DJ9'S FALL SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

I predict the Robin to land at Maxine's on Jan 18th.

I have been pending a great deal of time trying to get my new cell phone activated with Net10.

Di .... I shall reseve the Clematis seeds you requested.

Mary

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, kobwebz! May all your booms come true...lol

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Happy B-day Dane.

Kobwebz, Hope your day was as good as mine.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

evening ev1 just got home a bit ago super over & Now i can get to my messages :) have a very good day today my friend always knows how to cheer me or get me out of the house :) left the house with 50 cash came home with over 600. yep a great day & well i just went out to try to get a picture for it is snowing out but it won't take.
snow is to light . .

it's only 39* out there :( but they say it is going to warm up by sunday :) my coffee is done anyone like a cup ??
come on in :)
going to go get the guesses posted :)

happy B-day KOBWEBZ

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

KOBWEBZ .... Happy .... Happy B I R T H D A Y !!

OUR 1st SNOW DAY Not sticking yet

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Too bad the Robin didn't arrive at your place right on your birthdays - but when it does -

Happy Belated Birthday!

(Luckily, DG does not support sending my attempt to sing it.)

Corey

Happy happy birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concord, NH

happy happy b-day kobwebs!!!!

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Kobwebz!. Today is my youngest daughter's birthday! She is 33 today. Lots of good people were born in November!!!

Linda

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Well I hinted. I guess I have to say it. Today is my B-day also.

Dane

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Dane, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Thank you.

Dane

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, Dane!

HAPPY B-DAY DANE & MANY MANY MORE

Dane, I am a little slow. I saw what you typed but it didn't register. Did you do anything fun today?

Did we discuss Allium seeds? I read/heard that if you plant Allium in your garden, it will keep the critters away. I planted some a couple of weeks ago and I just noticed that one if the bulbs are exposed. It doesn't looks as if it has been disturbed but I think the neighborhood bully (chipmunk/squirrel) discovered that he didn't like it once it was uncovered. LoL Do you all think it was a chipmunk or squirrel?

Hey, Susie, B-I-N-G-O! Congrats on you big time win.

Happy Birthday, Dane! Your music recollections were right on time, my friend. And it just goes to show, Karen, that vinyl isn't just a shower curtain. We have oldies but goodies too.

Let's have a group sing. Who else has a November birthday?

Count me in for the singing

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

Had a great day. Put on my new cloths and went to the mall. Tomorrow we'll have lunch on the Island.

Thanks everybody

Dane

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Woo Hooo ...... Happy Birthday Dane!!

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Happy, happy Birthday, Dane!

Linda

Padre Island? If that's where you're going I'm green with envy. Enjoy yourself and have a delicious lunch.

Athens, PA

kobwebz - Dane

Happy Birthday

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

I haven't had this many Bithday wishes in years. Thanks everybody

Dane

I sing really good on line.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2010 10:21 PM

Athens, PA

Dane

I sing better online too!

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow, thanks for all the Happy Birthdays, Dane, Hope you had a happy one too. Looking forward to the robin landing here. Had a wonderful birthday, couple of great gals in the trash to treasure forum thread ' from sofa arm to ceiling medallion' helping me re do my dining room, feels so good to de-clutter and clean. I'll go with Jan 15th for the robin to arrive at Maxines,

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, Cowabunga, and Holy Seeds, Batman!

The Robin hath landed.

And that is one plump Robin! Think "777".

I'm speechless.

Corey

Thumbnail by RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I was so blown away, I almost sat on the cat.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

And I didn't get all the envelopes into the first shot ... calm dow, Rick!

Corey

oh my gosh !!!!!!!!!!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes, Sherman, prepare to be innundated!

I'm overwhelmed, and I have barely cracked one person's "For All" bag.

And ... gulp ... we are only the first two in the Flight Path.

"It fell upon me as a mountain."

Corey

I hope i have enough seeds to put into it when it gets here !!

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Anita,

I think that the seeds you sent me are all "For All". I marked them that way in a plastic bag to take up less space.

I thought I would split 1/2 of one of the Orange Butterfly Milkweed pkts for myself,
s[plit 1/2 one of the Red Canna pkts
split 1/3 white trumpet lily
but maybe take all 1/4 tsp of the liliput zinnia if that's OK.

I'll try to split both salvia, but I already see at least one of them is dust-like, so I'll be careful not to lose any.

Thank you!

Corey

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

>> I hope i have enough seeds to put into it when it gets here !!

Abandon all hope of equalling DJ or Lazlo or ... or ... its just AWESOME. My first Robin, and it landed like a herd of flying hippos.

I thought the mailman was awefully smiley for such a rainy day ... maybe he was smirking because somehow HE KNEW.

And above and beyond all that, DeeJay sent me a Big Bag Of Cana Lilly rhizomes! BIG!

I tried to share my excitement with Toby The Cat, but he just looked down at me like "are ye daft, man? I can't eat THIS."

His loss!

Corey

so happy it arrived safely :) & Let me just say to sherman & The rest of you do not have to worry about replacing what you take out .
There are many many baggies of seeds that even if you take out 2 TBS Of seeds No one will care for there is plenty for all to try . I Just ask that when opening these baggies to please take time to push out the air & Be sure they are closed tightly . but no pressure in matching amount you take out .

there are extra baggies in the robin .to use if you need .

so if you have some seeds that maybe are not in the robin please feel free to share .
& I just ask that you will NOT Down Size the box till We have to

well I Made a very special ITALIAN SAUAGE SOUP Today That is calling me :)))
Back later

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I second that: there are bulging GALLON bags full of smaller bags. You WILL have to squeeze air out of small bags to fit them back into big bags.

And I think you'll have to squeeze the big bags to fit them back into the box.

It is AWESOME.

I made a tiny bit more room by replacing 3 bubble mailers with thinner plastic ziplocks.

Corey

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

No chance I'll get through it in time for a staffed Post Office today.

I went into "seed overdose" and have to take a defibrilator break, to wander around my yard with a cigar and a bemused expression, thinking about where all these seeds will live.

I think the shed must go, the bushes and trees, and of course the driveway. Maybe I could raze the house and live under a Red Trumpet Vine upon a bed of Salvia.

Does anyone know if you can ship a heavy box with a confirmation sticker at an automated PO?

I know I can weigh it and send it "Priority" automated, 24/7.

But can I apply the confirmation sticker that Deejay filled out, and add postage and just "put it down the chute"?

Also, it weighs much more than 13 oz, and I THINK that means I have to hand it to a human clerk, who thereby "makes us safe from terrorists".

Corey

sheds and driveways are unnecessary when you can have flowers there instead. LOL
I think mailing it out the same day you receive it is awesome. dont think i will be able to do that. i know i will go in some kind of babbling state with so much to chose from! what is an acceptable turn around time?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.