Thumbnail by shive
Nashville, TN

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT

Thumbnail by shive
Nashville, TN

OPEN DOOR

Thumbnail by shive
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Ohhhh Rasberries in Cream... beautiful! As is Penny Sue - these are beautiful flowers, thanks everyone for posting them ~j

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Raspberries and Cream is a dream!

Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

Here is a couple of seedlings from OPEN MY EYES one of the better eyed and edged parents for me.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

Put it with another good parent.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

This is from another flower of Larry's as a pollen parent.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Lillian, AL(Zone 8a)

One of the better red eyes this past season.

Thumbnail by spunky1
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

If you haven't figured out, I am partial to reds. But all reds in a garden can get boring. But these ones you all are posting with the red eyes and edges... oh my, I am drooling! ~j

Bakersfield, CA

Love all the different color combinatons of these last four, Fred! The last two really catch my eye, and I see the pod parent of both is RASPBERRY STITCHING. I really love the sculpted veins showing in the eyes of both. And the first two have fantastic edgings, especially the one from CRAZY IVAN.

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Fred your blooms are always so beautiful!!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Fascinating to se what the different crosses bring to the table in these Pics. You can see things from both parents in them. Beautiful.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Debra - As always beautiful blooms...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

MONTANA SKY- good parent!

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

MONTANA SKY X BLUE LAKE

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sib #1

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sib 2

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sib 3

Thumbnail by Lyle627
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Been lurking, have on one of these now :)
http://superiorpads.com/Blue-Flannel-Adult-Bibs.html

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sib 4

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Bakersfield, CA

Really beautiful seedlings, Lyle! And that last sib is totally different -- a double that is light pink with the gold edge -- amazing! And it's a really beautiful double, too.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Pixie - Nice bib!

Betty - That seedling has a 99% double bloom and if it continues next season I may register it. I don't hybridize for doubles but I won't compost a nice one either.....lol

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

Love that double.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Margaret - Last season I only bloomed out 2 seedlings that were double the other seedling I would rate at 80% still a decent percentage for a double..

This seedling wasn't as nice as the double above

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Fred and Lyle, your results would make me want to hybridize if I didn't do so already. Congratulations to you both.

Lyle, both doubles show good potential. I love sib 4. I'd like to get it together with my spikey double.

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Bakersfield, CA

Has anyone seen BONIBRAE SHARKY yet? A very impressive toothy double!!!

http://www.fairyscapedaylilies.com/Bonibrae/NewIntros/BonibraeSharky.htm

Check out the parentage, Lyle -- don't you have both of those?

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 2:49 PM

Beaverton, MI

Betja that double is gorgeous. thanks for sharing that.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Lyle those seedling are wonderful. Of course they have Montana Sky in them LOL. The seedling are each so different esp. #4. That might make an awesome cross with Leslie's, Better get the 2 together.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Bonibrae Sharky is super looking!!!!! I have both of those parents myself. Hmmmmm. Never have crossed them.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Leslie - The seedling # 4 is blooming Mid now and has a nice bloom it was a 100% double but I would never list a double more than 99%. I think your KAY DAY seedling is awesome, and would make a nice cross with Barbara Watts. If the seedling blooms out well this spring I will let you know.

Betty – I do have both of those daylilies. I have not seen a garden photo of Bonibrae Sharky the hybridizers photo looks great!

Steph – MONTANA SKY – Is one of those parents you can put difficult to cross daylilies with and get results. It is a hard evergreen in my garden. Leslie has a nice program and I would never have a problem sharing with her!

Cartersville, GA

Lyle--You have a d-mail.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I am curious to see a garden shot of Bonibrae Sharky too. I like the confirmation of how a bloom looks "at home". I love the hybridizer's shot.

Lyle, I lost 2 fans of Barbara Watts when we moved north. It would have made a good cross. David's Kay Day is one of the parents of that seedling.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Leslie - Sorry you lost BW that one will be hard to replace..I have seen Bruce Kovach toothy double and it looks like it might work as well..

Cartersville, GA

Bruce Kovach is going to be our guest speaker at one of our Feb. daylily meetings. He has some beautiful doubles.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I traded doubles with Bruce last year. He sent I Miss You and Walking Hand in Hand. I'm looking forward to using them. Seems like a nice guy.

In other doubles trading last year I got the following:
from Jamie Gossard - Blue Beetle and Heavenly Spider Monkey (from which he's gotten dbs)

from Dan Bachman - Boneless Chicken Ranch, Eat Our Wake Pinta Heads, Hummingbirds on
Vacation

from Tim Herrington - Dorothy and Toto, Raspberry Ripple Cupcake, Balls of Red (not his but
he recommended it for use with UF dbs)

It means a lot to me when other hybridizers who are working for similar forms recommend plants they're seeing good results with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.