September Chat Continues

Ripley, MS

Now that the weather has cooled, we are back to loving those plants again. It is nice to be able to do a few things without sweating too much.
Here is the Pink Clover Bush that we have been trying to root. It is covered in blooms now, I could not get a picture of the whole bush

Thumbnail by slcdms
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The Pink Clover bush is really pretty! I've never seen one before. I bet the whole bush is really pretty.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I really like that Sandra!! how big does the bush get? does it attract the butterflies or hummers?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice, Sandra. Interesting plant. Does it just grow in the deep South?

After I took this picture I decided that my little point and shoot camera wasn't all that bad. Cheap, but not too bad. So it must be the photographer. LOL. It helps to follow the instructions but you do have to wait a bit while it focuses so can't take a lot of shots quickly and expect them to turn out well like you can with a better camera. Definitely want to take a class.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

With mine also I have to find the spot where it focuses the best before I shoot. It will automatically focus but sometimes I'm trying to shoot too close up or too far away for it to focus right.

Ripley, MS

Here is the info on the clover bush
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/116792/
I have had mine for 3 years now and this is the first year it has started the weeping.

Thumbnail by slcdms
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty clover bush, Sandra. I've never seen one before!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Now that my yard is a Monarch Waystation I want to get some good pics of butterflies. I know you have to be quick, quick, quick for that. I could never get off 3 shots per second with this little camera like some of the cameras do because it seems to take some time to focus.

Carole

Ripley, MS

Those butterflies are too quick for me, I love seeing pictures of them and love trying, but I usually miss them for being too slow

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Carole, how do you get your yard certified as a monarch waystation?

I had some monarchs in my garden last season--two of them actually seemed to be posing for me--I don't know if they had just "hatched" or not but one of them stayed in the same spot for 10 minutes, which allowed me to get these photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/marsue777/MonarchButterflies?authkey=Gv1sRgCN6sk-qQ95OD9gE#

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, a few days ago you asked me if I was sure that I had a Joe Pye Weed--I thought that is what it was but a friend over on the weather forum has identified it for me as "Boneset"--here's the link:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1118/

This message was edited Sep 14, 2010 4:13 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

The recent rains have revived "Tiki Torch"

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is either Autumn Joy or Autumn Fire sedum--it is hard to tell in the photo but it is beginning to turn pink.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Blue salvia to the right; Blue Fortune Agastache to the left

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Red Milkweed

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Augusta Duelberg salvia

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Nicotiana

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Black & Blue Salvia

Thumbnail by marsue
Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have some kind of plant that looks similar to your boneset. I need to take a picture and post and just haven't gotten around to it. I had some free seed I got from an MG meeting and I had a pot sprout several plants last year. They grew in the clay pot all summer and then this summer it all came back. So I planted it all in the ground around my RPZ in the front and it has gone to town but I don't know what a couple of things are.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Lantana

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Somebody will be able to ID it for you Charlotte.

My shade bed this morning:

Thumbnail by marsue
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

My goodness ... beautiful Monarch shots, Marilyn. The other pics are great too. So what kind of camera do you use?

Here's the link to the Monarch Watch site ... they have the Waystation program. It's a program of the Univ of Kansas.

http://monarchwatch.org/waystations/

Ripley, MS

Marilyn, it is really hard to fool Kathy Ann--she is usually right --LOL
Beautiful pictures, things are looking a little better here, not a lot though

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

EMERGENCY PRAYER REQUEST! I just got a call from Sandra at 2:15 p.m. and she asked me to post this request here on this thread. Her BFF Judy has fallen and is in the ER(I don't know which hospital). She evidently fell onto a hard concrete floor. Sandra is getting ready to go up to the hospital but she wanted us to be sure and start praying for Judy now. As most of you know, Judy already has back problems so this certainly won't help matters. I am sure Sandra will let us know something as soon as she knows anything. I'm also going to post this on the RU thread.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

You got it ... praying for Judy.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Praying for Judy right now.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I thought boniset was joe pye weed. same plant aren't they?

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

They are similar and it is hard to tell them apart but plant files says they are different.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, here was my greeting of the morning. It's not a Japanese Maple though. This is flowering quince var. "Toyo Nishiki" in case you don't recognize it (lol). I didn't get the critter that did it ... hate it when they eat and run.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

On a brighter note, a newly planted sedum "Neon".

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Carole: so sorry about your flowering quince! I know just how you feel. Nice color on that sedum.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

That sedum is nice. Poo about the quince though!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Poo is right, Chris. Good thing the leaves will come back next year (hopefully). Gotta look on the bright side when you're a gardener, I suppose.

This 'Neon' is even a more intense color than that but the light was very bright when I took the shot so it washed out a little. I also got Sedum 'Maestro' and Sedum telephinium 'Hab Gray' and the little Sedum tetractinum that I'm going to pot and later on plant some of the latter in the garden. The ground is so hard right now but it is raining a little at the moment. Yay! I do enjoy those sedums. Marilyn's 'Autumn Joy' is lovely. My AJ is blooming as is the other one (can't remember the name of it).

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I can't remember if I posted these morning glories here or not, their all the way to the top of the shop building now. all the pretty blooms are WAY too far above my head lol

sorry if I already posted, I can't keep up these days.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

took a few shots of the still pretty plants lol Ruth gave me a little piece of this humming bird plant last fall at Kim's I think it was her anyway.

it's huge, and has been blooming off and on, not blooming at the moment though

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

this is one of my begonia pots, there's 5 in there I think but you can't tell cause Frosty is taking over.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

poor little miss mummy is barely getting enough room back in the back of this thing

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

and look at river nile and that no name with the huge leaves, their suffering cause of the frosty getting so big lol it pays to be tall don't cha think? lol

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This is the begonia Charlotte gave me a piece of at one of her luncheons.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

My malabar spinach plants

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.