November Weather Winter looms!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Time marches on. A new month, time for a new thread.
7:24 AM & still Dyson Dark.
Sun is rising in the east.
Going to install drawers & doors on ladies bathroom cabinets. A very nice upgrade. I refinished the face frames Friday.
Did some plowing in the garden yesterday. Soil was in very nice condition so it plowed beautifully.
Finish that job later this week.
Need to insulate the attic this week also. Keep that heat in. Should have done it last year, but winter came to early & hard so we couldn't get it done.
Also this week, I will start on the big kitchen project. Shouldn't take to long.

We came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1132244/

Picture was taken off my porch.

Have a Great Month!
Bernie

This message was edited Nov 1, 2010 7:36 AM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new thread, Bernie. Nice sunrise!

nice truck, Ric! good work so far on the GH. down here we don't have to worry about frost heave. LOL
Pretty leaves, Adina.

I only had 7 trick-or-treaters come by my house last night. That leaves a LOT of candy for me! LOL

We have a chance of rain again later today and tonight! HOORAY!

# Today: A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 77F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Rain showers this evening, becoming a steady, soaking rain overnight with a few rumbles of thunder possible. Low 51F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Rain Rain Rain Rain!!!! Come ooonn Rain!!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween, we don't get any T or Ters and we have no candy, so Mau if you would like to donate to the poor and needy... lol

Adina I can't give her any money, my husband doesn't have a job and I don't make enough to pay the bills, if it weren't for unemployment benefits we'd be screwed. I'd rather put the dog down so I don't have to deal with her running loose, when one of her dogs gets out it will come over to my house and my cat can't go outside on her own property, plus it keeps me awake all night. Putting the dog down would be a win win situation for both of us, which she did give me permission to do.

Nice Mums by the way!

Ric nice truck! Looks like it was really taken care of! LOL on the cruise control, what would we do without it!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Look alike going rain tonight:

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 64. East wind around 9 mph.

Tonight: A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Northeast wind around 7 mph.

Well, I didn't go cause of my step-son don't want me come along with step-grandkids yesterday and so I am very grumble at him....

noonamah, Australia

Didn't get rain here until late in the day and now it's been drizzling well into the night. A good soaking rain at least, I've only got 8.6 millimetres (0.34 inches) so far.

Interestingly enough, after all the warnings we've been getting about a strong monsoon and cyclone season this year, the first cyclone has shown up a few days before the official start to the season. Tropical Cyclone Anggrek is expected to get to a category 3 and then weaken. Unfortunately the Cocos Keeling Islands are close to its track. It's predicted to curve away from the mainland coast tomorrow and head back out into the Indian Ocean.

This is the current warning:

TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 18
Issued at 11:39 pm WST on Monday 1 November 2010

A Cyclone WARNING continues for people on the Cocos Keeling) Islands.

At 11:00 pm WST (9:30pm Cocos local time) Tropical Cyclone Anggrek, Category 2, was estimated to be 190 kilometres northeast of Cocos Island and moving south southeast at 10 kilometres per hour.

Tropical Cyclone Anggrek is expected to intensify during Tuesday as it moves southwards towards the Cocos Islands. Squalls on the islands will gradually get stronger with periods of gale force winds likely to develop during Tuesday.

With the cyclone expected to curve around towards the west on Tuesday it is likely to be close to Cocos for an extended period. If the cyclone passes close by VERY DESTRUCTIVE wind gusts will occur and tides are likely to rise above the normal high tide mark with DAMAGING WAVES and flooding of low lying areas.

Details of Tropical Cyclone Anggrek at 11:00 pm WST (9:30pm Cocos local time):
.Centre located near...... 11.0 degrees South 98.1 degrees East
.Location accuracy........ within 85 kilometres
.Recent movement.......... towards the south southeast at 10 kilometres per hour
.Wind gusts near centre... 130 kilometres per hour and INTENSIFYING
.Severity category........ 2
.Central pressure......... 987 hectoPascals

The Australian Federal Police advise that Red Alert Status is now in force.

It was a 10 day walk, so it's a long post with lots of photos. Great for a wet afternoon or evening when there's nothing else to do.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

ROFLOL, Crissy! I can save some of the candy and bring it to you when I see you in Dec. at Hot Springs.

Wow, Tropic, that sounds bad for the folks on the Cocos Islands. I hope they don't get hit too hard. I'll check out that link when I have more time.

We had a frost over the week-end but, surprisingly, some of my flowers survived.
Here's a link to the photos I took today of the remaining blooms:
http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/BloomsAfterTheFrost?authkey=Gv1sRgCLrSq6PpnPSfUA#

and one photo as a 'teaser"

Thumbnail by marsue

LOL Mau, I can't wait that long.... It's an emergency! LOL LOL I'm just kidding, I have banned all candy as it sticks to my butt.

I had frost too, it bit my brugs so I cut them down Saturday :(

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Bernie, thanks for starting a new thread! Pretty sunrise
Crissy, sorry to hear that!Is that service for free?
Mau, I will look at the pictures tomorrow. That's a pretty teaser!

No more frost here, has warmed up , even at night. Sunny at noon but forrgy in the morning.
My mums are blooming.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Cold, cloudy and just about miserable. High in the mid 50s with a decent breeze.

Had to clean windows today at work. We decorate windows for events and holidays and it was time to take the Halloween one down. Not an easy or fast process. Spray the window down, scrape the paint off, clean window again, then clean it with Dawn dish soap and water. If still cloudy looking clean again. lol. I had only 3 big windows to clean and it took several hours. If it had been nice out I would have done all the windows since they need it. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pep go the HD or Lowe's and get a window cleaning kit.
I use one at work and it saves hours.
The chemicals work well and squeegee right off.
No rinsing, streaks or fog.

All plants are in and we will soon be buttoning up OUR GH.

Ric

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL crissy at "sticks to my butt"! :oD
Pretty mums, Adina.
Pepper, you can come down here and clean my windows when you finish up there. *grin*
Ric: sounds like you are prepared for winter!

HOORAY!! It's been raining for about 3 hours now! Supposed to be with us all day and into tomorrow!
Our high today will be in upper 50's and low in mid-40's. Warmer tomorrow--up to 70F.

We got a thunderstorm last night around midnight when I was trying to go to sleep but so excited that the San Francisco Giants won the Championship I couldn't sleep, the last time they won was in 1954 when they were the New York Giants. Woo Hooo!!

Other than that, we haven't gotten any rain...yet.....

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Mau, thanks!
Dyson dark today and foggy. It was so foggy when we got home tonight that I had to drive real slow...scary!

Sunny, breezy and cool. Temps were about the same as yesterday, mid 50s. About normal for this time of year.

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

We finally got some rain last night. One and three-fourths inches! Yay! It was a nice slow rain, so I hope it soaked in.

Today started out cloudy, but then the sun came out. Lovely cool day! Supposed to get down to mid-40's tonight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Got my plowing done. Now winter can come any time it wants.
Still got greenhouses to erect. Hope to get at that shortly.

We are finishing small projects in the shop. 3 done the last few days. Another will be done Friday. Then it's on to the large kitchen project.

Election is over, no more goofy ads on TV & in the mail!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40° with a high of 37°
Sun and clouds mixed. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 5 min Dyson Dark!

November, a time for change, literally, this Sunday we change the clocks back.

We had around 70 trick or treaters because a few towns didn't have their trick or treat night the same as ours. I barely had enough candy.

I had to take time off and go thru my pictures. I deleted a lot of blurry or almost identical ones and updated the e-drive. I've only had a digital camera since 2007. Luckily I had a lot of it already cleaned up, but I was ruthless in sorting again.

Bernie, love the sunrise thru the trees! Perfect for the new thread!!

Rusty, what a sad way to end up on Halloween :o(

Tropic, we worry about the first snow and ice and you worry about terrible winds. I'll have to catch up to the hiking pictures.

Marsue, be honest. There won't be any candy left and you will have to buy a new bag :o) I'll catch up to your link too!

Adina, lovely mums. Mine are blooming too, in the middle of the bed and I have to look in to see them. They didn't get moved this spring.

Pepper, there's nothing like clean windows, but that was a lot of work, especially having to clean the outsides.

Bernie, I began and end with you :o) You still have a lot of work to do!

We had the boys Saturday. They made this with Grandpa. I made them crouch so no one could see their underwear, LOL!!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Happy Birthday Chrissy!!!

I hope it rains all day!

Happy Birthday Crissy!!! Sun is shining here and it's gonna be a gorgeous day!!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Crissy!

Also, my dog JuJu's birthday today too! She is now 1 yrs old...(the box behind Ju that she chew bottom of the box bad girl dog! lol)....She's all training so far....

Thumbnail by JuJu55

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUJU!!! Look at her, she's all grown up!

It rained almost all night I think, and so far it's been raining since I got up at 6:30, we need the good soaking and I don't care if it's raining on my birthday, I'm at work anyway. Now if it was over the weekend I might have to have a little discussion...

So I heard on the radio this morning that in either 2011 or 2012, the DJ couldn't remember, we're not going to be doing daylight savings time anymore, or daylight savings time is going to become standard time and we won't be changing the clocks. That's the first I've heard of it, has anyone else heard this, and is it an Arkansas thing or a National thing??

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday!! Crissy
HappyBirthday! JuJu!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CRISSY ---AND JUJU!
Bernie, when you said you got your plowing done, I had visions of you holding on to the handles of an old plow as it was being pulled by a mule! LOL My late DH used to tell stories about his granddad doing just that very thing.
BP: love the pic of the boys and their "city"!
Rusty, JuJu has grown up to be a beautiful dog.
Crissy, I haven't heard of daylight savings time going away or of permanently changing to DST but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. LOL Our resident encyclopedia(and I mean that in the nicest way), Ric, may know something about it.

It's been raining off and on all day! :o)))))) It is cooler, current temp is 52F.

Thumbnail by marsue
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday Crissy!
Nope, mounted 2 bottom plow. Did a good job this year. 35 HP tractor pulling it. Takes a lot of power in this heavy black soil.

Windy & sunny today.

Glad bulbs getting drenched today. No thrips next year!

(Zone 7a)

Look how bigh Juju has gotten! Oh, she's beautiful! Happy Birthday to both pretty girls!!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Happy birthday Crissy! As a Dodger fan, I'm supposed to hate the Giants, but I was rooting for them in the World Series.

I don't know where winter is looming, but it isn't around here.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on November 03, 2010
95 °F
Clear
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 36 °F
Wind: 4 mph from the North

Happy Birthday JuJu!!!

Haven't heard that about daylight savings time. All I've heard is election results and very little of it local or state news. Just national. Oh well. My dad told me what I wanted to know so it's all good. lol.

Today the weather was very decent. Temps in the low 60s, sunny with a nice breeze.

Didn't do anything outside like I wanted since I had alot of housework to do but oh well. I really need to wash my truck. It's almost the same color as Ric's new truck now. LOL!!! The inside is really bad too. I meant to go to the carwash today but I had too many people behind me and wanted to get away from them so went home. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Chrissy!
And of course Happy Birthday JuJu!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

JuJu say "Woof Woof" (mean thank you)...

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

39° and clear. Feels like 32°
High of 49°
A mix of clouds and sun. High winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 30 min. Dyson Dark.

Happy Birthday a day late Juju! You are beautiful!!

Chrissy, rain, just what I wished for for you :o) I myself wish they would just do away with DST. If you do it, don't we all have to? It's something that gets discussed, but never happens.

Marsue, ''resident encyclopdia'' is the biggest compliment! Bernie would tie with Ric and Darius is our female half of the book.

Bernie, I can just see your soil. It's my favorite childhood memory, looking out the upstairs window watching Dad plow up the less than an acre of garden. I still remember the black jelly color when it was fresh and moist. Black gumbo. Nothing prettier. Maybe that's why black is one of my favorite colors and always has been.

Pepper, I hear you on too many people around and just going home. I did housework yesterday too. Plus, DD and the boys delivered the pizzas we ordered thru the school. It started off being nice, then it got windier and windier. I was glad to be in dusting and vacuming :o)

Grocery day today. It's a satisfying trip, to fill the cupboards, that are pretty full now. I'm waiting on the Thanksgiving flour and sugar sales to finish up. I've been mentally baking bread, so it's going to happen one of these days.

Zoe on catnip :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 7a)

BP, our Cleo looks like she's on catnip all the time. The part right before she zones out and goes to sleep. LOL

38º out there now with a high of 62º.

I have trimming and yard clean-up for today. Maybe I'll even get to it.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Celia we're the same temp!

All that rain was wonderful, thank you BP! Its so appreciated!! I can tell that the burn bans were lifted too, everyone was out burning last night lol

Sunny today with a high of 62, sustained northwest winds 10 to 20mph with gusts up to 30mph. I can't stand wind, it blows my brain around.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Heard Mau is having some computer issues.
So she may be gone for a bit.

Rain here today as a T-Storm whipped thru.
We won't see 50° again till at least Sunday.
But all the supplies have to finish the GH Build! ☺

Ric

Colder today with temps only around 50 or so. Windy and sunny too. Went outside when carrying groceries a few times today and about froze to death each time because I didn't wear a thicker shirt. lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

27° Feels Like: 18°
Plentiful sunshine. High 46F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 1 min
Still Dyson Dark even tho I slept in.

Celia, I love to bring in a fresh branch and let them get goofy! I even have a baggie of the stuff, all rolled up :o) It's hard to take your eyes off a sky like that!

Chrissy, I'm glad you got the rain. It does get depressing, and scary, when there's a burn ban. LOL over everyone burning. Yep, been there.

Thanks Ric,. I hope Mau makes it back soon. We'll miss her!

Pepper, I go no-where now without a coat and I know you won't laugh, but I could have used thermals the other day. Why is it when people loose weight, their legs are the only thing to get skinny?

It was windy and chilly yesterday, but a good day for working out. Since the cat jumped the fence we had up, we doubled it. Now they can go out again. This is the first time in seven years that they have actually been able to step in the grass. I'd love to let them out to roam, but roaming cats end up dead. I got the tomatoe cages out of the garden and dug the glads and 4 O'clock roots to store inside. I let the callas go. No room :o(

Vernal, UT

helo everyone,my name is crystal. i am celia's daughter. the weather is kind of cold, 36. its still hot to me, but thats cause i walk every where.. lol

Vernal, UT

oh and happy belated b-day to you crissy

(Zone 7a)

Woo hoo!!! I finally talked her into joining us. Welcome, Crystal!

AW thank you Crystal!!! Great seeing you here!

Woo Hoo Celia!!

Ok, I have just reminded myself why I don't go out looking at cars until I'm ready to buy one. I went to a Honda dealership just to drive through the lot and see if they had a manual transmission Civic, well that didn't work, now these people are calling me telling me about every stupid Civic they have on their lot, plus the dude who runs the credits just called and left me a vm. gggrrrr Talk about high pressured sales, sheesh!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.