November Weather Winter looms!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CELIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!! We went to Oklahoma City to visit my mom on Wednesday, left early to beat the nasty storm that was going to produce tornadoes from AR/OK state line half way to OKC, not a large area but large enough for me! We beat it and not only did we not get any weather while driving, we didn't get any weather at her house either!

I'm gonna get caught up here....

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Well I'll have to get caught up later, I think the muscle relaxer I took at 10pm is still working. LOL

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

46° and partly sunny here in the northwestern corner of Pennsylvania today.

Ric.......Your greenhouse project looks very well done--as usual! The Steelers won worse then ugly!

Just want to say hi to everyone. I'm still lurking here--just not posting much........

I have 500 tulip and daffodil bulbs to plant and this weather is perfect. I use a bulb auger and just drill holes.

Photo: I've been photographing a lot of old abandoned buildings and cars lately.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

That's about what I learned to drive in. Ours was a 1949 Chevy ½ ton.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Started out nice and warm with temps topping out at 61 around noon today. Temps have been steadily dropping since and we are near freezing now, around 34 or so. Strong winds all day too.

In Overland Park, KS the Milburn Country club caught fire around 4pm or so and has pretty much burned to the ground. They are in defensive mode, trying to keep it from spreading. It's contained but not under control.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.kmbc.com/news/25952033/detail.html

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Celia!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Celia!!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

30° with a high of 32°
Cloudy and windy with on and off snow showers mainly during the morning.
Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Wildly Windy and Dyson Dark!

Sunfarm, I hope a bit of energy is back today. I can imagine how beat your body feels. I'm sure your Son feels good about being able to help you in any way. Is there any hint the treatment is working?

Aren't life's turns amazing? I joined when I found another Nichols person was here, but sadly she never joined, and I think I found that she passed. There aren't too many Alison's in Nichols. I felt sad for her. She was young.

Hi Chrissy! That was lucky! We had a tornado watch Monday. I couldn't believe it! LOL over being relaxed.

Hi Early! That is a lot of bulbs! I barely found room for less tha 75. I photograph old barns before they are all gone. Wow, the car looks alive! Shocked, but alive :o)

Pepper, fires are the worst. I'm glad no one was hurt. Our old rodeo building in the next town south of us, "The Thirsty Camel," lost it's kitchen last year, or was it this spring? The bikers use it now so it's a whole different kind of rodeo :o) It's not Sturgis, but you should hear the bikes coming and going over the three days they celebrate Memoriol day.

Ric, I meant to give Robyn a hug before Thanksgiving, and wasn't here. I'm sure Thanksgiving wasn't without many thoughts of her sister. I was thinking of her too.

As I was dusting, I realized how many times I was rubbing these. Enough to give everyone a wish for the day.

Aladdin's Lamp

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I Dream of Jeanne :o)

This, incidently, came from a Country Club my childhood neighbor worked at. It's pretty old.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Vail, AZ

Low of 27, currently 31. High today around 60.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Lovely winter morning here.
2" snow overnight.
Nice 25MPH NW wind blowing snow around.
21º after a high of 42º yesterday.
Cloudy.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! ^_^

Darrell brought me red roses and a lovely card. We went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Mmm...

15º and not cloudy. 29º for the high.

Waving hello to everyone!!!

This message was edited Nov 30, 2010 7:22 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday!
We don't have any Outback's here. We dined at one in Columbia, MO on our trip this fall. Extremely good food.

(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Bernie! I agree about the food. Yum!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Celia!!

It's bitterly cold today. Our high was in the low 30s with gusty winds and as soon as the sun went down the temps dropped pretty quickly and are still dropping.

We are also extremely dry. Any moisture we've had has been mimimal and hasn't helped the fire danger here. With the strong winds and dry conditions it doesn't take much for a fire to start around here. We need a good snowfall.

Blushing Knockout Rose still blooming away despite extremely cold temps. Crazy rose. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

20° and Dyson Dark
Wind: From W at 16mph gusting to 21mph
Some morning flurries with mostly sunny skies expected later in the day. High near 30F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

Reheadclan, you are as cold as me at night, but warmer during the day. 60* sounds pretty good :o)

Bernie, we had the wind, but just flurries.

Celia, what a wonderful birthday! It's been awhile since I've had steak. I won't buy it because it's better at a restaurant.

Pepper, I hope no one has any more fires. How beautiful!!!

It's Wednesday already. I kind of frittered yesterday away and didn't accomplish much.
The garden catalogs are coming in the mail so I went thru my seed list and found I ordered most of it last year. Since the driveway wasn't poured, I have to wait again to see what I can plant.

I need to can tomato juice for sure, and beets. Next, I'll have to go thru and count what we've eaten and compare it to what I canned, to kind of get an idea on how much I should can in a year.

See, I can ramble on without any help :o)

Old old sleigh bells. Each one is different so they have a beautiful sound when gently shaken.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

We have an ice storm here. Everything is covered with ice, even the car! Lucky I have a day off, it's our National Day.
Tomorrow is the big day, my DD and Nicholas will arrive at 11 a.m.!!!! I'm cooking and fix everything to be ready for them.

Adina

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for December.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1143390/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.