter! Sunshine day here..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sunshine here, too.
got to be 16 c here today, and very very sunny - no coats here!!!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy Easter All.
Joy , lovely flowers in your home, hope you are feeling better.
Carol I think I saw a "Dancing Mouse" on the Hosta Choice website when I was there looking at what was on sale. Aren't I the big tease!
For all of you who have permed and lost there are many of us who have permed and won. The commentary sure brought back memories of hair trouble that continues to this day.
Did a whirlwind down to Calgary and back for my Dad's 80th Birthday party. We have such great weather that when I got home I moved my plants into the green house and there they be!
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ann - oooooooooh hope your Dad had a great 80th birthday party! Did you happen to get congratulatory letters/certificates/pins from members of parliament (all branches do this - provincial and Federal)?
We did this for my Mom's 80th and 90th. The Queen will send for 100th!! My mom's 92 this May 2nd ^_^

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ann I will put it on the list for next year!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ann, how exciting for your dad. To celebrate not only his 80th birthday with family but having Easter with them as well..

Glad you all had a sunshine day, was fantastic here as well..over the weekend I managed to get 6quilt blocks done for a swap, winter covering off back deck, trees planted and some burning done..omg even went down to the lake at the end of my road..must do that more often..so close and yet I never think of doing it..So a lot accomplished..

Wish we had Easter Monday off like some..

Busy day yesterday preparing and cooking the dinner .. and then not being able to enjoy it as I had 'over extended' myself and ended up in bed with the heating pad on my shoulders ..lesson learned .. AGAIN !!

Susan .. I have been busy ordering (asking) for the certificates and letters as Lorna's parents celebrate wedding anniversary #60 in July .. so far so good .. they'll be here for a visit prior to that day , but I had the certificates sent to their home .. still 'up in the air' here as to whether we'll chance a trip down.

Alta Ann Happy bDay to your Dad !!! Nice to hear your weather is turning .. ours has stalled!! BIG wind yesterday with a tremendous downpour around 3pm .. then sun again .. so .. with the wind .. the 15C temps got to 11C.
Same for today followed by a showery week.

Wishing everyone a GREAT last week of April ^_^

~M~

Today is the first really warm day we've had this spring.I sat on the porch for quite awhile.When I got too warm I ventured out back with my camera and this is what I found.Now I'm all in and will try to nap till it's time for supper.JOY

And a closeup of the crocus

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ahhh Joy, wonderful spring flowers..now you should have picked yourself a bouquet but then your house if filled with pretty flowers already, just beautiful!

"M" sorry you over did it..hope the pain eases off

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nice weekend here too, been raking leaves off the perennial beds, lots of litle bulbs and the Hepaticas blooming, daffodils out front are up an inch or two.

Out for dinner twice this weekend- ham and scalloped potatoes both times ( my contribution to one of them!) Not often I get to have a nice ham.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2011 4:10 PM

Thumbnail by fancyvan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.