DJ'S 2ND TIME AROUND PT 2

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

I have added some seeds to the list.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Evelyn,

I would like some Maththiola longipetela ssp. bicornus - Night-Scented Stock

and a wee bit of Anagallis linifolia - Blue Pimpernil

plus a healthy helping of Antirrhinum majus 'Bride' - White Snapdragon

I'll mail you on Tuesday, (PO closed Monday) wave petunia seeds (mystic pink, blue, and red).

Just had a little scare ... power went out for a few minutes (entire street). After power returned, I went to check to see if the other dwellings had lights on and discovered 2 nice packages filled with wonerful magazines. Thank you so very much Evelyn!

MARY

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I;m Still going through all my garden gate mag I Recieve from EVELYN Its hard to put them down Not that I Want to I Have many Ideas as to something new for the gardens this spring if this Old Body lets me :)

11* out this morning so very cold out side but about 80 here in the house thanks to daddy he got up &turn up the furnace he can not see but he knows where the thermostat is :(
I Have my aircondictionary in my window yet :) & Turned on the fan :) findly cooling off.

I had a dream last night that the mail carrier came to the door with a box filled with bubblewrapped envies filled with seeds from everyone & I was so over whelmed I Guess I woke up Before I could thank you all :)

well daddy will be up soon so i need to get my mail done chat more later.
susie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Quote from deejay9 :

crit i have your seeds ready for you :) now i'm off to plant a few seeds .
hope you easterners are staying in & staying warm.
susie

Thanks deejay

cam: May I get some lemon basil and cilantro, please? I never have good luck with the cilantro, but keep trying. I LOVE the fresh stuff!

evelyn: May I get the flowering tobacco please? Sending up prayers to cast the gophers, voles, moles and ground squirrels out of all the gardens.

Talking real fast

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy...... received the mags from Evenlyn. I am in GARDENING HEAVEN!

Thank you Evelyn!

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011 9:35 AM

Recd the mags yesterday, forgot my manners and did not come say thank you right away. too busy reading!!!!!

so-thank you so very much

Quote from merrymath :
Evelyn,

I would like some Maththiola longipetela ssp. bicornus - Night-Scented Stock
and a wee bit of Anagallis linifolia - Blue Pimpernil
plus a healthy helping of Antirrhinum majus 'Bride' - White Snapdragon

*a healthy helping? Does that mean you want two?*

I'll mail you on Tuesday, (PO closed Monday) wave petunia seeds (mystic pink, blue, and red).

****Thank you very much for the 'Wave' petunias. Are these from a commercial source or did you save these?

Just had a little scare ... power went out for a few minutes (entire street). After power returned, I went to check to see if the other dwellings had lights on and discovered 2 nice packages filled with wonderful magazines. Thank you so very much Evelyn!

You are SO welcome!

MARY

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Cobwebz, for the viability chart. Cam

Hi All sorry for not getting on this morning Just wasn't up to it but wanted to come let merrymath know
that I Rec'd the seeds today & To Say thank you for sharing with me .
I Have not gotten mine mailed out yet . I Need to find where i can get some bubble wrap envies any know ??
I Have some lg ones i can maybe cut down . hope to get them out in the mail by this next week to you alll
thank you.
susie

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Susie, try Wally world. I found mine there.

I won't be posting any more seeds as my chronic fatigue has come back big time and I can't keep my pea sized brain on what I am doing.
I will put lots of seeds in the box when it comes to me. Hope you enjoy and so sorry that I can't keep up!!

Maxine

Quote from Maxine :

I won't be posting any more seeds as my chronic fatigue has come back big time and I can't keep my pea sized brain on what I am doing.
I will put lots of seeds in the box when it comes to me. Hope you enjoy and so sorry that I can't keep up!!

Maxine

Maxine ~ I am confused here. I thought that you were participating in the first robin, but not the second one. Will our box be going to you, or were you referring to the first robin's box?? Should I be mailing you the seeds directly? What about all the others that are on this robin...??? (Evelyn - spinning around in circles...)

EVELYN You Will have to mail Maxines to her for she will not be in the 2nd time around & She is the last one on the 1st robin .
you will only send direct to the ones that are before you NEWBIE CRAIGBENNETT-----MI
NEWBIE MELLEN---------IOWA . RICKCOREY----------WA
if you have a trade with them :) all the rest can go into the robin .

Maxine I Know how you feel , I Have looked in wal-mart & K-mart No small ones looking for the 3x5's i would like.
guess i will have to look online.

well off to chat with my brother in TX so You All have a great evening .
susie

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

FYI for small zip baggets AC Moore or Michael's or JoAnn's fabrics

The following is a link that contains a 40% off (only good for 1 item) from AC Moore.

http://www.unretailme.com/printable-coupon/1_22_2011-AC-Moore-3-Printable-Discount-Coupons.pdf

Michael's and JoAnn's and Michael's all honor each other's coupons ... no questions asked.

I used the 50% off coupon yesterday (was only good for Jan 17th) at Michael's and gave the guy behind me the 40% off coupon. I only bought a box containing 175 of the 3 x 5 baggets. Original price was $2.99.

Attention 2nd round Robin participants

I am willing to share some seeds of what I just ordered from park seeds.

Cockscomb 'Amigo Mahogany Red' (Celosia argentea cristata)

http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/store/TextSearch?storeId=10101&SearchUnion=Y&CustSearchText=0507

Basil Osmin (Ocimum basilicum Osmin)
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/store/TextSearch?storeId=10101&SearchUnion=Y&CustSearchText=0301

Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
Terrific rodent deterrent
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/store/TextSearch?storeId=10101&SearchUnion=Y&CustSearchText=1347

Prunella 'Freelander Blue' (Prunella grand flora)
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/store/TextSearch?storeId=10101&SearchUnion=Y&CustSearchText=1703

MARY

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Mary,

May I have just a few Peppermint seeds?

Corey

Athens, PA

Mary - got your seeds in the mail today!

Thank you so much.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Corey .... recorded your request for peppermint seeds.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks again Mary!

Corey

Mary ~ I would love to have some of the Prunella 'Freelander Blue'. I just hope I can keep it moist enough during the summer months.

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Evelyn, I have recorded your request for Prunella 'Freelander Blue'.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Walmart here has the 2 X 3 inch bags for $1 for 100, the same bags at ac moore or Michaels is $1.99. they are in the craft section in Walmart near the glass beads.
Th childrens beads are in a different aisle in Walmart. crazy. For the longest time I didn't look around and thought they didn't carry glass beads.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Recd. seeds from Merrymath yesterday. Thank you so much, looking forward to seeing them in bloom this summer. With 9 hanging pots to fill, sometimes I end up purchasing things.

Maxine

Mary, may I have some cockscomb seed?

I found my small seed envies in crafts dept at Wally World, too. Almost missed them!
The small bubble envelopes are in the stationary department. There are all kinds of regular and bubble envelopes, all sizes.

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 7:58 PM

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Evelyn, a padded envelope is going out in todays mail.
Thanks so much for the seeds.
Oh my pocket book thanks you also.

Maxine

merrymath
cocksconb & Prunella 'Freelander Blue' For me please

ANNETTE : I Was asking for the Bubblewrap envies I cannot find them here in our town & I Do not get to the big city
guess i will have to ask my niece to stop off for me :) I'm sure she would .

well I'm redoing a room this winter so will try to get back when I Can .
susie

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I have recorded the following requests

Crit: Cockscomb 'Amigo Mahogany Red' (Celosia argentea cristata)

Susie: Cockscomb 'Amigo Mahogany Red' (Celosia argentea cristata) and Prunella 'Freelander Blue' (Prunella grand flora)

Susie, you can create your own bubble envelops using zip sandwich bags. Use a straw to blow a little air into baggie, zip close, fold over and tape the folded baggie. Use two these to line a regular envelop.

I have given up on WallyWorld as a source for zip baggets .... they never have them in stock! A trip to WallyWorld is a considerable greater distance away for me. JoAnn's is very close .. with AC Moore & Michael's (many Michael's are right next door to AC Moore) only another 1/2 mile more. Since there are frequent % off coupons for those closer where I do find the baggets, I am able to purchase them for less than a penny apiece. I have noticed that these stores do not offer them in 100 counts.

My recent purchase of 175 (3 x 5) cost me $1.49 plus 6% sales tax. The 2 x 3 baggets are priced at $1.99 .. but you get 175 baggets ... so the 2 x 3 would have cost me with tax $1.06.

MARY

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Since I dont use the big bubble wraps as often as the small ones, I measure off and cut the big ones up and make small one using packing tape or you can also place the bubble wrap inside a regular envelop. Sometimes this is actually cheaper to mail. Cam

Mary Are you looking in the Jewery DEPT At wal-Mart ??? this is where they are in our store.
sorry got to go back later

Quote from Maxine :
Evelyn, a padded envelope is going out in todays mail.
Thanks so much for the seeds.
Oh my pocket book thanks you also.

Maxine

Your welcome, Maxine!

Ok everyone I Have another new Site for ya all to check out ,

I just placed my order :) & No You all do not have to order :) just tuck it away till they have their end of the season sale :)

http://www.cherrygal.com/gardenheirlooms-c-12.html

if you do order let me know what you choose & I will share what I Ordered & we can share so you will not have to order what I Have ordered . :) dmail me .

well i have 3 more boxes to get through in the room that I want to make over. so best get off here soon .

susie

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Mary,
Would love a few of your cockscomb and prunella if you have enough.
ME

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Mellen,

I can reserve some cockscomb seed for you.

All the prunella seeds that I had available for trade are already requested by other participants.

MARY

Thank you, Mary. Much appreciated!

Quote from Maxine :
Evelyn, I would like to try your purple podded bush beans.
You will have to send them to me as I am not in this round of seed exchange.
Address is in Daves or I can send it to you?
Just let me know, ok?

Maxine

Interested to see what else you have of veggie seeds.

I have put them aside for you. What kinds of veggies are you looking for?

~ Evelyn

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Any and all, but prefer heirloom. Have went mostly too heirloom in some things, especially tomato's.

Maxine

I will start posting my seed list later tonight.

So far these are my trades:

Requests from me:

MAXINE -

'Royalty' Purple Podded Bush Beans
'Black Beauty' Zucchini
Golden Zucchini
'Baby Oak-Leaf' Lettuce
'Buttercrunch' Lettuce
'Cimmaron' Lettuce
'Crisp Mint' Lettuce
'Esmerelda' Lettuce
'Grendbloise' Lettuce
'Lolla Rossa' Lettuce

STEADYCAM3 -

'Sugar Baby' Watermelon
'Banana Legs' Tomato
'Dark Opal' Basil

MERRYMATH -

'Banana Legs' Tomato
Blue Pimpernil
White Snapdragon
Night-Scented Stock

SHERMAN99 -

Sweet Peas
Centaurea dealbata

RICKCOREY -

Lobelia 'Blue Moon'
Lobelia 'Crystal Palace'

CRIT -

'Crimson Bedder' Flowering Tobacco

CAROLYN22 -

Italian Sweet Basil
White Snapdragon
Verbena venosa
Candytuft Fairy Mix

What I am receiving from others -

merrymath - 'Wave' Petunias - Thanks, I already got them!
RickCorey - Delphiniums, Salvias, plastic & glassine envelopes

KOBWEBZ - Thanks for the link to Hill Gardens for seed viability.

MERRYMATH - Thanks for all the moneysaving ideas! (And sending the petunias!)

RICKCOREY - Thanks for keeping me laughing every day. Love your humor!

DEEJAY9 - Thanks for hosting this wonderful seed swap and sharing pictures of your lovely gardens.

CRIT - Thanks for your prayers to rid my gardens of pests.

NEW REQUESTS -

Deejay9 - Some Acorn Squash, if you have enough to spare. (I only want just a few seeds.) Globe Gilia
White Mignonette
Red Castor Bean
Light Blue Delphinium
Pale Yellow Hollyhock
Irish Velvet Poppies

merrymath - Osmin Basil

Wish List - perennial Baby's Breath - Gypsophila paniculata
and/or Manchurian Baby's Breath
any perennial lupines
red-leaved or purple-leaved castor bean plant
flowers or leaves with dark colors
white colored flowers
peach colored flowers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chit-chat -

RickCorey - You do not need bottom heat to start tomatoes. Go ahead and start some in March. They will do just fine. Some people even wintersow them. I might even try that....HMMMM...

Everyone - Please let me know if I left out someone or something. Also if you want anything else.

~ Evelyn

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011 12:21 PM

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

Here is the first part of my "have" list as requested. The number after each item is how many trades I have available. Some of the single trades will be a nice "sample" size. I hope that is okay.

HAVE:
Petunia-Easy Wave Coral-10Crit
Petunia-Pirouette Red-1
Petunia-Shock Wave Denim-1-Carolyn(out)
Petunia-Debonair Dusty Rose-1-deejay(out)
Zinnia-Violet Queen, Giant-3-deejay, Crit
Zinnia-Green Envy-3-deejay, Crit, Evelyn(out)
Zinnia-Enchantress, Giant-3-deejay, Crit
Zinnia-Scarlet Flame, Giant-3-deejay, Carolyn, Crit(out)
Zinnia-Lavender Gem, Giant-3-deejay, Crit
Echinacea-Double Decker-1-Crit(out)
Zea Mays Quadricolor-Ornamental Corn-I have 12 seeds/I will share 6 seeds so 1 trade-deejay(out)
Gaillardia-Sundance-1
Amaranthus-Early Splendor-1-Mary(out)
Castor Bean-New Zealand Purple-I have 6 seeds/I will share 3 so 1 trade-deejay, Evelyn-1 seed(out)
Viola Koreana Syletta-Variegated Foliage-1
Viola-Helen Mount-1
Scarlet Flax-1
Datura-Black Currant Swirl-there are 6 seeds

More later.
ME

I have updated this list. I took the order in which people asked. Take anything else you want that is not "out." :P

This message was edited Jan 22, 2011 9:32 PM

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Mellen, I would like the Amaranthus-Early Splendor seeds.

Thanks

MARY

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.