Show your favorite Eye and Edge!!!!!!!

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

The last drought like this was 1917, I should have known it was coming after the last two dry, dry summers. The brush fires here are scarey. I just got through watering again, it takes about two hours to water by hose. I have lost quite a few daylilies already. I hate Deja Vu.

The dayliles I recently received are potted and doing well though Fred and Lyle. Can't wait for blooms.

We have lots of scapes and Lemon Dew Drop and Little Fat Dazzler have bloomed.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I wondered if anyone of our TX posters were being threatened by wildfires. Hope you get some nice spring rains soon ~j

Montgomery, TX(Zone 9a)

WELL Spring has come and gone here, we're expecting the high in the 90's the rest of this week.
Spring was glorious except for the lack of rain, and the wind. That never ending pesky wind. I thought March would carry them away, but they have remained steadily blowing everyday. With the heat I almost see the daylilies suck up what moisture they can and poof it's dry again. I spend each day watering.
The fire in Magnolia which is about 20-25 miles away was close enough for me. We are nervous. We live in the woods.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

wind & dry & a nearby fire. that would make me nervous too. ~j

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Is it just me or have we had a lot more wind this Spring?
We got home from a fishing trip and the wind was horrid the past 2 days instead of a sunbun I think I got a wind burn. Hang in there April. I hope you guys in TX get some much needed rain!

I cannot get to may parents the normal way the river is flooding. So the alternate route is 43 miles. Odd Spring

Elizabeth City, NC(Zone 8b)

OMGosh! Lyle I love that UPPERMOST EDGE and Iris I love that Guilded By Grace! Those two are awesome! I love Master of the Vineyard too.

Thumbnail by DayBloomer
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Ohhh Pretty Pretty my little Sweeties. Yummm. Come inside and I will give you cookies and milk as you warm by the oven ( and then I will grab all your daylilies and run) HAHAHHA

~Puts a protective shield around my dayliles, smiles and asks sweetly, 'What kinda cookies?'

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Oh you want to know what kind of cookie you little child of the daylilies. They are full of sugar and spice pecans and golden raisins and my special dusting of gold my sweet. Do come in a spell !!!!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

DayBloomer, Thanks! GBG is one of my favs, Had to have it ever since I seen Lyles picture of it!!

Rebloomnut, Those cookies sound good!!! lol!

Mmm hmm they do Iris, but keep an eye on your daylilies! ;)

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Yes little children do keep an eye as I bake the sweet confections just for you.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Small dose of sleeping medication maybe??? LOL!!! A light spell..... When you wake up, The Dl's will be gone!! .... I think we will need lots of coffee with those cookies!

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

But coffee is getting expensive!

Hmmm starting to sound like Jan is in on this with Steph! Let's keep an eye on her too!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Oh do not fret my children, we will not harm you. Have a sit and smell the golden sweets baking just for you. (Checking your hems for scapes now). What might you have that an sweet old lady would want as thanks for the golden biscuits I have baked for you to pleasure upon.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2011 7:59 AM

I'm skeered!

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

You should be, it's still winter up here, in the north, and we are getting desperate!!! ~

wink, wink

Jan

It's going to be daylily weather soon! I can't wait!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Cleaned out a cple beds yesterday and there was green under all the mulch. It was windy and kept blowing it back but we kept at it.

The rain we had today washed the epsom salt and milorganite down to where the daylilies can drink it up. I'm hoping to see a jump in them this weekend. Still have to put out the calcium nitrate. I'm going to feed milorganite to my hostas this weekend too.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Wish I had fertilized today as expecting 1-2" of snow. Stupid weather.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Steph, sorry to hear that. We are getting a break from the rain today (61°). Rain return tomorrow afternoon (72°).

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Ditto Mike - I even have to cut my grass today. sorry Steph. ~j

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Champagne and Caviar

Thumbnail by gingerjar

Awww Stephy you need to move down here to NC, it's beautiful here today!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Mike thanks you and what is that beautiful white blizzard of bloom?

Cutting grass?? Not here. Just starting to snow.

Freda is my room ready>

OK gingerjar that is just too pretty. Love it/

Cartersville, GA

Awww Steph, come on down to Georgia. The weather is great today. But, you will probably want to go back to Montana before July gets here. I'll want to go with you, too!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

That sounds great to me Doris. My DL should be coming on good about then too so it would be the best of Both worlds.

Yes Steph your room is ready. Leave the snow boots home and break out the flip flops, lol.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

HazelCrestMikeB Nice bloom on that Blizzard bush! What is it?

gingerjar, Love the looks of that Champagne and Caviar!!

rebloomnut, DayBloomer so right ! ...You will defenately need the flip-flops!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Flip Flops do sound pretty comfy for sure and a nice glass of lemonade.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh I would for sure add something to the lemonaide!... ~j

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Haha, & I would drink it myself.

LOL we probably wouldn't get much gardening done.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Well, we might, although we might be surprised at the results a few days later! ~j

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Oh would it not be a hoot. I can picture it now and whoa mama what a garden disaster.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Sorry that I'M late answering about that blooming monster. It's a Magnolia that we inherited along with the house purchase. not sure of the name of this species.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Mike it is just beautiful. What a display it makes. Reminds me of Doris's Lady Banks Rose with so many blossoms.

That is a beautiful Star Magnolia! I love those!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.