Show your favorite Eye and Edge!!!!!!!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I like all of those but esp. Blue Beetle. It just popped out at me when I first saw it a while backand should make some great crosses for you.

Bakersfield, CA

I was looking at Linda Agin's seedlings last night and I saw the most beautiful double. Let's see if I copied it OK.

http://agin.homestead.com/newseedlings/IM007748.JPG

Beaverton, MI

betja thats beautiful really nice.

Winnsboro, TX

Oooooo Betty that Linda Agin's seedling is beautiful. Now I have another question regarding that photo. Did you notice that one of the blooms was not a double? I wonderful how often it throws single blooms. Anyone got any ideals about how often doubles throw single blooms also?

Marian

Bakersfield, CA

No, I don't think that seedling has been introduced, so I don't know if anyone has that information. Linda Agin passed away in 2009 and there is someone you have to contact about registering any of her seedlings. Her contact information is on the website.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Betty, are you sure it's a double? It looks like it could just have very ruffly edged near the center but not extra whirls.

Marian, the rate of doubling depends on the cultivar, the growing conditions and sometimes the time of season. I remember one of David's that bloomed single on the first scape and almost all double on rebloom.

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

Lyle, I want to thank you again for posting your sibling photos! It's so exciting to see how different they can be.

You also posted a photo of Wisest of Wizards. That is one that I bought in October to use for hybridizing. I was happy to see that you noted that it made a good parent! I've got my fingers crossed that it will bloom for me this year!

Thanks to everyone for posting your photos! I know that there are thousands of named Daylilies out there, but it's a lot of fun to see pictures!

Bakersfield, CA

Leslie, I'm not at all sure that one is a double. It just looked like a gorgeous double to me at first glance, but I can see what you're talking about. See, I'm learning! Yea!!!

Lufkin, TX(Zone 8b)

i had the same idea. i dont think it is a true double. but, it is kinda hard to tell. whatever it is, it is very pretty!

tracie

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

Henry Boykin if I didn't post it already (2 many pics to look thru in this thread ! )

Thumbnail by Seedsower
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have not seen that one before Sandy. Very nice!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Natalie - Glad you like the sibs!

Sandy - Nice bloom on Henry Boykin

WISEST OF WIZARDS X LEE PICKLES

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LEE PICKLES

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

LEE PICKELS X SPANISH FIESTA

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Bakersfield, CA

Love that last one!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Betty - I kept that seedling because of the tight ruffle edge and the 6 inch bloom.

This seedling is one that i will use in the spring........

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Well I guess so! Wowzer.

Bakersfield, CA

That one is fantastic! Will you try it both ways?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Betty - I will put it with something that will give up the eye and hopefully get a good pattern

Bakersfield, CA

Ooh -- my favorite!

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

Lyle, I love the seedling from WISEST OF WIZARDS X LEE PICKLES! Love it Love it Love it! Honestly, eyes haven't been a big thing for me (I'm more into ruffled edges), but I did buy Wisest of Wizards last year, and it was the eye that made me want it.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have a couple of seedlings that are a cross or two away from becoming nice daylilies...

This seeding has a nice ruffled edge it needs a little more color to make it a nice daylily''

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Something not easy to do is put red on red .......This seedling will be used next season.

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Red with a white background more common....

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Bakersfield, CA

Lyle, those seedlings are so gorgeous! Are they what you consider "bridge" seedlings, or do I have it wrong?

Betty

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

The first seedling has 30 bud count and a 29 inch scape 6 inch bloom and great parents it will be used in a cross not as bridge.

The second seedling may be registered down the road. Its not a bridge

This may have been a topic for the Hybridizing thread Bridge Plant

This seedling has everything going for it except bud count it may become a bridge...

Thumbnail by Lyle627
Winnsboro, TX

They are all beautiful and I love that last seedling that doesn't have a good bud count. I need one of those for my hybridizing Wide edges. Want to see me a start of it Lyle? You know I wish that all the daylily hybridizers would only sell plants that you get plenty of blooms from. I have more than a handful that have very few blooms on them. I guess that's another thing you have to learn to look into before buying the plants. Before I would just see a pretty bloom and by it and never pay attention to how many buds it was said to have. Now that's one of the main things I look at right after I decide if I like the plant.

Marian

Logan Lake, BC(Zone 3a)

All of those seedlings are to die for!!! My fav is the red.

Bakersfield, CA

Thanks Lyle!

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I would certainly take those two reds! ~j

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Lyle on the Subject of Reds in your opinion what is the best way to get a good clear red from 2 reds. Is it pretty much hit and miss or do you need something special in the mix to bring it out??

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Wow, Some intense beauties here!!!! Good God!!! Love them all, But my fav was WRITTEN ON THE WIND

Here a few my measlies lol ...
Braided Edgings

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Fashion Police

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Celebration Of Angels

Thumbnail by IRIS
Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Jane Trimmer

Thumbnail by IRIS